Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  help... please...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: help... please...  (Read 2714 times)
Orion

Life is a terminal illness.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2005, 01:56:49 AM »

I wasn't sure where to turn...

I heard a short time ago that a friend of mine was hit by a truck today, less than five hours ago... I don't know all the details, but I understand that she's in the hospital, in a coma, and that the chances of her surviving are not in her favor... I don't know if she knows God, but I suspect not, which troubles me all the more. Her name is Alyssa, and she's 13 years old; a young, aspiring artist.

This is the first time in my life that I've truly needed God's help and yet been unable to think of anything to say to him... Words just won't come. Please, help this get out to people who can pray for her.

The moment judgement is passed, compassion is killed.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 10:40:36 PM »

Orion, this is tragic news indeed.   I will keep her in prayer.  Will be praying for you also.   We don't always know why things like this happen, but I do know that God does hear our prayers.   Scripture tells us that the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we don't know how to pray.   Lay your concerns at the feet of the master.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 01:40:32 AM »

Thank you...

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 08:26:35 AM »

Prayin'... Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 12:40:11 PM »

Orion, any news on Alyssa?   Also how are you holding up?

Still praying for you buddy!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 02:43:55 PM »

Last I heard, they've given her a 55% chance. I'll let you know if I learn anything more...

I'm doing okay, though certianly not the best... I kind of need a break right now, and life just isn't giving me one.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »

Last I heard, they've given her a 55% chance. I'll let you know if I learn anything more...

Yes please keep us posted!

I'm doing okay, though certianly not the best... I kind of need a break right now, and life just isn't giving me one.

I can relate Orion.   Life has a way of making us feel like this.   David writes of similar feelings in the book of Psalms.   Maybe you will find some comfort in these words inspired by God.

Psa 31:9  Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; My eye is wasted away from grief, my soul and my body also.
Psa 31:10  For my life is spent with sorrow And my years with sighing; My strength has failed because of my iniquity, And my body has wasted away.
Psa 31:11  Because of all my adversaries, I have become a reproach, Especially to my neighbors, And an object of dread to my acquaintances; Those who see me in the street flee from me.
Psa 31:12  I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind; I am like a broken vessel.
Psa 31:13  For I have heard the slander of many, Terror is on every side; While they took counsel together against me, They schemed to take away my life.
Psa 31:14  But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, "You are my God."
Psa 31:15  My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.
Psa 31:16  Make Your face to shine upon Your servant; Save me in Your lovingkindness.
Psa 31:17  Let me not be put to shame, O LORD, for I call upon You; Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol.
Psa 31:18  Let the lying lips be mute, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous With pride and contempt.
Psa 31:19  How great is Your goodness, Which You have stored up for those who fear You, Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You, Before the sons of men!
Psa 31:20  You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man; You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues.
Psa 31:21  Blessed be the LORD, For He has made marvelous His lovingkindness to me in a besieged city.
Psa 31:22  As for me, I said in my alarm, "I am cut off from before Your eyes"; Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications When I cried to You.
Psa 31:23  O love the LORD, all you His godly ones! The LORD preserves the faithful And fully recompenses the proud doer.
Psa 31:24  Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD.

Hang in there friend.   There is peace in the shadow of  the Almighty.   He knows your pain and suffering.  He sees your weakness.   He longs to bear those burdens for you.   Smiley

We will continue to hold you and your friend up before the Lord in prayer.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 03:14:30 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 03:47:39 AM »

Thanks... She's now been given a 45% chance  =(

Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 10:37:22 AM »

God is on your side Orion remember that. I am praying for her to be healed. I also pray for you. Just remember that all things work for th good of thos who believe in Jesus Christ.

Mark 9:25 Wether this man is a sinner I do not know, but one thind I DO know is I was blind but now I SEE.
Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 12:23:45 PM »

She's fine... turns out it was a very elaborate, sick joke...

...I hate people  Angry

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 04:39:24 PM »

She's fine... turns out it was a very elaborate, sick joke...

...I hate people  Angry

Yes that is pretty harsh to joke around like that.   But I don't consider the time spent praying for you and Alyssa to be wasted one bit.   Smiley    

You did say life was not giving you a break, and Alsyssa (as far you knew) does not know the Lord.  Add to that friends who would play such a cruel joke and you have a plently of reason for prayer anyways.   Wink

I am relieved that she is not hurt, but I will still be praying for you and Alyssa.    Perhaps this whole ugly ordeal will open the door to discuss Christ with Alyssa, and maybe show some compassion to those who would play such a cruel Joke?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 07:39:19 PM »

Perhaps Tim, thank you. I'm glad you don't consider your time wasted.

I really appreciate all of the help, support and advice you and the others here have given.  Smiley

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 11:32:35 AM »

Happy I was able to help Orion!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 12:32:21 AM »

Wow  Man that was a harsh joke my friend.  Lips Sealed I will say a prayer for you in hopes that you will not consider a simular joke like that.

Some of us myself have had real life situations that are simular to the story you told and in fact this date in 1993 My nephew who was brain dead from a terrible house fire was taken off life support and my sister has been sad these last few days.

He was 12 years old.

At any rate I am not angry about that joke however Orion I would ask you as a human being and a Christian to rethink that behavior and I will pray that you talk with God and continue to walk with Him as He loves you and wants what is best in your life my friend.

Your Brother in Christ:  Brian. Grin

Faith Without Works Is Dead!
Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 12:39:04 AM »

Wow now I read your post again and I see that maybe that joke was played on you if that is the case please forgive my previous post as I may have misunderstood your post I am truly sorry about that.

I feel stupid right now and wanted to remove my last post ,but do not know if I can so I am writing this apology ahead of any resonse please accept my aplogy my friend.

Your Brother in Christ: Brian

Faith Without Works Is Dead!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the