Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Iguanas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iguanas  (Read 11552 times)
chicklittle

IM me if you want to know me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 06:00:36 PM »

I had an iguana for 8 years, he was my child!  He was over 4 feet and he retained his green color his whole life (it has to do with their diet).  If you EVER have questions about your pet, I'm your girl!  I also worked at Petco for two years, so I became the community iguana expert everyone would go to!  Then one day, my baby swallowed a penny behind my back.  Weeks later, it started to break down in his system and he stopped eating.  I took him to the vet to have it out, but he died two days after surgery because it was too late.  I cried through two of my college classes.  People shouldn't put them down, they are great pets!  They are so smart (mine was paper trained and used me as a ladder too!).  He always gave me kisses and used my body to keep warm.  He loved sitting on my boombox when it was playing, I think he could feel the beat.  Maybe they appreciate music.  They can become rather loyal too. He wouldn't eat much when I went out of town and someone else took care of him.  I feel so bad about what happened.  He was my pride and joy.   Embarrassed

Yahoo IM chicklittle49.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 04:22:39 PM »

I had a Madagascar hissing cockroach like that.

He'd hiss if he was scared, but he purred when I held him. He loved chocolate and cheese, even though he was supposed to be getting vegetables. (He had such cute little mandibles!) He seemed to like being stroked. He'd perch on my finger and just sit there, absolutely contented. He loved it when I rearranged his cage every few weeks, with new sand and new twigs and new cubbyholes. He was so much fun to show off, too. There is an elderly couple in our church who still asks how he's doing, even though he's been dead a few years. (A natural, legs-curled-up insect death, by the way. Nothing violent.)

I used to have awful nightmares about him, though; like he'd gotten loose and I couldn't find him and I knew someone was going to step on him. (A 3 or 4 inch long beetle can cause nightmares, I suppose.)

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
aribeth

I love jesus and the father

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 05:30:22 AM »

hey kris i had a wonderful male iguana just like you. he was so sweet. he loved to sleep on me and he got along well with my cats. they said that iguanas don't get along with cats but mine did. Cheesy i even got a pic of  him with my cat sitting on a speaker close together. if you would like to see the pic let me know.

my iguana's name was draco. he was so nice and didn't have a temper at all until he started getting sick.  i eventallu found out that he was really sick so i had to put him to sleep. Cry i had him cremated and he sits up on top of my desk with his death certificate that i got from the pet hospital. i miss him terribly. he was so kind and loved to climb also.  he was never mean. he did bite me once when we first got him but that was because i was new to him and had my face so close to his that he got scared. plus the place was new to him too because he was used to the pet store. but he never attacked me after  that.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 03:30:12 PM »

I would like to see pictures of him.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 08:35:15 PM »

Iguanas?
I love iguana!  Especially with a really meaty marinara sauce – delicious!  It’s funny how when you suck it in real fast the tail slaps you on the face and leaves a tomato sauce mark…

Ohhh – wait – maybe I’m thinking of linguini.  

Never mind.  
 Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »

Roll Eyes LOL

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 12:13:30 AM »

Roll Eyes LOL

Sister Kris, you'll have to admit that was at least an  Cheesy  LOL.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 10:11:43 AM »

Yes that was good.  I was just trying to picture my iguana at first with his legs stringed up like a pig and an apple in his mouth. Grin

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 10:29:32 PM »

Poor Guanie.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 02:39:52 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin   ROFL!!

Yum!  Yum!  - Makes your mouth water!

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 09:58:30 PM »

Iguanas?
I love iguana!  Especially with a really meaty marinara sauce – delicious!  It’s funny how when you suck it in real fast the tail slaps you on the face and leaves a tomato sauce mark…

Ohhh – wait – maybe I’m thinking of linguini.  

Never mind.  
 Grin

Grin LOL!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
poisonous1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 10:17:17 PM »

well i am Shannon, i got a baby green iguana for my birthday in February  and i don't know if its a he or she, he looks like a Male so i named  him Hercules. he was in a wire cage very small and look uncomfortable so i gotten a glass tank big 39 gallon when i put in in there he was okie but i was gone for 2 days when i cam e back i was trying to get him out, he flipped out when i put my hand in there but i did it slowly like i always did and he opened his mouth but he was not hissing but he wiped his tail and his dewlap was out a little, when i got him out he broke his nail and i hope its not damage  it stopped bleeding i am a little scared getting him out now because i don't want to hurt him i felt bad because i thought i broken his nail off Cry. but i just need help advice it that normal behovor when  changing him from a wire cage into  the large glass tank? when i got him he was in a wire cage at the pet store, now when it  put my hands in there he  flips out, but when he was in the wire cage he never did that and i was always alone in my roomwith him, when i was trying to get him out in the new cage there was 2 people in my room and  maybe he got scared for them and i was gone for 2 days, i never had a iguana and i am trying my best to read stuff about them but its not helping alot. if you can help me answer this please thanks bye. Huh

Shannon
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to Christians Unite. I don't know very much about iguana's myself but if you keep checking back here maybe someone else here can answer your questions.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 11:35:49 PM »

Here ya go.  A great iguana site that I belong to.

http://tesa.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=pictures&action=display&thread=1140062888

Also if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 11:37:55 PM by Kris777 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the