Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Help a lost Soul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help a lost Soul  (Read 1591 times)
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2004, 06:48:27 AM »

I have been hurting for so long...its almost unbearable. I think about the ending of my life for so long now, I dont know why. I think about bad things that could happen to me...what's wrong with me? I've been trying to reach out to God, but my beliefs often conflict with his.
Abortion. I'm kinda for this. I'd hate to be in the situation of a rape. How could any woman deal with a child from such a horrific attack? I know I wouldn't be able to do something like that. How can I raise a child brought on by an act of the devil? Because that's what it is...isn't it? They say love conquers all...would it do here?
Euthanasia: I could never forgive someone who would be willing to let me suffer. If they didnt let me go when I can do nothing with my life, how can I live happily?

Guess Im a rather pathetic person. I need love, comfort, I feel so neglected.

Gosh, what a sad post for a newb. My name is Lisa, Im from England, and hopefully from here, I can learn more about Christ and try not to ignore him when I see the visions that call out me.

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 09:08:28 AM »

Hello Lisa, and welcome !  Smiley

I will pray that you find God, not just someone written about in the pages of a book, but the living God who loves you, and desires a real and personal relationship with you. He is as close as the mention of His name, if you will call out to Him.

Like an autumn leaf that is drifitng
Throught a chilly November day
I was restless and drifting
Never happy,never gay
I walked in sadness
and my song was troubled
I walked in sadness
Seeking peace and happiness everywhere
By chance in my adventures
One evening God I have found
To Him I give my solitude
And His friendship saved me

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 04:22:49 PM »

Hello Lisa,

WELCOME!! There is peace and comfort in Jesus. I hope and pray that we can help you in your search.

If you would like to read more about being saved, I'd like to invite you to my web site:

How to be Saved:
http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps.besaved.html

Love In Christ,
Tom

Talmadge

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 04:29:35 PM »

I have been close to where you are at right now. The poems are great , but here is what you must do. Read the following:
A Full & Meaningful Life-
God Loves You
1 John 4:9
1 John 5:11
Life is Abundant
John 10:10
Life is Everlasting
John 3:16
This Life is Made Possible By Christ's Death and Resurrection.
Romans 5:8
Romans 4:25
This full & meaningful life includes....Forgiveness of sin
Ephesians 1:7
Fellowship in the family of God
Romans 8:17
Strength for daily living.
Philippians 4:19
You Enter This Life Through A Spiritual Birth
John 3:1-8

The spiritual birth is.......
James 2:19
Ephesians 2:8-9

Spiritual brith takes place when you turn your life over to Jesus Christ.

Failure To Turn Yourself Over To Jesus Christ Is Sin.....
John 3:18
Romans 5:12

Sin is called many things-missing the mark, rebelling, living independently of God. Sin is being or doing wrong against God, others, or yourself. You can sin in your thoughts as well as your actions.

The greatest sin is failure to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Apart from Jesus Christ you are seperated from God, and cannot have eternal life.
Romans 6:23

This Life Becomes Yours When You Turn From Sin And Accept Christ As Your Lord And Saviour.
John 1:12

Admit that you need Christ-that you are a sinner and that you cannot save yourself.

Be willing to turn from your sins>
Acts 3:19

Ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and take control of your life.
Romans 10:9-10

You become a Christian and possess this full and meaningful life at the moment when by faith you turn to God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

You see, the choice is yours.

God offers you this full and meaningful life now.
II Corinthians 6:2

Is there any reason why you cannot accept his offer now?

Say this pray and mean it and ; find you a church to go to that you think is spiritual; contineously study the Bible for answer to your questions and problems. I promise that if you look hard enough that you will find answers for everythinf under the sun.

Pray-
Dear Lord, I know I have done wrong and need forgiveness. Thank you for dying on that cross for my sins and for offering me eternal life. Please forgive my sins and help me to turn from them. I now confess you as my Lord and receive you as my Savior. Take control of my life and make it full and meaningful. In Jesus name. Amen

Do this with full meaning and things will start to become different in your life. If you need help finding someone to talk to in your area, let me know and I will help you on that.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 09:08:27 AM »

Hello Lisa,

My heart goes out to you.   This life can really kick us when we are down, but there is Hope!  There is a God that Loves you more than you could even imagine Lisa.   You don't need any special visions to meet Him either.   Its as simple as prayer and faith.   I'm praying for you, and hope that we can help you through this time.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 01:57:12 AM »

Hi Lisa, there is hope, God Loves you. I am praying for you, as I know others here are praying for you. God will grant you his salvation, All you have to do is ask, and pray for it...........

Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 07:22:18 AM »

Hehe....you guys are all sweet, but how can you feel a spiritual force love you?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 12:16:19 PM »

How can we explain how warm the water is, unless you take a dip yourself?    Wink

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Jesusinme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 06:33:03 AM »

Hehe....you guys are all sweet, but how can you feel a spiritual force love you?
Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
I was  at the point in my life that I needed assurance and went to  a church service and "felt " God move through me. It is a feeling that is hard to explain, but I will say it is  a feeling that you want to stay engulfed in. I had been seeking God with all my heart and all my soul and I was not disappointed. I will never forget it. Lisa, don't give up seeking
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 10:37:05 AM »

Once again I thank you.Maybe in time I will learn....maybe...
ChristNcharge

Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 05:45:14 PM »

Lisa,
     Forgive me if I am misunderstanding you my sister.  But when you opened up with the comment about the “ending of my life…” I have to ask… are you okay?  Have you considered hurting yourself?  Please don’t hesitate to communicate about it… I am more than willing to give you my time if you need it.  Please know that you are loved.  It is not a figurative embrace He gives… it is physical and it is very real.  And as your brother, I will give you a hand if you need one.  It may be hard to understand, or accept at times… but we are truly a family, and if you have biological siblings yourself… you may be able to relate to the idea of having a certain brother or sister that you feel more comfortable communicating with than others.  I am sure there are many here that will listen as well… don’t be afraid to share!  

Take another breath… and stay strong.

May the Peace of Christ be with you.

Jaime

Jaime McKnight
Bible-Believing
Christian for Life
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 03:20:27 PM »

Through the deeds and actions of those in Christ who are guided by the Spirit to love one another.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004, 12:46:39 PM »

Through the deeds and actions of those in Christ who are guided by the Spirit to love one another.

ollie
AMEN ollie!!

cardinal1

Looking for more Christian friends.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »

This is cardinal1. I'm a seminary-trained minister with a lot of pain in my life in the past as well, who has learned joy in Jesus Christ. As just one example, when I was 14 years old, I was so desperate for girls to like me, with me being overweight, very much physically unattractive, and backward at the time, I put a love spell on myself as an act of desperation. God showed me that what I needed was not a spell, but Himself: He gives all the love and power I will ever need. I feel a lot of pain in your words screaming out for help. I pray that my words can be part of what you need. Please let me share a few things I've learned to feel God's love.  

For one, I urge you, please, if you don't read and study the Bible everyday, please do so. That's one of the first things you need. Please read, study and pray over scriptures like Psalm 23. If you don't have a quality study Bible, please, either buy or borrow a Life Application Study Bible. That is a great one to carry around and use.

Again, I urge you, please, make a daily time or more often as needed to pray to God. Use the Lord's Prayer in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew chapter 6:verses 9 through 13) as a guide. Another way is to just life your eyes up to God and cry, "Help! Take away this pain! Make me a joyful person!"

Also, if you are not in a church that truly shares the Bible and lives out the Christian life, please join one as soon as possible. When you are in a Holy Spirit-led local assembly, that group together is stronger than one person alone.

I know by experience in my walk with Jesus that these basic steps work. I know they will for you, too, if you will just reach out and use them. God loves you. It is His will that you be a joyful person. So take all the time you need to deal with your pain with these three basic steps. I know I had to. I still have struggles now, but I'm learning how to deal with them much better.

Here is my e mail if I can be of further help:
bradyebbrd@aol.com. I will be changing internet providers sometime in the near future, so I hope you contact me before I make the switch, so you can still find me.

Shalom (God's completeness).

I am a devout Christian single. I listen not only to people's words, but also the emotions behind them. I am planning on starting a collection of humorous DVD's. God led me to write gospel music. I play the organ in church and sing. I am an elder. I am a seminary-trained minister. I enjoy hiking.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the