Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?  (Read 36050 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2004, 03:41:31 PM »

Amen Brother Joshua,

You are 100% correct. The Gospel of the Grace of God is never wasted. We must keep giving the Good News, even if we are spit on during the attempt.

I do have several burdens on my heart about sharing the Gospel. I give thanks for extremely strong young Christians who are grounded firmly in His Word. Brother, you come to mind when I think about this issue. I'm not worried about the devil being able to confuse you or turn you away from Jesus. You are not a babe in Christ, but many are. I'm burdened about the babes in Christ or those who are about to make a decision for Christ that the devil will get at them, even here on Christians Unite. I'm not thinking about our little differences that all Christians have in doctrine, rather doctrine that is not of Christ at all. I know that we have many sweet Christians here who pray about this and try really hard to make the Gospel of the Grace of God stand out as a beacon for the world to see. I am absolutely positive that God is working here, and God is using our sweet Christians here to reach the lost. I'm also positive that many babes in Christ are growing stronger because of the work being done here.

This is simply another good time to thank all of the Christians here who post the Gospel of the Grace of God. It's also a good time to give thanks for the prayer here, the lifting up of each other in times of trial and illness, and the building up of each other in Christ. All of the glory and praise goes to God.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Brothers and Sisters, it makes me very happy to say that I love you. I give thanks that God us using us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2004, 04:33:40 PM »

Amen Darwinatridge,

Brother, that was an excellent and timely post. As Christians, we should expect to be attacked with greater frequency and intensity. If this is the end times, and I think it is, Christians will most certainly become objects to curse and mock. Eventually, Christians will also be physically attacked or worse. Only God knows how bad things will get before Jesus comes to take us home.

I simply pray that God gives us strength to stand up and keep doing His work until His appointed time.

Love In Christ,
Tom  

Brothers, Christians are already being persecuted throughout this world. We have been very fortunate to be in the mercy of God here in America where we still have mans laws that protect us and these freedoms.

I do agree that these freedoms are threatened and are being taken from us.

There is a multi-denominational request for an International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church to take place on Nov 14th this year.

For more information on this I provide the following links.

http://www.persecutedchurch.org/index.cfm

http://www.idop.org/

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2004, 05:44:28 PM »

In the one short day that this thread has been "on the air", the following has happened to your brothers and sisters in Christ somewhere in the world.

40 have been murdered for their faith.

200 have been imprisoned.

455 have been beaten.

Cry

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2004, 06:57:14 PM »

The crusades
The Spanish Inquisition
The Reformation
The witch trials
The Holocaust

All that death and more iin the name of Christ.

The Holocaust was in the name of Christ???

Here's some "non religious" death hogs, you may not have heard of. I'll only list a few of them, as this web site isn't big enough to add them all...

Stalin

Hitler

Pol Pot

Idi Amin

Mussolini

Mao Zedong

Muammar al-Qaddafi

Kim Jong Il

Bashar al-Assad

Robert Mugabe

Augusto Pinochet

Should I list all the Caesars? How about the Mongols? or the Islamists?

Bronzesnake

Dude!  When did you become a non-religious death hog?   Grin  Okokokokok...you were signing your post.  But it just seemed awful humorous seeing your name at the bottom of the list!   Cheesy

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2004, 07:01:47 PM »

It's always saddening to me to see how missinformed some people are.  The numbers given of "civilian" deaths is pretty inacurrate.  I've seen some people claiming as much as 200,000 or more and this was last year.  Now it's back down to 100,000.  It's also intersting to see how uber pacifists claim US soldiers are killing babies even when it was a suicide bombing that killed them.  The argument is that it is our fault for being there.  I REALLY love the mentions of this being a war for oil and monetary gain.  I must have missed were all that money is coming from.  Oh yeah were is all that cheap oil.   Roll Eyes

I also enjoy  Roll Eyes people who think the pope the dali lama etc are the most intelligent people on earth.  Yes, those opposed to Christ are most deffinately the most intelligent poeple on earth.   Huh

Yupyup!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2004, 07:09:23 PM »

Heylo. Just wanted to throw my two cents in again about the troll situation. Smiley There were a few on here that i'd suspected as being trolls, but i just pray for them. and Tom...i have something i want to discuss with you in PM or E-mail sometime man...about the other name you called the trolls. I say go get them, but do so in prayer if you havn't already. lol. you said we were the subject of laughter and mockery. Let them continue to laugh at us, for their reward is here on earth, ours is in Heaven. Let's count it as a blessing because even if they are laughing at us and mocking us...they won't mock God, and if they have even read 1% of the threads on this site, they will not stand unaccountable in front of God Almighty. So we've done our job. The Gospel has and will continue to be presented on this site, and those who read it will be held responsible for their actions. and they will be without excuse. So as for the trolls. Go git them, but count it as a blessing that they did that to us. We'll continue on in the Spirit of God and continue to discuss Christian matters and doctrine. Smiley I'm done with my two cents for now. And for the trolls...those that are still here...you will be held accountable for your actions. You will not have an excuse and you will stand before the Almighty. So the question I pose is this: Eternity? Smoking or non? God Bless

In His Service,
Joshua

I'll say Tom's moniker for them was far less lacking in sanctification than mine!  Cheesy  But then, I'm being changed.  Takes time, but God still faithfully shows us where the "buttons" we have are, and changes their functions daily.   Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2004, 10:36:53 PM »

In the one short day that this thread has been "on the air", the following has happened to your brothers and sisters in Christ somewhere in the world.

455 have been beaten.

Cry

Evangelist,

Brother, can I assume correctly these numbers are missionaries, those feeding the hungry, and those providing medical attention to the dying?

I have seen several news spots about feelings of great loss in areas where people laboring for those in need were killed. I guess the color, the nationality, or the religious affiliation of the worker was the only concern, and the killers thought nothing about their own people starving and dying. I sometimes wonder if these killings are done because the warlords don't want the people to like or appreciate those who are trying to help them. It's really hard to make sense of.

I do have many missionaries in my family serving in dangerous places, and the local people have saved them from being killed numerous times. They have their own children with them, and they simply trust that God's will be done. They've tried to explain it to me numerous times, and I still don't understand it. I understand the trust in God - I just don't understand why anyone would wish to harm someone trying to help the people of the killers. Thinking they are spies or US agents of some sort would seem to be the only logic involved. The other side of the coin involves thinking that they actually want to see their own people starve and die.

Brother Hank, I feel certain that God will send more workers and missionaries to take the place of those who have fallen. We can and should pray for them. It's horrible to think that many thousands of desperate people depend on help for survival, and then the helpers are killed or beaten.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2004, 02:15:41 AM »

Amen Brother Joshua,

I do have several burdens on my heart about sharing the Gospel. I give thanks for extremely strong young Christians who are grounded firmly in His Word. Brother, you come to mind when I think about this issue. I'm not worried about the devil being able to confuse you or turn you away from Jesus. You are not a babe in Christ, but many are. I'm burdened about the babes in Christ or those who are about to make a decision for Christ that the devil will get at them, even here on Christians Unite. I'm not thinking about our little differences that all Christians have in doctrine, rather doctrine that is not of Christ at all. I know that we have many sweet Christians here who pray about this and try really hard to make the Gospel of the Grace of God stand out as a beacon for the world to see. I am absolutely positive that God is working here, and God is using our sweet Christians here to reach the lost. I'm also positive that many babes in Christ are growing stronger because of the work being done here.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Brothers and Sisters, it makes me very happy to say that I love you. I give thanks that God us using us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Tom, I would have to say in concerning those that are babes in Christ that He will keep them.  The LORD is not willing that any should perish, and that if we are in His hand no one can pluck us from it.

I truly believe that God will not let His children be taken away from Him because it is in His word.  IF one has truly given themselves to Jesus they will stay though persecution comes.

I don't mean to say I'm not worried about those young and insecure in the faith but in the end only God does anything good.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2004, 11:46:30 AM »

Brother, can I assume correctly these numbers are missionaries, those feeding the hungry, and those providing medical attention to the dying?

Tom, no, they aren't. As a matter of fact, there are only a few throughout a given year that fall into that category, although it generally makes the news.

The vast majority, by far, are the believers in a given area that have converted, and are then persecuted by either their neighbors or the government.

Like "Josi". A Phillipino, converted from Islam last year, shot to death during a prayer meeting last month.

Or Soong...arrested by the DPRK on his 10th trip into NK with a load of bibles for some underground churches....hung by the heels from a bridge, it took him 5 days to die.

Or the twelve members of an "unauthorized" church in China...held in a prison for 8 months, they were marched into a sports stadium in front of several thousand people, and executed with a shot to the head for "fomenting discord with the People's government and preaching religion."  The execution took place because they could not be "re-habilitated" (would not renounce Christ).

Or the Montagnards of Vietnam....almost 100% Christian, they are being systematically exterminated, village by village.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2004, 12:29:05 PM »

Tom, no, they aren't. As a matter of fact, there are only a few throughout a given year that fall into that category, although it generally makes the news.

The vast majority, by far, are the believers in a given area that have converted, and are then persecuted by either their neighbors or the government.

Like "Josi". A Phillipino, converted from Islam last year, shot to death during a prayer meeting last month.

Or Soong...arrested by the DPRK on his 10th trip into NK with a load of bibles for some underground churches....hung by the heels from a bridge, it took him 5 days to die.

Or the twelve members of an "unauthorized" church in China...held in a prison for 8 months, they were marched into a sports stadium in front of several thousand people, and executed with a shot to the head for "fomenting discord with the People's government and preaching religion."  The execution took place because they could not be "re-habilitated" (would not renounce Christ).

Or the Montagnards of Vietnam....almost 100% Christian, they are being systematically exterminated, village by village.

I would have believed an even higher number than those that you gave especially with the situation in Nigeria, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other such countries today.

Even here in the U.S. there is an increase of such activity against Christians since the election although it is not as widespread as it is in those other countries.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2004, 05:30:25 PM »

Saved_4ever,

Thanks brother. You are obviously right about no power in Heaven or Earth can pluck a child out of the might Hands of Jesus.

Our part is much more than just doing the best that we can. We can and should pray that God guides us, gives us strength, and uses us according to His Will. I give thanks that the end result and real power is in God, and always has been. We fail pretty often, but God never fails, and we can pray that He directs our feeble efforts. Let me quickly say that I know that I fail often, too often. However, I still feel led to keep trying.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2004, 05:42:12 PM »

455 have been beaten.

Cry

Brother Hank,

I didn't know about this, and it makes me very sad. This is a stark reminder that we shouldn't take our freedom to worship for granted. There are a lot of things wrong with America, but there are also a lot of good things that we really don't appreciate. Innocent people being killed because of their belief in Jesus is yet another sign that the end of this age might be near.

When we open our Bibles and worship our Saviour, we should be remembering those who die for what we take for granted. Here we are, safe and secure, being able to study and worship in peace. This is yet another Gift and Blessing we don't deserve.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Wes

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2004, 01:00:43 AM »

I know that this is kind of late in the game to be getting into this thread, but here goes.

It seems to me that most everyone here in opposition to the Iraqi war has forgotten that Saddam Hussein committed one of the largest genocides in human history.  He has brutally murdered millions of Kurds and of his fellow Iraqis.  This war was not fought for monetary gain or for political gain or anything of the sort.  You underestimate our president.  I challenge you to try and find some letters from soldiers that are in Iraq and read them, or listen to them (talk radio is a good place for this).  The men and women bravely serving this country are very optimistic and are told each day by Iraqi civilians that their efforts are greatly appreciated.  The media, of course, does not tell you these things because they want you to hate Bush.  I heard a letter from a soldier in Iraq where he talked about attending a church service at his military base in Baghdad and he was writing home to tell his family that "God is in this place."  amen.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2004, 01:27:29 AM »

I know that this is kind of late in the game to be getting into this thread, but here goes.

It seems to me that most everyone here in opposition to the Iraqi war has forgotten that Saddam Hussein committed one of the largest genocides in human history.  He has brutally murdered millions of Kurds and of his fellow Iraqis.  This war was not fought for monetary gain or for political gain or anything of the sort.  You underestimate our president.  I challenge you to try and find some letters from soldiers that are in Iraq and read them, or listen to them (talk radio is a good place for this).  The men and women bravely serving this country are very optimistic and are told each day by Iraqi civilians that their efforts are greatly appreciated.  The media, of course, does not tell you these things because they want you to hate Bush.  I heard a letter from a soldier in Iraq where he talked about attending a church service at his military base in Baghdad and he was writing home to tell his family that "God is in this place."  amen.
Well said Wes, course you have to remember. That the media, is also racial. They only give the news they think, people want to hear. They ignore what is important, news, good or bad.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2004, 11:23:13 AM »

You are so right, Wes. It was not monetary gain. We get less than 1% of our oil from Iraq. Hardly enough to even consider. It had nothing to do with political gain because wars are never "popular". Saddam Hussein was a real and serious threat to world peace and so were his sons. He refused to back down. At the time of the start of the war he was working towards getting nuclear capability through the French and other such countries.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the