Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who?  (Read 11538 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2005, 06:11:38 PM »

Share International announced that their Feast of Tabernacles will be held in Sept., 2005, in Albuquerque, NM, and that Christ will be there conducting private meetings with seekers.  They suggest that all who want to meet Christ and are seeking truth should make arrangements quickly, because not only will Christ be overwhelmed by seekers, things on the world stage are moving rapidly toward the cosmic realization of oneness.

The one called Christ (by Benjamin Creme and others) is also known as Maitreya, an ascended master who is the embodiment in these last days of all of the prior masters (including but not limited to: Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Muhammed, Mormo, Raganathapan, and a few others). He is also the same person who has allegedly been appearing at Christian crusades in Nigeria, and in churches ranging from Romania to Chicago. According to Reinhard Bohnke, he has been to some of his crusades, and Benny Hinn is expecting him to come to one (or more) of his.

"...and when they say Christ is here, or Christ is there, do not believe them....do not go..."

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 06:16:38 PM »

"...and when they say Christ is here, or Christ is there, do not believe them....do not go..."

Amen, Evangilist,

I thought of the same verse before I even got halfway through the first paragraph.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:58:34 AM »

Share International announced that their Feast of Tabernacles will be held in Sept., 2005, in Albuquerque, NM, and that Christ will be there conducting private meetings with seekers.  They suggest that all who want to meet Christ and are seeking truth should make arrangements quickly, because not only will Christ be overwhelmed by seekers, things on the world stage are moving rapidly toward the cosmic realization of oneness.

The one called Christ (by Benjamin Creme and others) is also known as Maitreya, an ascended master who is the embodiment in these last days of all of the prior masters (including but not limited to: Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Muhammed, Mormo, Raganathapan, and a few others). He is also the same person who has allegedly been appearing at Christian crusades in Nigeria, and in churches ranging from Romania to Chicago. According to Reinhard Bohnke, he has been to some of his crusades, and Benny Hinn is expecting him to come to one (or more) of his.

Bro Hank,
          THanks for the info, darn I think am I sick that week end... Tongue
      Can you tell me any thing about this Reinhard Bohnke? I bought a video of a man raised back to life during one of his cursades.

musicllover
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 02:10:26 AM »

Jesus warned that in the last days there will arise counterfeit Christs who would masquerade as the Messiah and claim to be the savior of the world. Matthew 24:4-5 Jesus answered;  "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.”

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:25:11 AM »

I must be out of the loop.  Never heard of the guy.  The one being called Christ, not the real Jesus I know and love, mind you... Cheesy Smiley  

The end is near I'm a thinkin'!!!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 11:33:56 AM »

I must be out of the loop.  Never heard of the guy.  The one being called Christ, not the real Jesus I know and love, mind you... Cheesy Smiley  

Out of the loop?  Nah!  Just loopy!! Grin

Since about 1993, Share Int'l has been taking out occasional full page ads in various large cities announcing the "arrival of the Christ", and forthcoming appearances.  Run a web search for Maitreya or Benjamin Creme, his ardent supporter. You'll be amazed.

And yes, the end is near.  Jesus began his Olivet discourse with "be not deceived..." and ended with an example of the deception, that being claims that Christ is come.  In the middle got stuck all the other stuff about wars, pestilence, famines, etc., but He also said "...don't worry, the end is not quite yet...", then proceeded to (imo) tell us what the really big indidcator was.  Paul echoed that exactly in Thess. with the statement concerning apostasy.

That apostasy is evident in so many of the "leading" televangelists and their proclamations either about being "little Christ's on this earth" or how Christ is appearing to Arabs, or is going to be in one of their crusades.

And the church sleeps on.......and buys into it.  Cry

BroHank
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 11:54:20 AM »

Bro Hank,
          THanks for the info, darn I think am I sick that week end... Tongue
      Can you tell me any thing about this Reinhard Bohnke? I bought a video of a man raised back to life during one of his cursades.

ML....Bonnke is a german evangelist that has been spending all his time in Africa. His "crusades" are aimed predominately at healing and miracles, although he claims many conversions. He at one point spoke to over 1 million at one time in a stadium in Nigeria. During 2003, I think it was, he claimed over 9 million conversions.

Althought there have been many claims of healings, and even the dead being brought back, there has been absolutely no corroboration.

This link http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/bonnke_raisedpastor.asp gives some of the story.

This link http://www.moriel.org/discernment/pastor_raised_from_dead_at_rheinhard_bonnke_event.htm gives more.

And yet another: http://www.letusreason.org/popteac13.htm

BroHank
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 02:03:27 PM »

Out of the loop?  Nah!  Just loopy!! Grin

Since about 1993, Share Int'l has been taking out occasional full page ads in various large cities announcing the "arrival of the Christ", and forthcoming appearances.  Run a web search for Maitreya or Benjamin Creme, his ardent supporter. You'll be amazed.

And yes, the end is near.  Jesus began his Olivet discourse with "be not deceived..." and ended with an example of the deception, that being claims that Christ is come.  In the middle got stuck all the other stuff about wars, pestilence, famines, etc., but He also said "...don't worry, the end is not quite yet...", then proceeded to (imo) tell us what the really big indidcator was.  Paul echoed that exactly in Thess. with the statement concerning apostasy.

That apostasy is evident in so many of the "leading" televangelists and their proclamations either about being "little Christ's on this earth" or how Christ is appearing to Arabs, or is going to be in one of their crusades.

And the church sleeps on.......and buys into it.  Cry

hehe...he said I'm loopy!  True... Grin

I've heard of the Maitreya fella before, but ignored him because I know the truth.  That, and I'm of an opinion that I'll be long gone before the real antichrist comes into power.

But there are alot of believers, who have a hard time discerning.  Cry

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 02:03:27 PM »

What a coincidence...After I read this thread this morning I went upstairs and turned on our local Christian channel, and lo and behold - The Benny Hinn show was on and his guest? Bonkers himself. I don't know what it is, but, when I watch Hinn I just can't believe he is of God...same think for Bonkers. I don't trust either of them.

When I first posted this Bohnke raising the dead story several months back, I had watched it on another "Christian" show called the 700 Club, which I don't normally watch as I don't trust them either, however, when I was flipping through channels the story caught my attention, and I posted it.

Now I'm hearing that these sideshow Bob's are claiming that Jesus has been appearing at various locations around the world! I didn't see Him, and that's proof positive He hasn't arrived...

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

This is just one verse of many others which prove Jesus hasn't returned...yet. How can these bozos claim to be ministers of God and not understand these verses?

Benny Sinn and Reinhard Bunk!

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 02:45:11 PM »

How can these bozos claim to be ministers of God and not understand these verses?

Ministers of a FALSE god that are blinded to the truth of the Word of God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 02:49:14 PM »

I know that Maitreya is a false christ so my comment has absolutely nothing to do with him or his followers.

My question is how does John 14:12-14 fit in today with the miracles that are supposedly happening?  12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."

Shouldn't we, as followers of Christ, be doing these things in His name?  Shouldn't miracles be commonplace?

Anybody?   Any thoughts?

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 03:32:44 PM »

It is kind of sad that the church buys in to this false teaching. Any sensible student of the Word who will take the time to do the reasearch with an open mind and heart, will see, plainly i might add, that Christ won't step foot back on this earth until He comes in Glory and descends upon the mount of Olives at the END of the Tribulation period with His Glorious Appearing i.e. our Blessed HOPE!!! I know that might irk some Christians out there, but i urge you, get in the Word and look at it in the context it was written. It may take you learning Hebrew, or Greek, but the Truths that will be revealed will be life-changing... I pray that those who are left in the church who still adhere to God's Word, will stand up and re-claim that which is God's instead of that which is "maitreya's" Nowhere is Jesus' name maitreya. HE IS THE ALMIGHTY, HIS NAME IS YESHUA, HE IS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORD, AND HE SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER!!!! So now, can the maitreya claim that. NO! He shall recieve his reward for claiming he is Christ....and his reward isn't going to be pretty. God Bless.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 04:28:41 PM »

I know that Maitreya is a false christ so my comment has absolutely nothing to do with him or his followers.

My question is how does John 14:12-14 fit in today with the miracles that are supposedly happening?  12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."

Shouldn't we, as followers of Christ, be doing these things in His name?  Shouldn't miracles be commonplace?

Anybody?   Any thoughts?

Two things, Cris....first being that most people don't read Deut. 13 very closely. While the sign of a true prophet is given as "what they say comes to pass...", a little later on God also says that He will ALLOW a false prophet to have signs and miracles happen TO TEST the believer, because what the false prophet is saying leads AWAY from God.

This is very true in most of what is being done today in His name by these false teachers and "prophets."  They emphasize the kingdom of self ( I can have anything because I'm a child of God), and replace Christ's sacrifice with self-sacrifice.

Secondly, there are miracles happening....you just don't hear about them because they aren't fake, they aren't plastered all over TV and radio and are not being exploited for the purpose of building up somebodys ministry or name.

I've seen a few.  Grin

BroHank
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 04:35:54 PM »

It is kind of sad that the church buys in to this false teaching. Any sensible student of the Word who will take the time to do the reasearch with an open mind and heart, will see, plainly i might add, that Christ won't step foot back on this earth until He comes in Glory and descends upon the mount of Olives at the END of the Tribulation period with His Glorious Appearing i.e. our Blessed HOPE!!! I know that might irk some Christians out there, but i urge you, get in the Word and look at it in the context it was written. It may take you learning Hebrew, or Greek, but the Truths that will be revealed will be life-changing... I pray that those who are left in the church who still adhere to God's Word, will stand up and re-claim that which is God's instead of that which is "maitreya's" Nowhere is Jesus' name maitreya. HE IS THE ALMIGHTY, HIS NAME IS YESHUA, HE IS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORD, AND HE SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER!!!! So now, can the maitreya claim that. NO! He shall recieve his reward for claiming he is Christ....and his reward isn't going to be pretty. God Bless.

Joshua

Hi Joshua.

Who ever said that Christians were sensible?  Huh

Obviously, we differ on the timing of His return, but I won't go into that. I will ask though, if you have done a serious look at "the blessed hope?"
Scripture seems to indicate it as being something a little different from the "Glorious Appearing," although there is a connection with the event.

BroHank
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 04:53:55 PM »

Anybody?   Any thoughts?

Two things, Cris....first being that most people don't read Deut. 13 very closely. While the sign of a true prophet is given as "what they say comes to pass...", a little later on God also says that He will ALLOW a false prophet to have signs and miracles happen TO TEST the believer, because what the false prophet is saying leads AWAY from God.

This is very true in most of what is being done today in His name by these false teachers and "prophets."  They emphasize the kingdom of self ( I can have anything because I'm a child of God), and replace Christ's sacrifice with self-sacrifice.

Secondly, there are miracles happening....you just don't hear about them because they aren't fake, they aren't plastered all over TV and radio and are not being exploited for the purpose of building up somebodys ministry or name.

I've seen a few.
 Grin

Amen, to that Evangelist!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the