Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117680 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2003, 02:01:35 PM »

THE END OF THE LAW-CURSE

Scripture Reading:  Romans 10:4

Those professing Christians who today live under the law, have failed to understand and/or accept the significance of Calvary.  Such was the condition in the church at Galatians when the apostle Paul was moved to upbraid them for their faithless behavior.  "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:  for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all the things which are written in the book of the law to do them...Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse FOR US:  for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" (Galatians 3:10,13).

The attempt to "follow Christ" by striving to emulate His earthly walk, is a totally futile effort.  He did not minister to us at that time, but to Israel.  And He said to them (the Jews) at that time, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law...I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." He was born under the law, He lived under total obedience to the law, He
ministered the law.  This is not the Christ that we know in this present dispensation of grace.  "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

When ministering to Israel, He admonished them, "One jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).  But through the apostle Paul, the risen, heavenly seated Christ declared to the Church which is His Body, that He has "forgiven you all trespasses, blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross" (Colossians 2:13, 14).

Like the foolish Galatians, untold numbers of Christians still labor under the law, thinking to please God.  But He has told us, "By GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God:  NOT OF WORKS, lest any many should boast" (Ephesians 2:8, 9). "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1).

By PASTOR ROBERT HANNA

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
ollie
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2003, 03:41:23 PM »

The answer to the question, "Am I Going to Heaven" is:

Rev. 14:12.  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14.  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Thank you Lord for calling the faithful to Your work through  the gospel of your son Jesus Christ..
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2003, 05:11:05 PM »

Here in Rev 14, in its context;  is towards the end of the tribulation on the earth, many will turn to do the commandments of God, desiring to be saved, but as Galatians tells us, the end of the observance of the Commandments of God, are coming to Christ, for the Law of God, is our tutor who brings everyone to Christ, and when the law has done it's job, we are no longer under the law.. but, under Grace, (Gal 3:24)

To take one verse out of context as though to prove, man must obey the commandments to be saved, is being deceitfull, and to handle the word deceitfully, is to be dishonest..

2 Cor 4
4:1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfullybut by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rev 14
9  And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13  And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Understanding this well, will enlighten, them of  what the end of the commandments really is.

Jesus said;

13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rom 4
4  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Obedience to Jesus's commandments, is not to obtain salvation, but to show gratitude by obedieance out of a good conscience towards God, for His Mercy and Grace.

While Rev 22, speaks of the tree of life, it is not by the keeping of the commandments, but by the doing of His commandments that these shall be be their authority to the tree of life;  .........quite a difference. (According to the Greek language)

God has commanded that they who are heirs, shall have a right to the tree of life.  

So it is not, what some try to teach and force upon the good Word of God.

For keeping the commandments can no flesh be justified in His sight, for the the commandments comes the knowledge of Sin.

Rev 2
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

1 Jhn 5
4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Conclusion;

Only by Faith can those who overcome the world are victorious, by  Faith in Jesus Christ, and ony these can keep his commandments, and they are not to obtain salvation, but they are evidence of already possessing salvation, in these earthen vessels, obedience to repent and be born again, gives every believer the authority to partake of the Tree of Life, because he is an heir, those who have obeyed.

This explains 1 Pet 1:22..

God Bless,

Petro
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 05:20:25 PM by Petro » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2003, 04:07:29 AM »

Here in Rev 14, in its context;  is towards the end of the tribulation on the earth, many will turn to do the commandments of God, desiring to be saved, but as Galatians tells us, the end of the observance of the Commandments of God, are coming to Christ, for the Law of God, is our tutor who brings everyone to Christ, and when the law has done it's job, we are no longer under the law.. but, under Grace, (Gal 3:24)

To take one verse out of context as though to prove, man must obey the commandments to be saved, is being deceitfull, and to handle the word deceitfully, is to be dishonest..

2 Cor 4
4:1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfullybut by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rev 14
9  And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13  And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Understanding this well, will enlighten, them of  what the end of the commandments really is.

Jesus said;

13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rom 4
4  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Obedience to Jesus's commandments, is not to obtain salvation, but to show gratitude by obedieance out of a good conscience towards God, for His Mercy and Grace.

While Rev 22, speaks of the tree of life, it is not by the keeping of the commandments, but by the doing of His commandments that these shall be be their authority to the tree of life;  .........quite a difference. (According to the Greek language)

God has commanded that they who are heirs, shall have a right to the tree of life.  

So it is not, what some try to teach and force upon the good Word of God.

For keeping the commandments can no flesh be justified in His sight, for the the commandments comes the knowledge of Sin.

Rev 2
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

1 Jhn 5
4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Conclusion;

Only by Faith can those who overcome the world are victorious, by  Faith in Jesus Christ, and ony these can keep his commandments, and they are not to obtain salvation, but they are evidence of already possessing salvation, in these earthen vessels, obedience to repent and be born again, gives every believer the authority to partake of the Tree of Life, because he is an heir, those who have obeyed.

This explains 1 Pet 1:22..

God Bless,

Petro

Thanks Petro, good teaching

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2003, 06:43:43 PM »

One More Time Ollie

Like the foolish Galatians, untold numbers of Christians still labor under the law, thinking to please God.  But He has told us, "By GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God:  NOT OF WORKS, lest any many should boast" (Ephesians 2:8, 9). "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2003, 08:08:37 AM »

How blessed we are to live at a time when God's plan of
salvation has been fully revealed, and that we can now look
to the Lord Jesus Christ and exclaim with Paul: "He loved
me, and gave Himself for me!" (Gal. 2:20).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2003, 09:53:18 PM »

What Will Do It?

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh precious is the flow. That makes me white as snow. No other fount I know Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Not water Not church attendance Not the Pope Not the law of Moses Not penance Not long prayers (or short ones either) Not turning from sin Not giving up booze Not doing good deeds Not Mary Not seed faith Not confession Not doing your best Not getting mad at me Not asking Jesus into your heart Not talking in tongues Not Benny Hinn Not the church Not Peter, James and John Did I say – Not water?? Not water!

Nothing but the blood of Jesus!!

By Pastor Doug Dodd S.B.G.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

ollie
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2003, 07:52:53 PM »

Matthew 7:21.  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Are you doing? If you are then the Lord says you shall enter the kingdom of heaven.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2003, 01:14:47 AM »

Matthew 7:21.  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Are you doing? If you are then the Lord says you shall enter the kingdom of heaven.

Ollie,

You are twisting the scriptures again,

The will of God, is that none should perish but that all should come to repentance, those that don't will never see the Kingdom.

Jesus, said to Nicodemus,

I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God., never mind about entering it.

We know this because God has given to us the understanding to know this...because Jesus said;

Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Lk 8:10

How can you quote verses in their context whehn you leave out verses which are part ofm the passage , when trying to point out truth, one should always post verses whic haccompany  the verse referenced, notice verse 22, goes with verse 21.

22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Please note when this will be.

At Mat 25:34, "that day" is expounded upon by Jesus, when He speaks about the gathering of believers and unbelievers, depicted as the sheep and the goats. Verse 34 makes it plain the sheep inherit the Kingdom, spoken of at Mat 7.

Everyone of these did something, the sheep never even gave it much thought about what and to whom they did,  from their response to the Son of Man, the King (Vs 31,34), when he said to them, "You did it unto me"; their repsonse was;

37 .............. Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

The others did the same things (refer back to Mat 7:22), they even claimed to do, many wonderful works in thy name?

So what is the difference of what the sheep did, which caused them to inherit the Kingdom??

The answer is found in the word "inherit", your attention is invited to Titus 3:4-7, the heirs, inherit the kingdom.

How about Heb 6:17-18, or Rom 8:1-17..

Again, Ollie it is not in the doing of what you think needs to be done to enter into the kingdom, it is a matter of having done and having become an heir, thru the word of God, by Grace thru Faith.

Godf Bless

Petro

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2003, 04:48:58 AM »

What Will Do It?

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh precious is the flow. That makes me white as snow. No other fount I know Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Not water Not church attendance Not the Pope Not the law of Moses Not penance Not long prayers (or short ones either) Not turning from sin Not giving up booze Not doing good deeds Not Mary Not seed faith Not confession Not doing your best Not getting mad at me Not asking Jesus into your heart Not talking in tongues Not Benny Hinn Not the church Not Peter, James and John Did I say – Not water?? Not water!

Nothing but the blood of Jesus!!

By Pastor Doug Dodd S.B.G.

AAAAAAAAMEN Bro

Nothing but the blood of Jesus! And AAAAAAAMen111

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
ROBIN

KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2003, 10:49:35 AM »

Fruits of the Spirit, Gal. 5:22, 23;  Eph. 5:9

But the fruit of the spirit is love, longsuffering, faith, joy, gentleness, meekness, peace, goodness, temperance, righteousness, and truth.
     The fruit is what is produced by you,  it is what YOU DO.  This is what we, as christians and believers, are to do, how we are to act.  Yes, God expects us to behave in a certain way.  It is a choice, a free will, to choose God and to live according to His Word.  Yes, we must give an account of everything we say and do on Judgement day, christians and sinners.

You are an educated person, I can tell.  We must take all of the scriptures in the Bible and look at the Big Picture, not just pick and choose the ones that fit what we want to say.

Thank you, Robin

SHARE FREELY WITH OTHERS
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2003, 05:21:59 PM »

"looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity..." (Titus 2:13, 14).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

ollie
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2003, 06:32:59 PM »

One More Time Ollie

Paul used the law of Moses and the prophets to persuade the Jews at Rome of Christ. Are todays Christians allowed to do this? Christ brought the law of Moses to fullfillment and gave us the perfect law of liberty. It is His law that heaven and earth is now under.  

Acts 28:17.  And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.
 18.  Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me.
 19.  But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.
 20.  For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.
 21.  And they said unto him, We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee.
 22.  But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.
 23.  And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
 24.  And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Paul refers to the law of faith. Apparently there are still laws from God, but not the law which Christ fulfilled.

Romans 3:19.  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
 20.  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
 21.  But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
 22.  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
 23.  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
 24.  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
 25.  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
 26.  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
 27.  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
 28.  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29.  Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
 30.  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
 31.  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 7:1.  Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
 2.  For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
 3.  So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
 4.  Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
 5.  For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
 6.  But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
 7.  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
 8.  But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
 9.  For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
 10.  And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
 11.  For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
 12.  Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
 13.  Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
 14.  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
 15.  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
 16.  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
 17.  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
 18.  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
 19.  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
 20.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
 21.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
 22. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
 23.  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
 24.  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
 25.  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 8

Romans 8:1.  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
 2.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
 3.  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
 4.  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
 5.  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
 6.  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
 7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
 8.  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
 9.  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
 10.  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
 11.  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
 12.  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
 13.  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
 14.  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Christ has fulfilled "the law" given to the Israelites. It was a schoolmaster unto Christ and a shadow of things to come fulfilled in Christ. However there is law. The verses above point out some of them.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2003, 11:34:10 PM »

author ollie
One More Time Ollie

Ollie,

You keep, say the same things over and over (saved by grace thru faith, it is a gift of God and not oif yourself, etc etc.), but then interject, the doing and obeying in order to enter the kingdom, as though to teach, what began by faith thru Grace, must now be perfected by keeping, doing and obeying, otherwise one perishes,  like what the Galatians did.

Do you do this without understanding what it is you are doing, or is because you believe what you post?

Rom 5
16  .................but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

The "liberty" christians have in Christ Jesus, is one of unfathomable Grace, it abounds much more then sin, note:

Rom 5
15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16  And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20  Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 10:03:03 AM by Petro » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2003, 04:07:44 AM »

"looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity..." (Titus 2:13, 14).

YES!!!!! Right On!

Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the