Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christ as a Woman, God as Female
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christ as a Woman, God as Female  (Read 6505 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 01:39:05 AM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

A lot of languages use the male nouns as a generic term. I’m not sure if this is the case with this, I’m just saying the bible was not written in English. Undecided It isn’t a biblical semantics thing, anyways, it is just a perception I had from childhood. I remember it, too. My young brain was wondering off during service, as many childern's minds do, and I thought "If Jesus is the son, and God the Father is the Dad, then the Holy Spirit must be the mommy" and it just kinda stuck. Never said it was the bible truth, just the meandering thoughs of a 5 year old, and I never had a reason to thino therwise till now. I never really did an indepth study into the pronouns used to discribe the holy spirit. The Holy Spirits gender never seemed like that big of an issue to me.  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 03:27:47 AM »

The people who publish this trash don't have a clue.
asaph

On the contrary, they know exactly what they're doing.
They don't believe in God. This is a well thought of strategic manoeuvre in order to twist a liberal "Christian" population into believing this stuff is legitimate. Scriptures are misinterpreted and manipulated to make it appear as though Jesus has a feminine persona, and that the interpretation that God is masculine is incorrect. I'm sure many feminist and liberals will eat this stuff up.

This is no different than homosexual priests and bishops. These people don't believe in a literal God who has moral rules and laws. They insert themselves into Christianity in order to slowly reinterpret it to suit their lifestyles. People accept this evil! Not just gay folks either, liberal Christians will accept almost any interpretation, using the flawed logic that "Jesus is love" and Jesus accepts any moral degradation as long as it's committed in "love"

It's a strategy. Get into all aspects of society and insert your own agenda. Eventually the liberals will drink the watered down wine and grow to enjoy it. It's all part of a concerted effort to "normalize" their Godless lifestyles.

They don't believe God's Word, so they have no fear of the consequences.

They're sitting in dark places hatching evil plots over bowls of mixed wine.

Eze 8:7  And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.
Eze 8:8  Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.
Eze 8:9  And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.
Eze 8:10  So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, portrayed upon the wall round about.
Eze 8:11  And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.
Eze 8:12  Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.
Eze 8:13  He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
Eze 8:14  Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
Eze 8:15  Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
Eze 8:16  And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshiped the sun toward the east.

This is a very real likeness of what is going on in many so called churches today. With all due respect, I still say they do not have a clue. For if they had they would not crucify the Lord of glory all over again.

asaph

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 03:43:16 AM »

So they hate men so much they have to make God a female?   Jesus was a man, a fact that can't be changed.  Can't they love Jesus as a man?  

Oddly enough, I always thought of the Holy Spirit as having feminine attritbutes.  And then God created them, man and woman, in his own image, the trinity still makes sense to me.  

Actually He created "man" in His own image. Eve was created from one of Adam's ribs.
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I think that when God created them he created them both in His image. You will notice that in Christ there is neither male nor female. The "image of God" has nothing to do with the sex of the individual. "Man" includes both male and female.
The issue here is that they are trying to make Christ female. This is a feeble attempt to divide men and women as if they are two different races. Nonsense!  They are also attempting to blurr the uniqueness of males and females and their God given roles in this life.

That's how I see it anyway.

asaph

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 03:58:19 AM »

...Is being merciful and loving exclusivly feminin? Or is God part woman in some people's minds?

No, being merciful and loving is not exclusively feminine.  Yes, God is part woman (or all woman) in some people's minds.

However, they are wrong.  People who view God as feminine are mixed up.  They have a misguided concept of their identity.  They have affection and toughness all mixed up, but the word of God can transform anyone's thinking.  One beauty of the Bible is that there are about 100 verses that tell us who we really are.  Also, there are as many or more that tell us who God is!

Based on the word of God which says there are a few(understatement) mysteries, and based on the fact that God never explained Himself as a woman, we should accept HIM.  (Further, it is a historical fact that Jesus is a man!)  Thirdly, the Bible refers to the Holy Spirit as a "he."  Finally, the word says we must trust Him, not make up fairy tales for every mystery before us.

Thanks for "listening."  I really appreciate this forum!  May God bless each and everyone of you with HIS love and tender mercy!  

selahjoys*
Bronzesnake
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005, 10:59:26 AM »

...Is being merciful and loving exclusivly feminin? Or is God part woman in some people's minds?

No, being merciful and loving is not exclusively feminine.  Yes, God is part woman (or all woman) in some people's minds.

However, they are wrong.  People who view God as feminine are mixed up.  They have a misguided concept of their identity.  They have affection and toughness all mixed up, but the word of God can transform anyone's thinking.  One beauty of the Bible is that there are about 100 verses that tell us who we really are.  Also, there are as many or more that tell us who God is!

Based on the word of God which says there are a few(understatement) mysteries, and based on the fact that God never explained Himself as a woman, we should accept HIM.  (Further, it is a historical fact that Jesus is a man!)  Thirdly, the Bible refers to the Holy Spirit as a "he."  Finally, the word says we must trust Him, not make up fairy tales for every mystery before us.

Thanks for "listening."  I really appreciate this forum!  May God bless each and everyone of you with HIS love and tender mercy!  

selahjoys*

Thanks for that post selah. Welcome to C.U.! Cheesy
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 02:03:10 PM »

I often wonder what people mean when they say God has feminine attritbutes. Is being merciful and loving exclusivly feminin? Or is God part woman in some people's minds?

I don't know about in their minds, but........

Maybe the attribute part has to do with being.......

patient
long-suffering
gentle

Just look at how long our wives have had to put up with us, and that'll give you a little clue!!  Lips Sealed

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 02:31:43 PM »

Just look at how long our wives have had to put up with us, and that'll give you a little clue!!

I thought it was the other way around.  Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2005, 05:03:17 PM »

I think the contrivance of a female god has been around a very, very long time.  We are just seeing "fruit" from a corrupt tree in another form.

Actually the concept of a feminine god, stems from the heathen and pagan nations from almost the beginning of time, as we can trace the roots of such goddesses such as Diana far back into history - BC.

satan's greatest motive is defiling God in any way that He can,  and making Him feminine sort of "fits" his agenda.

God obviously refers to Himself as masculine throughout the Bible, so I think we are best to stick to that, with unequalled dillegence.

I think the modern goddess movement and wicca have done a lot to build up this fallacy of a feminine god and for some reason, I have this sneaking suspicion that it's a take off of kabbalah in [Jewish mysticism].  Although most Jews do not embrace it, the Chassidic or Chabad Jews do and it is quite prevalent in their teachings and beliefs.

kabbalah really "came together" back in about 1200 when a "rabbi" had a vision of an angel who gave him this new "revelation" [satan masquerading as an angel of light - seems to be a lot of it going around Smiley]. kabbalah's root/origin is probably in babylon and some of the returning Jews that were there in captivity brought it back with them to Israel.

Anyway, to be brief, cause you can just punch in kab on the net and find a 1000+ resources, I just want to reiterate something basic about it.  kab teaches that the Holy Spirit is feminine.  This is due to the rendering in Hebrew - Ruach Ha Kodesh which is considered a feminine noun.  

English does not have feminine, masculine or neuter nouns, but most foreign languages do.  This does not mean that the object is either male or female, it is a *grammatical* concept.  But in the interest of "greater revelation", we have  a religion [kabbalah] that calls the Spirit of God a female.  This sort of makes one gag when thinking about the Spirit of the Most High God overshadowing Mary  Lips Sealed

kabbalah has infiltrated most religions.  From my research over the last couple of years, I see it permeating all facets of religion, even Christianity [Bible codes/gematria for one].  That there is now a version of the Bible that makes God a she, is really no big surprise.  The NIV came out with a version the last two years that is gender inclusive.

see:
http://www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org/site/articles/nivi.asp

It's time for Christians to wake up and smell the "reality" coffee - seducing spirits abound - HELLO?Huh??  Cool

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
Bronzesnake
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 01:03:40 PM »

It's really silly when we consider the argument is, at times, based on an "I win because God is male and so am I" or "No, I win because God is female and so am I"

satan loves this kind of school yard arguing. he wins twice; once because we are arguing with each other, and second because he causes confusion as to God's masculinity.

The Bible is very clear - God is male, or masculine period. No one wins or loses depending on what sex we happen to be.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 01:30:15 PM »

Amen Bronzy! I don't think god comdemns people to hell because they used the incorrect pronoun to discribe him (if there really is an incorrect pronoun for God in the first place, that is). It is silly.

SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 04:12:44 PM »

Thanks for that post selah. Welcome to C.U.! Cheesy

Bronzesnake,  Thank you for welcoming me.  I look forward to more dialogue.  I have many questions, thoughts, prayers, and hopes for the body of Christ to grow as Jesus told us to.  ChristiansUnite looks like a wonderful blessing.  Together, everyone sharing here can help make it a blessing to our Lord.  That is my hope.  (I have to figure out how to insert praying hands here.  In leui of that, I'll put  Smiley)

So, I'll be going from this post and hopefully have time to get over to another topic area so I can post some of those questions and thoughts!  So happy to be here!  Cheesy

selahjoy*
SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 04:39:35 PM »

...I don't think god comdemns people to hell because they used the incorrect pronoun to discribe him...

Tibby,  He might.  The reason I think that is because I believe that at one time, I might have been one of those condemned to hell.  You see, there was a time in my life when I began believing your perspective.  I was in rebellion and anger and stuff like that.

That led me to wonder if God was not a person at all.  Eventually, I worshipped myths and created things.  I got into eastern and native animism.  Praise God He got me out!!!

Now, I believe that Christians must keep to the word of God even if it leaves us wondering lots of questions, like is the Holy Spirit female or not, like is it okay to call God a "she."  I wonder stuff like this too, but why don't we adhere closely to the word of God and put these questions on our list of those we will bring before the Lord when we get to Heaven?

One cool thing that would be accomplished by this is that we would submit to God's idea that we are His children, not knowing all the answers, not adding to the scriptures in our need to have all the answers.

I'm not saying that you are doing that.  What I'm saying is that I did.  Over time, God taught me His lesson about the importance of His name.   I believe He did that through the Holy Spirit, His word, and a personal testimony about my own name and what I used to be called.

So His lesson is super-important to me that Christians submit to HIS Lordship.  If He wanted us to call Him a "she," He would have presented Himself with that pronoun.

Having said all that, I also want to note that I believe God looks upon the heart.  So God looks at the heart of each person who is sinning, no matter what the sin is, and He decides if they are condemned to hell or not based on what is going on in their heart.

Do you agree?  If I'm off-base, this is my chance to get set strait, so thanks for writing back.  And Tibby, it's great to "meet" you!  Cheesy

selahjoy*
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2005, 05:02:15 PM »

...I don't think god comdemns people to hell because they used the incorrect pronoun to discribe him...

Tibby,  He might.  The reason I think that is because I believe that at one time, I might have been one of those condemned to hell.  You see, there was a time in my life when I began believing your perspective.  I was in rebellion and anger and stuff like that.

First off, I think you are confused as to what gets us sent to Hell. It is not sin that puts us in Hell; it is not accepting Jesus as your Lord.

That led me to wonder if God was not a person at all.  Eventually, I worshipped myths and created things.  I got into eastern and native animism.  Praise God He got me out!!!

I'm sorry to hear that! Glad to see you are back, though.

Now, I believe that Christians must keep to the word of God even if it leaves us wondering lots of questions, like is the Holy Spirit female or not, like is it okay to call God a "she."  I wonder stuff like this too, but why don't we adhere closely to the word of God and put these questions on our list of those we will bring before the Lord when we get to Heaven?

It is not a question in my mind, Jesus was male, and God is God the Father, and only a male can be a father. Either way, I believe that someone can believe Jesus is a women as still get into Heaven. They many be a bit disapointed to discover the truth, but I think all of us will be surprised by some of the truth we missed on Earth. Contrary to what some of the cockier members (no names) think, no one here has a prefect doctrine on every issue.

One cool thing that would be accomplished by this is that we would submit to God's idea that we are His children, not knowing all the answers, not adding to the scriptures in our need to have all the answers.

Amen. It is called Faith.

I'm not saying that you are doing that.  What I'm saying is that I did.  Over time, God taught me His lesson about the importance of His name.   I believe He did that through the Holy Spirit, His word, and a personal testimony about my own name and what I used to be called.

So His lesson is super-important to me that Christians submit to HIS Lordship.  If He wanted us to call Him a "she," He would have presented Himself with that pronoun.

That is my point, many languages use "he" as a generic pronoun, interchangable with "it." While the bible gives clear evedance that Jesus and God the Father are males, we have no further proof then the pronouns used to find out what the Holy Spirit is.

Having said all that, I also want to note that I believe God looks upon the heart.  So God looks at the heart of each person who is sinning, no matter what the sin is, and He decides if they are condemned to hell or not based on what is going on in their heart.

Yes, as I said above. If you have Jesus in your heart, then Heaven is where you will go, all sin aside, no question about it.

Do you agree?  If I'm off-base, this is my chance to get set strait, so thanks for writing back.

Done and done.

And Tibby, it's great to "meet" you!  Cheesy

Ditto Grin

SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2005, 05:22:20 PM »

Tibby,  He might.  I was in rebellion and anger and stuff like that.

First off, I think you are confused as to what gets us sent to Hell. It is not sin that puts us in Hell; it is not accepting Jesus as your Lord.

Good point.

selahjoy*
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 05:28:37 PM »

Thank you Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the