Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Taking a Stand?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taking a Stand?  (Read 8788 times)
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2003, 02:36:46 PM »

Never have and I never will keep the sabbath. I rest in Christ 24/7

Thank You Jesus
Wow !   Do you realize you just rejected Jesus by that statement ?

"IF..you love me ..keep my Commandments", (John 14:15). And the 4th commandment is the 7th day Sabbath.

"He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments....is a ?...and the truth is not in him", (1 John 2:4).

Oh Boy  ;D ;D ;D
The only way to have peace with Christ is do what he says.   Christ came to destroy the works of the devil...which is sin in the lives of people. Jesus came to free us from, "Sin shall not have dominion over you", (Romans 6:14).

Christ paid the debt of 'past' sins....so we can live a better life without sin controling us anymore.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2003, 04:30:16 PM »

Below is an excerpt from an article at www.operationsaveamerica.org

Posted July 10, 2003
Abortion foes spark anxiety
8 days of rallies planned at mosques and clinics
CRISTINA C. BREEN
Staff Writer

Members of local Islamic mosques, some churches and abortion-rights organizations are banding together in anticipation of a weeklong visit from hundreds of members of a controversial anti-abortion group that denounces abortion, Islam and homosexuality.

About 300 supporters of Operation Save America will gather in the Charlotte area starting Saturday for eight days of prayer services and rallies in front of abortion clinics, churches, mosques and other city landmarks.

The group's director, the Rev. Philip "Flip" Benham, moved the organization from Dallas to Concord in the past year, and has planned dozens of events from Kannapolis to Charlotte.

They include a demonstration July 18 with nine caskets for each of the nine Supreme Court justices to protest the court's ruling overturning Texas sodomy law.

Benham denounces violence, but his confrontational platform and rhetoric concern enough churches and other groups that they have been meeting with police and forming alliances to plan their responses to this week's events.

Benham dismisses their concerns.

"That's all silliness," he said. "What they're worried about is that the word of God is going to expose the lie that they are under. That's called love."  

The article goes on.  If you have time to read some of the materials at the above site, what do you think?

Do you think what Pastor Benham, and Operationsaveamerica, is doing, is the way to take a stand.

Is this a small but good example of the growing coalition--a community's churches, together with their police--that will be against us??

Picture of Pastor Benham baptising...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 04:45:46 PM by Symphony » Logged
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2003, 05:56:24 PM »

Let's just keep arguing over THE LAW of God verses "Grace" and then we don't have to do anything ( arm chair politics anyone?) What's so interesting, are those who spoke favorable about Judge Moore and The Ten Commandments; yet will condemn those who believe(keep )them. What's wrong with this picture???

Back to the subject at hand. Christian activism does bring change. Our nation had over 2,000 abortion clinics in 1990. There are now less than 800.

Faith without works is dead.

Psalm 119
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2003, 06:45:59 PM »

Let's just keep arguing over THE LAW of God verses "Grace" and then we don't have to do anything ( arm chair politics anyone?) What's so interesting, are those who spoke favorable about Judge Moore and The Ten Commandments; yet will condemn those who believe(keep )them. What's wrong with this picture???

Back to the subject at hand. Christian activism does bring change. Our nation had over 2,000 abortion clinics in 1990. There are now less than 800.

Faith without works is dead.

Psalm 119

Let's just keep arguing over THE LAW of God verses "Grace"

"         "     "         "      "      The Law of God verses THE GOSPEL OF GODS GRACE.

"...to testify the GOSPEL of THE GRACE of God (Acts 20:24) Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
John the Baptist
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2003, 09:26:31 PM »

(removed by accident!)

John here Psalms:
Your rationale is good as 'i' understod it? And about the abortion thing? it is plain out murder as your buddy in Psalms 139:15-16 penned it. The God of the Universe has a Book with full developement written, when  as yet there was none of them.

But be that as it is. And if one feels led to do whatever the Spirit leads (Rom. 8:14) who are we to question it? Yet with that being said, the Catholic denomination is active in the physical activity against this? And death in this life is only the first death. Yet, how many people does one wonder about that will be ETERNALLY lost (see Obad. 16) in the FINAL second death which are seen in Rev. 18:4?? And these ones ARE HIS PAST CONFUSED PEOPLE! But what does it take to have their 'eyes' opened? Cry

With ALL of the OPEN PERVERTED SIN AND FILTH seen in the news & on TV today  by 'Professed beliving' Christians, and then we hear narry a whimp from the 'out of the closet' ones, except calling one's Love Relationship for their Master bondage!!? And then... hang the commandment law in the government buildings??

And who are these ones really against??? The very ones that atempt in every way to lovingly honor their Master in... "If ye LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS." Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9.
Again, it is the LORD OF THE SABBATH that they Hate!

Its no wonder the Word's Word for these Whore & Harlot ones is called Babylon's [confussion!] And it is getting worse! Now some are tempting God with Universal belief stuff! (all will be saved) Try 1 Peter 4:17!

---John

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2003, 10:26:34 PM »

Below is an excerpt from an article at www.operationsaveamerica.org

Posted July 10, 2003
Abortion foes spark anxiety
8 days of rallies planned at mosques and clinics
CRISTINA C. BREEN
Staff Writer

Members of local Islamic mosques, some churches and abortion-rights organizations are banding together in anticipation of a weeklong visit from hundreds of members of a controversial anti-abortion group that denounces abortion, Islam and homosexuality.

About 300 supporters of Operation Save America will gather in the Charlotte area starting Saturday for eight days of prayer services and rallies in front of abortion clinics, churches, mosques and other city landmarks.

The group's director, the Rev. Philip "Flip" Benham, moved the organization from Dallas to Concord in the past year, and has planned dozens of events from Kannapolis to Charlotte.

They include a demonstration July 18 with nine caskets for each of the nine Supreme Court justices to protest the court's ruling overturning Texas sodomy law.

Benham denounces violence, but his confrontational platform and rhetoric concern enough churches and other groups that they have been meeting with police and forming alliances to plan their responses to this week's events.

Benham dismisses their concerns.

"That's all silliness," he said. "What they're worried about is that the word of God is going to expose the lie that they are under. That's called love."  

The article goes on.  If you have time to read some of the materials at the above site, what do you think?

Do you think what Pastor Benham, and Operationsaveamerica, is doing, is the way to take a stand.

Is this a small but good example of the growing coalition--a community's churches, together with their police--that will be against us??

Picture of Pastor Benham baptising...

I think the concerns are good, but I think carrying caskets for the justices is a disrespect to our government, which the Bible is clear about our needing to respect those in authority. Hate what they ddo, yes. Fight for the cause of God, absolutely. But the presentation leaves much to be desired and is unlikely to achieve the desired goal. Somewhat akin to serving a beautifully cooked filet mignon, complete with garnish and all the trimmings, on a garbage can lid.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2003, 11:31:18 PM »

Whitehorse,

Prior to 1988 ,abortion was sky rocketing and God's people were keeping the pews nice and warm. Then a move of God began called Operation Rescue. People from all denominations ( with the exception of the WCC) crossing all cultural and socio economic lines heard the cry of God to first repent, then to take action.( Read Isaiah 1).  Our nation was drowning in blood guiltiness  and still is for the most part.Over the next five years or so there were approximately 600,000 arrests at the clinics( including yours truly). Revival broke out in the jails and in the hearts of Gods people. Babies were saved by the hundreds (or more). Operation Save America picked up where Operation Rescue left off. Yes the "tactics" haven't been 501 (c) 3 ( Church incorporation) approved, but the fruit of these tactics have done the following: Being a prophetic voice to a wicked and sinful generation (see Ezekiel 18, 33) saving children from a horrible death, watching people come to the saving knowlege of Jesus Christ.

Just think if the Church had been the Church it should've been in 1973 there would now be 40 million future taxpayers. These are 40 million souls who will never have the opportunity to pay tribute to Caeser.  Cry

Psalm 119
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 11:37:53 PM by Psalm 119 » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2003, 07:36:44 AM »

There is a chapter in the Master's Word that is both two time prophecy of the ones that 'TAKE A STAND'.

There can be no error even for the 'babes' of Heb. 5 to see!
The chapter tells of 'HIS OWN' professed ones that are ALL to be slaughtered, UNLESS? Only these unless ones were TAKING A STAND! And then it tells that ALL THE OTHERS WERE SLAUGHTERED. And it tells ALL what this TAKING A STAND was about?

"... SIGH AND CRY FOR ALL OF THE ABOMINATIONS THAT BE DONE IN THE MIDST THEREOF". This [IS] God's CHURCH, not the world! Read it in Ezekiel 9. See Rev. 18:4

Just think of what the Word 'Partaker' means? Yoked in membership with OPEN SIN! Supporting this 'stuff' (abortion included) in politics, (party) also robbing God in His tithes & offerings, homosexuals ministers, membership seen OPENLY in sin & in documented print! Drs. & Clergy condoning the OPEN sin of abortion, pluss EVERYTHING else! [AND] these are [US], the MEMBERSHIP that are PARTAKERS, GOD SAID!

And HE told US what is to BE OUR STAND in the above verse.
That is the Lord's COMMANDMENT! It is acted upon because one LOVES HIM! (or do we? Cry)

---John

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2003, 08:08:53 AM »

JTB Said: It is acted upon because one LOVES HIM! (or do we? )

---John
 He first Loved me, and YES I LOve Him.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2003, 09:32:36 AM »

Yep, Whitehorse, Justice Scalia I understand recently on the gay thing had a scathing dissenting opinion; I'm not so sure about all nine caskets.  Maybe eight or seven.  

Maybe if the trash can lid is good and clean?  Grin  

Psalm,  that's what I'm afraid of, "keeping the pews nice and warm(the cushioned kind--arrrgh).  I was just wondering, why did OP. Rescue change its name to OP Save America?  Just wondering if you might know.

It's great for there to be unity and respect of the government.  But what about this "inter-faith" thing, and knowing where to draw the line.  Officially okaying abortion (in 1973)--for what?  For the sake of wholesale immorality.   So that we can be immoral.

I'm thinking we are like the nations that God brought Israel to drive out(child sacrifice)?

So confrontation?  Moses "confronted" Pharoah?  Jesus "confronted" the Pharisees?  Peter and Paul in Acts?

Confrontation?  But again, doing it "discreetly", or "fairly"?

I'm not so sure about the nine caskets.  That might be over the top..   But, on the other hand, Elijah there in I Kings 18 DID mock the worshipers of Baal...

HMmmm.....
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2003, 09:58:42 AM »

I would agree that there should not be nine caskets but rather six. (Maybe they are trying to saying the Supreme Court is dead in a general sense?)

In regards to Operation Rescue....Randall Terry stepped down years ago ( which is a good thing). A man name Keith Tucci took over for a while then Flip Benham.

There are many godly people in OSA...my one complaint is the ecunemical influence. Although the majority are Protestant, there is some Catholic influence. I will call no man "Father". Plus those who are Mary worshipping Catholics will end up in the same place (HELL) as the abortionists. With all that said, should we who know the truth remain silent?

Psalm 119
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2003, 01:19:18 PM »

I would agree that there should not be nine caskets but rather six. (Maybe they are trying to saying the Supreme Court is dead in a general sense?)

In regards to Operation Rescue....Randall Terry stepped down years ago ( which is a good thing). A man name Keith Tucci took over for a while then Flip Benham.

There are many godly people in OSA...my one complaint is the ecunemical influence. Although the majority are Protestant, there is some Catholic influence. I will call no man "Father". Plus those who are Mary worshipping Catholics will end up in the same place (HELL) as the abortionists. With all that said, should we who know the truth remain silent?

Psalm 119

Preach the truth, in season or out of season.

Lk 18
1  And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

You can read the rest of it, if you want, but it seems to me, Christians, who don't stand for the truth of scripture, are the ones, always running around, screaming the end of the world when they come accross, articles like this and blame it on Christians who defend the truth of the Word, rather than parading and out in the streets campaigning for this or that.

The answer is pray and watch,  

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

We are called to be the salt of the earth, unfortunately, the church today, has become a baby sitting institution, caring for the weak brethern, who are not intresrested in getting into the meat and potatoes of scripture, but keep allowing themselves to swept;  to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

If every professing Christian, witnessed to just person a week, begining first by living it, perhaps it might be a little different, but I doubt it, since the heathen are to wax bolder at the end of the age.

So watch and pray...

God Bless,

Petro

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2003, 03:09:03 PM »

Petro,

I'm not quite sure what your are trying to say....Christians should not be involved in street activism? Just stay in Bible studies and have "meaty topics" or what.

I can personally attest that babies are alive today and lives were saved from the wrath to come(including my husband) to those who took the gospel of Jesus to the streets.

Many Christians have gotten their news from CNN, and not those who have been personally involved.

On a further note ,hundreds of Christians may descend on Birmingham, Alabama to see the Ten Commandments stay in the rotunda of the Alabama Supreme Court. Should they stay home and let a few ungodly judges wipe out every semblance of Christianity from our nation?

Psalm 119
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2003, 07:40:42 PM »

Petro,

I'm not quite sure what your are trying to say....Christians should not be involved in street activism? Just stay in Bible studies and have "meaty topics" or what.

I can personally attest that babies are alive today and lives were saved from the wrath to come(including my husband) to those who took the gospel of Jesus to the streets.

Many Christians have gotten their news from CNN, and not those who have been personally involved.

On a further note ,hundreds of Christians may descend on Birmingham, Alabama to see the Ten Commandments stay in the rotunda of the Alabama Supreme Court. Should they stay home and let a few ungodly judges wipe out every semblance of Christianity from our nation?

Psalm 119

Psalm 119,

Good for you and your husband, I commend you.

We Christians are called to do good, as a testimony of our faith, whether it be teaching the Bible, and meaty subjects;  as   we all have  different gifts, just because some Christians, do not attend rallies, or walkathons, or whatever else catches somes fancies, doesn't mean they are not concerned about issues, or are not praying for God's will in the matter.

Pro abortion, Presidents, Congressman, and Senators don't just get elected, because all prophessing Christians don't vote for them, but because prophessing Christians not only support
them, but vote for them,  some proud Roman Catholic recently had p[osted there are somewhere up of 69 million Catholics oin the nation, the Majority of Catholics are Democrats in this country, and lots of them are liberal democrats, they in the state of Massqachusetts, have elected and, re elected and ungodly senator, year after year,

I ask, what good is it to vote for such men, to represent the citizenry, while campaingning thru rally's and such contrary to what they stand for?

The Christian life should Honor God in All things, this includes in electing officials that have morals views as similar to the Bible teachings as possible.

We are to use our gifts, in promoting the things of God, and edification of the church, caring one for another.

We are paying now for mistakes of the past, generations, who elected people unfit to sit as elected officials in the halls of congress, appointing Liberal Humanistioc Judges .

So, I wouldn't be to quick to judge them, that do not answer the call, to come to the rallys, you have and interest in,   and that is good a good work, there are other things, others are doing, with little support also, but thank God, who does not forget yours and theirs labor of Love.

Blesings,
Petro

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2003, 08:10:47 PM »

Petro,

I completely agree with the political dilemma, that Christians and Catholics continue to vote for the ungodly. When I have to choose between the "lesser of two evils" , I simply do not vote for either. And actually, we are nearly a one party system , a.k.a. republicrats. But we that know the Lord have ourselves to blame for our complacency. We have abdicated our role in government. We could learn a thing or two from Israel.....Oh no the dreaded word theocracy.

Petro, the only difference between the sheep and the goats is what they did and did not do. James 2:22 states " Do you see that faith was working together with his (Abraham)works, and by works faith was made perfect?

Not everyone is "called" to do street activism. Nor everyone called to be a missionary. But we are all called to do something.

The driving force for groups like OSA is that they understand the concept of "bloodgultiness" and what happens to nations, and  individuals that are guilty. (I encourage you to do a personal study on bloodgultiness) Ezekiel 22 is a good chapter.

I guess my concern is that for so many years American Christians have become so fat and lazy (I include myself here). We have tunnel vision....can't see beyond our churches, denominations, etc. Our world has become so very small.

This was one of the verses that caused me to rethink my non involvement with abortion: "Deliver those who are drawn to death, and hold back those stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, "Surely we did not not this, does not He who weighs the heart consider it?He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds? Prov.24:11-12

The early Christians in Rome would save discarded babies (which was legal; yet illegal to save them), abolitionists saved slaves, Amy Carmichael saved young girls that were being used as temple prostitutes, the ten Booms saved Jews etc.

I know I have been lenghty, but the point is that we are all called to some type of "activisim" for the kingdom of God.

Psalm 119
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the