Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the Son.. Jesus the Christ, the father?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the Son.. Jesus the Christ, the father?  (Read 9605 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 10:07:44 PM »

Honestly, I don't have the least bit of trouble with it. I think we can tend to over complicate the Trinity. I'm in no way saying we can even come a billion x a kazillion miles away from understanding God - but the Trinity is really a very simple reality. The three are one. Each aspect of God has very specific tasks (if you will) which are perfectly performed and completed through each incarnation, and ultimately by the whole.

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 10:59:32 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Most of you know that I don't believe in coincidence. Something amazing just jumped off the page and hit me between the eyes, and I have to share it. For my part, I simply want to say that the language of man is insufficient to describe the absolute Grace, Love, Mercy, Might, and Majesty of God - our Lord and Saviour.

In reading the following message, I couldn't help but reflect on how wonderful it is to pray and know that God wants to hear our prayers. Over 2,000 years ago, mankind needed a Levitical priest to intercede and pray for them. Part of the Good News is that we can pray any time we wish. This is a reminder about what reverence we should have when we pray. It's also a reminder to give thanks that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords has allowed us to come into His presence, walk with Him, talk with Him, and have the Holy Spirit living in our hearts. We probably wouldn't be able to get an audience or an appointment with the Governor of our State, but our LORD and KING will allow us to approach HIS Throne of Grace and Mercy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please notice the date and you will see why I felt this was no coincidence and had to share it.

May 2

THE FIRST LESSON

"When ye pray, say 'Father'."-- Luk_11:2.

HEAVEN IS "the Father's House." It is our Home. We are strangers and sojourners here, and on our way home. What fascination is in the word! Home will draw the sailor, soldier, explorer, prodigal from the ends of the earth. God has given to most of us the dear memory of what Home is, that we may guess at what awaits us and be smitten with home-sickness. "Blessed are the home-sick, for they shall reach home!"

But the charm of Heaven will be the manifested presence of our Father. All doubts and misunderstandings will be dissipated. We shall know and see, as we are seen and known. In the closing verses of Jude we are told that we shall be set before the presence of His glory, without blemish and in exceeding joy. It is as though our Saviour will introduce us to the manifested presence of the Father.

But we need not wait till then. If we know our Lord, we know the Father. It troubled Christ that His disciples had been so long with Him in familiar intercourse and yet had not realized that the beauty and holiness which shone from His nature were beams of the Father's character. To have Jesus is to have the Father. To know Jesus is to know the Father. To pray to Him is to pray to God, for He is God manifest in the flesh. He is not simply an incarnation of God, in the sense of the old Greek mythology, adopting a cloak or disguise which was afterwards cast off. God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself.

There must be reverence in our prayer. God is in heaven and we upon the earth. We must not rush unceremoniously into His presence, as though it were a common and too-familiar room, where ceremony and respect are laid aside. There should be the constant remembrance that in prayer we stand in the presence-chamber of the great Creator, Preserver, and Ruler of the Universe. We wipe our shoes and remove our hats when we enter the home of our friend; let us not forget our manners in the opening sentences of prayer. Angels veil their faces and cry "Holy!"

But there may be a blessed faith and trust when we pray. The Father of Jesus awaits us. He ascended to His Father and our Father. We pray to One who loves us in His Beloved Son with an everlasting love, and holds out the golden sceptre towards us.

PRAYER

I adore Thee, Heavenly Father! There is no limit to Thy power, or to Thy love. Thou art greatly to be praised! Thou art greatly to be loved! Accept the homage of my soul and life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.

Written by F. B. Meyer

The F. B. Meyer devotions are distributed freely and Internationally in the excellent freeware Bible Study package called e-Sword. You can also subscribe to Day-By-Day By Grace at the above link for Living In Christ Ministries.

You can obtain e-Sword at:
http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html
Author: Rick Meyer
(The goal of Rick Meyer is to freely distribute Bibles to every country on earth in their own language, and that goal gets closer by the day. Thanks to countless Christian individuals and organizations with big hearts, many excellent Bible Study tools are also being freely distributed with e-Sword around the world.)

Bronzesnake
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 11:12:22 PM »

AMEN BEP AMEN!!! Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 11:16:05 PM »

If we know our Lord, we know the Father.

Amen.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 01:15:04 AM »

AMEN BEEPS!!

Your post of,
"When ye pray, say 'Father'."
says it all. Smiley

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Bob

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 01:37:14 AM »

Hey Tom. That is no coincidence at all. You know something? It was exactly that...
that lead me to post my thoughts here.

Sometimes I pray first to Lord Jesus Christ and sometimes it's Father. So I wasnt sure which was right. That's why I found Is the Son...Jesus the Christ, the Father to be interesting as I treat it that way sometimes. This goes back to what was stated earlier. Same person different role (grandpa, dad, son)...different forms same thing (water, ice, gas).

Just to make sure I understand. Is it ok to start out, "Lord Jesus"? Or should it be "Father".

thanks
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 09:47:46 AM »

Hey Tom. That is no coincidence at all. You know something? It was exactly that...
that lead me to post my thoughts here.

Sometimes I pray first to Lord Jesus Christ and sometimes it's Father. So I wasnt sure which was right. That's why I found Is the Son...Jesus the Christ, the Father to be interesting as I treat it that way sometimes. This goes back to what was stated earlier. Same person different role (grandpa, dad, son)...different forms same thing (water, ice, gas).

Just to make sure I understand. Is it ok to start out, "Lord Jesus"? Or should it be "Father".

thanks

Brother Felix,

Prayers from the heart usually involve both. "Father" is a term of reverence and respect. I certainly have that for our LORD. Brother, I would simply say to pray from the heart. The Holy Spirit also helps us when we pray, even when we don't have words to express our real needs. JESUS is The Christ, our Lord and Saviour and is also a term of respect and reverence. In reflection on my own prayers, I usually use several precious names. Brother, please let the Holy Spirit in your heart be your guide for prayer. I personally feel led to end most of my prayers with something like, "We ask these things in the precious name of Jesus."

Brother, it is interesting to note that prayers from the heart also involve God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Prayer is a beautiful and precious subject. Again, I give thanks that our Heavenly Father allows us into His presence with prayer. I am reflecting on being a lowly servant, yet being able to approach the Majestic Throne of HIS Grace, Love, and Mercy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:12-14  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 03:40:48 PM »

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself. And we have the word of reconciliation. Smiley

2Co 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2Co 5:18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Heb 2:17  Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The Lord of Lords and King of Kings is Coming...glory to God.

God Bless Brothers and Sisters

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 03:44:30 PM »

let the Holy Spirit in your heart be your guide for prayer

Hey bro,

That's why I usually start out with "Lord Jesus" so my spirit can start exercising. No one speaking by the Spirit of God can say "Jesus be cursed" and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit (1 cor 12:3).

However, while Jesus was on earth He refered to asking the Father for all things. The Father gives us things and it will be done in the name of the Son Jesus Christ. Yet both are the one God. I am still unsure.

But I will take heart to let the Holy Spirit intercede in prayer on my behalf. I will call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 04:59:07 PM »

I think this says it all:

Mat 6:5  And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Mat 6:9  After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Eph 5:20  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the