Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Ark of the Covenant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ark of the Covenant  (Read 12013 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2005, 10:53:20 AM »

This is interesting:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44495
Regardless of this story, what do YOU think the impact of finding the Ark of the Covenant might be?

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 02:27:53 PM »

Depends who what they find. Wouldn't it be interesting to find a non-decayed golden box with everything inside, and every one who touches it gets deathly ill? The would HAVE to accept that part of the bible as true!

Actually, they would no doubt blame it on some kind of endospore. Roll Eyes Fine, don't beleive the bible, see if God heals your "mysterous illness" Tongue

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:51:58 AM »

From a Christian point of view, the ark has been reduced to an interesting relic.  The Spirit lives in each of us, as opposed to the ark.  So there will be no “divine power” found.  But the political implications – I would think the Jews would want to rebuild the temple to allow a resting place for the uncovered treasure.  
It’s a big story - there have been novels written on the subject.  If the ark is found, things will get pretty interesting.  Right off the bat, the media will do everything they can to discredit it as a non-story:  “It is, after all, just a ‘religious thing’ and one little relic from the Bible certainly wouldn’t make the whole book true…”  
I hope its found, if for no other reason, to watch the liberal spin and catch agnostic reaction.  It would also be pretty cool if Noah’s Ark was found.  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:11:15 AM »

This is interesting:
Regardless of this story, what do YOU think the impact of finding the Ark of the Covenant might be?

Didn't read the article yet.  The Ethiopian Christians claim they have the Ark of the Covenant and it's being, and has been guarded 24/7.

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:40:48 PM »

This is interesting:

Good question!  The answer is, I don't know  Cheesy

Its not hard to imagine what the Jews will take it to mean!    Wink

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 01:25:13 PM »

The Ethiopian Christians claim they have the Ark of the Covenant and it's being, and has been guarded 24/7.

I wouldn't put much stock in what the Ethiopian church has to say. They claim they have the only correct version of the Bible, and they consort with Rastafarians a lot, and hold a lot of the same views.

I don't know, Judgenot, I don't see how having the power in us reduses it in the ark in any way. God does not have a limited amount of power to spead, I doubt he would have any problem keeping the power in the ark, while still giving us all the power we need.

The boys Creation evidence museum claim to have found the Ark from Satellite images. Soime say it is a hoax, but who knows.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 03:59:40 PM »

I think this is one "mystery" that's been solved  Grin

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
actsacts

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 02:10:18 PM »

This post was deleted due to personal attacks.
These claims may or may not be true, however, the person is not here to defend himself, and this type of attack could lead to legal issues.

Since when has the reporting of first hand, eye-witness facts become illegal. It is the passing on of second hand facts that constitute slander.

I know the location where he is digging. I helped map the area with a theodilite ( a laser used in surveying).

Vendyl Jones, doesn't hide his 33rd degree Masonic involvement. Ask his website moderator!!

Vendyl Jones doesn't dispute the fact that he uses occult divination to locate hidden buried objects. I have heard his personal explanation as to why he believes this. Ask his webmaster!!

Everyone else on this forum is invovled in speculation. It is rank hypocrisy that permits YOU to suggest he may be a Satanist and yet deny me to supply this forum with facts which can be easily validated.

I know Vendyl Jones and have had close personal involvment.  Huh
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:47:51 AM by actsacts » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 03:40:17 PM »

Irregardless of Jones character or religious beliefs, it is possible that he may be on to something here. The ark is supposed to be recovered in the end times and it will be whether it is Jew, Christian or a Satanists that does so.

Jones has now claimed that he will be revealing the location of the ark on August 14, 2005.

Also take note of where he claims it is located.

Dr. Vendyl Jones’ painstaking detective work pinpoints the long lost ark as being "hidden in a secret passage that runs 18 miles south of the Temple Mount into the Judean desert."

The late Ron Wyatt also claimed to have seen the Ark of the Covenant in a cave whose passageway led from the Temple Mount .

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 07:45:58 PM »

Following post made by tabitha was deleted by mistake, I am very sorry tabitha.

Re:The Ark of the Covenant
« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:22:37pm »    Reply with quote Modify message Remove message Split Topic
Quote from: JudgeNot on May 29, 2005, 10:53:20 AM
This is interesting:

Finding the Ark would give a bit more hardcore proof to what we've been saying all along and could bring more people to  question the truth regarding the whole 'religious beliefs are relative and equally valid' mindframe. And going alone with what Pastor Roger said, it should be a clue to we Christians to get ready because the world is about to come to a messy end. Besides, seeing any object that is personally designed by God is fairly spiffy.
   Report to moderator   69.34.176.118
There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."
C. S. Lewis

« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:47:05 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 12:02:33 AM »

Why did the Jews build the first temple? To give a permanent house for the ark. What is in the ark? The ten commandments (the law). Grace and the law are opposed to each other. Both can not exist at the same time. If the ark is found the law will soon be coming back into effect as soon as the age of grace ends with the Rapture of the church.

If the ark is found the temple will be rebuilt. The finding of the ark could be the cause for rebuilding of the temple. The temple was the house of the ark!

When the time is right in God's eyes, the temple will be rebuilt.  The age of Grace is coming to an end and the law will be back in effect for the 70th week of Daniel just as The Law was in effect during the first 69 weeks of Daniel.

The newly elected Sanhedrin in Israel is taking bids for rebuilding the temple. I'm not a date setter but I can read the writing on the wall...

I wonder if Vendyl Jones is stupid enough to repeat the mistake made by Geraldo Rivera with Al Capones vault, or could Vendyl have already made the discovery and now he's planning on the dramatic revealing to the world.

We'll know in 2 weeks, on August 14th.

If the ark is found, the False Prophet and Antichrist won't be far behind. If the ark is to be discovered the Rapture of the church may be closer than you think.

All of mans little plans would be altered if the Ark was discovered. We can kiss the middle east peace process goodbye until Antichrist comes on the scene if the Ark is discovered. Its almost to perfect or is it the perfect plan of God?

The ark will be discovered when God allows it to be discovered and not until God allows it.

I have a question... Could a true Christian touch the ark and live? Consider that a true Christian is considered justified by faith in Christ and righteous by the blood of Christ. The penalty of the law was paid by Christ on the cross. This is just a question I have pondered.

Then again, It is written, thou shall not put the Lord, thy God to the test.
                                                         Paul2 Cool

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 12:48:20 AM »

Hi, Paul2. Its great to see you again.

I am not sure if Dr Jones has confirmed the location yet. He is going on information based on a copper scroll found in Qumran. With the use of this scroll he has already located numerous other artifacts pertinent to worship in the temple. One of these items is 900 lbs of a special incense. Enough for at least one years worth. The other find was the Holy Anointing Oil.

August 14th is the day to watch.

actsacts

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 08:52:32 AM »

Irregardless of Jones character or religious beliefs, it is possible that he may be on to something here. The ark is supposed to be recovered in the end times and it will be whether it is Jew, Christian or a Satanists that does so.

Jones has now claimed that he will be revealing the location of the ark on August 14, 2005.

Dr. Vendyl Jones’ painstaking detective work pinpoints the long lost ark as being "hidden in a secret passage that runs 18 miles south of the Temple Mount into the Judean desert."

The late Ron Wyatt also claimed to have seen the Ark of the Covenant in a cave whose passageway led from the Temple Mount .

actsacts

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 09:01:08 AM »

I know where the location is! I helped him survey the area. It is at the entrance (or just inside) to the Cave of Columns about 3/4 of a mile from the Qumran tourist center at the site of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scroll. The Essene ruins. It is about halfway between the Copper Scroll cave and the Qumran visitors center. You cna't miss it. It can be seen twenty miles away as an ugly scar of debris flowing out of the Dead Sea escarpment.

I have been to the entrace to the cavern system in Zedikiah's cavern under the Temple Mount. The hidden entrance is located on a waist-high shelf in the "Masonic Hall" which is the lowest chamber of Zedikiah's cavern. This is where the Masons hold their deepest initiation rites. Interestingly enough it is the closest one can get to the former location of the Holy of Holies and still remain in total darkness.

Vendyl Jones is no Christian and he certainly shouldn't be encouraged.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 10:10:55 AM »

I know where the location is! I helped him survey the area. It is at the entrance (or just inside) to the Cave of Columns about 3/4 of a mile from the Qumran tourist center at the site of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scroll. The Essene ruins. It is about halfway between the Copper Scroll cave and the Qumran visitors center. You cna't miss it. It can be seen twenty miles away as an ugly scar of debris flowing out of the Dead Sea escarpment.

I have been to the entrace to the cavern system in Zedikiah's cavern under the Temple Mount. The hidden entrance is located on a waist-high shelf in the "Masonic Hall" which is the lowest chamber of Zedikiah's cavern. This is where the Masons hold their deepest initiation rites. Interestingly enough it is the closest one can get to the former location of the Holy of Holies and still remain in total darkness.

Vendyl Jones is no Christian and he certainly shouldn't be encouraged.

Attacking Jones character or religious beliefs is not going to change anything. If it is meant for his group to find it then they will find it. If God doesn't want it found now, then Jones is simply wasting his time.

God has used many people, including non-christians, to bring about his will. All hate and animosity for him should be set aside in this matter and wait to see what God is going to do.

August 14th will reveal that to us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the