Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Stinging Locusts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Stinging Locusts  (Read 2860 times)
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2005, 06:50:01 PM »

Quite possibly a prelude to their stinging weapon spoken about in Revelations.

Rapture Me Com
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 09:35:06 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »

http://www.raptureme.com/cgi-bin/rrnews_list.cgi?cmd=one&file=rrnews/N.20050706.101721.US_aims_Star_Tr

I clicked the above and there's nothing there.  Hummmm.  Just the RR site with the Rev.3-3 quote.  Nothing else.  I waited and waited and still nothing.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 10:24:36 PM »

The "Link" didn't quite get the entire URL - I copied and pasted and it worked fine.  Here's the article:

US aims Star Trek ray guns at nuclear sites

Submitted By:mark
 Click for Source Article
 US scientists have unveiled details of a project that aims to develop Star Trek-style ray guns that could keep "security adversaries" out of Department of Energy (DoE) nuclear sites.

The DoE Office of Security and Safety Performance Assurance, together with the Department of Defense, is "exploring the potential" of directed energy weapons based on millimetre-wave rays.

Dubbed Active Denial Technology (ADT), the systems are an emerging class of non-lethal weaponry using 95GHz millimetre-wave directed energy.

According to the DoE the technology is capable of rapidly heating human skin to a pain level that has been demonstrated as "very effective at repelling people" without apparently burning the skin or causing other secondary effects.

ADT emits a 95GHz non-ionizing electromagnetic beam of energy that penetrates approximately 1/64 of an inch into human skin tissue, where nerve receptors are concentrated.

Within seconds, the beam will heat the exposed skin tissue to a level where intolerable pain is experienced and natural defence mechanisms take over.

This intense heating sensation stops only if the individual moves out of the beam's path or the beam is turned off.

The sensation caused by the system has been described by test subjects as feeling like touching a hot frying pan or the intense radiant heat from a fire. Burn injury is prevented by limiting the beam's intensity and duration.

Sandia National Laboratories, a National Nuclear Security Administration lab, will investigate how the technology can be used on "adversaries" by developing a small ADT system to protect US nuclear sites.

To help solve the many technical issues associated with the project, Sandia has partnered with Raytheon and the Air Force Research Laboratory as both organisations have significant experience with earlier ADT developments.

In the mid 1990s the US Air Force funded development of an ADT prototype which resulted in several ongoing projects, such as the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate's Vehicle Mounted Active Denial System and the Office of Force Transformation's project Sheriff.

In 2004, Sandia conducted simulations of how the smaller ADT system might be used and how it would perform against "adversary attack scenarios" within a nuclear facility using the Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation software modelling tool.

"Recently there has been significant progress with this project," said Willy Morse, Sandia's principal investigator.

"On 5 May we took acceptance of a prototype system built by Raytheon's Advanced Electromagnetic Technologies centre in partnership with CPI and Malibu Research. Initial characterisation and performance tests were completed at the end of May."

A second-generation small-size ADT system is expected to be fielded at several DoE nuclear facilities as early as 2008.

Millimetre-wave "human effectiveness testing", initiated in 2001, has demonstrated ADT as effective and safe without any long-term effects, according to the Department of Defense.

As for me - I tend to take the Bible a little more literally - I think it will be an actual bug-grasshopper-scorpion-type-critter.  What ever it is - it WILL BE NASTY!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 11:09:13 PM »

http://www.raptureme.com/cgi-bin/rrnews_list.cgi?cmd=one&file=rrnews/N.20050706.101721.US_aims_Star_Tr

I clicked the above and there's nothing there.  Hummmm.  Just the RR site with the Rev.3-3 quote.  Nothing else.  I waited and waited and still nothing.

Cut and paste into the address bar.

Or go to rapturready.com, click on New (top line selection), and look for this story, "US aims Star Trek ray guns at nuclear sites"

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:10:21 PM »

Better yet, why don't I just cut and paste the story myself? Duh!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click for Source Article
 US scientists have unveiled details of a project that aims to develop Star Trek-style ray guns that could keep "security adversaries" out of Department of Energy (DoE) nuclear sites.

The DoE Office of Security and Safety Performance Assurance, together with the Department of Defense, is "exploring the potential" of directed energy weapons based on millimetre-wave rays.

Dubbed Active Denial Technology (ADT), the systems are an emerging class of non-lethal weaponry using 95GHz millimetre-wave directed energy.

According to the DoE the technology is capable of rapidly heating human skin to a pain level that has been demonstrated as "very effective at repelling people" without apparently burning the skin or causing other secondary effects.

ADT emits a 95GHz non-ionizing electromagnetic beam of energy that penetrates approximately 1/64 of an inch into human skin tissue, where nerve receptors are concentrated.

Within seconds, the beam will heat the exposed skin tissue to a level where intolerable pain is experienced and natural defence mechanisms take over.

This intense heating sensation stops only if the individual moves out of the beam's path or the beam is turned off.

The sensation caused by the system has been described by test subjects as feeling like touching a hot frying pan or the intense radiant heat from a fire. Burn injury is prevented by limiting the beam's intensity and duration.

Sandia National Laboratories, a National Nuclear Security Administration lab, will investigate how the technology can be used on "adversaries" by developing a small ADT system to protect US nuclear sites.

To help solve the many technical issues associated with the project, Sandia has partnered with Raytheon and the Air Force Research Laboratory as both organisations have significant experience with earlier ADT developments.

In the mid 1990s the US Air Force funded development of an ADT prototype which resulted in several ongoing projects, such as the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate's Vehicle Mounted Active Denial System and the Office of Force Transformation's project Sheriff.

In 2004, Sandia conducted simulations of how the smaller ADT system might be used and how it would perform against "adversary attack scenarios" within a nuclear facility using the Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation software modelling tool.

"Recently there has been significant progress with this project," said Willy Morse, Sandia's principal investigator.

"On 5 May we took acceptance of a prototype system built by Raytheon's Advanced Electromagnetic Technologies centre in partnership with CPI and Malibu Research. Initial characterisation and performance tests were completed at the end of May."

A second-generation small-size ADT system is expected to be fielded at several DoE nuclear facilities as early as 2008.

Millimetre-wave "human effectiveness testing", initiated in 2001, has demonstrated ADT as effective and safe without any long-term effects, according to the Department of Defense.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 11:17:21 PM »

Better yet, why don't I just cut and paste the story myself? Duh!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click for Source Article

No long term effects...............that's really funny since it was only initiated in 2001.  Couldn't resist.  It just hit my funny bone.  Reminded me of the scientific medical community.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 11:21:27 PM »

This does not fit the description given in the Bible.

Rev 9:5  ......but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

A scorpion produces symptoms like a centrally mediated seizure, but the patient is awake and alert the entire time.  Some of the symptoms are described as inconsolable crying; uncontrollable jerking of the extremities; and chaotic thrashing, flailing, and writhing combined with contorted facial grimaces. A scorpion sting though only lasts 24-72 hours.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 11:35:58 PM »

This does not fit the description given in the Bible.

Rev 9:5  ......but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

A scorpion produces symptoms like a centrally mediated seizure, but the patient is awake and alert the entire time.  Some of the symptoms are described as inconsolable crying; uncontrollable jerking of the extremities; and chaotic thrashing, flailing, and writhing combined with contorted facial grimaces. A scorpion sting though only lasts 24-72 hours.

Take it from someone wha has actually been burned alive - if that pain they talk about is akin to being "close" to on fire, they will definitely be thrashing, flailing, and writhing in agony!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 11:56:05 PM »

Would that be internally affected organs also, or just topical?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
thundr

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 01:45:46 AM »

1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.
2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.
3 And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth.
4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man.
6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.
7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.
8 Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.
9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.
10 They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.
11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.

The locusts that are mentioned are just that demonic locust.  The thing that i've tended to notice is that people try to put a human spin on things that will happen in the Tribulation instead of taking the Bible at it's word instead of trying to read things into it.  
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 07:04:48 AM »

Hey Thundr....being a weather fan myself, I like your screen-name.

The thing that i've tended to notice is that people try to put a human spin on things that will happen in the Tribulation instead of taking the Bible at it's word instead of trying to read things into it.  

Isn't that what John did?   Hair of a women, teeth of lion, chariots rushing into battle, locusts that had tails to sting like a scorpion?   I'd certainly call all of these things a first century human spin on something John was trying to explain.  He even goes as far as to say, something like, in many of the adjectives to describe them.   Of course, they may indeed be demonic locusts, but who knows.

All I know for sure is, thats one pest I never want in my house  Cheesy

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the