Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Idea for the forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Idea for the forum  (Read 5980 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2003, 03:25:31 PM »

In a Martial Arts board I type in, there is a choice in your profile where you can list your styles.  I was thinking it would be helpful if we had a space on our profiles that said what denomination we are a part of, if any, and a link for that Denomination or our church. It would make it easier in the discussion board, we would, for them ore part, know where the person we are debating with stands on the issue, without haven’t to stop mid agreement to ask, and we wouldn’t clutter a thread with people asking who is what, leaving more time for meaningful discussion.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
PAC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 11:13:35 PM »

Tibby,
"If"everybody replying to messages on this forum or any other forum are using the Bible for their research, there is no need to list a Denomination.
               Paul
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 03:24:33 AM »

If that where the case, we wouldn’t have Denominations in the first place, my friend. The problem doesn’t not lay with searching the bible, the problem lays with the interpretation, and this is why it may be necessary to state our denomination up front.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 04:29:34 AM »

If that where the case, we wouldn’t have Denominations in the first place, my friend. The problem doesn’t not lay with searching the bible, the problem lays with the interpretation, and this is why it may be necessary to state our denomination up front.
Sounds suspiciously like an excuse to ignore people's arguments because they are Catholic, Baptist, AoG or whatever to me.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 12:35:09 PM »

Sounds suspiciously like an excuse to ignore people's arguments because they are Catholic, Baptist, AoG or whatever to me.

I don’t follow what your trying to say, it IS the reason we argue with someone who is Catholic, Baptist, AoG, or whatever.

PAC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 11:31:10 PM »

Tibby,
I have heard poeple (not on this forum) automaticly say someone is wrong just because of the church they attend, if people use the Bible and God as the basis for their research I do not see a need to list denominations. Maybe they should post nationalities also.Smiley
                  Paul
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 10:39:20 AM »

Tibby,
I have heard poeple (not on this forum) automaticly say someone is wrong just because of the church they attend, if people use the Bible and God as the basis for their research I do not see a need to list denominations. Maybe they should post nationalities also.Smiley
                  Paul

You have? Really? Well, I haven't. What does that have to do with anything? Do you think people would do that in this Forum? I think we are adults. I think we can handle a little extra information.

PAC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 01:28:08 AM »

Tibby,
If we were talking about the Sabbath (because I am a Adventist) we would already be at odds because the majority of Christians do not attend church on the Sabbath, If we were talking about blood transfusions or Gods and one of the parties was Morman, we are already at odds,if we were talking about the Pope and one of the parties is Catholic, we are already at odds,I do not believe there should be anything brought up about Denominations, we should refer to each other as Christians. Please note that these examples are all hypothetical(sp) My views are not because I am a Adventist, they are mine because it what is in the bible(that one is not hypothetical)(sp).
                        Paul
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 02:33:07 AM »

Have you been to the Theogoly Board lately? How about Apologetics? We DO talk about this stuff. If we are talking about blood transfusions or Gods and one of the parties was Morman, we would would be at odd, even before we start our Denomination. If we were talking about the Pope and one of the parties is Catholic, we are already at odds, You don't need to tell me you are Adventist, you would still speak out against it. Posting Denominations, that is just for our imformation. We we are going to argue about an issue, we are going to argue.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 04:43:23 PM »

Just a "BIBLE BELIEVER"

My Bible is KJV  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
PAC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 09:52:12 PM »

I feel that some people would be a litle more judge mental if they knew the church the other party attends just because they attend that church.I have a freind at work that you would never know is Mormon by just having a conversation with him, now if there were a group of people standing around talking about "Bible stuff" and someone walked up and said hey I am Mormon,can I join in, alot of people are going to pre-judge that person.
                Paul
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the