Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 182017 times)
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2005, 11:46:55 AM »

Hey sixpack

I'm a newbie to the forum. As I have skimmed through many of the posts, your "is Jesus God" post and the various replies caught my eye. As Paul prayed for the Ephesians, I pray for you...that you would receive a "spirit of wisdom and revelation".

Many of the replies to your post were well written and well thought out. I will not repeat the blatant, obvious and overwhelming scriptural authentications of the deity of Christ.

Brother...the Bible is but deep weeds for the intellectual...you go there in your analytical mind with pre-suppositions at the fore and you simply walk through a small room out a door and find yourself (emphasis on self) in an alley out back.

What are you waiting for sixpack? When I realized that God would never have left us with a weak and questionable word and when I chose to appoach this beautiful word with reverence, and with the full confidence that it lives and breathes, I began to taste of Christ on every page. The Scripture is blessed beyond description, It is closed to the fleshly wisdom of man.. "The words I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are life".

Bairn

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »

Hey sixpack

I'm a newbie to the forum. As I have skimmed through many of the posts, your "is Jesus God" post and the various replies caught my eye. As Paul prayed for the Ephesians, I pray for you...that you would receive a "spirit of wisdom and revelation".

Many of the replies to your post were well written and well thought out. I will not repeat the blatant, obvious and overwhelming scriptural authentications of the deity of Christ.

Brother...the Bible is but deep weeds for the intellectual...you go there in your analytical mind with pre-suppositions at the fore and you simply walk through a small room out a door and find yourself (emphasis on self) in an alley out back.

What are you waiting for sixpack? When I realized that God would never have left us with a weak and questionable word and when I chose to appoach this beautiful word with reverence, and with the full confidence that it lives and breathes, I began to taste of Christ on every page. The Scripture is blessed beyond description, It is closed to the fleshly wisdom of man.. "The words I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are life".

Bairn

Amen!  Excellent first post Bairn.  Welcome to CU!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2005, 11:11:41 PM »

Hey sixpack

Bairn

Amen!  Excellent first post Bairn.  Welcome to CU!

Grace and Peace!

Amen and amen!
asaph

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2005, 04:03:05 AM »

Hey sixpack

Bairn

Amen. I wrote a topic about 'Receiving the Word of God.' Maybe you should add to that since you have tasted the Lord.

1 Peter 2:2-3
As newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word in order that by it you may grow unto salvation,

If you have tasted that the Lord is good.

You know, I use to approach the Word of God intellectually. (this was about the time God started to change me...http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=6140) I use to use so much reasoning. My writing was probably better too at the time...but I've learned to take the Word of God as my true daily bread. It is true that 'man does not live on bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God'.

You know how we live?

The bread of life is Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God.

John 6:35
Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall by no means hunger, and he who believes into Me shall by no means ever thirst.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God

John 1:14
And the Word BECAME FLESH and tabernacled among us (and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 04:04:00 AM by felix102 » Logged
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2005, 10:25:43 AM »

Felix, Thanks for the "amen".

You wrote:

You know, I use to approach the Word of God intellectually. (this was about the time God started to change me...http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=6140)

I read the post at the link above. Right on target my friend. How amazing it is that this divine word is hidden from the spiritless intellect. I was just enjoying this morning, that Christ is all and in all. (col. 3:11)…He is The Word (John 1) and He is The Spirit (2cor. 3:17). How glorious ….this bread of life is “Hidden Manna” (rev. 2:17).

I’m a little wobbly on my navigation here in the forum. How do I find your post: “Receiving The Word”?

p.s. what is "I'm a llama" about?

Agape
Bairn
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 10:29:43 AM by Bairn » Logged

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2005, 09:30:50 PM »

Hey bairn!

the topic 'Receiving the Word of God' is under general theology

or this link

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=7123

Im not sure what 'I'm a llama' means. Maybe that's a settle way to indicate that you're a newbie. I had that for a while when I joined.
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2005, 08:39:15 AM »

You are correct Felix. From what I've gathered, "I'm a llama" is just the default message signifying people are newbies. Very good postings on your recent thread felix. Very good posts again brothers. Bairn, welcome to CU. I'm Joshua, and i'll be glad to help you with whatever it is you desire and to the best of my ability.

I have been extremely busy here as of late and havn't been able to sit down and post stuff for wuite a while. I've already written another sermon and a study that i've not been able to post on here, plus i'm getting ready to write up the second part to my study...lol. That's just how busy i've been as of late. That's not to say I havn't been reading it, i have, but i've not had the time lately to type out responses and do the research at that time. I hope ya'll forgive me, and i'll start getting caught up. God Bless.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
john vencer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2005, 03:20:59 PM »

Jury

What is logically inconsistent with a pre-existing Christ during the time of the patriarchs?  He is God so he exists outside of time and space as well?  It would only be illogical if your base presuposition is a human christ existing in a specific point in time.

-In response to "I AM"

You still have not answered the context of Christ answering using the terms "I Am" especially in the jewish context.  In every instance of his answer the jews either were ready to stone him or considered him blasphemous because Jesus was equating himself to God.  You claim that is not what Christ meant, but the people certainly thought so.

Your line of reasoning is Jesus used the terms "I Am" to signify foreknowledge. However you still have not answered the problem this posses.  In the context of any of those passages, the jews of the day interpreted to mean Christ was equating himself to God.  

If Jesus was only God's choosen vessel then how could he have lied?  He could have set them straight and explained it to them, that would be consistent with the stance of a holy man from God but he didn't.  So based on your arguments Christ lied by ommission.  If that is the case then how could Christ have been the chosen one if he sinned?

To be intellectually consistent with your argument you must be willing to take your arguments to its logical conclusion.  Based on your presuppositions you cannot make the claim that Christ was the chosen one and yet deny his deity and still maintain the logical cohesion of your arguments.  If he was the chosen one then he must tell the truth, yet based on your argument your christ lied to the jewish people, lied to his followers and is lying now. How can a liar be the chosen lamb of God?

The question of the ages still is who do YOU say is Christ?
john vencer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »

PS I am definitely a Illama
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2005, 02:44:54 PM »

The Holy Trinity - Part 1

This is a beautiful portion of Scripture that speaks volumes.

John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14:4  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
John 14:5  Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:7  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
John 14:8  Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
John 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:11  Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 14:13  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 14:14  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
John 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:19  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
John 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
John 14:22  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 14:25  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:28  Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
John 14:29  And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
John 14:30  Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
John 14:31  But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
____________________  See Part 2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2005, 02:52:42 PM »

The Holy Trinity - Part 2

First, the real meat of this portion of precious Scripture is spoken by Jesus Christ Himself, our Lord and Saviour. It is one of the most powerful and revealing portions of Scripture in the Holy Bible. The Majesty and Truth of the Holy Trinity is revealed.

Jesus is talking to His disciples about going away, and the disciples' hearts are troubled.

One of the first key portion of this passage is when Jesus says, "ye believe in God, believe also in me." in verse 1.

The second key portion of this passage is verse 6 and 7: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." Jesus clearly states that if they have known and seen Him, they have also known and seen the Father.

However, Philip still questions Jesus and says, "show us the Father, and it sufficeth us." The reply of Jesus is the next key portion of Scripture in verses 9, 10, and 11:  "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake." The answer of Jesus couldn't be more clear. It makes me wonder why those who were so close to Jesus would have such questions.

The next key portion of Scripture reveals the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Holy Trinity, the three being ONE - Almighty GOD!:  "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

If there is any remaining doubt, Jesus addresses it by saying, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." Could there be a more powerful statement than this? Yet, do the disciples really understand that Jesus and the Father are ONE, that they will be in Jesus, and Jesus will be in them? How will Jesus be in them if not by the Holy Spirit? Jesus will make it clear that His presence in them will be by the Holy Spirit. It may not be clear to the disciples yet, but Jesus is the Father and the Holy Spirit. This is a difficult fact to understand, and it is still difficult to understand 2,000 years later. Almighty God is: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and the Three are ONE!

The next key portion speaks of "The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost," in verse 26. The Holy Ghost is another name for he Holy Spirit: "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

It is important to note that Jesus is telling his disciples things that will come to pass. Jesus makes it clear that He is foretelling them these things so that they will believe it in verses 28 and 29:  "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe." I am reflecting on what it would have been like to have been there with Jesus and see and hear all of the mighty signs and wonders designed to make men see and believe. But, there would be many more signs and wonders, and everything Jesus told them would come to pass. The greatest Truth would be the CROSS, Jesus arising from the dead, Jesus ascending back to Heaven, and the presence of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of believers that Jesus promised.

It would be possible to have many beautiful Bible studies on John 14. I just addressed some highlights of John 14, the TRUTH AND ABSOLUTE REALITY OF THE HOLY TRINITY! There are a host of other portions of Scripture that address the same TRUTH, but I think this one is particularly beautiful.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Peter 1:18-19  Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

GodWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »

If you think Jesus is God, then who is sitting at the right hand of God?

Mark 16, verse 19 (NIV)

19 When the Lord Jesus finished speaking to them, he was taken up into heaven. He sat down at the right hand of God.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2005, 07:03:38 PM »

Mark 16, verse 19 (NIV)

19 When the Lord Jesus finished speaking to them, he was taken up into heaven. He sat down at the right hand of God.

I know you've heard the term "trinity" you obviously can not, or will not understand it.

Who do you think Jesus is? an angel? a created being?

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2005, 08:04:30 PM »

GodWarrior,

It isn't simply a matter of what I think, rather what the Holy Bible teaches from cover to cover. I believe the Holy Bible, so it's a matter of what I know beyond any doubt - JESUS IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR! The absolute same is true for the Holy Spirit. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit have always been ONE with no beginning and no end - ALMIGHTY GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2005, 11:29:48 PM »

Posted scripture by Mr. BEP:
Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
How can we ever match your love, Father? Praise You, Father, for Your personal sacrifice for us and your Spirit living within us.  Lord God - You became mortal to suffer and conquer man's iniquities and You are the Spirit living in our hearts.  The depth of your love and forgiveness cannot be comprehended by us.  Thank you, Jesus, for Your unending, unmatchable love.
Amen.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the