Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Men!!!!Why is so hard to get them to the church.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Men!!!!Why is so hard to get them to the church.  (Read 1939 times)
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2005, 09:37:11 AM »

Alright you more experienced people out here......can you answer this one for me.....why is it so hard to get our men in the church and when we do get them in,  they rather sit there than participate.  What I mean is join auxcilaries, get involved, excited?  Is there something I missed?  
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:43:33 PM »

I think it is because men are less social then women. Most women are not happy unless they are doing something, and church gives them a chance to do it. Women like to be around people, talking to people, interacting with people. Men, however, are more laid back, they would rather sleep in then get involved. Men are less socially-centered then women, I think.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »

True.  My husband thinks it is manly not to need anyone.  But, when do things with people from the Church he admits that he enjoyed it. Wink

hugs and prayers,
Betty
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 08:18:54 AM »

Yeah you right they enjoy it and but as far as bible study and other church activities they do not seem to do this with enthusiasm.  Good point Tibby I never thought of that.  what have you found to work in getting them there...some people tell me it is almost like a game........ you have to play with them almost some kind of trickery.
Ralphie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:50:53 PM »

I'm a man.

There was a period of time when I didn't want to go to church.  I used the excuse that I was sleepy until they started calling me "Sleeping Beauty".  Then I told them that I didn't understand the pastor who speaks Spanish so they got an interpreter.

But while I was at home, little by little an urge to pray started building up in me.  I had a stronger and stronger desire to pray for people in Central America.  So I started praying and then I started going to church.  Eventually my desire to go to meetings exceeded that of my wife, and now it's the other way around: I find myself tugging my wife along and sometimes going without her.

The only explanation that I have for my change is God's influence perhaps prompted by people praying for me.
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 12:42:21 PM »

I believe most men today are not interested in spiritual matters and many see today’s churches as nothing more than boring religious social clubs with shallow religious entertainment. They would rather be entertained by something they get excited about like Sunday sports on T.V.

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 01:42:46 PM »

Alright you more experienced people out here......can you answer this one for me.....why is it so hard to get our men in the church and when we do get them in,  they rather sit there than participate.  What I mean is join auxcilaries, get involved, excited?  Is there something I missed?  

Character defect!!!  Lots of SELF-centered people out there.

We are commanded to worship HIM.  Granted, we don't have to go to church to do that, but we are commanded not to forsake the assembling together, either.

Because of the fall, people want to control their own lives.  They don't want to surrender to God.

OK, that's my contribution. Tongue

Grace and peace,
cris

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 03:33:44 PM »

some people tell me it is almost like a game........ you have to play with them almost some kind of trickery.

Are these people women? Grin Most men really don't like games women play. We've seen all the internet forwards that go something like this:

When a man says I'm fine, he means "I'm fine"
When a woman says I'm fine, she means "I'm upset, and if you don't know what is bothering me, shame on you, because you should be able to read my mind"

They are meant as a joke, but it is true. Woman play games. I think if you tried to play a game to get him, it might draw him away from church (or whatever you are playign the game about). It personally drives me nuts when a females tells me "I'm fine" and it is clear she isn't. I learn to deal with it, because that is how women are, but I would personally suggest against playing a game with him. Be upfront.

Of course, I'm only 21 and single, what do I know? Grin I'm sure some married men here could give you better advice, but me personally, I would rather a girl sit me down and tell me what she wants, no games, no drama. I would personally respond better, and I think other guys would, too. Or maybe I just misuderstand what you mean by "game" and "trickery." Smiley

Whatever it is, please do not fall into Manipulation as a means to get him to church! Undecided

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 01:06:55 PM »

I am entertained....HEHEHE

K, that being taken care of.......I'm also a man.

I love God, love his body and all that make it up. I love being at church. 4th person there usually second to last to leave. (paster locks up) I'm on the worship team, in a small group, and teach the youth group. Trim the grass around the church when the other guy doesn't have time. Gab at the pastor and members of my group to great legnth.

I love my chruch. I'm passionate about serving God (i'm also getting dangerously close to arrogance)

Men don't get involved cause they are not passionate about it. You get a guy talking bout his interests.....ya can't normally shut him up.......well me anyhow. I am passionate about my church, so that is what I do and talk about. Lack of interest may be a sign of lack of true belief.......How can we not be passionate about serving God........

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 03:43:51 PM »

"Is there something I missed?"
Yes there is! At least you did not mention it.

The devil and His worldy influence to keep us from God!

ollie
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 03:44:36 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 05:00:03 PM »

Sadly, I'd say most don't go 'cause they're not saved. Period.  If they were, there would be a desire, a commitment that was a little more than shallow.

Even some who do go, and do get involved, are doing it only because of the wife, or maybe the kids.

Could be 'cause they aren't getting the real Gospel.

Of course, Schuller, and Warren, and Joel O have lots of guys......just a matter of getting them enthused with the possibility gospel (notice the small g)

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the