Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:42:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  4 MORE YEARS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 MORE YEARS  (Read 20896 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 11:40:59 AM »

Pastor Roger quote...

"against the war, not the soldiers"  does in fact denigrate our troops. Our troops are a part of that war, that war is a part of them. You cannot separate the two. It is what they are doing. To tell them any different belittles them and what they are doing. It causes many problems just as it did during Viet Nam. Low troop moral, more of our troops being killed, support of the enemy giving the enemy more fuel and determination to keep fighting. This is what happened in Viet Nam and is again happening now.

People need to stop playing this game and let the troops do their job.

BRAVO!! Right arm! Farm out even!
I am sick of goofy statements like that also. It's clearly a shot at Bush at the expense of our troops in this case. Buddy boy needs to get over it and get a life!

p.s. Pastor Roger...Look at your private messages once in a while my friend!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 12:31:21 PM »

Pastor Roger quote...

"against the war, not the soldiers"  does in fact denigrate our troops. Our troops are a part of that war, that war is a part of them. You cannot separate the two. It is what they are doing. To tell them any different belittles them and what they are doing. It causes many problems just as it did during Viet Nam. Low troop moral, more of our troops being killed, support of the enemy giving the enemy more fuel and determination to keep fighting. This is what happened in Viet Nam and is again happening now.

People need to stop playing this game and let the troops do their job.

BRAVO!! Right arm! Farm out even!
I am sick of goofy statements like that also. It's clearly a shot at Bush at the expense of our troops in this case. Buddy boy needs to get over it and get a life!

p.s. Pastor Roger...Look at your private messages once in a while my friend!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake

I'm not ignoring you, Bronze. It has taken me awhile to read everything on your site.  Responded today.

I agree these peoples agenda is at the expense of our troops. They don't seem to be able to comprehend that and it is the reason Viet Nam turned out the way it did.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 12:33:47 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »

I have to rofl about the supposed "exit strategy" that is supposedly necessary when fighting a war.

You fight to win. Exit occurs when winning occurs. To plan a strategy to exit rather than to fight to win is losing the war before it begins.

My son-in-law was 27, and the father of two when 9/11 occurred. He joined the army, believing that it was something he must do.

He's been in Iraq for a year.

He's killed terrorists (the intelligentsia likes to call them 'insurgents').

He's helped rebuild two schools, a church and a mosque.

He's made friends with some Iraqi Christians.

He's been held over (stop-loss).

He (along with all of his unit - 1st Cav, 2/7) say that being there was, and is right...and at least 90% of the Iraqi's they come into contact with agree, and want them there.

In 1836, Texians said "Remember the Alamo....Remember Goliad"

In 2004, Iraqi's are saying "Remember Halabja"

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 05:51:03 PM »

Evangelist, I am praying for your sons safety. Also I want to publicly thank him, for his service to the country. I pray, that God keeps him safe, and in his embrace.

We see people today saying, to get out of Iraq. The truth is,..... "Freedom is not free". Some times you have to fight for freedom.  SO in ending, I want to say, thank you, for those who serve, God, then country.

Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 06:03:44 PM »

Evangelist,

Evangelist, I am praying for your sons safety. Also I want to publicly thank him, for his service to the country. I pray, that God keeps him safe, and in his embrace.

We see people today saying, to get out of Iraq. The truth is,..... "Freedom is not free". Some times you have to fight for freedom.  SO in ending, I want to say, thank you, for those who serve, God, then country.

Bob

I join in Dreamweavers prayer for your son and I wish to also join in thanking him for his service. Not enough appreciation can be given to all of our troops for their very important work that they are doing.

I hope that you pass this on to him and his unit, Thank you all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 11:51:08 PM »

Evangelist,

Bob

I join in Dreamweavers prayer for your son and I wish to also join in thanking him for his service. Not enough appreciation can be given to all of our troops for their very important work that they are doing.

I hope that you pass this on to him and his unit, Thank you all.

Please send my thanks also. I wonder if there's any way to e-mail any of these fine soldiers so we can thank them personally? Anyone know?

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2005, 12:08:46 AM »

Give me a little time Bronze and I'll get you some e-mail addees for that.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2005, 12:17:47 AM »

Give me a little time Bronze and I'll get you some e-mail addees for that.

Thanks very much Pastor Roger...I had a good feeling that you would come through first.

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 12:48:08 AM »

There are several ways that you can send them an email. One if you know their name you can send it as follows:

john.smith.us.army.mil

Call local National Guard unit armories talk to the soldier left there to man the armory, and ask for the name of the LT or Commander with the unit in the sandbox. With that name, you can send an email to him directly through the ako process I told you about. Its easy to get the names of unit commanders... theyre all over the newspaper... and any time you see a soldiers name in the paper... he/she will most likely have an ako account also.

The other way is to make a thread on here for all that want to say something to them and I can send it to some troops that I know. That will cover four different units.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 01:25:33 AM »

Hey thanks very much my friend!
I started a "Letters To Soldiers" thread on current events.

I'm going to private message you with my e-mail address so you can add it along with the letter I wrote...If that's ok with you.

Bronzesnake.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 01:29:51 AM »

Thank you, Bronze. I am sure that it will mean a great deal to them. I will let the thread grow a bit if it will and then send them all together. I am sure that they will appreciate the return email address also so they can return the thanks.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 02:31:53 PM »

DW, PR, BS (hmmmm):
Thanks much for your support and continued prayers. The next several days are particularly critical. He has been sent back to Baghdad for some "special details" (read search and destroy).  Seems his squad was the one particularly requested by the Marines to come to Fallujah because of some of their "outstanding" work in Najaf...now their "special skills" are being requested again.

My daughter is able to instant message with him several times weekly, but it's inconsistent. I doubt if he'll be able to get any messages until after the election, and they go back to Camp Taji.  Lord willing, he'll be in Kuwait next month, then home in March.

BroHank
Bronzesnake
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 02:53:54 PM »

Evangelist..

I think I can speak for most here when I say we will be praying for your boy, as well as all the heroes over there.

Evangelist quote...

BS (hmmmm)

Embarrassed Undecided Cry  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 03:39:33 PM »

Evangelist..

I think I can speak for most here when I say we will be praying for your boy, as well as all the heroes over there.

Evangelist quote...

BS (hmmmm)

Bronzesnake

Well....you have to understand. Being from cow country and all.......  Grin

BroHank
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2005, 03:57:06 PM »

Evangelist..

Evangelist quote...

BS (hmmmm)

Bronzesnake

Well....you have to understand. Being from cow country and all.......  Grin

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Grin Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the