Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Women dressing modestly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Women dressing modestly  (Read 8246 times)
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2005, 01:18:40 PM »

Sorry guys!  A woman has come into your clubhouse.  
I need to know something from the male perspective.

1.  Do you feel that women should dress modestly for church services and functions?  

2. Do you feel that if women dressed more modestly it would help any men with "lust"?  

3.  How do you feel about what your wife and daughters wear?  

4.  Do you think that women can dress modestly in pants?  
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 02:59:07 PM »

1. Yes but then women should dress modestly at all times not just for church services and functions.

2. Modestly dressing does in fact help with lust.

3. I have no problem with the way my wife and daughter dresses.

4. Yes, as long as those pants are not form fitting, low tops etc.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
chilibowl

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 09:50:19 PM »

Generaly speaking women hold a great power over men when it comes to suductive or form fitting clothing. Something that our culture has down played, because of harsh hearts. those of us trying to protect our hearts from the callouses fromed thru objectifing women, are very easily drawn into lustful thoughts and ungodly feelings... Christian or not we are chemically driven and activated physically. and after that our christianity or "morals" keeps us from acting wrongly...
Not to steal from one of the comic cultures major Icons, but with great power comes an awsome responciablity. God has given most women, the power to activate a primal responce in men and with that it is your responcablity to harness and control that aspect of your bodies untill your in a situation where you and your husband can benifit.. Other wise your using a god given gift in a manor not intended by the creator.

example: the goverment doesn't allow the open market sale of plutomium right? why? because in the wrong hands the effects are potentially distructive on a very large scale..
With great power, comes an awsome responcability.

That same physophy should be applied to the female form at all times because look at the destruction and devestation unbridaled female sexuality has had on the family. I know that's not a popular thing to point out, and this will be even less. But look at the places in our socity where female modestity is an endangered or forgotten.. there is another creature living in those neighborhoods that can be considered endangered and/or forgotten, and that's the family as god intended it.. It's just not there anymore, the fathers are gone, and it has alot to do with the menu the men are provided with... why stick out a tough relationship when there's so much to choose from.. Get someone knocked up? Just move on "cause dis new girl ain't go no baby" That was an answer I got from a 16 year old who just recently broke up with his considerably younger girlfriend that our program was sponcering...
 I'm not saying that men are blameless here, cause we arn't, but neither are the women.. You gals HAVE TO DO YOUR PART!! and WE HAVE TO DO OURS!!
Godbless and remember to pray for those of us that still have a hormonal drive that seems to lead us down the wrong path, every chance it gets!

so to answer your questions:
1) Yes
2) yes
3) I'm ok with what she wears.
4) Yes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 01:08:46 AM by chilibowl » Logged
tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 12:31:23 AM »

1.  Do you feel that women should dress modestly for church services and functions?  

2. Do you feel that if women dressed more modestly it would help any men with "lust"?  

1.  Yes its God's house or a thing that is centered around Him dress nicely.
2.  Uh..yeah...your talking to an 18 year old with hormones i see a hot girl who looks like she wearing a napkin im going to be tempted to lust.
3.Dont have one doesnt matter.
4.  Yes...short shorts hmmm....sometimes its a little too short.  My yg went to DC for the summer and a couple of girls had some skeet shorts so me and my friend gave them our jeans to wear while we were there.  It worked.

I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it
John Omega

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 08:53:52 AM »

I refer you to the scripture 1 Timothy 2:9-10 (ESV):

"likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness - with good works."

1.  Females should always dress modestly (and so should males).

2.  It would be less likely to result in lust but I'm sure that even Puritan men lusted after women who were covered from head to toe.

3.  My 14 year-old daughter and I frequently discuss the kinds of things she likes to wear and she knows my position.  She is less inclined to dress immodestly than a lot of her friends.

4.  It depends on the pants and how they fit.  If they look like they're painted on or otherwise draw attention to certain body parts, they're immodest.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 11:08:41 AM »

John Omega,

I see that this is your first post so I would like to extend a warm welcom to the forum.

Females should always dress modestly (and so should males).

Amen. This is something that many people seem to overlook on this subject. It is just as important for males to dress modestly as it is for the females.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 12:57:17 PM »

Yes

yes

My daughter, I have no problems with how she dresses.

Yes, it is possible. My daughter wears pants, and dresses nicely. She shows off, no form, and don't wear form fitting clothes.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

TheOneX

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 12:24:53 AM »

I'm going to hit two questions with one stone here. Yes women should always dress modestly. There are a lot of guys that keep on sining becuase of the way girls dressed and if they dressed differently most christian guys would sin sexually a lot less. Some of that is the guys falt also.

Since I'm 16 I don't have either, but when I do get a wife as long as she wears modest clothing in public and at parties I'd be fine. At home I wouldn't care what she wore, until we have kids. If I have a daughter If I find her wearing something I didn't approve of I would make her change then go and throw the clothes in the trash.

Yes girls can dress modeslty in pants. I actually think a lot of girls actually look better in baggier pants then tight pants.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 08:17:09 AM »

The male perspective according to God? I will take it that is where you are coming from.

She should be modest in everthing at all times.  

It would help many by preventing the tempting, but some are beyond help in this matter and dress would not matter. Pray for Them.

They should be modest, also. They are not above God's guidance on this.  

Yes.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 06:00:06 PM »

Sorry guys!  A woman has come into your clubhouse. 

1.  Do you feel that women should dress modestly for church services and functions?   

3.  How do you feel about what your wife and daughters wear? 

4.  Do you think that women can dress modestly in pants? 

#1  Yes,
Proverbs 14:12 - There is a way which seems right to a man (or a woman) and appears straight before him, but in the end of it is the way of death.  {The Amplified Bible}
If this verse ran through every womans thoughts before setting out in the world. They would be doing their part as the body of Christ, which would help their brothers in Christ.

#2 Again yes,
For brothers, this should be how they fight that everyman's battle.
The war against lust is to build a three perimeters wall of defense into your life. What gets a man's motor running is in what he sees. He must train himself through the Spirit to walk in purity.

I)  With your eyes:  Bounce from objects of lust, don't will yourself to look, bounce from the sensual views that a mans eyes may target. You are going to notice woman in their gift of beauty, there is no way out of that. But if you gaze them up and down at their sexuality, heres where the boundaries must be set, and we must as men train ourselves not to cross these boundaries.
Starving the eyes, successfully, shutting off the flow of wrongful sensual images that come through the eyes. You have to retrain your eyes, put up your shield and not will yourself to look at sensual images.
If you do cross the boundary line then you must repent of it and do as Paul said in the Word. Casting down all imaginations and anything not to knowledge of God, taking every thought captive and bring it into obedience to Christ. Then press on, start again, learn from that grace.

II) In the mind:  You have to keep your mind from taking that image, block it before it gets there, put up your shield. you must evaluate and capture them, "objects of lust". You must cast it down, keeping that image in your mind, will bring about friends, in thoughts and will build a desire that must be stopped in its tracks and brought into obedience to Christ. Starving the attractions, cleansing your mind flow of thoughts impure and lustful.

III)   In the heart:  The "Heart" the innermost defense perimeter - is in your heart. Crucifying that old flesh, crucifying anything impure. This perimeter is built by strengthening your love for God and His will for you. {His will is for you to remain pure.}   We have "NO RIGHT" outside of Jesus in these areas.
If you are married strengthen also your affections for your spouse and your commit-ment to the promises and debts you owe them, love, honor, and cherish-ment. Love them as you love Christ Jesus. Grow in having a more genuine, positive, sacrificial heart commit-ment to-wards your spouse.

Joseph said; how can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God.  He did the other thing one must do in a harmful environment, he fled.
These are some of what sexual sin, lust, and impure thoughts do, they are sins against God. And they can cause more hurts to others as well. Look at what it cost David that night he went for a walk.
Choosing not to sin, understanding the enemy - so that we might not be deceived. Defense with your eyes, in your mind and in your heart.
Impurity is a habit working like a habit, not willing to look, impurity fights like an addiction-spiritual possession, purity always brings spiritual opposition. As men we must always be alert to it.

Job 31:1 - I dictated a covenant (an agreement) to my eyes; how then could I look (lustfully) upon a girl? (2) For what portion should I have from God above (if I were lewd), and what heritage from the Almighty on high? (3) Does not calamity (justly) befall the unrighteous, and disaster the workers of iniquity? (4) Does not (God) see my ways and count all my steps? (5) If I have walked with falsehood or vanity, or if my foot has hastened to deceit - (6) Oh, let me weighed in a just balance and let Him weigh me. that God may know my integrity!
(9) If my heart has been deceived and made a fool by a woman, or if I have (covetously) laid wait for my neighbor's door (until his departure). (10) Then let my wife grind (meal, like a bondslave) for another, and let others bow upon her. {TAB}

**Job made a covenant with God, that would cost him his wife if he did not walk upright in purity. Just let the Spirit give you revelation on all that Job did in saying that and going into covenant with the Lord about it.

#3 She dresses modestly, she walks the changed life. My oldest daughter, was not influenced by me, because of divorce, but she is some what good in that matter. I pray for her to get better with her choices in all things.

#4 Yes, if it is skin tight then, they should refer to Proverbs 14:12.

Proverbs 31:30  Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.  {KJV}

These are the paths I have been taught and shown to fight everyman's battle. Paths of righteousness I walk empowered by the Holy Spirit to do it.
I pray they help women understand our battle and maybe can help other men in a path with weapons to use in this warfare.
Many things are took from the books of "Everymans Battle" and "Everymans Challenge". There is also one for women called "Every Woman's Battle.

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee
Only always for Jesus
in the love of a brother,
ggamble
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:23:10 PM by ggamble » Logged

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
jesusisthelight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 12:08:38 AM »

1) So how about tube with a coat, so that shoulders are covered? Will that also tempt men?

2) Anyway I like to wear beautiful clothes, mainly bright colours and nice designs. I think is more of being trendy and not attracting the wrong attention if is not revealing?

3) What do you men think of women who wear revealing clothes such as bare back top? Will men think they are morally loose women, or trying to seduce men?

ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 05:57:08 PM »

Greetings JesusistheLight

Refer to Proverbs 14:12. and Proverbs 31:30 for the answers you need, I cannot judge one if they are moral, or trying to be seductive.  I would be doing the things I listed in my post as well as praying for them as the Spirit would led me.
The thing for women to think of, if they have a question about their dress and or appearance, in reference to modesty.  Should be a clue of what the Spirit is trying to tell them, in all things if it does not "Glorify the Father" then it is not His will. Justification is always the flesh trying to tempt you to go that way in thought, as to say well that's all right. We are to glorify the Lord, and be not of this world. The only answer and or advice,  I can give ya. What ever a woman needs to know is in the Word.

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee
Only Always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the