Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT IS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT IS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?  (Read 13183 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2005, 10:18:21 PM »

"Strategic Air Command" on "American Movie Classics" cable channel this AM. A great movie for viewing vintage 1950's air force aircraft and bases. Beautiful pictures of the B-36, B-47, Globemaster cargo carrier, and the KC-97 mid air refuel tanker.
 Some great shots of these planes in everday movements of SACs practice missions back then.

If you like airplanes you will like this. The story is a typical Hollywood stock in file drama.

ollie

I think I remember that movie from eons ago.  Did it star June Alison and Jimmy Stewart?

Grace and peace,
cris

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2005, 09:44:41 AM »

"Strategic Air Command" on "American Movie Classics" cable channel this AM. A great movie for viewing vintage 1950's air force aircraft and bases. Beautiful pictures of the B-36, B-47, Globemaster cargo carrier, and the KC-97 mid air refuel tanker.
 Some great shots of these planes in everday movements of SACs practice missions back then.

If you like airplanes you will like this. The story is a typical Hollywood stock in file drama.

ollie

I think I remember that movie from eons ago.  Did it star June Alison and Jimmy Stewart?

Grace and peace,
cris

Yes, I think it was made in the early to mid-fifties. It is a great movie for vintage airplane watching.

ollie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 09:45:25 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2005, 09:49:33 AM »

I promised I would let you know about Home Alone 3, and I forgot.

I had 10 paragraphs of information about the review, but I think that Tibby swiped it.  Grin

I give Home Alone 3 just a 2 1/2 out of 5. There were a few laughs, but I didn't think it was nearly as funny as Home Alone 1 and 2.

Just for the record, I gave Home Alone 1 a 4 and Home Alone 2 a 3 on the laugh meter. Keep in mind that I give 5's to several of the 3 Stooges Episodes.  Grin  It almost needs a good pie fight to get a 5.

If I'm in an intellectual mood, I watch The Little Rascals or Laurel and Hardy.  Grin
Try some Charlie Chaplin. They are great and always a message about the little guy caught up in the schemes of the few in control.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 10:45:21 PM »

I just watched Bicentennial Man on DVD Grin

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 06:37:25 PM »

Luther

Yup. Docudrama on THE Martin Luther.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2005, 01:49:55 AM »

I promised I would let you know about Home Alone 3, and I forgot.

I had 10 paragraphs of information about the review, but I think that Tibby swiped it.  Grin

I give Home Alone 3 just a 2 1/2 out of 5. There were a few laughs, but I didn't think it was nearly as funny as Home Alone 1 and 2.

Just for the record, I gave Home Alone 1 a 4 and Home Alone 2 a 3 on the laugh meter. Keep in mind that I give 5's to several of the 3 Stooges Episodes.  Grin  It almost needs a good pie fight to get a 5.

If I'm in an intellectual mood, I watch The Little Rascals or Laurel and Hardy.  Grin
Try some Charlie Chaplin. They are great and always a message about the little guy caught up in the schemes of the few in control.

ollie
Ollie, I would rather watch, The Three Stooges.  Which come on in the morning at 6:00 am here. So for those of you on the east coast, that would be, about 8:00 am. Grin Have any of you seen there new movie? Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2005, 02:37:29 AM »

Dreamweaver Said:

Ollie, I would rather watch, The Three Stooges.  Which come on in the morning at 6:00 am here. So for those of you on the east coast, that would be, about 8:00 am.  Have any of you seen there new movie?

Brother, I can't remember the last full-length movie I watched. Are you saying there is a new Three Stooges movie? If so, I just might have to watch it. I mainly watch 30 minutes to an hour at a time. YES! - I still watch cartoons. Maybe I'm in my second childhood.  Grin  BUT, they have to be the old cartoons like Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck, Road Runner, etc. How about the good old days?

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2005, 02:45:57 AM »

Last full length movie I watched would have to be Batman Begins. i'm a big fan of the batman series for some reason. So I took a weekend off and stayed in my dorm, relaxed and watched it on the campus television here on campus. It was rather interesting...Smiley

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2005, 09:40:51 AM »

Brother Tom,

Once you watch that Three Stooges movie you might want to watch the following two.

and if you like those you will probably like this one, too.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:35:52 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2005, 11:23:50 AM »

your T3 Stooges are a little on the big size brother. It will work though as a wallpaper, for my computer. I am heading off later today to see, Herbie, Fully Loaded. From what I understand, it is a good movie, for the family.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2005, 09:26:48 PM »

your T3 Stooges are a little on the big size brother. It will work though as a wallpaper, for my computer. I am heading off later today to see, Herbie, Fully Loaded. From what I understand, it is a good movie, for the family.
Herbie, Fully Loaded y'all should see. It is a family movie, and worth seeing. Course I am a little bigited cause it does have some NASCAR stars. Grin   I would sit down with Jesus, and watch this movie.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2005, 10:37:53 PM »

There ya go. I got it fixed now to a better size.

I gotta watch those pixel sizes instead of the inch sizes.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2005, 11:43:28 PM »

I can't remember how long ago it was, but I remember reading in the Christians Unite news that Hollywood learned there was a fairly big market for clean movies appropriate for Christian families. I wish they would investigate and find out that the same is true for television. I honestly believe that their ratings would improve with clean programs, but this appears to be a mystery so far.

I was just thinking about a trend, and I really don't know how many years are involved. There was a time that regular television programs were clean and someone had to buy pay television for the dirty stuff not fit for family viewing. Now, the opposite is becoming true.

As far as I'm concerned, the best comedies, movies, and other programs of all time were completely clean. HOWEVER, FOR WHATEVER REASON, I really don't think that Hollywood wants to do clean programs these days.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 13:5-6 NASB  Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2005, 11:52:31 PM »

I can't remember how long ago it was, but I remember reading in the Christians Unite news that Hollywood learned there was a fairly big market for clean movies appropriate for Christian families. I wish they would investigate and find out that the same is true for television. I honestly believe that their ratings would improve with clean programs, but this appears to be a mystery so far.

I was just thinking about a trend, and I really don't know how many years are involved. There was a time that regular television programs were clean and someone had to buy pay television for the dirty stuff not fit for family viewing. Now, the opposite is becoming true.

As far as I'm concerned, the best comedies, movies, and other programs of all time were completely clean. HOWEVER, FOR WHATEVER REASON, I really don't think that Hollywood wants to do clean programs these days.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 13:5-6 NASB  Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"

I agree. I have had to turn my TV off this last couple of weeks except for the weather and news. It has been full of sick movies because the scheduling has been concentrated on "Halloween" type movies  ......  vampires, devils, evil spirits, etc.  Even the History Channel has gone to showing movies of this sort.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2005, 01:13:03 AM »

I know my TV is set right now, on the Speed channel. The only time, I change the channel is for the weather and news. Course the Speed channel carries racing. Which has the IROC race from this morning on now. Grin

Good clean movies, are rarity today, and becoming scarce. Bollywood, seems to want filth, with is garbage. When I want to see a movie. I want to take Christ with me, not satan.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the