Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:48:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dude, I might be getting a Dell?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dude, I might be getting a Dell?  (Read 8250 times)
Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 05:02:05 PM »

hehe tis all good Cheesy
Coz my Gfx card is 128megs one of the first ones with em. unless you count the industry standard graphics cards.. they have like 512 megs on them -_- *stabs industry* share them around Cry

-Ralf
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 04:58:35 AM »

hehe tis all good Cheesy
Coz my Gfx card is 128megs one of the first ones with em. unless you count the industry standard graphics cards.. they have like 512 megs on them -_- *stabs industry* share them around Cry

-Ralf

Do you mind if I ask you what the heck an "industry standard" Video card is?  Unless you are talking about workstation class graphic cards which are meant for rendering engineering 3D models and such.  If that is the case you should state workstation class cards.  As far as having 512 megs of RAM on a video card that will come soon enough.  There is nothing to share unless you feel like spending a whole lot extra on a video card.  Like an extra $200-$400 more.

My graphics card fans coul do with another oiling. same with my CPU fan.

There's really no need to oil your fans.  They are plenty lubed and meant to operate for as long as 6 years without any maintainence other then dusting them.  All 6 of my systems run 24/7 365 100% uasage (I do research) and they all work just fine without an extra oiling.  You'd be better off buying some highend fans.

Also before you throw out your old PSU. Take the fan out of it. it should be ok and with a bit of oiling then it's fine. if you need to cut the wires off like I did you can still get a new end for the power. trust me. it works

Unless its some sort of really highend fan I don't see the point unless you need a spare all the time or something.  Or you like to fiddle.

29.95 for a 300w PSU!
I'm assuming that's also USD too :-/
I had to buy a new PSU a while back. I got a 300W PSU with my case and bout a new 350w PSU for 35 AUD.
I think you got ripped off bad luck

Actually It think he may have gotten a cheap PSU.  Wattage isn't everything.  A good Antec or Enermax PSU at 300W will run you about $50-$60 USD and that's if you buy it online.  If your PSU weighs less then or equal to your mouse there is a problem.  Quality caps aren't cheap or lite.  You son need to do some research on PSU's.  Cheap PSU equals bad and you're lucky that when your PSU blew it didn't take everything else with it.

hmmm well I'm suprised my PSU survived for so long. My computer used to be on 24/7 so it went under a LOT of stress.[/url]

Again all my computers are not only on 24/7 but running witha full load on the CPU.  Your PSU should last quite a while unless it's cheap junk.  I have only ever had one PSU die and I still think it was just a fluke.  Also not only are my computers on all the time but they are all overclocked in every aspect but the PCI and AGP bus.  Lots and lots o' stress and everything is fine.

Heh. Sorry about the nit-picking but I think you mean a socket A motherboard
Socket A is the standard Athlon/Athlon XP socket.

Let me nit pick you back.  He stated it perfectly fine.  Fry's sells CPU/motherbaord combo's all the time.  So yes he bought a 2600+ motherboard/CPU combo as in a 2600+ and a motherboard.  Obviously socket A/462 pin unless they are cruel and evil.

Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 08:14:12 PM »

My CPU fan is a thermaltake one. and despite it not requiring oiling it still functions better when oiled. and my graphics card fans. one is actually cracked. I think the warranty was voided so I can't replace it. it's where most of the noise from my computer comes from.

And extra fans are always useful Tongue

-Ralf
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 03:34:18 AM »

My CPU fan is a thermaltake one. and despite it not requiring oiling it still functions better when oiled. and my graphics card fans. one is actually cracked. I think the warranty was voided so I can't replace it. it's where most of the noise from my computer comes from.

And extra fans are always useful Tongue

-Ralf

Extra fans can certainly be useful.  I have a box full of them for various reasons.  Still thermaltakes fans are excessively noisey for some reason.  I have tried many a fan.  I can tell you that you should get some decent Panaflo fans with the hydrowave bearings.  Always underated by the company and very quite and super long lasting.  No oiling needed.  I use to use graphite on my fans back in the day but they were cheap junk.  So are the fans in cheap PSU's though.

Are you still using a Ti 300?  There are lots of replacement fans out there that work much better than stock and don't make as much noise.    Wink  I believe you said you are from down unda so I can tell you what to buy but not where.

I am quite the compter geek/enthusiast and have tried many a product.  I have three 2500+'s all running at 3200+ speeds and my 3400+ clawhammer is running at 2.42Ghz. (stock is 2.2Ghz).  I even had a mobile 2500+ that I was running at 2.6Ghz but she unfortuantely died and only sort of works now.  I don't use water cooling either and I have modded almost every case I have owned.  I even physically wired my new house up for my gigabit network.

I can help you OC your stuff or tell you what works from experience.  You get what you pay for though.  Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 09:14:51 AM »

I am using a Ti4600
and my thermaltake fan is very quiet mmmmmm

-Ralf
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the