Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 180949 times)
sixpack434

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2005, 06:42:05 AM »

Many people tell us "but the Bible clearly says that Jesus is the Son of God. How can you say that Jesus is not God's only begotten son when Jesus says it so clearly in black and white in the Bible?" Well, first of all, as seen in the previous section, we first need to know the language of his people, the language of the Jews to whom he was speaking. Let us see how they understood this proclamation.

Let us begin by asking: How many sons does the Bible tell us that God Almighty has?

Jacob is God's son and firstborn: "Israel is my son, even my firstborn" Exodus 4:22.
Solomon is God's son "He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son": 2 Samuel 7:13-14.
Ephraim is God's firstborn: "for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." Jeremiah 31:9 (who is God's firstborn? Israel or Ephraim?).
Adam is the son of God "Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38.
Common people (you and me) are the sons of God: "Ye are the children of the LORD your God" Deuteronomy 14:1. "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" Romans 8:14. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12. "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15. "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: ... now are we the sons of God" 1 John 3:1-2. "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" Job 38:7. "Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD," Job 2:1. "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD," Job 1:6. "when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men," Genesis 6:4. "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair" Genesis 6:2
As we can see, the use of the term "son of God" when describing normal human beings was not at all an uncommon practice among Jesus' people.
Well then, was Jesus the only begotten son of God? Read Psalms 2:7"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (King David, King), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

Indeed, the Jews are even referred to as much more than this in the Bible, and this is indeed the very trait which Jesus (pbuh) held against them. When the Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus (pbuh) he defended himself with the following words "Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, 'I said, Ye are gods?' If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken..." John 10:34: (he was referring to Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High..")

As we can see from these and many other verses like them, "son of God" in the language of the Jews was a very innocent term used to describe a loyal servant of God. Whether the translators and editors chose to write it as "Son of God" (with a capital S) in reference to Jesus and "son of God" (with a small S) in reference to everyone else does not diminish the fact that in the original language, both cases are exactly the same. Are we beginning to see what drove the most learned men of the Anglican Church to recognize the truth? But let us move on.

Grolier's encyclopedia, under the heading "Jesus Christ," says: "During his earthly life Jesus was addressed as rabbi and was regarded as a prophet. Some of his words, too, place him in the category of sage. A title of respect for a rabbi would be "my Lord." Already before Easter his followers, impressed by his authority, would mean something more than usual when they addressed him as "my Lord.".... it is unlikely that the title "Son of David" was ascribed to him or accepted by him during his earthly ministry. "Son of God," in former times a title of the Hebrew kings (Psalms 2:7), was first adopted in the post-Easter church as an equivalent of Messiah and had no metaphysical connotations (Romans 1:4). Jesus was conscious of a unique filial relationship with God, but it is uncertain whether the Father/Son language (Mark 18:32; Matt. 11:25-27 par.; John passim) goes back to Jesus himself" .

There seems to be only two places in the Bible where Jesus (pbuh) refers to himself as "son of God." They are in John chapters 5 and 11. Hastings in "The dictionary of the Bible" says: "Whether Jesus used it of himself is doubtful." Regardless, we have already seen what is meant by this innocent title. However, Jesus is referred to as the "son of Man" (literally: "Human being") 81 times in the books of the Bible.

In the Gospel of Barnabas, we are told that Jesus (pbuh) knew that mankind would make him a god after his departure and severely cautioned his followers from having anything to do with such people.

Jesus was not the son of a human man (according to both the Bible and the Qur'an). However, we find him constantly saying "I am the son of man." Why? It was because in the language of the Jews, that is how you say "I am a human being."

What was he trying to tell us by constantly repeating and emphasizing to us throughout the New Testament "I am a human being," "I am a human being," "I am a human being"?. What had he foreseen? Think about it!

Do Christians emphasize this aspect of Jesus? The New Testament Greek word translated as "son" are "pias" and "paida" which mean "servant," or "son in the sense of servant." These are translated to "son" in reference to Jesus and "servant" in reference to all others in some translations of the Bible (see below). As we are beginning to see, one of the most fundamental reasons why Jesus (pbuh) is considered God is due to extensive mistranslation. We shall see more and more examples of this throughout this book.

Islam teaches that Jesus (pbuh) was a human being, not a god. Jesus (pbuh) continually emphasized this to his followers throughout his mission. The Gospel of Barnabas also affirms this fact.

Once again, Grolier's encyclopedia says: "...Most problematical of all is the title "Son of Man." This is the only title used repeatedly by Jesus as a self-designation, and there is no clear evidence that it was used as a title of majesty by the post-Easter church. Hence it is held by many to be authentic, since it passes the criterion of dissimilarity."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 04:56:50 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 10:01:44 PM »

ok, first off. Christ was called the Son of Man, because the Messiah was to be called the Son of Man, according to Jewish Tradition. The Messiah was to be a great military human leader, lead by God, according to the Jews. However, what they failed to see, was that the Messiah would save the Jews, but that the Messiah would BE GOD. Hence John the Apostle hit it right on the head when he wrote "In the Beginning was the Word, and the WOrd was with God, and the Word was God" Jesus is God, and His designation as the "Son of God" has 2 meanings. He is God, meaning He came from God, and is part of God. 2. that He is of the Order of God. the phrase "son of" in the Hebrew, means 2 things. "The son of ...... being the child, or offspring of" or "The son of ...being of the order of." The former is most commonly used to describe humans in geneological order. the latter, most commonly describing "of the Order of" The latter was used in describing Ezekiel. Over 90 times, Ezekiel is called the son of man. hence describing his human side. Christ is called the Son of God in both senses. I wish i had more time to write, but i must cut it short. i hope what I've said makes sense. God Bless.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 12:41:15 AM »

Jesus is God. In Him dwells the fulness of the Godhead bodily. As the brother said "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."
And beyond controversy, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Christ is the mystery of God, and the Church is the mystery of Christ. And Christ and the Church together is a great mystery. He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

Col.2:2My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Eph 3:4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Eph 5:32This is a profound [great] mystery–but I am talking about Christ and the church.

1 Cor 6:... he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

How can you say Christ is not God!

If He were a mere man how can we live in Him?

2 Cor 5:17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

asaph

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 02:37:13 AM »

Sixpack434,

1.  God, the Father, is Almighty God - THE CREATOR!

2.  God, the Son, is Almighty God - THE CREATOR!

3.  God, the Holy Spirit, is Almighty God - THE CREATOR!

The 3 are 1 - Almighty God - THE CREATOR!

From cover to cover, the Holy Bible proves it!

Jesus Christ was Almighty God for eternity past, is Almighty God now, and will remain Almighty God for eternity future. Jesus Christ was NOT created because HE is THE CREATOR. Jesus Christ was NOT made into a God by men because HE was Almighty God before the foundation of the world HE CREATED. Jesus Christ has no beginning and has no end, simply because HE is and always has been Almighty God - THE CREATOR!

Jesus Christ humbled HIMSELF and took the form of a man on this earth to die on the CROSS for us. HE was the ONLY perfect sacrifice WHO could rescue us from the curse of sin and death. HE arose from the dead and is our LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER! This is God's perfect GIFT to us. Believing this and having faith in Jesus Christ - ALMIGHTY GOD - is our only SALVATION. There is no other way. Without this belief and faith, the person is lost and living under the curse of sin and death - the fires of hell for eternity. This hour or this day is a good time to ask JESUS to come into your heart and be Your Lord and Saviour forever. HE is known by many precious and Holy Names, but HE is ALMIGHTY GOD, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE!

For Christians, this short life is nothing in comparison to the peace and joy of eternal life with JESUS CHRIST. Our citizenship is in Heaven - not this world.

Sixpack434, please take a look at the FAQ for non-Christians in the Apologetics area. Read it with an open heart, and I know that you will find many answers there. You should also know that there are many sweet Christians here who will share the Gospel of the Grace of God with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Psalms 100:5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Ephesians 2:1-7  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

I John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalms 143:8  Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 09:06:47 AM »

Amen to all the replies here.

If I could just add one thing to address the question....

Let us begin by asking: How many sons does the Bible tell us that God Almighty has?

Joh 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Addressing the deity of Christ...

Joh 14:6  Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Joh 14:7  "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

Theres only one way to God friend....and this through Christ!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 10:06:25 AM »

Just a quick note here.  sixpack434 states that the in the language of the day, it was a harmless title to be called "son of God."  However, in the language and culture of the Israelites of that day, when a male child was born into the family, he was a child.  He was not a "son" until he was a man, about the age of 13.  At that time, saying he was the son of John for example, meant far more than he was John's son.  It meant that he carried the authority and equality of John.  By saying he was the son of John, he would be saying that he was John as far as whomever he was speaking to would be concerned.

When Jesus said He was the Son of God, He not only claimed relationship, but equality.  This is why they wished to stone Him, crucify Him, and get rid of Him.  This Man stood before them and claimed to be God Very God!  This God-Man, was, is, and always will be just that.  GOD VERY GOD![/i][/u]

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
sixpack434

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 11:55:43 AM »

Thank you for your replys. I beleive that there is God and Jesus(Peace be upon him) is one of his holy prophets. I don't understand how you beleive 3 are 1. It doesn't make sense to me. 1 + 1+ 1 = 1?!?
I do not see God being born out of a human, and being circumsised on the 7th day as it is written in the bible. Jesus (peace be upon him) i love him, but i do not worship him, for he was sent to us to command us to worship the father.
Jesus (PBUH) ate, slept and prayed like us. I beleive in his miracles, but like all messengers of God the miracles are done with the will of God.
No offence was intended. I want all people to worship the one and true God cause i love him
sixpack434

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 12:02:54 PM »

Top Ten List According to Bible Rejecting Jesus’ Divinity!

1.     Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." [This confirms that Jesus preached to worship One and Only God, not trinity.

2.     John 20:17 Jesus said I ascend to my God and your God. [Jesus has a God according to him; we know that God can’t have a God?]

3.     John 8:28 Jesus said, "I do nothing of myself” [Can a God be this dependant?]

4.     John 14:28 Jesus said, "My Father (GOD) is greater than I am" [So, how can Jesus himself be a God?]

5.     Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit" [God does not have spirit like Jesus did.]

6.     Matthew 24:36 Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows. [Or Jesus was lying to his followers, if he was God?]

7.     John 5:30 Jesus told his followers that he couldn’t do a single thing of his own. [When a God became this helpless?]

8.     John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice. [Or Jesus was lying again here, if he was God?]

9.     Luke 5:16 Jesus prays to God. [Funny, if Jesus was God, then why he is praying to God? Since when and how a God has a God?

10. Matthew 26:39 Jesus fell on his face and prayed to his GOD like Muslims do. [How would you explain this from the very Bible?

CHECKMATE WITH:  John 17:3 and the Only True God! And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 12:07:26 PM »

oh Jesus is much more than a Prophet. Maybe i should move the Diety thread over here. I'm sure if you check around in here, you'll find a few posts about Jesus' deity. I have a study that I did a few months back on this very issue. If you would like to check it out. Here's the thread on this very forum. God Bless you!

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=5071

that should take you to the study i did, as well as a few other Scriptures that support the diety of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 12:34:45 PM »

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2397

Is Jesus God?       YES!!

The above link is in the Apologetics Area, and the topic is "Is Jesus God? - Part One". The thread is 9 pages long and has extensive Biblical documentation. However, the Biblical documentation presented that proves Jesus Is Almighty God is is grossly incomplete.

It is blasphemy to say that Jesus Christ is not God. I realize that some people say this in total ignorance and don't have a clue what they are really saying. If they did understand, they would never make that statement again. Complete ignorance of the Holy Bible is the only reason why we allow such a statement on Christians Unite. It is also a chance to give the Gospel of the Grace of God to those who don't worship Jesus Christ, Almighty God, as their Lord and Saviour.

Jesus Christ was, is, and will always be Almighty God. HE took the form of a man on earth for a purpose. That purpose was formed before the foundation of the world. He took the form of a man ONLY because HE was the only perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Jesus Christ could have exercised HIS awesome power and might, but HE instead humbled HIMSELF and took the form of a man, even unto death.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 04:59:59 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 12:36:29 PM »

Jesus also said, Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

God doesn't have a spirit?  Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is not a Chess game. It is the word of God.

The trinity is difficult for some to understand. They were separate Entities and yet they were one and the same Entity.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 12:54:51 PM »

grr.. i forgot to keep me signed in. I had a reply for you 6pack, but it got erased. Trust me, I will be replying to your 10 list. And i will show you where the error is in your quotations...until then, read that study...and beware of how strongly you voice that opinion that Jesus is not God, you may get the Admins on yer tail...lol. I will be compiling a rebuttle to your last post. This should be fun. God (Including Jesus) Bless you

Joshua

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 01:41:51 PM »

Sixpack434,

Your other thread containing blasphemy was merged with this one. One will be more than sufficient.

Please also take a look at the following threads on Christians Unite that prove Jesus Christ is and always has been Almighty God. Even though there is a large amount of material, it still only represents a small portion of the Holy Bible that proves Jesus Christ is Almighty God.

"The Holy Trinity"

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=6221

The below is about Bible facts. Please pay particular attention to "God Is The Creator".

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=2725

There are many other existing threads on Christians Unite that prove the same thing, but this will do for a start.

One should always do a beginner's study about Jesus Christ before denying HIS ABSOLUTE DEITY! Your total ignorance on this ABSOLUTE FACT is the only reason why this thread will be allowed on Christians Unite. Your checkmate statement is a joke made in complete ignorance. It is far past time for you to learn about who JESUS CHRIST is. Many sweet Christians on Christians Unite will help you do just that. In short, you are LOST and WITHOUT CHRIST!

You sound like a member of Islam. Is that what's causing your gross confusion?

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Isaiah 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Luke 2:11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Matthew 26:63-66  But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 03:44:08 PM »

Is Jesus God?

Brothers and Sisters,

It appears that there will always be a continuing need to answer this question over and over again, so I am making this a sticky topic that will remain at the top in this area of the forum.

"Is Jesus God? - Part One" is locked and preserved for this most important question.

I am positive that many of you have already done excellent work on this topic and have already posted it in other portions of the forum. Please feel welcome to copy and paste your work from other areas here. ALSO, additional work you have done or plan to do on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

I did copy and paste one of my own posts on this subject, and I hope that you feel most welcome to do the same. This is not just another question to answer on Christians Unite. This question is actually the difference between being lost or being SAVED! So, this is an all important question that will always deserve our best attention. We should always be ready to explain the hope that is within us.  JESUS CHRIST is that hope and HE is ABSOLUTE REALITY for all of us who have HIM in our hearts.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-7  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 04:05:06 PM »

God is the Creator of all things. (Part One)

(Both the seen and unseen of Heaven and earth)

Creator is a Heavenly and Majestic Title of GOD. HE spoke, called, and formed all things into being from nothing.

The ONE AND TRUE GOD is HE who is the CREATOR. All other gods are false and are to be denied. The ONE CREATOR is a GODHEAD of three HOLY DEITIES - YET ONE - IS ONE - AND IN ONE:  (1) God, The Father, (2) God, The Son, and (3) God, The Holy Spirit. These are ONE and this HOLY ONE is THE CREATOR.

Genesis 1:1-31  This is a beautiful portion of Scripture that deserves reading over and over again.

Creation is attributed to the GODHEAD.

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Creation is attributed to the FATHER.

1 Corinthians 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Creation is attributed to the SON.

John 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Creation is attributed to the Holy Spirit.

Genesis 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Job 26:13  By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Psalms 104:30  Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Only THE CREATOR is GOD, and there is no other GOD. The glory of all creation is in HIM, by HIM, and for HIM. The GLORY seen in all CREATION is HIS.

Isaiah 37:16  O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

Isaiah 40:12  Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
Isaiah 40:13  Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

Isaiah 54:5  For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Psalms 96:5  For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

Jeremiah 10:11  Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
Jeremiah 10:12  He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

Colossians 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Romans 11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Continued - See Part Two

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the