Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  National ID Card-Law Passed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: National ID Card-Law Passed  (Read 3367 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2005, 01:00:22 AM »

For anyone interested:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121077,00.asp

You'll have to type in their search window---National ID Card

When you get to that page, scroll down about 1/4th of the way to article--Coming Soon-Nat'l. ID Card

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 10:50:36 PM »

For anyone interested:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121077,00.asp

You'll have to type in their search window---National ID Card

When you get to that page, scroll down about 1/4th of the way to article--Coming Soon-Nat'l. ID Card

OK guys---------the law was passed.  Does this mean that America is now a police state?

You can also use your search window for "National ID Card?."
Lots of opinions out there.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 11:13:21 PM »

It is not a police state yet. This is just one of many steps that eventually will be used in the end times. It is a slow process that is being implemented so that people will be less likely to rebel when the time comes for the Beast to take over.

Don't get me wrong. I am not into conspiracy theories by our government. I honestly believe that the people that are instituting these laws do not realize where it will lead and think they are doing it to protect all of us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 11:37:17 PM »

It is not a police state yet. This is just one of many steps that eventually will be used in the end times. It is a slow process that is being implemented so that people will be less likely to rebel when the time comes for the Beast to take over.

Don't get me wrong. I am not into conspiracy theories by our government. I honestly believe that the people that are instituting these laws do not realize where it will lead and think they are doing it to protect all of us.

The law passed.  It will be effective in 3 years from April-May 2005. Then we'll have the police state.  Agree with you about the "Beast".  Takes time to get it implemented.  I think a lot of people are going to rebel against this.  You can get more info on others opinions on the net.

Reference above-------the people are deceived.  Bible warns us not to be deceived.  Someone in the government must know what's it's leading to.  We need to keep praying for all those government officials, for wisdom, courage, strength, guidance and direction.

Predictions are for 2012, give or take a few years, you know what I'm referring to.  All is leading up to it.

Take care PR.

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 12:34:30 AM »

The US Senate voted on the implementation of a National ID card system without ever debating the issue.  For what this means:

http://www.unrealid.com/what.html

Also:

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/05/real_id.html

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 01:30:55 AM »

Chris,

I just finished reading the bill that was passed. the information in the first web site you gave is really stretched.

First of all states still have full control of drivers license and most states already have the regulations in effect that was stated for them in the bill. So basically it has changed nothing for most states.

Under "What does this mean for America"

#1. Police and Judges already give this information on their drivers license and it is already in the state databases and is shared between states and federal government offices that have the need to know.

#2. I saw no where that this information was to be made available to private industry. This information was to be made available to border agencies and federal government which it already is. The only difference here is they won't have to go to the individual states to get it but have it readily available on their computer.

#3. This information is already available between states and the federal government. It is being placed on more secure links instead of using fax machines/phone conversations to relay the data.

#4 & #5 State drivers license already are used to provide this information. It is just done through a longer process. If a person from say N. Carolina is detained in Calif. then the Calif police can verify a persons drivers license info by calling or faxing the NC authorities. Not a very secure means of relaying such data.

This system is only making this data to be more quickly available to the appropriate authorities. Can it be misused? Yes but so can the present system. Can it be accessed by the wrong people? Yes. Any computer no matter how many safeguards are implemented into it is still vunerable to be hacked by the person with the knowledge to do so. Will it one day be available to private industry? Maybe but it is not an element of the current bill.

If a person is really concerned about this then they should not want to even be in a state database let alone a federal database.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 03:08:17 AM »

No, Cris, America is far from a police state. Visit a REAL police state some time, see how they treat their people, then maybe you will be a little more thankfull for the freedom the "Police state" Government provides you. Roll Eyes

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Reba
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 09:26:38 AM »

When i hear of National ID cards... my mind goes to some old movies.... Some German solder is asking for your papers at a check point…

Seems to me we have not learned the lessons of 1930 Germany.  These erosions of our personal freedoms have crept upon us like we are frogs in a pot.

The Patriot act has personal affected this old grandma. Sure it is in a small and unimportant way. As the pot gets hotter.  I remember when Roe v wade was only a single case, it soon became accepted as the law of the land.  I don’t worry about this for my self but for grandchildren or their children etc.  Are your guns registered ? Can you pray in school.  Why does this government need to know my address.  Once the pot boils it will be to late.

I would still rather live here then anywhere else but I will not hide my head in the sand. It is scary to accept the erosion  because  it is slower or less then some other country.  

2 Chron 7:14

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
KJV
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 10:28:11 AM »

PR,

1.  I agree with some of what you said about the DL's.

2.  It WILL BE misused-------count on it.

3.  It's the RFID chip imbedded in the DL's that pose a
     problem, because they can be read remotely at a distance.
     Con's looking to steal identities will be able to read your
     RFID chip from a distance if they have the equipment.

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 10:35:17 AM »

No, Cris, America is far from a police state. Visit a REAL police state some time, see how they treat their people, then maybe you will be a little more thankfull for the freedom the "Police state" Government provides you. Roll Eyes

Tibby,

DO MORE RESEARCH.

What I'm saying is that this is just 1 step closer to America becoming a police state. 1 step leads to another, then another.  PERIOD!!!

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 10:44:01 AM »

When i hear of National ID cards... my mind goes to some old movies.... Some German solder is asking for your papers at a check point…

Seems to me we have not learned the lessons of 1930 Germany.  These erosions of our personal freedoms have crept upon us like we are frogs in a pot.

The Patriot act has personal affected this old grandma. Sure it is in a small and unimportant way. As the pot gets hotter.  I remember when Roe v wade was only a single case, it soon became accepted as the law of the land.  I don’t worry about this for my self but for grandchildren or their children etc.  Are your guns registered ? Can you pray in school.  Why does this government need to know my address.  Once the pot boils it will be to late.

I would still rather live here then anywhere else but I will not hide my head in the sand. It is scary to accept the erosion  because  it is slower or less then some other country.  

2 Chron 7:14

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
KJV

Reba,

I would still rather live in America than anywhere else, too.  Then again, I've never lived anywhere else.

Your words, "CREPT" and "EROSION" are so right on, grandma Wink.

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 11:51:20 AM »

I totally agree that we are not in a "police state" such as Germany and many others countries were. There are many countries now that are in a police state such as China and Singapore. I have been to countries where you could be shot on the spot with no questions asked for hollering to another person down the street even if it were a friendly holler. I saw a person shot for disturbing the peace when his girlfriend got mad at him and yelled at him in public. We are no where near that as of yet.

I also agree that this is another step toward the U.S. becoming a police state however it is a small step.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 12:06:03 PM »

I totally agree that we are not in a "police state" such as Germany and many others countries were. There are many countries now that are in a police state such as China and Singapore. I have been to countries where you could be shot on the spot with no questions asked for hollering to another person down the street even if it were a friendly holler. I saw a person shot for disturbing the peace when his girlfriend got mad at him and yelled at him in public. We are no where near that as of yet.

I also agree that this is another step toward the U.S. becoming a police state however it is a small step.

Depends on ones definition of the following:

"One small step for man; one giant step for mankind." Grin Tongue Lips Sealed

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 03:15:49 PM »

Tibby,

DO MORE RESEARCH.

What I'm saying is that this is just 1 step closer to America becoming a police state. 1 step leads to another, then another.  PERIOD!!!

Grace and peace,
cris

I've done plenty of research. It is you who needs to put down the propaganda and do a little research. It doesn't take a lot of research to know that America is FAR from a police state. Just study a little history. America is not even close to being police state. This is a step that COULD, one day, maybe turn America into a police state, but that is far from coming.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 03:34:32 PM »

Tibby,

DO MORE RESEARCH.

Grace and peace,
cris

I've done plenty of research. It is you who needs to put down the propaganda and do a little research. It doesn't take a lot of research to know that America is FAR from a police state. Just study a little history. America is not even close to being police state. This is a step that COULD, one day, maybe turn America into a police state, but that is far from coming.

OK then, take a comprehension course!!! Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the