Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 180958 times)
jesusavedme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2005, 12:24:25 PM »

Awesome insight there 2T.  Didn't notice that before.  Thanks!
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2005, 03:23:19 PM »

Acts 7:59
59. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Neither Luke or Stephen seemed to be confused.

John 20:27-28
27. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
[/u]

Thomas didn’t seem to be confused

Agape

Bairn

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2005, 01:12:22 AM »

Brother? Warrior:
Your denominational affiliations are evident. Your bible interpretations are sadly amiss.

You wrote:

Why do even those who believe in the concept of the Holy Spirit as a third person of a supposedly triune Godhead, along with God the Father and Jesus the Son, find it so difficult to explain?

Because the Bible does not teach it! One cannot prove something from the Bible that is not biblical. The Bible is our only reliable source of divine revelation and truth, and the Trinity concept simply is not part of God's revelation to humankind.

The Holy Spirit, rather than a distinct person, is described in the Bible as being God's divine power.

Your claims are bold and outrageous i.e. “One cannot prove something from the Bible that is not biblical……. The Holy Spirit, rather than a distinct person, is described in the Bible as being God's divine power.”
You need to change bibles or read one.

Here is a small study, full of proof that the bible does teach the distinct personhood of The Holy Spirit.

2 Cor 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, {there} is liberty.
(NAS)

the Lord is the Spirit the Lord is the Spirit the Lord is the Spirit the Lord is the Spirit.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (KJV)

I wonder why Jesus used a personal pronoun seven times in one sentence to refer to the “divine power” as you call it? Just loose talk?

Rom 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (KJV)

How many “spirits” do you suppose Paul figured we were to host?

Eph 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. (KJV)

Impersonal forces do not experience being grieved.

John 14:16-20
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you,
(that’s Jesus speaking of Himself in the present tense) and shall be in you.  (That’s Jesus speaking in the future tense…referring to Pentecost and thereafter)18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that day
(Pentecost) ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.(KJV)

Here are some more scriptures regarding the triune nature of God.

Gen 1:1
In the beginning God
(Elohiym…plural) created the heaven and the earth.

Plurality is established immediately.

Gen 1:26
And God
(Elohiym…plural)   said, Let us (plural) make man in our image (singular), after our likeness (singular): and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This plurality has a singular image.

Col 1:12-17
12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15. Who
(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, (the firstborn of every creature:
16. For by him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist

Col 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Godhead:
2320  theotes-deity, the state of being God, Godhead (Thayer’s Lexicon)

Just because you can’t reconcile plain scripture with your intellect or your group’s aberrant theology does not alter the clear teaching and foundational truth of actual Christian faith.
I don’t know you or bare you any ill will, but your theology does not square with clear bible teaching and your bold statements about what the bible does and does not teach are uninformed and poorly taken.

What do you do with Isa 9:6?

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (KJV)

Bairn

« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 09:25:01 AM by Bairn » Logged

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2005, 02:06:34 AM »

Thank you blackeyedpeas!!! Sorry if I may have gotten you upset or offended. It's just that the heading does say under it defend your faith or ask questions, so that's what I was doing. I appreciate that you went into details and all that lot. I hope you understand we are on the same page. I just like to find out people's ideas, beliefs, and interpetations. Especially since there are many different denominations of Christians. God bless you tons and tons!!!
GodWarrior, i think you will find that, all of us moderators are of a same mind. I would also say 95% of the membership here, is also of the same mind. That is dealing with the trinity.

As BEPs said,
This is a critical issue, and that's why it is covered in such detail on Christians Unite.

Resting with the lord, Jesus Christ.
Bob

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2005, 01:33:16 PM »

AMEN BROTHERS!

I was just thinking about the days we live in. More and more, it appears that the devil is desperate to push forward any doctrine that denies JESUS as being Very God, the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, our living Lord and Saviour forever.

Cults are springing up around the world with this as their primary objective. God manifest in the flesh as Jesus Christ, Christ crucified on the Cross, and Christ arising from the dead as our Living Lord and Saviour is the devil's worst nightmare. The devil is convincing many that Jesus Christ was just a man, just a prophet, or just anything other than God manifest in the flesh. WHY? - JESUS was the only perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind, and JESUS is the only way for Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is VICTORY over the curse of sin and death.

Brothers and Sisters, may God give us the words, wisdom, and strength to keep preaching THE CROSS!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Corinthians 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Sweden

That's right, I'm a Jesus freak!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2005, 02:44:58 AM »

mmm... the devil seems to be desperate... it's too bad that hes tricks works sometimes....

What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
What will people do when they find that it's true?
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak, cause there ain't no disgussing the truth
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2005, 04:07:51 PM »

Sweden,

I don't think that I've had a chance to welcome you yet, so WELCOME TO CHRISITIANS UNITE!

It's true that the devil's tricks work too often, but we can stub his toe and trip him up with God's help.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2005, 03:22:10 PM »

AMEN BROTHERS!

I was just thinking about the days we live in. More and more, it appears that the devil is desperate to push forward any doctrine that denies JESUS as being Very God, the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, our living Lord and Saviour forever.

Cults are springing up around the world with this as their primary objective. God manifest in the flesh as Jesus Christ, Christ crucified on the Cross, and Christ arising from the dead as our Living Lord and Saviour is the devil's worst nightmare. The devil is convincing many that Jesus Christ was just a man, just a prophet, or just anything other than God manifest in the flesh. WHY? - JESUS was the only perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind, and JESUS is the only way for Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is VICTORY over the curse of sin and death.

Brothers and Sisters, may God give us the words, wisdom, and strength to keep preaching THE CROSS!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Corinthians 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Amen brother Cheesy  I guess some dont understand that God was in Jesus Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

Praise his holy name...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 03:26:06 PM by AJ » Logged
Ron66

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2005, 06:20:13 AM »

Lets look at it from the Qur'anic point of view, which corresponds with what Jesus
himself said in the Bible. Jesus is mentioned several times in the Qur'an as a "Word from
Allah." In Surah 3:39: Then the angels called to him [Zechariah] while he was standing in
prayer in the chamber (saying): "Allah gives you glad tidings of John [the Baptist]
believing in a Word from Allah [Jesus, son of Mary], noble, keeping away from sexual
relations with women, a prophet, and one of the righteous."
In Surah 3:45: [Remember] when the angels said: "O Mary! Verily Allah gives you the glad
tidings of a Word from Him, his name will be Messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, held in
honor in this world and the Hereafter, and of those who are near to Allah." In both verses,
Jesus is called a "Word from Allah," by which is meant a Word coming from Allah or
belonging to Allah, in correspondence with I Corinthians 3:23: "And ye are Christ's; and
Christ is God's." John 1:1 should also have been written: "... and the Word was God's."
The mistake could have been in the translation from Aramaic to Greek, deliberately or not.
In the Greek language, Theos is God, while Theou means God's (see any Greek dictionary
or Bible, or Muhammad in the Bible by Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, former Bishop of
Uramiah, page 16). This difference of only one letter has major consequences.

Why is Jesus called the "Word of God" in both scriptures?

The creation of Jesus in Mary's womb was without sperm, for it was the result of the
decree of Allah: "Be" as mentioned in the Surah 3:47: She [Mary] said; "O, my Lord! How
shall I have a son when no man has touched me?" He said: "So [it will be], for Allah
creates what He will. When He has decreed something, He says to it only 'Be' and it is."

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »

Lets look at it from the Qur'anic point of view
Why?  As a Christian, I could care less about the "Qur'anic point of view".  The "Qur'anic point of view" is a pollutant of Truth.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Bronzesnake
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2005, 03:17:16 PM »

Lets look at it from the Qur'anic point of view, which corresponds with what Jesus
himself said in the Bible. Jesus is mentioned several times in the Qur'an as a "Word from
Allah." In Surah 3:39: Then the angels called to him [Zechariah] while he was standing in
prayer in the chamber (saying): "Allah gives you glad tidings of John [the Baptist]
believing in a Word from Allah [Jesus, son of Mary], noble, keeping away from sexual
relations with women, a prophet, and one of the righteous."
In Surah 3:45: [Remember] when the angels said: "O Mary! Verily Allah gives you the glad
tidings of a Word from Him, his name will be Messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, held in
honor in this world and the Hereafter, and of those who are near to Allah." In both verses,
Jesus is called a "Word from Allah," by which is meant a Word coming from Allah or
belonging to Allah, in correspondence with I Corinthians 3:23: "And ye are Christ's; and
Christ is God's." John 1:1 should also have been written: "... and the Word was God's."
The mistake could have been in the translation from Aramaic to Greek, deliberately or not.
In the Greek language, Theos is God, while Theou means God's (see any Greek dictionary
or Bible, or Muhammad in the Bible by Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, former Bishop of
Uramiah, page 16). This difference of only one letter has major consequences.

Why is Jesus called the "Word of God" in both scriptures?

The creation of Jesus in Mary's womb was without sperm, for it was the result of the
decree of Allah: "Be" as mentioned in the Surah 3:47: She [Mary] said; "O, my Lord! How
shall I have a son when no man has touched me?" He said: "So [it will be], for Allah
creates what He will. When He has decreed something, He says to it only 'Be' and it is."

Why would any Christian want to look for Truth in a book of lies? Jesus was not simply a prophet or "one of the righteous"
He is God! The Koran is satan's book written about five hundred years ago by a false prophet who claims that an angel visited him while he was going insane in a cave!

The real Word of God was written thousands of years ago, and was in place for the beginnings of our time here. It is infallible and Holy. There is a warning at the end of the book in Revelation. It warns against anyone adding to or taking away from the Holy Scriptures. God’s warning condemns your book. Jesus Himself warned us that many false prophets would come, and lo and behold, they did.

Jesus tells us to love our enemies. Your god tells you to murder all infidels. Why would God want His own creation to be murdered? The True God wants all His creation to receive eternal salvation in a place, which He has prepared for us. All includes every race upon the face of the world, because He created us all. He doesn't want anyone to be murdered because they have not found Him. He wants everyone to freely accept Him and receive His forgiveness and eternal salvation. How can a person come to God if he/she is lying on the ground with his head chopped off?

Islam is a violent Godless religion headed by satan.

Warning -

You have been warned about spreading your false religion here my friend. I did not remove your post, so I could expose it for what it is, but you will not be permitted to post any more of the same.

If you are looking for Truth and eternal salvation by the True God of the universe, then you will find Him here. If you are content to remain blind, and are willing to gamble your eternal soul on your violent false religion, then you'll have to leave.

cowntortoise

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2005, 09:46:21 AM »

hi, I'm a new member. I live in Singapore.

Here are my views for 'Is Jesus God?' and the 'son of God' thing.

1. Jesus is God. The scriptures says it.

2. The 'only begotten Son of God' - The word 'Son' used here in the original language means that the earthly Jesus thinks, behaves like God the Father Himself.

It's like how Paul described Timothy as 'his son', although he was not born from his own loins. But Timothy thinks like Paul, work like Paul, behaves like Paul, he resembles so much like Paul, that Paul calls him 'son'.

So when God says Jesus 'is My only begotten Son', it means that Jesus is the only person alive on this earth that totally resembles God Himself. He is exactly like God. When you see Him, it's seeing God. It's because He is the only one that's perfect, and without sin.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2005, 01:52:32 PM »

2. The 'only begotten Son of God' - The word 'Son' used here in the original language means that the earthly Jesus thinks, behaves like God the Father Himself.

It's like how Paul described Timothy as 'his son', although he was not born from his own loins. But Timothy thinks like Paul, work like Paul, behaves like Paul, he resembles so much like Paul, that Paul calls him 'son'.

So when God says Jesus 'is My only begotten Son', it means that Jesus is the only person alive on this earth that totally resembles God Himself. He is exactly like God. When you see Him, it's seeing God. It's because He is the only one that's perfect, and without sin.

Welcome to C.U. my friend.

Great first post.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2005, 03:52:35 PM »

Jesus was the only begotten son because He was Gods only actual son not a spiritually adopted son as was Timothy to Paul.

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

He is exactly like God because he is God come to us in the flesh.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
dcyple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2005, 12:26:27 AM »

I've just got to say I ran across a website that was pretty much the exact same arguements that are presented here. It was based primarily on twisting scripture to the point that it was unrecognizable.Jesus did claim to be God and he did back up his claim with much proof. However if we look at it logicly,he couldn't have the entire population at the time running around proclaiming him to be God ,because he had a job to do.Had the Jewish leaders of the time believed him God there is no way he would have been crucified, no way he could have fullfiled the scriptures,no way he could have been God. But since he was crucified , was resurected, then he sent out the disciples to proclaim the truth,before being taken back to heaven to reclaim his throne. It all makes perfect sense when you look at it reasonably
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the