Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Tattoo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tattoo  (Read 2441 times)
Pixie

LLPHPG ~ Live Long, Play Hard, Praise God

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 12:24:50 AM »

Do you think that getten' tattoos is really a sin? Nothing bad, provoctive(sp?), foul lango., or anything like that... Just one of Tinkerbell... Know what I mean?

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 07:45:51 AM »

I personally don't have any tattoo's, but i ohld nothing against anyone who has them.  It's up to the person what htey do or don't do with their body.

Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:28:48 PM »

The only reasons (besides having unchristlike designs) I could bring for not having a tatoo goes sort of hand in hand with what Paul said about eating food sacrificed to idols. If getting a tatoo is thought sinful by another christian brother or sister, then don't get a tatoo for their sake. Also the fact that our bodies are temples could come into play, but I'm no expert on that matter. I'd pray some more about it and consult with some more christians around as to whether they think it glorifies God or not. Not that tinkerbell is a very serious thing of course, but ever action can cause ripples. Take care.

-Aiden-
SuePRNova

Orthodoxy...2000 yrs and counting...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 06:01:04 PM »

I currently have 5 tattoos.  None are offensive or mean anything except to me.  My daughters have tats as well as my husband.  I didn't have to confess it as a sin so I will assume that it's a non-issue.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 06:17:28 PM »

Do you think that getten' tattoos is really a sin? Nothing bad, provoctive(sp?), foul lango., or anything like that... Just one of Tinkerbell... Know what I mean?

Do you think that getten' tattoos is really a sin?

NO!!!!

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pixie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 02:35:26 PM »

I don't mean this to offend anyone. I myself have a tat. However, dosn't the Bible say that our bodies are tempels, and we should honor them? This is why I'm asking this question. People have told me that since I have a tattoo, that it's something that is against God's will, since it is "defiguring His tempel"
-Pixie

Please forgive my spelling. I haven't slept the past few days, so I know it's looking rough!!!

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Homeskillet

God Rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 12:26:44 AM »

Yes, our bodies are the temple of God, but I've never seen an unpainted temple, have you?  Grin

(Didn't we just go through this in another thread, LOL....)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 12:27:12 AM by Homeskillet » Logged

"To believe that the God of heaven and earth calls me beautiful, well, I think I could rest in that. If I truly knew that He was smitten with me...The desperate search would be over. I would be noticed. Desired. Known."~~Angela Thomas
REALdisciple

Will all the REAL-TRUE Christians please stand up!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 02:54:09 PM »

Thats stupid. Just because you never saw a temple that unpainted doesnt mean that there are'nt unpainted temples. And it doesnt really matter anyway. You can get a tatoo of a but with a but shaped tatoo on it and on that but shaped tatoo it can have a but and you can get that tatoo right on your BUT! lol  God doesn't care he loves you jsut the way you are. If you have a tatoo is like being black. You think God is like against black people! No way! All my friends are black almost and most of them are going to heaven! I know this for a fact! If you think you can get to heaven by getting a tatoo you are right on track because God does not say ONE SINGLE THING IN THE HOLE BIBLE ABOUT NOT GETTING TATOOES! Just like being a african american you can have a tatoo its all up to you as long as you love god because thats what really matters. Not what some stupid dude tells you about getting a tatoo because he thinks the bible says it. God will send that dude to hell! Thats like saying all my black freinds are going to hell and that is a total lie. No way at all, my friends believe in God 100 percent! If you believe in Jesus, when you die you get to go straight to heaven no matter what! So everyone should just shut up about not getting tatoos because you can get a tatoo all over your body and turn yourself black like Mickeal Jackson did backwards and thats okay as long as you believe in Jesus! Dont be stupid! God loves his little children and people that believe in Jesus are his children no matter how old they are! It makes me mad to think that people have a problem with tatoos that is just stupid so I'm going to stop talking about it. Eveybody should jsut stop talking about it because you are being racist and I don't like racists. I'm a Christian to the CORE baby!

Collin

CER - The St. Louis Ninja!
"If you don't have it right with REAL Bible, you don't have it right with Jesus... and if you don't have it right with Jesus... you can just SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

I have NO patience for the enemy - and the people that allow him to work through them.
Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 04:25:23 PM »

Hey REALd,
Great enthusiasm and fire, but it's directed in the completely wrong direction. Jesus is all about bringing people to him through love, not through rants and raves (though given, Jesus had his time in the temple, but don't look for opportunities to reenact the temple turnover). On the actual subject of getting tatoos though, the Bible does talk about it. Read Leviticus 19:28. Now it's true that many of the old mosaic laws aren't applicable today, but many still are and the spirit of the law does indeed exist. The spirit of the law meaning that we only do what would honor God and love our neighbor. I myself once favored tatoos, but the more I think, pray, and read about it, I begin to favor the anti-tattoo position. Of course I'm not saying that people with tatoos are any more sinful than someone without one. Neither am I a racist. Be more careful when you go around shouting the racist-alarm. What I am saying is that your heart condition is of paramount importance. Take care, and remember, in all things we are to love.

-Aiden-
Pixie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 11:22:32 PM »

Guys, I gotta tell you this... My preacher brought this up the other day, I mean it was nothing @ all right? Well, then the youth leader pops up (knowing I had a belly button ring, and a Tat) and starts saying that the ONLY reason people get ink or a belly button ring, is because the person wants to show off their body, and have guys to have a sexual attraction to them. Well, I told her, You don't know I have a tat unless I show it to you, and I don't show off my mid drift. I just thought that it was odd that this was brought up on Thurs. and I posted this a few days B-4!!! Anyways, I'm out for now!!!

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 11:34:19 PM »

very few things are inherrantly evil.

It's the context, or meaning, we attach to them.

Most tattoos are 'suggestive';

that is, they suggest any number of things.

two things they always suggest right off:

1) The person wearing it had time to burn, which is a waste.

2) The person wearing it had money to burn, which is a waste.

So literally, if others can see it, the person wearing it is a walking advertisement to at least two basic announcements:

1) that they waste time, and

2) that they waste money..

But, similarly, the same things could be said about much ornamentation we all have in our lives...

since tattoos bascially are just ornaments.

Lips Sealed

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 06:55:55 AM »

ummmm, I would say No, I think it's a personal choice for the person.  I will Never have a tattoo at all, I hate needles!!

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 07:19:29 AM »

ummmm, I would say No, I think it's a personal choice for the person.  I will Never have a tattoo at all, I hate needles!!

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Same here Sister Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 07:47:45 AM »

very few things are inherrantly evil.

It's the context, or meaning, we attach to them.

Most tattoos are 'suggestive';

that is, they suggest any number of things.

two things they always suggest right off:

1) The person wearing it had time to burn, which is a waste.

2) The person wearing it had money to burn, which is a waste.

So literally, if others can see it, the person wearing it is a walking advertisement to at least two basic announcements:

1) that they waste time, and

2) that they waste money..

But, similarly, the same things could be said about much ornamentation we all have in our lives...

since tattoos bascially are just ornaments.

Lips Sealed

symphony this is the smartest thing I ever read you say!  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Homeskillet

God Rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 11:12:47 AM »

Guys, I gotta tell you this... My preacher brought this up the other day, I mean it was nothing @ all right? Well, then the youth leader pops up (knowing I had a belly button ring, and a Tat) and starts saying that the ONLY reason people get ink or a belly button ring, is because the person wants to show off their body, and have guys to have a sexual attraction to them. Well, I told her, You don't know I have a tat unless I show it to you, and I don't show off my mid drift. I just thought that it was odd that this was brought up on Thurs. and I posted this a few days B-4!!! Anyways, I'm out for now!!!
Your post left me scratching me head... Huh If you never show your tat off then how did your youth pastor know you had one?

Anyhow, while I don't think it's sin for ME, it could be a stumbling block for someone else. I think it's a decision that should carefully weighed out and prayed over. God bless. Grin

"To believe that the God of heaven and earth calls me beautiful, well, I think I could rest in that. If I truly knew that He was smitten with me...The desperate search would be over. I would be noticed. Desired. Known."~~Angela Thomas
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the