Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Good News, and some Bad News
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good News, and some Bad News  (Read 5681 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2004, 03:47:27 PM »

good news, and some bad news.
I will start with the bad news.

The BAD news.

1. Your a sinner, and were born into sin because of the original sin of Adam and Eve. Because of that fact, your going to die some day.
Romans 5:12 - "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."
Ezekiel 18:20 - "The soul who sins shall die."

2. You actually earn death by sinning.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

3. Everybody sins and NONE of us are good enough to make it into Heaven on our own.
Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no,not one."

4. Your good works (righteousness) do not amount to anything before God.
Isaiah 64:6 - "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Now the....GOOD news!

1. God loves us, and died for us.
Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2. Eternal Life is a free gift from God.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Ephesians 2: 8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Titus 3:5-7 - "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

I could probably list at least 100+ scriptures for each category's listed above, but I think you get the general idea.

Many people believe that going to church, giving money to the poor, not robbing banks etc etc...is good enough for God to accept you into heaven. This is not true. As you can see from above, we are all sinners, and it is though Jesus Christ alone that we can be saved, not of works. I hope that you will pray a prayer that is listed below to come to the true faith of Christianity.

Pray and Believe: Dear Lord, I understand that I am a sinner and that my good works will not save me.
I accept the free gift of salvation thru the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross for my sins.

Amen.

Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

and remember, it is not the prayer that saves you, but believing that Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross and putting your faith in that free gift....THAT is what saves you.

If you have said the prayer above, Great! Let me know

<Smiley))><
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 04:26:07 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Slippery Slope

Searching for the answer...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 05:27:24 PM »

I'm interested in why you would come to a Christian forum to tell Christians things they already know. Why would you preach to the converted instead of the unconverted? This makes no sence to me. As an agnostic I am here to try and figure out what my beliefs are by conversing and debating with people who do not already share my view. Why are you here?

-SS

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
-Albert Einstein
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 01:46:21 AM »

I'm interested in why you would come to a Christian forum to tell Christians things they already know. Why would you preach to the converted instead of the unconverted? This makes no sence to me. As an agnostic I am here to try and figure out what my beliefs are by conversing and debating with people who do not already share my view. Why are you here?

-SS
We do have guest looking for answers S.S. Brother Love is  preaching to those, wanting to learn the word of God.

As to why I am here, I am here to share the word of God. As to why you are here, theres a reason. I don't know why you are here silver surfer but.................

Theres a reason. Grin

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 05:07:56 AM »

-SS

Maybe for you Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 07:31:37 PM »

SALVATION IS WITHOUT WORKS

-- "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy, he saved us"
  (Titus 3:5)

-- "If by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace" (Rom. 11:6)

-- "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for   righteousness" (Rom. 4:5)

-- "A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law" (Gal. 2:16)

-- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9)

Therefore, any attempt to preach any form of works of righteousness for salvation in this age is to pervert the gospel of Paul, and those who do are to be accounted accursed (compare Gal. 1:7,Gal. 3:10, and Gal. 5:4). You cannot be saved by grace while working for salvation (Rom. 11:5-6). Compare Peter's admonition to Cornelius in Acts 10:35 with Paul's message to us in Titus 3:5. Anyone who says they are the same has a reading problem.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 07:33:06 PM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 04:27:39 AM »

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 04:17:40 PM »

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 09:05:30 AM »

SOME GOOD NEWS

How can you be saved?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast" Ephesians 2:8,9. "But God demonstrates His own love to us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. "That if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved, for with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation" Romans 10:9,10.

Salvation is a gift of God given to all those who by faith personally believe that Jesus Christ died for their sin taking the judgement they deserved. To those who believe, God imparts His righteousness through the act of justifying that person.

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the