Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Bible Codes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bible Codes  (Read 10325 times)
Seven_Tides
« on: June 15, 2003, 10:36:48 PM »

If you're familiar with the Bible Codes, do you believe that they
are a hoax, or do you believe that they are the inspired, full-fledged, out-of-God's-Divine-Mouth prophecies?

If you have never heard of the Bible Codes, or you have not been very well introduced to the topic, let me provide you
with a brief outline of it's importance and purpose.

The Bible Codes are enigmatic texts written beneath the text of the Pentateuch ( or commonly referred to as the Torah.)
These Bible Codes were first discovered by a Hebrew scientist
named Dr.Weissmandl a little while ago ( I don't remember the
precise date.) The Bible Codes have fulfilled the prophecies of
many events in the past century, from the assassination of
JFK by his assassin Ruby, to the assassination of Israeli president Yitzhak Rabin in 1994.

If you want to learn more about this topic, please refer to
the links I have provided if you so choose:

To get a better understanding and an extensive knowledge on
this particular topic, I recommend reading these books about
the Bible Codes:

"The Bible Codes"            By Michael Drosnin
"The Bible Codes II"         By Micahel Drosnin
*"The Signature of God"     By Grant R Jeffrey
*"The Handwriting of God"  By Grant R Jeffrey

*Note: Is not just based on the Bible Codes.
Gangrene

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 10:53:38 PM »

The Bible codes are a bunch of nonsense.  They are nothing more than numerology repackaged with Judeo/Christian wrapping.  As for all the "prophecies,"  note how they are all discovered after the fact.  Prophecies, by definition, should come before the actual event.  This means they are nothing more than a baseless searching for patterns in the Bible that are more the product of someones imagination than divine inspiration.

Gangrene
Seven_Tides
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 11:08:37 PM »

Rabbi Michael Weissmandl found these codes before WWI.
That was almost 90 years ago! And he actually found the codes in a book written by another Rabbi in the 14th century
named Rabbeynu Bachayah. So you can date back a good
700 years at least.
Gangrene

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 11:52:46 PM »

You mean he developed an algorithm 90 years ago.  That doesn't mean that he had prophesy 90 years ago, or what was to come would have been prophesied.  I have looked at some of these so-called prophesies and they are nothing of the sort.  Often times they are so vague they can mean any number of things or match multiple events, without ever relaying God' motivations or desires (as was done in the OT and Revelations).  Other times the "prophecy" came about after the fact, like with the twin towers.

Jews have often mixed mysticism with God's commands, as unfortunately have Christians.  That doesn't mean that it is correct to pursue such things.  God's desire for man is revealed by the commands of the text, not by assigning numerical values to writing and applying an algorithm.  Looking past the text for secret codes is the most wasteful thing you can do with the Bible.  You'd be better off burning it for heat in winter.

Looking for Bible codes is paganism, pure and simple.  You might as well read the zodiac or believe in crystals, as those were made by God too and might have meaning hidden in them (that's sarcasm, btw).

Gangrene
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 02:47:09 AM »

I found interest in the subject years ago and in my studies I saw the reasoning for their being very interesting. Beyond that I kinda- felt that with the works of unraveling the plainly written portions of scripture to understand Heavenly issues it did not serve me well to investigate earthly or carnal issues such as what might have already happened to man. The flaw in the codes is that they can not be projected into the future, only reviewed after the fact, where as scripture is about both yesterday and tomorrow all right now today.

Can't beat that!

John.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 03:09:03 AM »

Huh
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 03:15:58 AM »

Ha,Ha,Ha...

I knew you would say that -  Huh

Let me clarify!

I saw no useful purpose in the codes because the programn developed to test them and run them can only be used to enter events that have already happened in order to see if they are mentioned. While plain scripture gives reference to events that are even yet to happen.

How's That?

Peace.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 11:31:36 AM »

Thanks for the clarification, Comforter. Grin

But if they were not true, why are there names encoded in
the Torah in the first place?

Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 12:42:12 PM »

The Bible codes could only have been placed there by God. Therefore, it does serve a purpose in that, it shows the scriptures are truely inspired by God.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 12:47:58 PM »

It would take virtually impossible to put code in like that, and still get the words of the Bible right. The probability of someone actually writing such is almost hilarious to see.

The Bible Codes are the enigmatic secret texts which have
prophesied future events from 3000 years ago! It has revealed
more than you think. There are dates and times and places.
And it was found by Rabbi Michael Weissmandl some 90 years
ago. So the Bible Codes did prophesy some future events.
Gangrene

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2003, 01:08:49 PM »

The Bible codes could only have been placed there by God. Therefore, it does serve a purpose in that, it shows the scriptures are truely inspired by God.

That's BS Bronzesnake.  The algorithm was developed by a man, and could probably be developed for any number of books.  That is hardly evidence of messages being placed there by God.  If one was so inclined I'm sure you could find secret messages in the works of Tolkien, Lovecraft, or probably Playboy magazine.

The beauty of the Bible is that the concepts within are made plain to all people, not that there are secret codes for the mystics and academic elites.  

Gangrene
Seven_Tides
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 01:41:41 PM »

Well Gangrene, you're right in a sense that the Bible is plain for
all people to understand. However, we must remember: The
Bible is the most interesting Library of books in the world, and
there is more to it than we see. Ever hear of reading between
the lines?

Why bring up Bible Codes if there wasn't any signifigance to it?

It would be a waste of time, money, and overall, pretty
outlandish.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2003, 02:11:10 PM »

That's BS Bronzesnake.  The algorithm was developed by a man, and could probably be developed for any number of books.  That is hardly evidence of messages being placed there by God.  If one was so inclined I'm sure you could find secret messages in the works of Tolkien, Lovecraft, or probably Playboy magazine.

The beauty of the Bible is that the concepts within are made plain to all people, not that there are secret codes for the mystics and academic elites.  

You know, you really should read in some detail on the subject before you start throwing out the "BS" bomb.

The following is from Signiture of God

Quote.
"A skeptical and scientifically minded generation in our lifetime has generally rejected the authority and inspiration of the Bible. There is a greater need for our generation to see evidence and proof that the Bible is the true Word of God. In the sovereign plan of God, it is only in this generation of sophisticated high-speed computers and new techniques of statistical analysis, that men could both discover and fully appreciate this devine message from the past that introduces our skeptical generation to the God of their future.

Dr. David Kazhdan, chairman of the mathematics department at Harvard University, warned those who would casually reject this evidence of Torah codes: "The phenomenon is real. What conclusion you reach from this is up to you."

Israeli scientists wrote a follow-up paper for submission to Statistical Science, a scientific journal, that insisted that a group of oposing scholars review and challenge their data and examine their computor program before publication. Despite the fact that all of the reviewers held previous beliefs against the inspiration of the Scriptures, the overwhelming evidence and integrity of the data forced the editors to approve the study's scientific accuracy and reluctantly publish the article.
Robert Klass, the editor of Statistical Science , wrote the following comment about the study: "Our referees were baffled: their prior beliefs made them think the book of Genesis could not possibly contain meaningful references to modern day individuals, yet when the authors carried out additional analyses and checks the effects persisted. The paper is thus offered to Statistical Science readers as a challenging puzzle." ("Equadistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis," Statistical Science, August 1994)

The study concluded that the peculiar sequences of Hebrew letters at equal spaces from each other that formed significant words could not possibly have occured by simple coincidence."

There is tons more corroborating evidence from scientist from Harvard, Yale, and Hebrew University.. I will post it if you want to see it for yourself.

These are not just meaningless, random equal distant words in the Bible, they are detailed, relavent and complicated beyond imagination and mathematical probabillity.

I will also take the time to post some detailed examples if you would like to see them.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2003, 02:22:22 PM »

Yeah, I read that book too.

Did you ever read "The Handwriting of God" by the same author?

Did you ever read "The bible Codes" by Michael Drosnin? That
goes into a lot of detail, and I recommend you read it if you
haven't read it before. He also has another book called "The
Bible Codes II." I haven't read The Bible Codes II, but I hear
it has some great reviews.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2003, 02:25:54 PM »

Yeah, I read that book too.

Did you ever read "The Handwriting of God" by the same author?

Did you ever read "The bible Codes" by Michael Drosnin? That
goes into a lot of detail, and I recommend you read it if you
haven't read it before. He also has another book called "The
Bible Codes II." I haven't read The Bible Codes II, but I hear
it has some great reviews.

Hi seven.
Yes, I've read The Handwriting of God and several other Jeffrey books.
I havn't read those other books yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the