Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Rapture, Saved or reward based?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rapture, Saved or reward based?  (Read 2302 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:44:44 PM »

I'm starting a new thread for a topic that come up elsewhere....didn't want to take that thread off topic.

Jesusavedme asks...

Do you think that the Rapture is a saved-based event or a reward-based event?  Certain parables of Jesus and His words to some of the churches in the Book of Revelation make me think that perhaps the Rapture is works-based.  Nothing to do with salvation though.  What do you think?

I would encourage you to study this a bit, as I don't want you to follow my lead, but rather Gods.....but my interpritation of scripture leads me to believe the Rapture is  saved-based!   Here's why I see it that way.

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Is it any coincidence that the early church of Corinth was very carnal, yet God chose them to receive this truth from Paul?   Paul rebukes them for everything from fornication to getting drunk at communion, yet he tells them we will ALL be changed!    If it depended on our own righteousness to be raptured, I have a feeling non of us would be going  Wink

This sort of goes into the faith/works topic a bit.  Listen to what Paul said earlier in the same letter about this.

1Co 3:10  According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1Co 3:11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Heres another...

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Salvation is not a works based concept, but merely evidence we are truly a part of His workmanship and created in Him.   I think this ties into the warning passages concerning the Rapture.   If a person is not producing good works ordained by God and walking in them, is it possible that - that person has true faith in Christ?  Or are they merely counterfit believers, having knowledge of the truth, but denying the power thereof?

This is a good question, but for these reasons, I believe all true believers do produce works on some level, thus the warnings you read about not having good works.   These appear to question the true faith of such believers.  Its more than just saying we believe...

Jam 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jam 2:19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Those who have TRUE faith, will in fact produce good works because God is in fact producing them through the believers real walk of faith.

Try reading the same parables and verses in Revelations you were thinking of [with this in mind] and see if they make better sense now.   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 12:44:33 AM »

Amen brother: We are not saved by good works, but we should be carefull to maintain them...

Tit 1:16  They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Tit 3:8  [This is] a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Tit 3:14  And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 12:49:46 AM by AJ » Logged
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 01:00:43 AM »

Amen AJ!   No question the importance of taking inventory in our lives and allow God to reveal whether our works be of Him, or of us.   Too often I find things that are not there, as I am sure we all do.   God help us to remain humble enough that He can direct us and lead us into good works and produce fruit for His kingdom!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »

2ndT said:
Its more than just saying we believe...
When a person really, really, really believes - it can be nothing other than "more"...  

Have you ever noticed how Christians glow?  Smiley

Just as a cat purrs - a Christian works...  (I made that up all by myself! Wink)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 04:15:24 AM »

I haven't done much of a study into it but I feel it would be reward based.

Might look into later and add more...
Reba
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 09:19:11 AM »

2ndT said:
Its more than just saying we believe...
When a person really, really, really believes - it can be nothing other than "more"...  

Have you ever noticed how Christians glow?  Smiley

Just as a cat purrs - a Christian works...  (I made that up all by myself! Wink)

Our cat scratches and claws ........ hmmmmm.... Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the