Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Great Day Coming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Great Day Coming  (Read 2057 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2005, 07:35:43 AM »

Author: Woodrow Kroll
Source: Lessons on Living from Isaiah
Scripture: Isaiah 2:4 Revelation 20:1-3 Isaiah 9:6 Romans 5:1 Revelation 20:7-8 Psalms 16:11 1 Thessalonians 4:17

A Great Day Coming

Isaiah 2:4

He shall judge between the nations, and shall rebuke many people; they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; nations shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

A Great Day Coming

Peace has always been an elusive prospect. The Columbia Dispatch reported in 1993 that cable TV mogul Ted Turner funded a competition to find a book that gave a workable plan for world peace. Turner said he wanted to see if anybody had a real vision of a future world at peace and harmony. His quest ended in disappointment. He told an Atlanta gathering of news contributors to his Cable News Network's "World Report" that, "With 10,000 manuscripts, we did not have one plausible treatise on how we could get to a sustainable, peaceful future."

Apparently no one thought to check the Book of Isaiah. Here, God reveals that there is a day coming when wars will cease. This will not be the result of any plan proposed by the wisdom of man; it will come, instead, through the direct intervention of the Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 20:1-3 foretells the imprisonment of Satan so that he "should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished" (v. 3). During that time, the world will finally experience the peace it desperately needs. True peace can only come when the Prince of Peace brings it (Isa. 9:6).

We don't have to wait that long, however, to experience personal peace. That's available to you right now. When you trust Jesus Christ as Savior, you can have peace with God in your life immediately. The Bible says, "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

World peace is a wonderful goal and it will be a great day when it happens, but personal peace right now is even greater. Peace among all the nations of the world will last only while Satan is imprisoned (Rev. 20:7-8). Our peace with God, on the other hand, will last forever (Ps. 16:11; 1 Thess. 4:17).

There has to be peace in the heart before there can be peace in the world.

This devotional is freely distributed by Back To The Bible.

Did you enjoy this devotional?  Send it on for a friend to enjoy.
To receive this e-mail regularly, just go to this page:
http://www.backtothebible.org/aboutus/email_entry.htm

Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 01:12:44 PM »

Fantastic post Tom!!!

This reminds me of the Bhudda followers, who foolishly believe we keep reincarnating in order to learn from the evils and mistakes of our past lives. The end result is a world free of all evil and full of "universal truth and peace"  Tongue

A good friend of mine was into this false religion for a time. That is until I put this question to him. "If this stuff is true, then why has the world become so much more evil and violent?"

He chocked out a half hearted answer, then eventually came to realize I was right. My friend is now a new Christian!!

Men have had their opportunity to make the world a "better" place without God's direct intervention for about six thousand years now. God's way is the only way we have a chance to really become free of all evil. God is coming back soon to clean the mess we created through our best efforts! Cheesy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 11:04:16 PM »

Bronzesnake,

Brother, I give thanks that we don't place our trust in men. I thought about that over and over again while reading your post. Men always fail, regardless of how good their intentions are and how hard they try.

JESUS is most definitely coming again, and HE will bring all things under HIS RULE. It's what happens before HIS 1,000 year rule and reign that grieves my heart. Hosts have rejected Him as Lord and Saviour, and their time grows short. I don't even want to imagine how horrible it would be to die without JESUS and be doomed forever to the curse of sin and punishment.

NOW, I'm simply giving thanks that JESUS paid it all, and I belong to HIM. JESUS NEVER FAILS!!!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Dyskolos

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 12:40:57 PM »

This reminds me of the Bhudda followers, who foolishly believe we keep reincarnating in order to learn from the evils and mistakes of our past lives. The end result is a world free of all evil and full of "universal truth and peace"  Tongue

A good friend of mine was into this false religion for a time. That is until I put this question to him. "If this stuff is true, then why has the world become so much more evil and violent?"

He chocked out a half hearted answer, then eventually came to realize I was right. My friend is now a new Christian!!

Uh, this is not at all what "Bhudda followers" believe about reincarnation.

Frankly I don't believe your little story is true at all. Why make up something like this? This is lame.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »

OK guys, here you go.........ref. major world religious philosophies, (short description) Buddhism.

http://1-fitness.com/religions/index.html

You're going to come up with two pages.  X out the 1-fitness page (sort of plum pink color)  It's the one behind that page.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 08:46:35 PM »

Uh, this is not at all what "Bhudda followers" believe about reincarnation.

Frankly I don't believe your little story is true at all. Why make up something like this? This is lame.

I heard that one of them reincarnated into a swarm of bees. It was a horrible case of multiple personalities.  Grin

Who knows what you'll reincarnate into?  Regardless, it's silly enough for a   Grin

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 09:56:55 AM »

Jude 1:6

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the