Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:46:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 215974 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2005, 07:27:01 AM »

JudgeNot,

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

ROFL - Brother, you're killin' me.

We are both probably moderate conservatives, but we are most certainly Christians first, so that makes us very dangerous people.  Cheesy  YES! - I enjoy being a dangerous person, and I plan to remain a dangerous person for the rest of my life.

Maybe we can become missionaries and teachers for the ACLU during our retirement years. We can teach the GOSPEL and American History if we can catch them.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 48:17 NASB  Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2005, 12:46:40 PM »

Confronted with a cancer or a slum the Pantheist can say, "If you could only see it from the divine point of view, you would realize that this also is God." The Christian replies, "Don't talk ... nonsense." - C. S. Lewis

================================================

A chasm is opening between the men who believe their Bibles and the men who are prepared for an advance upon Scripture. Inspiration and speculation cannot long abide in peace. Compromise there can be none. We cannot hold the inspiration of the Word, and yet reject it; we cannot believe in the atonement and deny it; we cannot hold the doctrine of the fall and yet talk of the evolution of spiritual life from human nature; we cannot recognize the punishment of the impenitent and yet indulge the "larger hope." One way or the other we must go. Decision is the virtue of the hour. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

===============================================

The Gospel is not a new law. It is not a code of morals or ethics. It is not a creed to be accepted. It is not a system of religion to be adhered to. It is the good news that God will forgive and accept any person who trusts His provision of the crucified and risen Christ as the answer to their rebellion and sin. - Anonymous

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2005, 01:16:16 PM »

Amen JudgeNot and Phil121!

I love both quotes, and we do need to hear them frequently.

Brother Jim, curiosity is killing me. Has someone tried to tag you with "Taliban Jim"?  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 24:3-4 NASB  By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; And by knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches.

Bro Tom -
No one one on this board has tagged me that I am aware of.  (The liberals who visit us here are generally very polite - I hope they stay - it's entertaining and thought provoking having them with us.)  But just as I am a proud, dues paying member of Hillary's "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy", I must also be part of the religious right so often compared to the Taliban by the leftist marooooons.  It's actually another badge I wear proudly when correctly equated to my unshakable belief that Jesus Christ is, indeed, who He says He is - which He is....
 Grin

I have a confession to make - liberals may sometimes make me feel superior... particularly when they believe that to win a debate they must rely on the definition of "is" being a variable. Lips Sealed

Lord - grant me humility. I ask you, Lord, for the strength You showed as You cleared the temple of the money changers.
Amen!

Smiley

ROFL ....  I think you just tagged yourself.

Welcome to the land of the tagged.

Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2005, 01:11:08 AM »

Amen JudgeNot and Phil121!

I love both quotes, and we do need to hear them frequently.

Brother Jim, curiosity is killing me. Has someone tried to tag you with "Taliban Jim"?  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 24:3-4 NASB  By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; And by knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches.

Bro Tom -
No one one on this board has tagged me that I am aware of.  (The liberals who visit us here are generally very polite - I hope they stay - it's entertaining and thought provoking having them with us.)  But just as I am a proud, dues paying member of Hillary's "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy", I must also be part of the religious right so often compared to the Taliban by the leftist marooooons.  It's actually another badge I wear proudly when correctly equated to my unshakable belief that Jesus Christ is, indeed, who He says He is - which He is....
 Grin

I have a confession to make - liberals may sometimes make me feel superior... particularly when they believe that to win a debate they must rely on the definition of "is" being a variable. Lips Sealed

Lord - grant me humility. I ask you, Lord, for the strength You showed as You cleared the temple of the money changers.
Amen!

Smiley

ROFL ....  I think you just tagged yourself.

Welcome to the land of the tagged.

Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Well at least I've never been tagged here. Least to my knowledge. Grin

One thing we may be sure of, however: For the believer all pain has meaning; all adversity is profitable. There is no question that adversity is difficult. It usually takes us by surprise and seems to strike where we are most vulnerable. To us it often appears completely senseless and irrational, but to God none of it is either senseless or irrational. He has a purpose in every pain He brings or allows in our lives. We can be sure that in some way He intends it for our profit and His glory. - Jerry Bridges
=================================

I am not a theologian or a scholar, but I am very aware of the fact that pain is necessary to all of us. In my own life, I think I can honestly say that out of the deepest pain has come the strongest conviction of the presence of God and the love of God. - Elisabeth Elliot

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2005, 03:22:03 PM »

When we choose to forgive the victory is attainable. When bad things happen, good CAN come out of it! Romans 8:28 declares it is so! My life declares it is so and I am not alone in that statement. So many people have looked evil in the face and said, "I will find good in this." Some times the evil and bad things are changed or converted or whatever and sometimes it is US that is changed. But ALL things work for good and can bring about change for the good. - Elizabeth Fabiani

If your reputation is perfectly intact on every front, if you never irritate anyone, if you never make a stir, you might be doing something wrong - or more likely, you're not doing something right. "Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for in the same way their fathers used to treat the false prophets" (Luke 6:26). The Bible has a crystal clear promise: All who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Tim. 3:12). If we never experience persecution, if we never make a single soul angry (as Christ often did), something is probably wrong. - R Terry

dcyple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2005, 05:33:33 AM »

Ism, shows how well he does with the english laguage, he forgot the L and A
Itsthejourney

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2005, 08:45:17 PM »

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2005, 08:48:40 PM »

"I never slept with that...woman!"
Billy Clinton
The father of progressive morality

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Itsthejourney

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2005, 09:51:57 AM »

"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11." [President Bush, 9/17/03]
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2005, 10:31:40 AM »

<snicker>
 Lips Sealed

A fool and his money are soon elected.
Will Rogers

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2005, 12:21:37 AM »

* "The Constitution is a written instrument. As such, its meaning does not alter. That which it meant when it was adopted, it means now."
          -- South Carolina v. United States, 199 U.S. 437, 448 (1905)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength
from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto
death."          ---Thomas Paine

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2005, 03:52:06 PM »

"We all share the love of peace, but our sons and daughters must learn two lessons men everywhere and in every time have had to learn; that the price of freedom is dear but not nearly so costly as the loss of freedom---and that the advance and continuation of civilization depend on those values for which men have always been willing to die."       ---Ronald Reagan

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2005, 02:35:40 AM »

"You can't say you love your country and hate your government."
Bill Clinton, 1995

I could now go into a long-winded tirade concerning the hypocrisy of the left.  But I'll stifle myself.  

Those who have ears let them hear.  

JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2005, 02:48:53 AM »

"YOU CAN'T SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS AND STILL HATE WHAT THEY ARE DOING" The U.S. Military Personell.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the