Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:29:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  to Blackeyedpeas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: to Blackeyedpeas  (Read 4489 times)
Slippery Slope

Searching for the answer...

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2004, 05:32:26 PM »

What is your sect or cult or denomination or whatever you call it, of Christianity? I am curious due to what you said in your announcement that the Catholic vs Protestant war is over. What is this thing about Grace?

-SS

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
-Albert Einstein
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 06:21:57 PM »

What is your sect or cult or denomination or whatever you call it, of Christianity? I am curious due to what you said in your announcement that the Catholic vs Protestant war is over. What is this thing about Grace?

-SS

SS,

I belong to a church not made with human hands, the Church which is the BODY OF CHRIST. I doubt you will understand that, and I'm sure that this will give you something else to have fun with. I also attend a brick and mortar church building that has only an address for a name.

GRACE is unmerited and undeserved favor from God. The ultimate example of God's GRACE is the GIFT of Jesus Christ who died on the CROSS for you and me. Jesus Christ can fill your emptiness and rescue you from your life of sin and ultimate condemnation. You won't just physically die in your sins some day. Physical death is not the end. I realize you will also have fun with this.

Slippery Slope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 09:11:33 PM »

I regret that I have given you have the impression that my only goal in coming to this forum is to troll, belittle or make a mockery of Christianity.  Cry

It was not and is not my intent and I asked my question of you with genuine interest. I understand that you have had to deal with many who come here only to cause trouble but in all honesty, you shouldn't treat anyone who isn't a devout follower of christ with such contempt. It doesn't serve your position well to turn away people who are undecided.

If you could, please tell me more of your beliefs and about your religion without all the preaching.

-SS  Smiley

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
-Albert Einstein
anduril

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 10:37:10 PM »

SS,

I belong to a church not made with human hands, the Church which is the BODY OF CHRIST. I doubt you will understand that, and I'm sure that this will give you something else to have fun with. I also attend a brick and mortar church building that has only an address for a name.

GRACE is unmerited and undeserved favor from God. The ultimate example of God's GRACE is the GIFT of Jesus Christ who died on the CROSS for you and me. Jesus Christ can fill your emptiness and rescue you from your life of sin and ultimate condemnation. You won't just physically die in your sins some day. Physical death is not the end. I realize you will also have fun with this.

Not to butt in here however, I'm going to  Wink

I understand now. I understand there is a being/entity out there which created everything. But, it's not the Christian God or Allah or Buddha... Why are there so many different beliefs around the world? Because everyone is Not wrong and One single belief is not right. We are all right!...as long as we acknowledge there is a higher power at work. The God that is out there wants us to believe and also be comfortable with the path we choose to recognize God. None of us need a specific book or worldly figure telling us what to do when it comes to God.

Over analyzing and disecting one belief won't give you the answer. Call me crazy but, who really knows the true answer?

My 2 Canadian cents, (0.0155107 USD)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 01:33:08 AM »

SS,

Not to butt in here however, I'm going to  Wink

I understand now. I understand there is a being/entity out there which created everything. But, it's not the Christian God or Allah or Buddha... Why are there so many different beliefs around the world? Because everyone is Not wrong and One single belief is not right. We are all right!...as long as we acknowledge there is a higher power at work. The God that is out there wants us to believe and also be comfortable with the path we choose to recognize God. None of us need a specific book or worldly figure telling us what to do when it comes to God.

Over analyzing and disecting one belief won't give you the answer. Call me crazy but, who really knows the true answer?

My 2 Canadian cents, (0.0155107 USD)
Ok my 2 cents worth to you, anduril.
Islam was created by Muhommah(sp) who took what he wanted from the Bible and made his own belief system. Budda was just a man, who though he was liteing his followers. Budda has more in common being at peace with yourself.
There is only one God, And that being is 3 entities, God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion... over all the earth.
Galatians 2:20 It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
John 14:20,23 In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. ...If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him.
Romans 6:11 So also you, reckon yourselves to be dead to sin, but living to God in Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians 6:17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.
Hebrews 1:1 God, having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets.
2 Peter 1:21 For no prophecy was ever borne by the will of man, but men spoke from God while being borne by the Holy Spirit.

Now I have a question for you, anduril. What prophecies did Mohommuh or Budda ever give?

I can answer that easy with out searching google.

None, nada, nothing.
Go in peace with God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 01:51:14 AM »

For SS and Anduril,

A host of witnesses saw Jesus Christ walk this earth. They watched an untold number of miracles and wonders. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all ONE - ALMIGHTY GOD. There are mountains of documents and writings, other than the Holy Bible, that record this TRUTH. In fact, our time is set by HIM (B.C., A.D.). Hosts saw Jesus Christ crucified, and many were witness to HIM walking again after HE arose from the dead.

There are thousands of Christian web sites that proclaim the Gospel of God's Grace. There is only ONE GOD - ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. The Holy Bible is HIS WORD.

Tom
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:53:39 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Slippery Slope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 01:56:57 AM »

For heavens sake DW, DO NOT quote Genesis or I might have an anurism. Either that or get banned for... oh I can't... ok so the bible timeline from genesis puts the creation of man at roughly 6000 years ago the problem being that we have fossil records of humans well over 100,000 years old and then of course we have to ask in whos image was Neanderthal man created and how come that species of human is now extinct after surviving in Europe for over 250,000 years.

So please, for my sake DO NOT quote Genesis!

-SS

-Albert Einstein

-Albert Einstein
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 02:05:44 AM »

For heavens sake DW, DO NOT quote Genesis or I might have an anurism. Either that or get banned for... oh I can't... ok so the bible timeline from genesis puts the creation of man at roughly 6000 years ago the problem being that we have fossil records of humans well over 100,000 years old and then of course we have to ask in whos image was Neanderthal man created and how come that species of human is now extinct after surviving in Europe for over 250,000 years.

So please, for my sake DO NOT quote Genesis!

-SS
Now I have to quote Genesis to make my point.

Genesis 1:21 And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:26-29 And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth.    And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.    28 And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and all living creatures that move upon the earth. 29 And God said: Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed upon the earth, and all trees that have in themselves seed of their own kind, to be your meat:
Genesis 9:19These three are the sons of Noe: and from these was all mankind spread over the whole earth.
Genesis 10:5 By these were divided the islands of the Gentiles in their lands, every one according to his tongue and their families in their nations. Grin That is us Christians, and non-believers.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 03:14:30 AM »

we have fossil records of humans well over 100,000 years old and then of course we have to ask in whos image was Neanderthal man created and how come that species of human is now extinct after surviving in Europe for over 250,000 years.
Have you ever heard of these?

1.  Heidelberg Man - Built from a jaw bone that was conceded by many to be quite human.
2.  Nebraska Man - Scientifically built up from one tooth and later found to be the tooth of an extinct pig.
3.  Piltdown Man - The jawbone turned out to belong to a modern ape.
4.  Peking Man - 500,000 years old. All evidence has disappeared.
5.  Neanderthal Man - At the Int'l Congress of Zoology (1958) Dr. A. J. E. Cave Said his examination showed that the famous Neanderthal skeleton found in France over 50 years ago is that of an old man who suffered from arthritis.
6.  Cro-Magnon Man - One of the earliest and best established fossils is at least equal in physique and brain capacity to modern man...so what's the difference?
7.  Modern Man - This genius thinks we came from a monkey.

This should make you happy, no Genesis this time.
Romans 1:22, 23 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools; 23 And they changed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of the image of a corruptible man and of birds, and of fourfooted beasts and of creeping things.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 04:01:29 AM »

-SS

SS,

Amen Blackeyedpeas, you get "TWO" thumbs UP

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
anduril

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 09:05:59 AM »

The Bible was written and recorded in a tiny corner of the Earth. Mean while, around the globe at the very same time were other thriving cultures with many different belief systems. The Christian belief system came from that small area I do not deny that. However, Christianity is not the only belief system that is correct.

If Christianity is the only way then Billions of other people are going to Hell...can't you see how rediculous this is? In another post I quoted the guessimate of 2 billion Christians world wide. That means there are 4 billion people left. This is one reason not to believe one direction, I refuse to live life with blinders on.

Exo 20:3  "You shall have no other gods before me."

There you have it: The Christian God acknowledging there ARE other gods. A jealous God? No, just a amount small people who are jealous and too proud which made their idea of God to be the correct way. Which is correct however, not for everyone.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 09:22:35 AM »

The Bible was written and recorded in a tiny corner of the Earth. Mean while, around the globe at the very same time were other thriving cultures with many different belief systems. The Christian belief system came from that small area I do not deny that. However, Christianity is not the only belief system that is correct.

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If Christianity is the only way then Billions of other people are going to Hell...can't you see how rediculous this is? In another post I quoted the guessimate of 2 billion Christians world wide. That means there are 4 billion people left. This is one reason not to believe one direction, I refuse to live life with blinders on.

Mat 7:13  Go in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are the ones entering in through it.
Mat 7:14  For narrow is the gate, and constricted is the way that leads away into life, and few are the ones finding it.

There you have it: The Christian God acknowledging there ARE other gods. A jealous God? No, just a amount small people who are jealous and too proud which made their idea of God to be the correct way. Which is correct however, not for everyone.

Exo 20:5  you shall not bow to them, and you shall not serve them; for I am Jehovah your God, a jealous God[...]

Sorry but He gets the final say so, not man.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Slippery Slope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 11:57:03 AM »

DW, these claims you make I can neither confirm or deny but I will research those specific points. Thank you.

-SS

-Albert Einstein
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 04:05:16 PM »

DW, these claims you make I can neither confirm or deny but I will research those specific points. Thank you.

-SS

Research with your heart, not your brain. Your heart will lead you to the truth. Your brain will lead you astray.

anduril

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 07:33:07 PM »

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Mat 7:13  Go in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are the ones entering in through it.
Mat 7:14  For narrow is the gate, and constricted is the way that leads away into life, and few are the ones finding it.

Exo 20:5  you shall not bow to them, and you shall not serve them; for I am Jehovah your God, a jealous God[...]

Sorry but He gets the final say so, not man.

Grace and Peace!

Well, like I said, I don't wish to believe in a 'God' that lays out a plan like the one you described and quoted. If that makes you fell comfortable then thats great...I wouldn't want to live MY life like that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the