Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prophecy and End Time Series. - Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prophecy and End Time Series. - Israel  (Read 58907 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2005, 04:41:05 PM »

Dec. 24, 2005 12:37 | Updated Dec. 24, 2005 21:54
Heavy rains flood Israeli cities
By JPOST.COM STAFF
[Print this Article]       [EMail this Article]       [Subscribe]       [SMS Alerts]       [JPost Toolbar]       [JPost ePaper]

Heavy rainfall caused floods in many parts of Israel on Saturday, especially in Haifa and the northern region.

Several vehicles were trapped beneath the train bridge in the city because of the high water level. Similar flooding occurred on the road between the Kiryat Ata and stadium junctions as well as at the check post and Fureidis junction near Zichron Ya'acov.

Also, in the northern coastal city of Nahariya several roads were closed when the Ga'aton River running through the city overflowed. A lane in the Lod Road, connecting the Krayot region and Acre was likewise shut down.

Damage was also caused in the central region, with the road between Ramat Hakovesh and Kfar Saba closed because of flooding. A tree in Kiryat Ono was blown down by the wind and crushed three cars.

The heavy rains also drowned streets in Ra'anana. Rescue services were called to evacuate 18 elderly people after the first floor of their retirement home was covered with water.

Army Radio said unusually high levels of rainwere recorded, with 30-50 mm falling northward of Haifa since Friday alone.

Meanwhile, some 60 centimeters of snow piled on the northern Mount Hermon site on Saturday. While the site had not yet opened to the public, "if 20 more centimeters fell overnight and Sunday it was expected to open by Tuesday," said site manager Menachem Baruch.

The rain and snow were predicted to move southward during the day and evening. Some Galilee peaks had already gathered 40 centimeters of snow as of Saturaday evening.

Jerusalem, and even Bethlehem may experience a white Christmas for the first time in many years.

Jerusalem was preparing for difficulties expected to be caused by the snow on Saturday evening. The municipality readied snowplows and salt trucks in case their services will be needed. Likewise, police and fire-fighting services planned on holding their emergency crews on call to keep main traffic routes open.

The city was also taking measures to assist the homeless and to provide city residents with supplies should the snow shut down transportation.

The good news anticipated from the rainy weather was a forecasted rise in the Kinneret water level. The lake's level went down by a few centimeters during the unusually long and warm dry spell that came over Israel in recent weeks. The Kinneret, which serves as Israel's primary source of potable water, is still three meters short of its maximal level.

Heavy Rains Flood Israeli Cities

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2005, 09:50:06 PM »

Iran denies receiving Russian enrichment proposal
Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:17 AM ET169

By Parinoosh Arami

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran on Sunday denied receiving a proposal from Moscow to build a joint venture plant to enrich uranium in Russia but said it was happy to continue negotiations over its nuclear programme with the European Union.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it had submitted a formal offer to Iran that would allow it to establish a civilian nuclear programme but transfer enrichment to Russia.

The plan is aimed at easing international concerns that Tehran could make nuclear bombs from highly-enriched uranium. Iran says it only wants to enrich uranium to a low-grade, suitable for use in nuclear power reactors.

"We haven't received any written and definite proposal from Russia yet," Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi told a weekly news conference.

"It is clear that we will review with a positive attitude any plan or proposal that recognizes Iran's right for enrichment on it own soil," he added, reiterating a stance which EU diplomats have said amounts to a rejection of the Russian plan.

Iranian nuclear negotiators met counterparts from the EU trio of Britain, Germany and France in Vienna last week for the first face-to-face talks for several months.

Both sides agreed to meet again in January. Asefi said January 18 was a possible date for the next round of talks.

"What was achieved is that the negotiations will continue, which is a step forward in itself," he said. "I believe that if the Europeans respect Iran's rights there is room for further work."

"We don't want negotiations just for the sake of negotiations we want negotiations to achieve our right to (produce) nuclear fuel. Of course, we are ready to give guarantees that we won't deviate from peaceful nuclear activities," he added.

EU diplomats and arms control experts have expressed doubts that the negotiations will resolve the nuclear standoff given the two sides' positions.

Asefi said Iran believed the best solution would be for an international consortium to carry out enrichment in Iran. But Western nations are loathe to allow the Islamic Republic to make nuclear fuel on its own soil.

Iran denies receiving Russian enrichment proposal

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2005, 12:35:11 AM »

65% of Palestinians Support Al-Qaeda Attacks in the US and Europe:

Religious War against "Infidels"
inherent to PA religious ideology
By Itamar Marcus and Barbara Crook

A poll published this week and reported in Palestinian newspapers found that 65% of Palestinians "support Al-Qaeda actions in the USA and Europe." Religiously-motivated Al-Qaeda attacks against those referred to as "Infidels" have killed thousands of Americans and Europeans. Why would the Palestinian population so overwhelmingly support the murder of Christians?

For years, the Palestinian Authority religious leadership has been presenting its war against Israel's existence as merely one part of its global Islamic war being fought against the Christian-Jewish West. Just last month, a PA TV religious leader, during a televised sermon, included this prayer for the killing of all Infidels:

"Destroy the Infidels and the Polytheists! Your [i.e. Allah's] enemies are the enemies of the religion…! Count them and kill them to the last one, and don't leave even one."
[Suleiman Satari, PA TV, November 18, 2005]

This prayer - clear incitement to the genocide of "Infidels," a term that includes the Christian West - is common from PA religious leaders. Prayers to annihilate all Infidels have been included in Friday prayers on PA TV at least six times in recent months.

Presenting the destruction of the Christian-Jewish West as part of Allah's plan comes even from the highest religious powers, and receives the passive sanction of the highest political powers. Two of these sermons were delivered by Yusuf Jum'a Salamah, PA Minister of the Waqf and Religion - the most important religious office in the PA. Even though PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas was present on at least one of these occasions, similar prayers for genocide continued on the PA-owned and controlled TV in subsequent weeks.

<SNIP>
This post would fill 4 pages, it is so big! You have to read it all!!!!!!

65%  of Palestinians Support Al-Qaeda Attacks in the US and Europe

Edited to add; I put this up on my Christianty Rocks 2website. This is a big news item, and I imagine it will be coming down soon.
Here is the page link!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 01:19:58 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2005, 07:17:14 PM »

IDF: Hizbullah uses Russian rockets

Intelligence chief slams Russia, says weapons sold to Syria end up in terrorists' hands
Smadar Peri

Oh, those Russians: Hizbullah has been using Russian-made RPG rockets purchased by Syria to target Israel, outgoing IDF Intelligence Chief Aharon Zeevi-Farkash charged in a special interview with Israel's leading newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.

In his farewell interview, Farkash chose to blast the Russians for their contribution to the war waged by Hizbullah terrorists against Israel.

"The Russians' and Syrians' true face has been exposed, (they) buy and sell weapons with a commitment not to pass it on, yet those weapons are used against us in a blatant manner," he said.

Farkash noted that Hizbullah terrorists involved in the attempt to abduct soldiers on the Lebanese border about a month ago fired RPG-29 rockets. "Those are Russian-made rockets purchased by the Syrians in recent years and handed over to Hizbullah," he said.

"We are talking about a high-impact weapon because it has deep penetration capabilities," Farkash said. "The usage of rockets against us explains why Israel strongly opposed the sale of SA-18 missiles to Syria."

Turning his attention to the rockets fired on the northern town of Kiryat Shmona two days ago, Farkash said they too were Russian-made but came from older shipments.

"We know that in April 2005, ahead of the departure of Syrian forces from Lebanon, (President) Bashar Assad made sure to transfer military equipment and combat means to Palestinian groups and to Hizbullah," Farkash charged.

"And there it is…weapons Syria purchased from Russia are being handed over to elements that are acting against us," he said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2005, 07:18:20 PM »

Iraq al Qaeda claims Israel attack: Web
ReutersReuters

Dec 29, 2005 — DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda in Iraq said it had launched missiles at Israel from Lebanon as part of a "new attack" on the Jewish state, a statement posted on the Web said on Thursday.

"The lion sons of al Qaeda launched … a new attack on the Jewish state by launching 10 missiles … from the Muslims' lands in Lebanon on selected targets in the north of the Jewish state," said the statement, attributed to al Qaeda and posted on an Islamist Web site.

It appeared to be the first claim of responsibility from al Qaeda for an attack on Israel from Lebanon. The statement could not be authenticated, but was posted on a main Web site frequently used by Iraqi insurgent groups.

The statement did not give the date of the attack.

It was not immediately clear if the group was referring to a rocket strike which wounded three people in an Israeli border town late on Tuesday, or some other attack.

Israeli warplanes attacked a Palestinian guerrilla group's training camp in Lebanon in response to that rocket attack.

"This auspicious attack was a response by the mujahideen (holy fighters) to the oath by the mujahid sheikh Osama bin Laden, leader of al Qaeda … which the (Jews) and idolaters' servants in Muslim countries failed to grasp. The future shall be more bitter and more harsh," said the statement.

In August, Iraq's al Qaeda said it was behind a failed rocket attack on U.S. Navy ships in Jordan's Red Sea port of Aqaba.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2005, 01:15:55 AM »

Iran, Russia agree to talks on atomic plan: diplomat
Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:59 AM ET164

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Top Iranian and Russian officials agreed on Thursday to hold talks on a Russian proposal aimed a resolving Tehran's nuclear standoff with the West, an Iranian diplomat close to the talks said.

The diplomat, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said the agreement came during a telephone conversation between Iran's chief nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani and Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov

Iran, Russia agree to talks on atomic plan

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2005, 05:11:38 PM »

Palestinian militants say truce ends at midnight
Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:33 AM ET11

By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - Militant Palestinian factions said on Saturday that as of New Year's Day they would no longer be bound by a truce that has brought the quietest spell since the start of the five-year-old uprising.

An increase in violence since Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in September has kept peacemaking on hold, but the lull has brought relief on both sides of the front line.

The armed groups said they would no longer be committed to following "a period of calm" despite the efforts of President Mahmoud Abbas to preserve a ceasefire he agreed with Israel last February.

A big resurgence of violence could be an added threat to a January 25 election, already endangered by growing disorder.

"We in the Islamic Jihad and resistance factions are free of commitment to this calm," Islamic Jihad leader Khader Habib told Reuters.

The armed groups say the truce cost them more than they gained because Israel continued raids and did not free all Palestinian prisoners, as they had demanded. Israel said its raids were to stop militants who were planning attacks.

Israel says it holds Abbas responsible for the continuation of the ceasefire since it was agreed with him and not the militant groups. Israel has long pressed Abbas to crack down on militants rather than talking to them.

"The Palestinian Authority must come to its senses," said one Israeli official.

HAMAS KEY
Despite the new threats, it is far from clear how much will change on the ground.

Islamic Jihad had already carried out suicide bombings during the truce, including one in the West Bank on Thursday, saying it was taking revenge for Israeli attacks.

The powerful militant group Hamas, which like Islamic Jihad is sworn to destroying Israel, has not said it will resume attacks after the truce expires -- even if it says it will no longer feel bound to follow it.

Any major upsurge of violence could delay the forthcoming election in which Hamas expects to do well.

"Hamas and Qassam (the armed wing) will deal with any Zionist attack against our people in a suitable manner and in that way preserve the election process and preserve Palestinian blood," said a Hamas spokesman.

Al-Aqsa, despite being part of Abbas's Fatah movement, has been among the most active groups firing rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip.

"The truce is dead. By continuing its assassinations and occupation, Israel killed it long before it actually expired," said Abu Qusai, a spokesman. "The formula is bombardment for bombardment and targeting civilians for targeting civilians."

To try to stem the rocket fire, Israel declared a "no-go zone" in the northern Gaza Strip this week. Palestinians condemned the move as tantamount to retaking land it had given up after 38 years of occupation.

Israel has ruled out talks on Palestinian statehood until Abbas disarms militants, a process the Palestinians are meant to begin under a U.S.-backed peace "road map". Israel has failed to meet its own promise under that plan to freeze settlement growth.

My note; As I post this, midnight is about 50 minutes away in Israel.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2006, 12:45:49 AM »

Israel has ruled out talks on Palestinian statehood until Abbas disarms militants, a process the Palestinians are meant to begin under a U.S.-backed peace "road map". Israel has failed to meet its own promise under that plan to freeze settlement growth.

Dreamweaver,

Brother, it would never do for me to be a politician in the Middle-East. I would have called that so-called road map for peace a train wreck after the first Palestinian missile and taken all the land back - plus some. The Palestinians have never wanted peace. They are determined to have war, and their wishes should be granted. No country in the world would tolerate a bunch of terrorists firing missiles at will and doing suicide bombing, so it's not realistic to ask Israel to do anything except provide security for their people and put the terrorists completely out of business. That is the only politics that terrorists understand, and negotiations with terrorists is a complete JOKE.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2006, 01:11:58 AM »

Dreamweaver,

Brother, it would never do for me to be a politician in the Middle-East. I would have called that so-called road map for peace a train wreck after the first Palestinian missile and taken all the land back - plus some. The Palestinians have never wanted peace. They are determined to have war, and their wishes should be granted. No country in the world would tolerate a bunch of terrorists firing missiles at will and doing suicide bombing, so it's not realistic to ask Israel to do anything except provide security for their people and put the terrorists completely out of business. That is the only politics that terrorists understand, and negotiations with terrorists is a complete JOKE.
Chances are you would make a better politician in the Middle-East, then I would. War would have already broken out, if I was there. Lips Sealed

Did I say that?  Huh Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »

Iran develops uranium separation machinery
Sun Jan 1, 2006 9:47 AM ET16

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran said on Sunday it had developed machinery to separate uranium from its ore, part of the Islamic state's ongoing drive to become self-sufficient in nuclear technology.

The mixer-settler machinery was developed by Iran's Atomic Energy Organization (IAEO), state television said.

"Unfortunately, because of the problems that exist, it was not possible for us to buy this machine from abroad and we had to build it domestically. Fortunately, we succeeded," an unidentified IAEO official said.

Iran's efforts to build a full nuclear fuel cycle has caused alarm in the West which fears Tehran could use the technology to build atomic weapons. Iran says it only wants to use its nuclear facilities to generate electricity.

In August Iran announced another breakthrough in nuclear technology by using biotechnology to produce larger and cheaper quantities of uranium oxide, or yellow cake, from uranium ore.

Yellowcake is processed and then enriched to produce nuclear reactor fuel or, if highly enriched, bomb-grade material.

Iran devolops uranium separation machinery

My note; Sooner or later, the world will have to deal with Iran, and North Korea. But this won't happen, till God is ready.
Bob

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »

Jan. 1, 2006 21:43
IDF fires at Kassam launch-sites in northern Gaza
By MARGOT DUDKEVITCH AND JPOST STAFF

The IDF fired at the "no-go" zone in northern Gaza on Sunday evening in response to the three Kassam rockets fired at Israel throughout the day.

A Kassam rocket fired from Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip exploded Sunday afternoon in an open area between Kibbutz Nir Am and Sderot, while another two rockets fell earlier Sunday in non-populated areas of the western Negev. There were no reports of casualties or damage in any of the incidents.

IDF forces were searching for one of the rockets, which was fired from the outskirts of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip. The rocket was believed to have fallen near Kibbutz Nir Yitzhak in the western Negev. The second rocket landed near Kibbutz Mivtahim.

A fourth Kassam reportedly landed inside Gaza.

Israeli security officials noted that all of the rockets were fired from an area outside the "no-go" zone implemented by the IDF during Operation Open Sky.

The Palestinian terror group Hamas vowed on Sunday to retaliate against Israel for killing two Palestinians in the northern Gaza Strip. Three people were also wounded in the late Saturday IAF air strike, the first fatal attack in the border area since Israel declared it a "no-go" zone.

The IDF said the terrorists were spotted preparing to fire a rocket from the area of Elei Sinai, one of the 21 settlements evacuated during the pullout from Gaza.

The air force fired at the Palestinians and identified a hit, the military said.

Relatives identified the dead as Motaz Hamdouna, 26, and Hamza Hamdouna, 22.

"We reaffirm that this crime will not go without punishment," Hamas said in a statement faxed to news agencies on Sunday. The group suggested that the end of a truce on midnight Saturday - which Hamas had largely adhered to - would mean more violence.

"After the final moment of truce has past, we say the enemy will pay the price for the crimes it has committed against our sons during the whole truce period."

Hamas has accused Israel of repeated violations of the cease-fire that began Feb. 8 and has carried out what it called revenge attacks for specific Israeli operations. It should be noted that Israel was never a signatory to the truce established among the Palestinian factions.

Shortly after the incident, Hamas spokesman Mushir al-Masri threatened revenge against Israel while speaking to reporters at the Gaza hospital where the casualties were taken. However, he did not rule out extending the truce, which ended formally at midnight.

The Palestinian Interior Ministry issued a statement condemning the Israeli strike, saying a shell hit a Palestinian post, hindering police efforts to stop the firing of rockets at Israel.

IDF fires at Kassam launch-sites in northern Gaza

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »

IDF on high alert for Islamic Jihad suicide bombs
By Amos Harel

Security forces are on high alert as mounting intelligence reports have suggested that Islamic Jihad could be planning suicide bombings inside Israel.

Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility on Friday for the suicide bombing that killed Lieutenant Ori Binamo and two Palestinians a day earlier. The organization identified Suheib Ibrahim Yasin, 19, from the West Bank village of Ilar, as the bomber who blew himself up after being stopped at a checkpoint near Tul Karm.

Binamo, 21, a platoon commander in the Nachshon infantry battalion, was buried in Haifa's military cemetery on Friday. Three of his soldiers were wounded in the bombing, one seriously and two lightly.

Over the weekend, the IDF arrested 16 residents of Ilar and nearby villages on suspicion of belonging to Islamic Jihad. However, senior military sources admitted that the Jihad network is still active and capable of dispatching more suicide bombers.

The police deployed hundreds of officers in the large cities to secure New Year's Eve parties.

On Friday, the IDF raided a Palestinian military intelligence compound in the Jenin refugee camp, in a search for Jihad fugitives. The IDF Spokesman's Office said the intelligence commander at the compound admitted that Jihad members use it, but said they had fled before the troops arrived.

A wanted Hamas operative was arrested in the town of Yata, south of Hebron.

Meanwhile, the IDF is continuing Operation Blue Skies in the northern Gaza Strip. Palestinians have been barred from reaching the former settlements Elei Sinai, Dugit and Nisanit, and only policemen are allowed in the area, on roads prearranged with the IDF. The army has been shelling the area frequently, and conducting strict aerial surveillance of areas adjacent to the "buffer zone," which is reportedly used by the cells launching Qassam rockets.

There were no launches over the weekend.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said during a visit to Ashkelon on Friday that he is convinced the IDF operation will disrupt the rocket fire.

"In time, you will see that the [IDF's] activity is obtaining results. The purpose of the deployment over the past few days is to restrict the Qassam launchers' momentum, and it is already succeeding in this," Mofaz said.

Yesterday, IDF troops came under light fire as they were moving along the Gaza Strip border and in the Jenin area. There were no Israeli casualties.

Defense establishment sources yesterday dismissed the threats made by some Fatah factions yesterday to resume attacks against Israel after the end of the truce in the territories. The sources said Islamic Jihad is not keeping the internal Palestinian truce agreement anyway.

Hamas currently has no interest in resuming terror on a large scale, because it is interested in having the Palestinian parliamentary elections held on schedule and hopes to do well in them, the sources said.

As for Fatah, it will make no difference if a few rogue groups start trying to commit suicide bombings, they said.

Israel is more concerned over the growing anarchy in the Palestinian Authority.

Sheikh Hassan Yusuf, one of the most senior Hamas leaders in the West Bank, who has been imprisoned in Israel for the past two months, announced yesterday that he would not contend on the Hamas list in the elections. Hamas sources said Yusuf made this decision because of internal dissension between the movement's local and overseas leadership.

IDF on high alert for Islamic Jihad suicide bombs

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »

Jan. 1, 2006 20:46
Ahmadinejad: Israel created to complete Holocaust
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
TEHRAN, Iran

Hard-line Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who said the Nazi attempt to eradicate Jews in the Holocaust was "myth," has now charged that European countries sought to complete the genocide by establishing Israel, a Jewish state in the midst of Muslim countries.

"Don't you think that continuation of genocide by expelling Jews from Europe was one of their (the Europeans') aims in creating a regime of occupiers of Al-Quds (Jerusalem)?" the official Islamic Republic News agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. "Isn't that an important question?"

Ahmadinejad said Europeans had decided to create a "Jewish camp" as the best means for ridding the continent of Jews and said the camp, Israel, now enjoyed support from the United States and Europe in what he termed the slaughter of Muslims.

Ahmadinejad: Israel created to complete Holocaust

My note; The man just can't seem to make up his mind. Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2006, 05:06:02 PM »

'Palestinians agree':
Wipe Israel off map
Arab leader claims there's consensus Iran's president correct with solution
January 1, 2006
4:53 p.m. Eastern

A senior Palestinian official says Palestinians share the sentiment of Iran's president that Israel should be "wiped off the map," or at the very least, moved to Europe.

The statement from Mahir al-Tahir, representative of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, was reported by the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting News Network.

In November, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threatened to "wipe Israel off the map."

Then in December, he suggested European nations should give up some of their territory if they believed the World War II-era Holocaust took place, noting, "certain European countries would have the world go with their stand that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and have passed laws punishing anyone who says anything to the contrary."

"Granting without accepting that the Holocaust did occur, our question to the Europeans is: 'If innocent Jews were indeed butchered by Hitler, why should Palestinians be made to pay the cost in order to seek redress for the occupiers of Jerusalem?'"

Ahmadinejad continued: "If the killing of Jews in Europe is true and the Zionists are being supported because of this excuse, why should the Palestinian nation pay the price?"

"The Islamic world should give up its policy of passivity and deal with the Palestinian issue more actively," he said.

On Friday, al-Tahir of the PFLP stated Ahmadinejad's view is based on historical realities.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2006, 05:26:20 PM »

This is for a note, since both Pastor Roger, and myself are posting about the Holocaust.

This is from research I did a while back....

Country...... Population ... Number of Jews killed., and percentage.

1. Poland............ 3,300,000 .... 2,800,000..... 85.0
2. USSR ..............2,100.000.....1,500,000......71.4
3. Romania............. 850,000 ..... 425,000...... 50.0
4. Hungary .............404,000...... 200,000 ......49.5
5. Czechoslovakia.....315,000 ......260,000....... 82.5
6. France............... 300,000 .......90,000 ......30.0
7. Germany............. 210,000 ......171,000 ..... 81.0
8. Lithuania............ 150,000 ......135,000.......90.0
9. Holland................150,000 ........90,000.......60.0
10. Latvia ................95,000 ........85,000.......89.5
11. Belgium............. 90,000..... ...40,000....... 44.4
12. Greece...............75,000 ........65,000 .......80.0
13. Yugoslavia..........75,000... .....55,000 .......73.3
14. Austria.............. 60,000 ........40,000....... 66.6
15. Italy.................. 57,000 ........15,000 ..... 26.3
16. Bulgaria............. 50,000 .........7,000 .......14.0
17. Others............... 20,000 .........6,000 .......30.0
......................... _________ ..... ________... ____
Totals ................. 8,301,000 ...5,978,000.......72.0%

Resesarching I have found that 72%, of the jews in europe, were killed. This figure counts, death camps, combat, and others.  Cry

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the