Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117188 times)
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2004, 01:03:41 PM »

Romans.5:8. 'God demonstrated His own love to us in this way, while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
Romans.10:9. That if you will confess with your mouth Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved. Salvation is accepting by faith that Jesus Christ died for you your sin and took the full penalty and judgement for it, so that through His sacrifice, God can declare you righteous, and make you a child of God and a member of the Body of Christ. This is only the beginning of Gods work.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 01:05:05 PM by Warrior For Christ » Logged
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2004, 01:42:54 PM »

Grin  We are justified by faith.  Christ purchased us with a price--His Blood.  Each of us that believe in Jesus Christ as Our Lord is justified by faith.  We are both the Body of Christ and the BRIDE of Christ.  Do you think that CHRIST would be the kind of Lord that forces His bride?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

That's specifically why He doesn't demand works!!  Out of our love we should show them because if we don't have love in our heart, maybe our Lord isn't done wooing us.  One this that is sure is that by our works we can check if Christ is working on us.  We can see if we are pleasing our Lord.  But for reals guys and gals, if you were a purchased Bride, would service on demand by Your Lord be a thing that would compell your heart to love?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

No, that's why we are released from the works--Yet it is the works that show us where there is true love or love lacking.  And why would love be lacking--?? Maybe the faith is dead?  

We however are justified by our faith.  And those of us who claim to be Christ's representatives aren't supposed to be going around demanding service from Christ's purchased Bride.  

Justified by faith

Justified by faith.

Purchased with a price.

The Bride of Christ

He wants love to be the reason for your works and sacrifice.  Otherwise we're a bunch of fakers.  Any guys out there enjoy fakers?HuhHuh

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Satire

I believe in Christ, the Son of God.

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2004, 03:37:38 PM »

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your posts Warrior.

"Most" Calvinists or hmm I am a baptist believe any "innocent" is saved until the age of accountability. Thus a mentally challenged person or child who dies before they may respond to (or even hear ... understand) the Holy Spirit's wooing are under grace even if yes the moment they are born their nature is selfish and sinful. Contradict? No nor is this worth debating in my eyes. Could I be wrong. Yes I know in many areas I shall be given insight from God and corrected. It is what I believe though. Nor will I toss scripture about and belittle God's word. If one is seeking wisdom yes scripture is profitable for ... thus good to share one with another. I doubt each here will change their opinions though and ponder to what purpose they debate this? Yet to utilize scripture to condemn ... Huh. Why?

We believe grace is by faith alone and no work is involved beyond acceptance. Yet by semantics you may of truth yell. You have to believe in the word of God first! Plenial verbal ... Trinity ... Divine inspiration ...  You have to ... Works! It is but who we are and what we believe. He outlines the basic plan we as Baptists follow or so far as I have read he does. My mother belongs to the Assembly church, my best friend to the Catholic, my sister to the Lutheran ....

I trust each loves God and is saved. James asked a question and was heart sick over lip service which must have occurred back then as ... perhaps it does today. Just think they gave lip service 2000 years ago. Wow! Nothing new under the sun! However James does not contradict the plan of salvation. (or in my opinion) Just asks an honest question. You say you love God and believe Christ died for you then why do you live in willful disobedience? He pointed out a simple truth. Love and faith are to follow. Christian means Christ One or Christ follower. .... We may always rip scripture apart and use what we desire. It must fit together as a whole.

Repent and be Baptized .... We or I do not believe Baptism saves anyone yet I would wonder at someone who belonged to the church for 20 years and never took that step.  Why because they did not "do" the work or act? No I as James would ask where is their Faith in action? If they say they love God then why do they not follow?

My sheep hear my voice ...

Yet do I as a Baptist condemn my mother or sister? No I believe they serve God o the best of their hearts and deeply love him. Nor do I believe any one "local" Body has all the answers I believe this is only seen in the whole bride not a mere part.  Yet I feel I am where I belong and would I attend their bible studies? No I would end up debating and this serves no good purpose in God's house when it becomes a fight. I but push away those who may have come to understand whom Christ is.

Sorry so long;
Satire
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2004, 04:20:24 PM »

Thanks Candice Cavalier and Satire

Warrior For Christ
« Reply #319 on: April 27, 2004, 04:24:05 PM »

The new life of a Christian is not turning over a new leaf and trying harder but is the new life of Christ by the Holy Spirit within the believers quickened spirit. Eph.2:5.
The divine nature of God becomes one with our spirit.2Peter.1:4.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2004, 05:42:10 AM »

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be SAVED BY HIS LIFE" (Rom. 5:10).

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2004, 10:03:10 PM »

Where Are You Going?

Please stop and answer this question. Do you know where you are going? As we enter the 21st century, it seems our lives are becoming increasingly busy. Even with all of the modern conveniences and technological advances, we are extremely preoccupied and overcommitted. Many are pursuing education, careers, raising families, and trying to meet financial responsibilities. These and countless other "things" consume us and we hardly have time to stop and think! Please... take a few moments to think now!

Do you know where you are going when it's too late for you to control your eternal destiny? Where are you going when you die?! This is a sobering question and must be faced. Friend, there is a day coming when we will all face the Creator of the universe. Everyone will have time for that appointment.

Will you face Him as a friend or foe? You can answer this question with assurance.

Do you ever ask yourself, "What is the purpose of my life?" "Why do I exist?" "Does my life have meaning?" If you are like the rest of mankind, you are looking for peace, happiness, contentment, and a sense of worth. You want to be loved!

All of this can be found in a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ is the answer and solution to your questions and problems!

Psalm 34:8 says, "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him." You may have heard these things before, but never personally experienced Christ's love for yourself. You may even think you have to clean up your life first, but you don't! Christ is willing to take you just like you are. Everyone has sinned and come short of the glory of God. (Rom.3:23) That is why Christ died for us. What you need to do is believe in Him, and thankfully accept His salvation as a free gift. Once you have done this, then He can clean up your life. The best we can do by ourselves is really worthless without Christ.

(read Isaiah 64:6)

Soberly consider the following verses:

Mathew 11:28 "Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Romans 10:13 "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

John 3:16,17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved"

If you do not ask Christ into your heart, you will never know real peace. A dreadful future awaits you, and you will be eternally without Christ in Hell. What you choose to do with Him today, will determine what He will do with you tomorrow. Please accept Him today!

It doesn't matter how successful you may be in this life. Without Him all is hopeless! Mark 8:36 says..."For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Psalm 127:1 says... "unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.."

If you have already invited Christ into your life, you have experienced the Lord's goodness and love. Now that you are saved, you have a new life. When you walk in this new life you will want to please Him.

Did you know all Christians are placed into the same Church the moment they are saved? And that Christ who is the head of His Church commands Christians to walk together? He even prayed that we would be one so the world would believe. He wants our hearts and actions to be in harmony, which will present a united testimony to the lost.

(please see 1Cor. 1:10, Eph. 4:1-6, Col. 1:18, and John 17.)
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2004, 08:37:55 AM »

AMEN!!!!!

Did you know all Christians are placed into the same Church the moment they are saved? And that Christ who is the head of His Church commands Christians to walk together? He even prayed that we would be one so the world would believe. He wants our hearts and actions to be in harmony, which will present a united testimony to the lost.

And AMEN!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2004, 02:51:42 PM »

Unfortunately Warriors gospel is a works gospel.
Guaranteeing salvation by the work you perform and making God obligated to obey man.
Man is not God ruling God.
It is the gospel of the so called altar call, an invention of an American Evangelist, Charles G. Finney in the 1820’s. And made famous by Billy Graham.
You are not saved unless your heart has been changed. It is an operation that is done by God.

Deuteronomy 30:6  And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

With a changed heart we are a new creature.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We are born again.

John 3:3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

What can anybody contribute to their birth?
God saves in numerous ways. John the Baptist was still in the womb when he was saved.

Luke 1:41  And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
Luke 1:44  For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

And Jeremiah was also saved while still in the womb.

Jeremiah 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

No decision making there.
The paralytic man came to Jesus to be healed of his paralysis. Instead Jesus forgave him of his sins. There was no believing Jesus was the savior.

Mark 2:5  When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

He received salvation but he didn’t ask for it or seek it.
A dead person has no freewill. A dead person can’t believe. A dead person can’t actively receive.
We have an interesting story in Lazarus.
4 days in the grave -- he was rotting.
Jesus commanded him to come forth and he did.

John 11:43  And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

Man is spiritually dead.
Jesus calling Lazarus is a picture of salvation.
How do the dead believe?

John 11:25  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Do the dead have freewill? Do the dead choose? How do the dead receive life?

Ephesians 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Ephesians 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Our salvation is dependent COMPLETELY on Gods grace. His Mercy. He chooses Who he is going to be merciful to.

Romans 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

So what can we do? Is there no hope? Should we just sit around and wait for God to hit us in the back of the head with salvation? NO!!!
Get on your knees. Plead with God for mercy. Seek him out in the word. Read and study and pray. Do everything you can to keep yourself from sin. Show God you are SERIOUS about wanting to spend your life with Him.

Luke 18:13  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

God is merciful. He is not obligated to save you, but who knows perhaps He will. One thing is very likely if you do not seek him it is very unlikely you will find him.
Sadly on judgment day there are going to be a lot of people who thought they did what was necessary to get themselves saved. They did the work required. Everyone told them, “You’ve done it, you have come forward and confessed and asked Jesus into your heart. Now you are saved.”
They go to work to convince others to join up. They teach Sunday school. They become pastors. Missionaries. Etc. Working to cast the world of the devil out of others. Unfortunately they trusted in their work, not Gods work in them.

Matthew 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2004, 05:18:57 PM »

One thing I should have added.
Can someone plead to God for mercy and not have already accepted Jesus as their savior?
I don't see how.
The significant difference here is, do we base our salvation on our accepting Jesus, or do we base it on Jesus accepting us.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2004, 03:04:09 PM »

1 Cor. 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Mark well that the Body of Christ has a total forgiveness of sins because our fellowship is not based on law, but grace. Hence, we have fellowship based on the fact that God is faithful. It is not based on us doing anything. We do not have to be good Christians, we do not have to bear fruit etc. because my relationship with God is not based on me. It is based on the fact that GOD did, and that He is faithful to what He already has accomplished. Furthermore, once I believe the Gospel, I am instantly placed into an unbreakable fellowship with Him. A fellowship that is based on the fact that He (Not I), is faithful. According to verse 30 above, I then am found to be "In Christ", hence, Jesus Christ is my "wisdom', "righteousness", "sanctification", and "redemption". This, my friends, is a reality the minute you believe. This is why we are no longer under the law.

Romans 3:31

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish (bear out) the law.

By the fact that Jesus Christ kept it (the law) perfectly, and I'm "in Christ" we establish the law. Once more this had nothing to do with me, but everything to do with the finished work of Jesus. Therefore, the law has no dominion over me because Jesus kept it perfectly and I'm in Him!

Romans 6:14 where the Apostle Paul tells me I am not under law but under grace.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2004, 06:28:17 PM »

Good posts, you guys!!!!!!
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2004, 04:46:28 AM »

Amen

A fellowship that is based on the fact that He (Not I), is faithful. According to 1 Cor. 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2004, 07:01:25 AM »

Unfortunately they trusted in their work, not Gods work in them.

BIG difference! Amen!  Smiley

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

Salvation is by Faith

For by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

"Religion" is man's best effort to reach up to God, but Christ is God's only method to reach down to man in forgiveness and offer him true life."

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the