Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  4 "P's" You Can't Live Without!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 "P's" You Can't Live Without!  (Read 10692 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2005, 09:00:35 AM »

Yup.  You heard me right!  There are 4 "P's" that no person can live without!  Want to know them?  Well...

1.  POSITION  God says that each and every one of us is born into a specific position.  God even gives this position a name - Sinner.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 3:23

Do you believe that you're in this position?  I do, and I am.  That would be well and good if God left it at that.  But...He didn't.

2.  PRICE  God says there's a price for being in this postion.  God even gave a name for that price - Death.

For the wages of sin is death...

Romans 6:23a

Being in the position of sinner brings with it the price such a position incurs, death.  Fortunately, God had a plan.   Smiley

3.  PAYMENT  God sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross in our place; to pay the price for our being in the position of a sinner.  Jesus paid the price for our position.

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die--but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Romans 5:6-10

This, my friend, is life.  And Jesus died so that we can have this payment, for the price, of our position.

The question is, how do we accept this payment?  God says...

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.  For the Scripture says, 'Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.'  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.  For 'everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" [/b] - Romans 10:9-13

BELIEVE and  CONFESS.  What's that?  Simply believe God's word.  Tell Him and ask His forgiveness!  That's it!  That simple!  If you do this, then the last "P" is yours...

4.  PRIZE  God gives those who believe and confess eternal life.  Not just a place in Heaven for eternity, but life, Jesus, knowing and loving Him eternally.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

Do you believe?  Will you confess?  I pray today that you will.   Smiley

God bless!

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:01:14 PM »

AMEN BROTHER KEVIN!!! - Thank you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Luke 2:11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 11:26:19 PM »

I like that it is a nice salvation path. It has great potential I hope you dont mind me printing it and making it part of my normal thing.

Mark 9:25 Wether this man is a sinner I do not know, but one thind I DO know is I was blind but now I SEE.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 08:56:56 AM »

I like that it is a nice salvation path. It has great potential I hope you dont mind me printing it and making it part of my normal thing.

Don't mind at all Brother!  God bless.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 09:04:26 AM »

AMEN BROTHER KEVIN!!! - Thank you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Luke 2:11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Praise God Tom!  I put this out because I've been noticing the  times when I'm here there are alot of guests reading these posts.  God promises us that His word will not return unto Him void, and whether or not we ever see the results of giving His word, we know that it serves His purpose in their lives.  Pray that it does just that my friend.  God is good and wants those who don't know Him to know just how good He truly is.   Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 03:53:09 PM »

Brother Kevin,

I've been thinking and praying a lot lately about just what you said: GOD'S WORD is always used and never wasted. I also pray that those many guests I see on a regular basis are reading enough to at least soften their hearts for JESUS and make them yearn for more. I know that this is what gives Christians the determination to continue, even in the most difficult and dangerous situations throughout the world. We have the freedom to share in safety, and that is yet another thing that we should praise and thank the LORD for.

Brother, I've also been thinking and praying a lot for those who risk or give their lives to share the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel of God's Grace. In comparison, God makes it so easy for us to be used by HIM. Evangelist shared some information about the growing number of Christians who are being tortured and killed for what we can do and remain untouched. The times are growing worse, but GOD'S WORD has more power than ever.

Brother, I give thanks for you and the many sweet Christians here. If things get dangerous for us also, I pray that God gives us the strength and courage to continue in whatever way HE leads us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 31:24  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 05:28:42 PM »

Allinall:
1.  POSITION  God says that each and every one of us is born into a specific position.  God even gives this position a name - Sinner.

Through my own actions I placed myself in this "position"

Through God's actions a way was provided to turn from this "position'.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 08:04:05 AM »

Allinall:

Through my own actions I placed myself in this "position"

Through God's actions a way was provided to turn from this "position'.

ollie

Amen Brother!   Smiley

Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »

Thank you AllInAll for that simple plan of salvation. I think, in my head, I might be trying to make it alot more difficult then it really is. Now I see just exactly what it is I need to do to get where I want to go. Thanx.

BEP, I ask myself that very question on a pretty regular basis. (Thinking in head "If I was to be told that if I witness and evangelize where I am at, I could be tortured and even possibly executed for my beliefs, would I have the strength to do it anyway?") I pray that I will if ever that situation comes up, but sometimes worry that I'd faulter. I guess I won't know unless it happens.

Thank you both for posting something I needed to see.

God Bless,
RObert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 12:10:01 PM »

Thank you AllInAll for that simple plan of salvation. I think, in my head, I might be trying to make it alot more difficult then it really is. Now I see just exactly what it is I need to do to get where I want to go. Thanx.

BEP, I ask myself that very question on a pretty regular basis. (Thinking in head "If I was to be told that if I witness and evangelize where I am at, I could be tortured and even possibly executed for my beliefs, would I have the strength to do it anyway?") I pray that I will if ever that situation comes up, but sometimes worry that I'd faulter. I guess I won't know unless it happens.

God Bless,
RObert

You're most welcome my friend!  I know what ya mean by making it more difficult than it should be.  The depth of God's plan goes so far beyond the simple message; His planning, His provision, His sovereign working to bring everything into place and working it around our acceptance and understanding.  And yet, He makes it so simple when He tells us how to share this good news with others.  "Tell."  Smiley  What a God we serve!  
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 12:11:47 PM by Allinall » Logged

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 04:30:28 PM »

God Bless,
RObert

Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 07:50:37 AM »

God Bless,
RObert

Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Thanks for that reminder Brother!  And it's the truth.   Smiley

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 10:52:27 AM »

Smiley

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:44:45 PM »

...bumpbumpbump...

Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 04:15:27 AM »

Hello Brother Kevin,

YES, this is a beautiful thread, one that I would definitely like to visit again. I would like to say a little bit more about "P" - "Prize".

Most Christians love JESUS enough to know that we have already been given riches in CHRIST that are greater than the world can imagine. I would hope that most Christians press on toward a higher calling for CHRIST and strive not for additional riches and rewards that are promised for Christians. We know that rewards are promised, but trying to imagine what they might be, over and above our Salvation and spiritual riches in CHRIST, is difficult to imagine.

1 - I would hope that just running the race because we love JESUS should be more than enough, but there is more.

2 - Just the thought that the KING OF KINGS would use us, work in us, and work through us should humble us and give us great joy, but there is more.

3 - If we continue to strive simply because we love JESUS, GOD has promised another PRIZE, REWARDS that only GOD can give, all that are beyond human imagination.

1 Corinthians 9:23-25 NASB  I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

Philippians 3:14 NASB  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Brother, there is a beautiful comparison here that I want to talk about. Many men spend most of their lives in striving for and struggling for perishable THINGS of this world. Those THINGS are corruptible and mean absolutely nothing. When we leave this short life, we won't be taking any of these trinkets home with us. They are worthless and will be left behind, and whatever time that was spent in obtaining them was wasted. We take our Spiritual Riches in CHRIST with us when we claim our Citizenship in Heaven. FIRST, we didn't work for Salvation, as that can never be earned and must be a GIFT, but we bring this imperishable GIFT with us. Second, all of the time that we spent in good works for others ONLY because of our Love of JESUS and wanting to Glorify HIM will be considered by GOD for eternal Rewards. An eternity of Joy and Peace with JESUS is more than we could ever imagine, but there is MORE. We don't know what the REWARDS will be, but they will only be given if we DIDN'T work for them. Our work MUST have been SOLELY because we Love JESUS.

We know that the promises of GOD are so sure that they can be considered to be ALREADY DONE. In terms of PRIZE, here is something beautiful for all Christians to know. When we accepted JESUS CHRIST as our LORD and SAVIOUR, we were quickened (translated) into the Kingdom of GOD'S Dear Son right then. We have already been delivered, and we are eternal possessions of JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF. Even during this short life here, we should wake up every morning with JOY in the sure knowledge that we are Children of the KING. Whatever else is hard or harsh in this short life is nothing in comparision to what we have already been given by our precious LORD and SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.

Ephesians 2:1 NASB  And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,

Ephesians 2:2 NASB  in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

Ephesians 2:3 NASB  Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Ephesians 2:4 NASB  But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 NASB  even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Ephesians 2:6 NASB  and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Ephesians 2:7 NASB  so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 NASB  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Ephesians 2:9 NASB  not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:10 NASB  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

1 Peter 3:18 NASB  For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Romans 8:16 NASB  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

Romans 8:17 NASB  and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Romans 8:18 NASB  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Brother, much has already been done, and much is ALREADY OURS in JESUS CHRIST, our LORD and SAVIOUR forever. Thus, each new morning should be "This is another wonderful day that the LORD has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it."

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:8-10 NASB  See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the