Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:24:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I bet we make God laugh!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I bet we make God laugh!!!  (Read 857 times)
Pixie

LLPHPG ~ Live Long, Play Hard, Praise God

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:42:55 AM »

I know that I've been posting a lot of these little stories, but I think they are cute, and have some kind of message b-hind them!!! My friends send them to me through E-mails, and if I smile, I post!!! :-)
-Pixie

We all have memories of our childhood that are both good and bad. I suppose we look at both and end up smiling or laughing at our naïve actions! I have one very clear memory that always brings a smile to my face.
I grew up in an apartment that had air conditioning, but also had the necessary structure built to sustain fans in case someone couldn't afford air conditioning. So, if you would look up at the ceiling, you would see a tiny loop-to hang the fan-and a semi-circle with a little hole in the center (where the electricity goes). Of course I was too young to know that, and always thought that since I was indoors and God couldn't see me, the hole was there for him to look from. I must've been only 4 or 5, but my memory is so vivid.
As God could only see me through that tiny hole, it meant that he couldn't see me in the bathroom. I also thought that if I stood really still in a corner, he would not see or hear me. It wasn’t that I was doing anything wrong, because I wasn't, but it was the idea that I could hide from God that intrigued me. Adults always told me that God could always see me, but I was going to outsmart them both!! I would enter the room on tiptoes and directly go into the corner and face the wall. So that if you were looking through the hole, you couldn't see me, and if you could, you'd only see my tiny feet!! You see, they were wrong, God couldn't see me there.
Of course, this worked the other way around also. If I really wanted something from Him, or if I was hurt, I would stand or sit directly under that tiny opening and talk to him. I would show Him a scab, or tell him what my brothers did. I was sure God would be listening, and he could see me full view!
As children we do the most amazing things, and as we grow older we realize how wonderfully beautiful our innocence was. As I grew older and realized that I was wrong, I chuckled to myself because I was sure God was laughing as I was so seriously trying to hide. I can almost feel him as a loving father watching me, and not wanting to tell me I was way wrong!

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

LOL! good story pixie!  ...  thats like  a little child running away from home...all the way to the neighbors house  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pixie

LLPHPG ~ Live Long, Play Hard, Praise God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 03:12:17 PM »

LOL! good story pixie!  ...  thats like  a little child running away from home...all the way to the neighbors house  Grin

LOL Shylynne...  :DYa know, I think I did that once or twice when I was a youngen'!!!  Tongue

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the