Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Iguanas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iguanas  (Read 11547 times)
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2005, 03:56:12 AM »

Has anyone on here ever had or does have an iguana.  I do! His name is Guanie.  I know that the name is not that original, but I think that he will forgive me.  I love him.  He is a good baby boy lizard. If you bob your head at him he will bob his head back and puff himself up to make himself look big.  

One time when I was cleaning out his cage I put him in the bathroom.  He climbed the drapes and was sitting at the top of them.  My mom came in the bathroom not seeing the iguana.  When she looked up she saw him and started screaming.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 08:50:38 PM »

No one wants to talk about iguanas. Cry  Ya'll like cats and dogs. Or has no body ever owned one?  Or it could be that your not interested, or they're scary or something?

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 10:30:05 PM »

No one wants to talk about iguanas. Cry  Ya'll like cats and dogs. Or has no body ever owned one?  Or it could be that your not interested, or they're scary or something?

Kriss777,

Cheesy  I only met an iguana once, up close and personal. I was still in police work, and it was on a home burglar alarm in the middle of the night. We were quietly checking the house and about to move into the bedrooms to check them. This was a first alarm for this house, so we thought it might be a good alarm with someone in the house.

The living room only had the light of a large aquarium, and their appeared to be a large stuffed or ceramic lizard on top of it. I was over 4 feet long and was completely motionless. I was edging my way to a dark hallway with my left shoulder next to the aquarium when the tongue shot out and the ceramic lizard jumped at me.   Grin  Needless to say, I almost jumped out of my skin, nearly shot it, and made enough noise to make the other officers checking the house angry at me. We cleared the house and didn't find any burglar, so everyone had a huge laugh at my expense.   Grin

That's all I know about iguanas, so I really don't know if I like them or not.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 08:28:11 AM »

I was edging my way to a dark hallway with my left shoulder next to the aquarium when the tongue shot out and the ceramic lizard jumped at me.    Needless to say, I almost jumped out of my skin, nearly shot it, and made enough noise to make the other officers checking the house angry at me. We cleared the house and didn't find any burglar, so everyone had a huge laugh at my expense.

LOL, BEP that is so funny.  Yes they will do that.  He was just checking you out.  They like to explore.  Mine sometimes decides that he doesn't want in his cage anymore and then scratches to get out.  Then when I open the door he jumps on me and uses me as a latter to get down.  

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 11:10:49 PM »

Kris777,

Grin  It ought to be against the law for them to remain motionless so long that someone things they are ceramic. As it turns out, he was sitting on top of the aquarium to soak up the heat and stay cozy. I would be curious about them as a pet, but my wife would move if I brought one home.  Cheesy  She is scared to death of all reptiles. I think that the fear factor of most people is due to a complete void of knowing about reptiles. I have looked at them in pet shops, but I've never touched an iguana on purpose. I'm sure that a lot of the fear is unfounded.

The owners of the house laughed themselves silly when they returned home quickly after the alarm company called them. They even sent a thank you note to the police chief. Then, the police chief laughed himself silly.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 12:01:20 AM »

They generally don't make very good pets.  They can have an attitude and demand alot of special care.  I'm very lucky because my iguana is a sweet heart and is a male.  For iguanas the male is the cranky one, not the female for a change. Grin  So I am blessed with a laid back male iguana.

Look BEP a few of your buddies! Grin

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 02:30:40 PM »

Hi Kris!  Grin

I don't own one, I have had one put on my shoulder once in Mexico, I seen them run wide in Costa Ricka. That's all I have seen and got close to in my life.  Wink

Love n' Hugs YSIC, \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 02:50:35 PM »

Kriss777,

Cheesy  I only met an iguana once, up close and personal. I was still in police work, and it was on a home burglar alarm in the middle of the night. We were quietly checking the house and about to move into the bedrooms to check them. This was a first alarm for this house, so we thought it might be a good alarm with someone in the house.

The living room only had the light of a large aquarium, and their appeared to be a large stuffed or ceramic lizard on top of it. I was over 4 feet long and was completely motionless. I was edging my way to a dark hallway with my left shoulder next to the aquarium when the tongue shot out and the ceramic lizard jumped at me.   Grin  Needless to say, I almost jumped out of my skin, nearly shot it, and made enough noise to make the other officers checking the house angry at me. We cleared the house and didn't find any burglar, so everyone had a huge laugh at my expense.   Grin

hHeard that story before...

Laughed again...  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 03:12:24 PM »

Poor Tom Cheesy (hehe)

I took Guanie to the vet on Friday because he had an infection.  Boy getting him in the car and get him to set still for 20 mins was not easy.  I had to tie his harness to the chair and keep one eye on him when I was driving because once in awhile he would try to escape.

Then at home when I went to soak him and put the medicine on him he decided that he didn't like what I was doing.  He started head bobing and I tried to calm him down.  I thought that he was settled down so I went back to putting on the medicine.  Very quickly he bit me on the arm just to let me know that he still didn't like it.

Iguanas can be little buggers.  

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 03:32:06 PM »

Willowbirch,

Sister, it's nice to hear from you. How are you doing?

Do you know about the sound that a time-clock makes? I'm talking about the type that employees use to clock in and out. I almost shot one of those one night also.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 03:37:50 PM »

Sister Kris,

Now is a good time to ask. Don't those big iguanas have teeth? Would they be one of those animals that the crock hunter might say, "You'd like to bite me arm off, wouldn't you mate?"  

Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 2:13  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 11:55:22 PM »

Willowbirch,

Do you know about the sound that a time-clock makes? I'm talking about the type that employees use to clock in and out. I almost shot one of those one night also.  

Love In Christ,
Tom

Man, I'm sure that made the other officers you worked with nervous. Lips Sealed

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 11:58:53 PM »

Sister Kris,

Now is a good time to ask. Don't those big iguanas have teeth? Would they be one of those animals that the crock hunter might say, "You'd like to bite me arm off, wouldn't you mate?"  

Love In Christ,
Tom

Yes Tom, Iguanas have teeth. Very, very sharp little pointy, needle like teeth that hurt when they bite.  You wise guy. Roll Eyes Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 02:35:30 AM »

Sister Kris,

Cheesy  I did manage 25 years without a firearms incident of any type. I can't say the same for many officers I know. There are just too many wild and weird things that happen in police work. All kinds of animals are involved in the wild and weird, but nothing can get as wild and weird as a human.   Cheesy  I know that I would have preferred the iguana over many people I dealt with.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 07:15:12 PM »

Willowbirch,

Do you know about the sound that a time-clock makes? I'm talking about the type that employees use to clock in and out. I almost shot one of those one night also.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the