Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  4 MORE YEARS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 MORE YEARS  (Read 20960 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2005, 06:58:34 PM »

Melody,

Sister, we can agree to disagree. I won't be contending anymore over your statement of self-righteousness. I'll simply say that if you want to read about the ONLY righteousness, read about JESUS in the Holy Bible. Our disagreement over your proclaimed self-righteousness does not diminish my love for you in Christ.

BEP,
This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing.  You have insulted me by calling me a liar and now calling me self-righteous because I believe I'm not a liar.  Yes I am offended.

I need to go away from this forum for awhile because I find myself thinking uncharitable and unchristianlike thoughts.  I do not feel God's presence here and so I will depart.

Peace to you all,

Melody

How come it's ok for you to call Bush a liar, but when someone says "we" (which includes you) have all lied at one time or another in our lives, that's somehow "insulting?" That is very self righteous my friend.

When you stand before Jesus would you be willing to tell Him that you don't need to be forgiven for the sin of lying? remember, your eternal soul would be in jeopardy.

If you truly have never lied, then you and cris would be the only two people on earth who are "perfect" in that regard.

Your comparison between murder and lying is ridiculous my friend.

Please don't get angry and leave. Sometimes these debates involve tough questions. As Christians we should be able to handle these situations without getting so angry, especially if we truly are not "guilty" of the sin in question.

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »

Cris and melody,

just two quick simple questions.

1. Do you love the Lord?

2. Have you ever felt hate toward someone, just for a brief moment perhaps?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2005, 11:09:31 PM »

I have a son that "did not lie" as a child or so he thought. It was just that he did not preceive that what he was saying to be a lie. He thought that what he was saying to be the truth so therefore it was the truth.

I.E. He was playing with his friends and said some things that made the other kids made enough to hit him. When asked about the situation he said that the other kids started the fight. In his eyes the other child started it because they took the first swing not because he mouthed off to them and provoked them.

Lies or truth, it is in the eyes of the beholder or the eyes of the one telling it.

Liar------------One who KNOWINGLY and habitually utters falsehood.

Lie-------------A DELIBERATE misrepresentation of fact with intent to deceive.

Some children may deliberately lie, while others may just be ignorant or too immature to understand.  A lot depends on age.

I wasn't afraid to tell my parents the truth because I trusted them.  I remember being respected for telling the truth.  Guess I didn't want to lose that respect.  Nothing terrible ever happened to me when I told the truth, so lying isn't something I did.

I can say this, though.  I cheated at a game when I was about 9 or 10 years old.  Cheating is a form of lying, yes, and to this very day, I haven't forgotten it.  I have a bad case of "conscience".  When I said I didn't lie as a child, I should have clarified I was thinking about my immediate family. I never lied to family about anything, ever!  I didn't lie to teachers, either.  Because of my "conscience", I think I would remember if I deliberately lied to anyone else.  Anyway, when I've asked God to bring to memory any sin unconfessed, lying hasn't been one of them.

Truth still means everything to me.  I absolutely hate untruth.  I guess I've even hated the one telling the untruth.  It's difficult for me to separate the lie from the liar, sometimes (probably most of the time).  I do try, though!

cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2005, 11:27:07 PM »

Cris and melody,

1. Do you love the Lord?

Yes-----------------to both questions!!!

I know.  I know.  If I answered yes to both questions, then I'm a liar.  I can't love God and hate another, even for a moment.  I'm supposed to hate the evil deed and not the person.  As I said in another post, it's difficult for me to separate the evil deed from the person.  If I repent of hating the person, then I love the Lord.  We serve a merciful God!!

cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2005, 11:38:20 PM »

Cris and melody,

1. Do you love the Lord?

Yes-----------------to both questions!!!

I know.  I know.  If I answered yes to both questions, then I'm a liar.  I can't love God and hate another, even for a moment.  I'm supposed to hate the evil deed and not the person.  As I said in another post, it's difficult for me to separate the evil deed from the person.  If I repent of hating the person, then I love the Lord.  We serve a merciful God!!

cris

Amen!  Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2005, 12:31:58 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We all stand guilty before GOD. There are no innocents except JESUS. We have all already been found guilty, and Jesus paid the penalty for us. The law is a schoolmaster that brings knowledge of sin to the lost and points them to the only answer - JESUS.

We are all much more than just liars. If one wishes to consider the Law, violation of one is violation of all. The thought is also a violation, so it is obvious that no man can keep the Law, never has and never will. JESUS CHRIST is the only one who ever kept the Law.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2005, 09:54:08 PM »

Bingo!

God wants George W. Bush as the President of the United States.

Yes?

No?

What do you think?

There are several lessons in the Holy Bible about this very subject, but for probably different reasons than those stated.

Well, on top of everything else, the American people put George W. Bush in office, and they could have taken him out of office. So, we have a President for 4 more years - end of the story - the people have spoken.

Now, it's a matter of how we go forward with our President. The election is over - water under the bridge. The losers need to quit being cry babies and learn how to do something positive for their country. Things will go forward with the losers or without them, so they may as well lend some positive input to what already is and will be.

If any world leader fits into the plan of Almighty God, no power on earth will be able to stop or slow the plan of GOD. The same is true that no power on earth can hasten the plan of Almighty God by even 1 second. The plan and will of Almighty God will be fulfilled at exactly His appointed time and way.

GOD'S WILL BE DONE!

It will be regardless. It is time for the cry babies to do the work of the people or go home. If they don't, the people will help them go home with each election and put someone else in the office who will do the work of the people. No amount of crying, whining, and complaining will change the results of the election. It is over, and George W. Bush is our President. I give thanks for that, but some of you probably disagree. There are obviously some who will try to cripple our country and cry for the next four years. Does anyone know where we can buy some crying towels?   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:46  The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.
"Things will go forward with the losers or without them,"

Tom,
That is almost fifty percent of the electorate. That spells division without the losers and shaky unity with the losers.

I don't think America will go forward until we have a plan and a leader that undivides the country and works for the majority. Unfortunately neither presidential candidate seemed to fill that requirement IMO.

Let us pray that President Bush is in office because God wants good for America because her people are righteous and not punishment and judgement because they are an abomination in sin.

ollie
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 09:56:12 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the