Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  APostles Creed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: APostles Creed  (Read 2630 times)
RichkCt

Jesus is ALIVE and Well

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:28:39 PM »

It recently came to my attention that the Apostles Creed isnt entirely Biblical. Well if you dont believe in the trinity than there are certainly problems with the Creed. However there is a bit of information that I found to be completely false. The part of the Creed where it says Jesus descended setting the captives free. Jesus never went to hell to defeat satan. He didnt have to. He beat him ultimately on the cross.

There are bits of temptation delievered to Jesus by satan throughout the Gospels and he resisted all of them and refered to scripture for his defense. However it states nowhere that he went into hell before rising to heaven.

I've thought about and analysed it and I dont go with the trinity either I dont think they work separately..I think they are all together all the time...

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 10:34:12 PM »

It recently came to my attention that the Apostles Creed isnt entirely Biblical. Well if you dont believe in the trinity than there are certainly problems with the Creed. However there is a bit of information that I found to be completely false. The part of the Creed where it says Jesus descended setting the captives free. Jesus never went to hell to defeat satan. He didnt have to. He beat him ultimately on the cross.

There are bits of temptation delievered to Jesus by satan throughout the Gospels and he resisted all of them and refered to scripture for his defense. However it states nowhere that he went into hell before rising to heaven.

I've thought about and analysed it and I dont go with the trinity either I dont think they work separately..I think they are all together all the time...

Then, where did He go before He resurrected?

RichkCt

Jesus is ALIVE and Well

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 10:39:03 PM »

He was in the Tomb..The Holy Spirit lifted him up on the 3rd day....

Maybe getting a Bite to eat before..Smiley

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 10:42:38 PM »

The spirit doesn't die and it doesn't stay in a dead body either.  Where was His spirit before He resurrected?

RichkCt

Jesus is ALIVE and Well

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 05:47:20 PM »

The spirit doesn't die and it doesn't stay in a dead body either.  Where was His spirit before He resurrected?

Jesus commanded his spirit to go to the father on the cross..

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Col 2 says that Jesus won the fight on the cross
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

Act 2:29  Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33  Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 11:44:09 AM »

"Act 2:31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. "

Thank you.  That was exactly the scripture that I needed.  I had a question before about the Apostle's Creed.  
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 12:54:30 AM »

Rich,
The entire Apostles Creed is Bible based.
I had to get my old Catechism out to make sure that I gave you the correct answer.
"What do the scriptures teach of Christ's descent into hell?"
 The scriptures teach that Christ, having been made alive in the grave, descended into hell, not to suffer, but to proclaim His victory over His enemies.
" Christ was put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the spirit; which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison." 1Pet.3:18,19

What is your belief concerning the Godhead?

God bless you,
bluelake

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 10:07:56 PM »

"I've thought about and analysed it and I dont go with the trinity either I dont think they work separately..I think they are all together all the time..."

Your thinking on it could be wrong. What does God say about it? Go with that.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 10:11:51 PM »

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Luke 23:42.  "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
 43.  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Support your local Christian.
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 12:57:54 AM »

Luke 23:42.  "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
 43.  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Ollie,
Your questions are typical of a person who does not know who Jesus Christ is.
You asked, Where did he go before he was resurrected? What are you talking about. Where did who go?
Do you know who Jesus is?
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One God. They are never separate.
 Read Jn.14: 23-26  Please pay close attention to the grammer in these scriptures.
Tell me, how do you interpret these passages?

God bless you,
bluelake

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the