Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:47:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 181980 times)
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2005, 08:30:31 AM »

Based on your contention i'm going to make these statements:

1. Jesus is fully God and fully Man. When I say God I refer directly to the Father as well, however, I also acknowledge that Jesus is also a part of God. Equal to God the Father in nature, but subordinate in responsibilities. If Jesus Christ, was only a MAN, then why didn't God choose someone else to be the 'savior'. In the OT, if you've read the book of Isaiah, you'll notice particulary in chapters 40-52 i believe, a major difference. Note the Lord says quite a bit that "I am the Lord, the only one, there are no others beside me" God is also referred to numerous times in the OT that He is the Savior. Now how is it that Christ is the Savior, and God is the savior, if the two aren't the same? Doesn't make sense to me. It seems like a bit of duality. That there are two saviors...according to your contention. Here i'll post a few of the Scriptures.

Psalm 25:5

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you God are MY SAVIOR, my hope is in you all day long.

(Note: If you'll remember in the NT, i believe our HOPE is in Christ Jesus. I may be stretching a bit here, but if David's hope was in God, and our Hope is in Christ Jesus, If i remember correctly, OT saints and NT believers share the common hope)

here's another one:

Isaiah 43:3

For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, YOUR SAVIOR; I gave egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 43:11

I, even I, am the Lord, beside me there is no Savior

(Note who is speaking there, it is God Almighty. He is claiming that He is the Savior, and according to Him, there is no other Savior. Yet you still say that Jesus still died on the Cross for our sins.)

Again, I ask you, how is it that if Jesus was not God, that He had the power to forgive sins that had been committed against God Himself. No mere man can forgive the sins of another man that has been committed against God Himself. It's impossible because we are sinners!!! Jesus was perfect, that alone attests to His deity. Again, it is a concept that Jesus is God, all you gotta do is read John 1:1-14. That's clear in itself. If you know a bit of  greek you'll learn that the language is emphasized, meaning John the Apostle thought He was God, as well as Paul in His Epistles. Again, it doesn't have to be word for word that Jesus said "I am God" even though He came close to saying that more than once. Of course, i'm sure you know of John 10:30 where it says "I and my Father are one" Signifying equality with the Father, in nature, and deity. I can get alot more in depth about thist, but I don't have the time. I'm going to have to cut it short here.

God Bless

Joshua

(Oh yea, you're debating a 17 year old...so I ain't shying away that easily Grin)

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Jury

Always an X-Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2005, 01:50:55 AM »

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you God are MY SAVIOR, my hope is in you all day long.

(Note: If you'll remember in the NT, i believe our HOPE is in Christ Jesus. I may be stretching a bit here, but if David's hope was in God, and our Hope is in Christ Jesus, If i remember correctly, OT saints and NT believers share the common hope)

(Note who is speaking there, it is God Almighty. He is claiming that He is the Savior, and according to Him, there is no other Savior. Yet you still say that Jesus still died on the Cross for our sins.)

Again, I ask you, how is it that if Jesus was not God, that He had the power to forgive sins that had been committed against God Himself. No mere man can forgive the sins of another man that has been committed against God Himself. It's impossible because we are sinners!!! Jesus was perfect, that alone attests to His deity. Again, it is a concept that Jesus is God, all you gotta do is read John 1:1-14. That's clear in itself. If you know a bit of  greek you'll learn that the language is emphasized, meaning John the Apostle thought He was God, as well as Paul in His Epistles. Again, it doesn't have to be word for word that Jesus said "I am God" even though He came close to saying that more than once. Of course, i'm sure you know of John 10:30 where it says "I and my Father are one" Signifying equality with the Father, in nature, and deity. I can get alot more in depth about thist, but I don't have the time. I'm going to have to cut it short here.

God Bless

Joshua

(Oh yea, you're debating a 17 year old...so I ain't shying away that easily Grin)

I am not against what the Biblical pronouncement that God our Father is indeed the Lord and Savior. But this authority is inherent to Him. UNLIKE Jesus, He was given by God the authorities in heaven and on earth. That's why He became Lord and Savior. He was made by God Lord and Savior.

"Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
Mark 2:5-7

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic,
"Son, your sins are forgiven."
Now some teachers of the law were sitting there,
thinking to themselves, "Why does this fellow talk like that?
He's blaspheming!
Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

Mark 2:5-7 (NIV)

Yes. God is the only one who can forgive sins. But if Jesus is not God, how can He forgive sins?

Jesus Christ Himself clarifies such query in the succeeding verses.

Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts,
and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things?
Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, `Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, `Get up, take your mat and walk'?
But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...."
He said to the paralytic, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."

Mark 2:8-11, (NIV)

As emphasized, Jesus Christ according to Himself, declared that He has the authority on earth to forgive sins.

How did He gain this authority?

Then Jesus came and spoke to them,
saying,

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Matthew 28:18, (NKJV)

And who gave Him all the authority in heaven and on earth?

My Father has given me everything, and he is the only one who knows the Son.
The only one who truly knows the Father is the Son.
But the Son wants to tell others about the Father,
so that they can know him too.

Matthew 11:27 (Contemporary English Version)

Clearly, it is the Father (the only true God) who gave Christ the authority to forgive sins. If Jesus Christ is God, He don't need to be given such authority because all authorities are God inherently (the very sense of being omnipotent).

Now, you cited John 10:30:

Of course, i'm sure you know of John 10:30 where it says "I and my Father are one" Signifying equality with the Father, in nature, and deity.

Are you sure this is what the passage is dealing about? May I ask what your contention is by citing John 10:30? I suggest you read both preceding and succeeding verse of John 10:30.

Smiley

This only shows your weakness, Bronzesnake...

John 17:1-3 "Father... this is eternal life, that they may know YOU, the Only True God..."

Smiley
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2005, 08:25:39 AM »

Oh, I've read John 10:30 and the precedeing and succeeding verses after it. Smiley  It plainly talks about Christ as the good shepherd. It also talks about His Father being a good shepherd as well. So they're both good shepherds. I know verywell what it is saying in John 10:30. You can't much more plainer than that.

Joh 10:30  εγω και ο πατηρ εν εσμεν

There's the greek for you, I hope it comes out good! LOL. Here's a bit of info concerning this verse:

Our language admits not of the precision of the original in this great saying. “Are” is in the masculine gender - “we (two persons) are”; while “one” is neuter - “one thing.” Perhaps “one interest” expresses, as nearly as may be, the purport of the saying. There seemed to be some contradiction between His saying they had been given by His Father into His own hands, out of which they could not be plucked, and then saying that none could pluck them out of His Father’s hands, as if they had not been given out of them. “Neither have they,” says He; “though He has given them to Me, they are as much in His own almighty hands as ever - they cannot be, and when given to Me they are not, given away from Himself; for HE AND I HAVE ALL IN COMMON.” Thus it will be seen, that, though oneness of essence is not the precise thing here affirmed, that truth is the basis of what is affirmed, without which it would not be true. And Augustine was right in saying the “We are” condemns the Sabellians (who denied the distinction of Persons in the Godhead), while the “one” (as explained) condemns the Arians (who denied the unity of their essence).

(James Fausset Brown Commentary)

As for your "Son of Man" comment...I'll let Scofield expound on that, he's done hours upon hours more research than I and is more qualified to expound.

Our Lord thus designates Himself about eighty times. It is His racial name as the representative Man, in the sense of (1Co_15:45-47) as Son of David is distinctly his Jewish name, and Son of God His divine name. Our Lord constantly uses this term as implying that his mission (for example); (Mat_11:19); (Luk_19:10). His death and resurrection (for example); (Mat_12:40); (Mat_20:18); (Mat_26:2) and His second coming (for example); (Mat_24:37-44); (Luk_12:40) transcended in scope and result all merely Jewish imitations. When Nathanael confesses him as "King of Israel," our Lord's answer is, "Thou shalt see greater things. . . The angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man." When His messengers are cast out by the Jews, His thought leaps forward to the time when the Son of man shall come, not then to Israel only but to the race; (Mat_10:5-6); (Mat_8:23). It is in this name, also, that universal judgment is committed to Him (Joh_5:22-27). It is also a name indicating that in Him is fulfilled the Old Testament foreview of blessing through a coming man.

Notice that Jesus is called the Son of Man because of His lineage to the throne of David. That's evident even to the most lowly of Bible students. Just a few thoughts. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2005, 08:36:52 AM »

Also, I found a bit of commentary on my post about Phillipians. I think it might be beneficial for this discussion.

Philippians 2:6 translates:  “Who subsisting (or existing, namely, originally: the Greek is not the simple substantive verb, ‘to be’) in the form of God (the divine essence is not meant: but the external self-manifesting characteristics of God, the form shining forth from His glorious essence). The divine nature had infinite BEAUTY in itself, even without any creature contemplating that beauty: that beauty was ‘the form of God’; as ‘the form of a servant’ (Phi_2:7), which is in contrasted opposition to it, takes for granted the existence of His human nature, so ‘the form of God’ takes for granted His divine nature [Bengel], Compare Joh_5:37; Joh_17:5; Col_1:15, ‘Who is the IMAGE of the invisible God’ at a time before ‘every creature,’ 2Co_4:4, esteemed (the same Greek verb as in Phi_2:3) His being on an equality with God no (act of) robbery” or self-arrogation; claiming to one’s self what does not belong to him. Ellicott, Wahl, and others have translated, “A thing to be grasped at,” which would require the Greek to be harpagma, whereas harpagmos means the act of seizing. So harpagmos means in the only other passage where it occurs, Plutarch [On the Education of Children, 120]. The same insuperable objection lies against Alford’s translation, “He regarded not as self-enrichment (that is, an opportunity for self-exaltation) His equality with God.” His argument is that the antithesis (Phi_2:7) requires it, “He used His equality with God as an opportunity, not for self-exaltation, but for self-abasement, or emptying Himself.” But the antithesis is not between His being on an equality with God, and His emptying Himself; for He never emptied Himself of the fullness of His Godhead, or His “BEING on an equality with God”; but between His being “in the FORM (that is, the outward glorious self-manifestation) of God,” and His “taking on Him the form of a servant,” whereby He in a great measure emptied Himself of His precedent “form,” or outward self-manifesting glory as God. Not “looking on His own things” (Phi_2:4), He, though existing in the form of God, He esteemed it no robbery to be on an equality with God, yet made Himself of no reputation. “Being on an equality with God, is not identical with subsisting in the form of God”; the latter expresses the external characteristics, majesty, and beauty of the Deity, which “He emptied Himself of,” to assume “the form of a servant”; the former, “HIS BEING,” or NATURE, His already existing STATE OF EQUALITY with God, both the Father and the Son having the same ESSENCE. A glimpse of Him “in the form of God,” previous to His incarnation, was given to Moses (Exo_24:10, Exo_24:11), Aaron, etc.
made himself of no reputation, and ... and — rather as the Greek, “emptied Himself, taking upon him the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men.” The two latter clauses (there being no conjunctions, “and ... and,” in the Greek) expresses in what Christ’s “emptying of Himself” consists, namely, in “taking the form of a servant” (see on Heb_10:5; compare Exo_21:5, Exo_21:6, and Psa_40:6, proving that it was at the time when He assumed a body, He took “the form of a servant”), and in order to explain how He took “the form of a servant,” there is added, by “being made in the likeness of men.” His subjection to the law (Luk_2:21; Gal_4:4) and to His parents (Luk_2:51), His low state as a carpenter, and carpenter’s reputed son (Mat_13:55; Mar_6:3), His betrayal for the price of a bond-servant (Exo_21:32), and slave-like death to relieve us from the slavery of sin and death, finally and chiefly, His servant-like dependence as man on God, while His divinity was not outwardly manifested (Isa_49:3, Isa_49:7), are all marks of His “form as a servant.” This proves: (1) He was in the form of a servant as soon as He was made man. (2) He was “in the form of God” before He was “in the form of a servant.” (3) He did as really subsist in the divine nature, as in the form of a servant, or in the nature of man. For He was as much “in the form of God” as “in the form of a servant”; and was so in the form of God as “to be on an equality with God”; He therefore could have been none other than God; for God saith, “To whom will ye liken Me and make Me equal?” (Isa_46:5), [Bishop Pearson]. His emptying Himself presupposes His previous plenitude of Godhead (Joh_1:14; Col_1:19; Col_2:9). He remained full of this; yet He bore Himself as if He were empty.

I figured i'd throw that out there for those who really wanna get into it. God Bless!

Joshua

Jury

Always an X-Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2005, 02:11:07 AM »

So, that's all? Maybe, for now.

You didn't even comment on my post regarding how can Jesus forgive sins. Maybe, it's clear for you for now.

We'll take John 10:30 first.

I've read your contention regarding the passage.

But you haven't emphasized why did Jesus said "I and My Father are one."

There must be reasons.

Again, in what sense are Jesus and Father one?
Focus first, which is important, on the discussion going on in that particular moment.

By saying "I and My Father are one", we cannot directly conclude that Jesus has meant that He and His Father are one God. However, those who have heard those words thought that Jesus was claiming to be God Hmself.

Actually, Jesus rebuked them. Jesus was not claiming He is God Himself.

Now, in what sense are Jesus and His Father one? I like to hear this from you.

Thank you.

Jury
Wink

John 17:1-3 "Father... this is eternal life, that they may know YOU, the Only True God..."

Smiley
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2005, 03:40:01 PM »

Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.  But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.  I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.  Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.   No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father.  And this is the promise that he made to us--eternal life.
       I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.  But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything--and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you--abide in him.

1 John 2:18-27

Since the beginning, men have sought to separate the Son from the Father in many ways; either from denying the deity of the Son or the equality or eternality, or from basic, foundational doctrine of the Holy Trinity.  Some have become confused by these lies, and have a hard time seeing the truth.  I trust that those denying the Godhead of Jesus Christ herein are the latter and not the former.  

Jesus Christ is, has been, and always will be God-very-God.  He was made flesh.  He has always been the great I AM.  The same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  The Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  Creator.  Upholder.  King.  Christ.  God.  Man.  Son.  God-very-God.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2005, 04:44:11 PM »

Jury,

One would have to ignore both the Old Testament and the New Testament of the Holy Bible to believe that Jesus Christ was not and is not Almighty God - The Creator. A host of Scriptures has already been posted here that proves this fact, so it isn't a matter of debate.

It's really a matter of whether you:

Believe what the Holy Bible most clearly and obviously states;

Believe and have faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

Many false religions and false cults teach that Jesus was just a man, just anything other than Almighty God, or just a myth. We are really talking about your eternal position: either lost and going to hell for eternal punishment or Saved by the Precious Blood of JESUS and spending eternity with HIM in Heaven.

Jury, this is the most serious question of your life. Most of us here have already answered this question and belong completely to JESUS forever. Jesus Christ did die a most horrible death on the CROSS for us over 2,000 years ago, but HE arose from the dead and is our LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR - ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR. Your disagreement will not change this absolute fact, nor will it have any impact on anyone but you. The impact your decision has on you is horrendous, the most important decision of your entire life.

Today is a good day to accept JESUS CHRIST as your personal Lord and Saviour. Tomorrow may be too late.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1st Timothy 4:10  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Galatians 4:4-7  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Revelation 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Colossians 2:8-10  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2005, 04:57:58 PM »

Jury,

Isaiah 53 is a beautiful portion of Scripture in the Old Testament. It speaks volumes, and there is no doubt at all that Isaiah is foretelling the most precious event in human history: JESUS AND THE CROSS. This is just a small sample.

Isaiah 53:1  Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isaiah 53:2  For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isaiah 53:3  He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isaiah 53:4  Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isaiah 53:5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:7  He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isaiah 53:8  He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isaiah 53:9  And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isaiah 53:10  Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isaiah 53:11  He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:12  Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

It's very sad that many still reject our Precious Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

cephas

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2005, 06:48:24 PM »

I was at the depths of despair in my life....I went to a healing service at a local church in my town. I knelt there for a long time in the pews,thinking of leaving. I didn't think God could use someone like me. I prayed for an answer from him. I then was like in a deep sleep but wasn't. I saw Jesus staring at me. He had the crown of thorns in his head and was bleeding.His face was beaten.He looked right into my eyes and said " why aren't you following me?". That's all he said.I opened my eyes to relize I was still kneeling there in the church. I went up and recieved the holy spirit that day.
    I tell you this because I know from what I saw;that Jesus is the only begotten son of God. Jesus is one with God and the Holy Spirit.Thank you Lord for changing my life that day.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2005, 07:04:56 PM »

Amen, blackeyedpeas, understanding who Jesus is tantamount to our Salvation.

Jury, there are many verses telling us who Jesus is that man has taken and twisted to their own understanding.

There is nothing more clear than:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

To see and understand these verses is to understand what Jesus meant in the following verses.

Joh 8:23  And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24  I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2005, 12:15:16 AM »

Clearly, it is the Father (the only true God) who gave Christ the authority to forgive sins. If Jesus Christ is God, He don't need to be given such authority because all authorities are God inherently (the very sense of being omnipotent).
You forget that Jesus is the last Adam. He is also the second Man.
The second Man is the God/Man made up of the Lord Spirit and Man.
1 Cor 15
45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening pirit.
47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
2 Cor 3
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
How can the Man Jesus be the Holy Spirit?
When Jesus rose from the Dead he became a quickening Spirit. Something wonderful happened in the Godhead! The element of man is forever in in the Godhead in the person of Christ. When we receive Christ into our spirit we receive the Man Christ Jesus and the Triune God.
When God became flesh in the incarnation, God entered for the first time into the very nature of man in the person of Jesus Christ!. In the ressurrection man now has entered into God. This is the mystery of Godliness! If you are in Christ you are in God! Try to fathom that! The Church is the organic body of Christ. This is not mere rhetoric but pure reality!
John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Eph 4
4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Jesus is all in all! He fills all. He is the Lord Spirit!
Jesus is at the right hand of the Father and yet he fills all things as the Lord Spirit! The Father is "in you all." The Triune God dwells in us! He is to be enjoyed. You cannot fathom this, He is simply to be believed on!
1 Tim 3
16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

asaph- loving and enjoying God!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 01:01:49 AM by asaph » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2005, 01:01:38 PM »

Amen Brothers!

Many celebrate our RISEN SAVIOUR today. I celebrate our LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST EVERY DAY. I give thanks that HE Saved me and lives in my heart.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:12-14  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Jury

Always an X-Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2005, 05:48:15 AM »

Now, my question was ignored.

Nobody answered my question. Instead, it was responded with many self-interpreted passages, malicious notions, and Scriptural contradictions.

Taking, the instance of the one who is confused asking: If Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is God, and we only have one God, and the Father of Jesus is not the Son [because Jesus Himself is the Son], WHY did Jesus Christ Himself proclaimed that the ONLY true God is the Father - His Father - our Father? If the Father is the only true God, what is Jesus? Is Jesus the Father? If God is made of the three: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spririt - and each is recognized as God - how come that Jesus introduced the Father as the only true God?

Confusion raises questions. Please don't ignore.

And don't use any Biblical passages that contradict these truth... and please don't self-interpret them.

Thank you.

Smiley
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2005, 09:53:01 AM »

Jury,

If you wish to use the Holy Bible, your question has been answered in an overwhelming manner with proof positive. If you are depending on the Koran for your Bible, that's your problem.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 17:17  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2005, 10:10:42 AM »

Jury,

The problem that you are having is reading some scriptures and not them all. There are no contradictions in the Bible except in your view. Your question has been answered many times, you have been given plenty of proof that God came to us in the flesh for our Salvation. You have closed your eyes and your heart to these facts, reading certain portions of scripture and not accepting others, saying that the others are self-interpreted by us when the scriptures given to you are quite clear in themselves without need for interpretation by anyone.

My prayers are for you that your eyes and heart will be opened to this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the