Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  AN OLD GEEZER TEST
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AN OLD GEEZER TEST  (Read 17667 times)
Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 10:59:52 PM »

What a fantastic test!

I got a very high score!  HAHAHA!

I sure remember Butch Wax too.  My brother used it on his hair.  He had the "flat top" look.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2004, 09:23:24 AM »

*sigh*

And flat tops were always more expensive.

I think it was $1.25 for a regular; $1.75 for a flat top haircut.

Roll Eyes

Cool
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2004, 02:35:32 PM »

8. How was Butch wax used?

HEY Shocked

Hello Butcha,

It's great to hear from you.

As an old guy, I can tell you everything you want to know about Butch Wax.

It actually worked pretty well in greasing chains and bearing on your bicycle, but that's not what it was sold for.   Grin

It was sold for applying it to your flat-top haircut and making your hair stand straight up and flat. It was really a pretty cool haircut, and it was very popular as a short style for many years. One simply got a fairly small amount out of the jar and rubbed it in. I might add it was very hard to wash off, and it still worked in the rain.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2004, 08:53:22 PM »

I worked years for someone else So that I could retire. I dreamed of sleeping late And sitting by the fire.

I dreamed of long vacations, Enjoying stage and song. But, let me set you straight on that concept, It is simply wrong.

I did junk my safety glasses And the work boots that cramped my toes. But, the rest of it had a mind of it's own And this is how it goes.

My wife had been thinking of retirement And had plans of her own. She had spent much time with the kids But, now they are grown and gone.

We sold our cattle and horses So we wouldn't have that chore. I poured concrete over my alarm clock But, I still wake up at four.

I get my eyes checked on Monday. Maggie gets hers checked the next day. I go for a colon check on Wednesday And pass my wife going the other way.

I have a dental appointment on Thursday. Ann goes for a test on her heart. Friday we go get prescriptions filled And browse a while at Wal-mart.

Saturdays we just stay home And try to get the paper work right. We can't take any overnight trips 'Cause we can't see to drive at night.

Restroom confusion keeps us out of church on Sunday And we really do hate that. There's nothing wrong with the restrooms, We just can't remember where they're at.

We don't need to plan next week, Just make sure we can drive. And not forget where the hospitals and clinics are. We'll need them to survive.

So, don't build your castles too high, my friend, While strolling through the clover. This is a typical week in retirement And on Monday we start all over!  Cheesy

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 12:45:50 PM »

I worked years for someone else So that I could retire. I dreamed of sleeping late And sitting by the fire.

I dreamed of long vacations, Enjoying stage and song. But, let me set you straight on that concept, It is simply wrong.

I did junk my safety glasses And the work boots that cramped my toes. But, the rest of it had a mind of it's own And this is how it goes.

My wife had been thinking of retirement And had plans of her own. She had spent much time with the kids But, now they are grown and gone.

We sold our cattle and horses So we wouldn't have that chore. I poured concrete over my alarm clock But, I still wake up at four.

I get my eyes checked on Monday. Maggie gets hers checked the next day. I go for a colon check on Wednesday And pass my wife going the other way.

I have a dental appointment on Thursday. Ann goes for a test on her heart. Friday we go get prescriptions filled And browse a while at Wal-mart.

Saturdays we just stay home And try to get the paper work right. We can't take any overnight trips 'Cause we can't see to drive at night.

Restroom confusion keeps us out of church on Sunday And we really do hate that. There's nothing wrong with the restrooms, We just can't remember where they're at.

We don't need to plan next week, Just make sure we can drive. And not forget where the hospitals and clinics are. We'll need them to survive.

So, don't build your castles too high, my friend, While strolling through the clover. This is a typical week in retirement And on Monday we start all over!  Cheesy

LOL, so true.

Don't foreget the running around for the kids and grandkids. "Gramps isn't working, he can do it."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 03:44:13 PM »

LOL not as much time for strolling thru the clover as you thought there would be eh  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 10:30:38 PM »

What clover?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 10:18:40 PM »

A GEEZER TEST

1. b.

2. b. To sprinkle clothes before ironing

3. c.

4. a.

5. b.

6. c.

7. c.

8. a.

9. a.

10. c.

11. a.

12. b.

13. a.

14. c.

15. a.

16. c.

17. b.

18. c.

19. a.

20. a.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 10:37:42 AM »

The sad thing is i knew just about all of them. My grandmother and dad and his brothers still talk about the old days and all that. So does that make me a geezer...i should think not. LOL. I should hope not considering i'm still 17 Tongue

Grin

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2005, 02:49:27 PM »

The sad thing is i knew just about all of them. My grandmother and dad and his brothers still talk about the old days and all that. So does that make me a geezer...i should think not. LOL. I should hope not considering i'm still 17 Tongue

Grin

Joshua

Joshua,

Grin  Brother, maybe there is an old geezer in there straining to get out.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Luke 2:11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005, 09:13:13 AM »

No that's just what I get for being brought up in a rural farm town in the South. Grin

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
smokey the dog

Ankle Biter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

12 -16 correct: Not quite dirt yet, but your mind is definitely muddy.

Yup this dawg is muddy

Don't make me come out there!

Dog
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 07:23:34 PM »

Roll Eyes  Guess I'm not quite dirt yet.  I knew 14 of teh answers.  I was ten years old in 1940!  So long ago

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »

Roll Eyes  Guess I'm not quite dirt yet.  I knew 14 of teh answers.  I was ten years old in 1940!  So long ago

Hi, Gramps!

I'm not sure but I think that makes you the oldest on the forum.  Wink Grin

Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 04:15:46 PM »

Hey, I got them all but the Kennedy pony thing.  But that question and the Tony Bennett one are not that old.

Here's one:  What came in a sealed plastic bag with a color capsule inside that you had to break and mix with the product before using it?  And why did it come that way?

In His Service,
Bob Allen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the