Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:01:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Unanswered Prayers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unanswered Prayers  (Read 2564 times)
brotherjim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2003, 03:39:35 PM »

Oftentimes the reason our prayers are not answered, is because we are unknowingly living in disobedience to God's Word.

One major area of disobedience is our not being properly in place within GOD'S ordained government upon the earth. If we are not meeting with the brethren on a regular basis and walking in "koinania" fellowship with them (and God); and/or are not submitted to our husband (if applicable); and/or are not submitted to our pastor (if we are not a married woman); and/or our pastor is not submitted to a higher spiritual authority (i.e a true apostle); then we have little-to-no chance of obtaining the victorious Christian life.

Is it of little wonder why the church is mostly impotent today?

www.aoc.injesus.com
lightsavour

coo coo caw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 11:26:59 PM »

Brotherjim
  True, unanswered prayer can often be attributed to these things you mentioned. I dont think that there are any apostles in our world now though, so that is irrelevant to the pastors(elders) who are always odd numbered so as to come to answers from within.

Prayer is a fundamental part of any assembly of believers being lifted up and blessed by God. I think what you are really getting at is the lack of blessing an assembly will feel if the Bible is not being opened and read in its entirety. If the Bible is not seen as a whole, then different parts will be given priority. If this happens then souls are simply not aligned right to begin with. They may be saved, but if they are not aligned right in they're gathering with an assembly then yes they may not be asking for the right help from God.

Prayer itself, however, is grown in private. It is not a word but an expression of need from a soul to its God. Prayer is spoken of in a natural sense from the world, but the world doesn't understand what it is saying. The nature of prayer is the expression of need. Those who have never had a prayer answered are not yet saved. Even the work of salvation is the answering of a prayer, which shows prayers nature. We are told to pray in a closet, and many descriptions in the Bible show people getting on their knees in reverance. So we know that prayer is a serious matter in its appearance, but it is a "genuine matter" to the person.

We are given pictures of how people pray to help us when we are young in faith, which I am, so I know the struggle to understand prayer. Prayer itself is "the expression of need" (even in worship we come as undeserving saved ones.) I cannot repeat the "expression of need" enough. A Christian that is going to genuinely open they're heart to God, is also one that bends down figuritively regardless of the situation.

It is the attitude that a person brings in prayer. I remember praying out loud when I was unsaved, walking down my street begging for God to make me want salvation. It was all I knew as a possibility for getting saved, I was outrightly against God, and yet knew only he could soften me. I was approaching in need.

When I got saved I was rejoicing so much. What I did not know is that the simple faith I used to accept the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work for myself, was the same faith that was going to be grown day by day as a christian. Do we remember that day of salvation? We remember all the days of agony, and think, "why did I waste so much time, it was so easy!"

"For by grace are ye saved through faith" - If after you get saved you look at the word "saved"(which is what takes place) and change it, it can become this.
 "For by grace are ye helped through faith"   that is prayer

Our prayer life needs us to be as active as we were in salvation. What did you do in salvation? Nothing. The Lord Jesus Christ did it all. I speak not in riddles, my understanding Gods grace is bound in my simple faith. If I dont have faith in Gods sufficiency, then my prayers will not be answered.

And as brotherjim said earlier, there is also the matter of asking amiss. Sometimes you seek a certain help, but God wants you to pray for patience. Just keep on, and pray for more help in prayer day by day.

God bless.

Proverbs 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 11:51:01 PM »

Wow. This was a great post. Thank you!

brotherjim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 09:27:48 PM »

Brotherjim
  True, unanswered prayer can often be attributed to these things you mentioned. I dont think that there are any apostles in our world now though, so that is irrelevant to the pastors(elders) who are always odd numbered so as to come to answers from within.

Incorrect: it most certainly is relevant.

The entities of the world are not some new invention of mankind - "there's nothing new under the sun." Our earthly chain of commands are modeled after the Heavenlies.

The company that you work for - assuming you do, would not be very successful for very long if it did not have at its head a CEO who, first, established the overall vision of the company, and, two, delegated how that vision is to become reality to the management and rank and file.

Likewise, each generation of the church was intended to have true apostles, genuine prophets, etc. To the apostles are given to know the mysteries of the Gospel kept well-hidden from the world and that part of the church which lives like the world - which be most. Without the apostles, there is no Vision of what the heart of the Heavenly Father wills to do in the world. (Prophets can only offer small slivers of the Vision, except when they are submitted to an apostle, from whom they will obtain the overall Vision.)

There most certainly are God-appointed apostles in the world today, but you will not find them on the popular Christian TV shows, neither find their books on the best seller list nor see them listed at the paid top of internet pages when you surf the search engines. They are kept hidden from all those except to whom the Lord wills to reveal them.

We most assuredly better at least hope there are apostles today, otherwise the church has no chance of escape from its present state of being nearly totally impotent.

Quote from: lightsavour
Prayer is a fundamental part of any assembly of believers being lifted up and blessed by God. I think what you are really getting at is the lack of blessing an assembly will feel if the Bible is not being opened and read in its entirety. If the Bible is not seen as a whole, then different parts will be given priority. If this happens then souls are simply not aligned right to begin with. They may be saved, but if they are not aligned right in they're gathering with an assembly then yes they may not be asking for the right help from God.

You definately show some godly Wisdom here above, but you have not carried the thought fully through to its conclusion.

Yes, the church is imbalanced. But they are so because they lack the missing pieces of the puzzle, i.e. the "mysteries" unveiled in their entirety.

Even if we take the Faith part from the WoFers, and the charismata part from the charismatics, and the Grace part from the --, and pour them all together, we still lack some pieces needed through apostolic revelation. (Not to mention lack the apostolic authority which is needed to betroth us to the bride [2Cor11].)

Prayer itself, however, is grown in private. It is not a word but an expression of need from a soul to its God. Prayer is spoken of in a natural sense from the world, but the world doesn't understand what it is saying. The nature of prayer is the expression of need. Those who have never had a prayer answered are not yet saved. Even the work of salvation is the answering of a prayer, which shows prayers nature. We are told to pray in a closet, and many descriptions in the Bible show people getting on their knees in reverance. So we know that prayer is a serious matter in its appearance, but it is a "genuine matter" to the person.

Again you show promise (I'm sorry if that comes across as condescending). You correctly understand the need for intimate prayer in our "closets." And as you said, "it's an expression of need," but the problem is we do not know what we need. We do not know because we do not see Jesus correctly. That correct understanding is a part of the Vision given to true apostles, and needed by the believer.

Those of us in the church have thought we could be our own shepherds, but even the pastor cannot be his own shepherd - and those who are still being appointed by men above them are not the same as GOD'S hierarchial selections (consider Matthias in Acts - man's choice and not God's).

But we have all, and each, gone our own way, being our own "little gods."

When will we admit we have failed miserably? How much longer must this pitiful resemblance of a church continue before we take our heads out of the sand? [Rhet.]

Our prayer life needs us to be as active as we were in salvation. What did you do in salvation? Nothing. The Lord Jesus Christ did it all.

Incorrect.

And not only that, it is a very dangerous part of the beguiling philosophy of our adversary (2Cor11 - NOT about salvation by grace vs. works, btw). I once termed what you are expressing, "extreme passivity."

Our Christian life most certainly cannot be as you say, merely reacting to what God does in the spirit realm - as we did when we were born-again.

We are COMMANDED in the Word to "be zealous for,"  "earnestly seek," "fervent[ly pray]," "fast," etc., etc.

Yes, it's by Grace we can do this, and it may even be by Grace whereby we are drawn to do it, but it's by extreme passivity whereby we sear our conscience from initiating those thing required to obtain the victorious Christian life, the fulness of eternal rewards, and a corporate effect of the church upon a suffering humanity and senseless world. All this is only possible through it being first unveiled by the Vision entrusted the apostles and those prophets and evangelists and pastors submitted to them.

It all requires apostolic AUTHORITY, and the believer submitting to it, just as your company requires upper mgmt. authority, and the employees submitted to it.

Very good thought-provoker, though. God bless you!

In His Love for you, your brother, jim

www.aoc.InJesus.com
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 06:18:00 AM »

There is one mediator between man and God, the man Christ Jesus...

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 06:41:27 AM »

I'm just wondering, are you in the "shepherding" movement, brotherjim...?
brotherjim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 03:41:58 PM »

No. (Didn't that fail yet?)

There is a hierarchy man wills to lord over others, and then there's a spiritual hierarchy that God has elected and ordained. Only disobedience to the latter will disqualify us from the victorious Christian life now, and [at least] the fulness of eternal rewards later.

Kindly keep arrogance out of any future posts, as its very difficult to answer you when such stares God and me in the face. (Prov. 6:16-17a, etc.)

Please.

Thank you.

(And if you could delete the rolling teddy bear, I know the Lord Jesus would be greatly blessed - as would I.)

[Allegedly] In His Love, Meekness and Long-suffering for you, bro. jim

New messages at:
www.aoc.InJesus.com
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2003, 11:27:20 PM »

ollie
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 06:02:26 PM »

No. (Didn't that fail yet?)

There is a hierarchy man wills to lord over others, and then there's a spiritual hierarchy that God has elected and ordained. Only disobedience to the latter will disqualify us from the victorious Christian life now, and [at least] the fulness of eternal rewards later.

Kindly keep arrogance out of any future posts, as its very difficult to answer you when such stares God and me in the face. (Prov. 6:16-17a, etc.)

Please.

Thank you.

(And if you could delete the rolling teddy bear, I know the Lord Jesus would be greatly blessed - as would I.)

[Allegedly] In His Love, Meekness and Long-suffering for you, bro. jim

New messages at:
www.aoc.InJesus.com

Jesus loves you.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 09:31:35 PM »

Utoh.  Me tinks brotherjim mad at me...

Durango

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2003, 09:59:15 AM »

The boys went down to the basketball court last night to shoot some hoops.

A couple of hours later, Bamm-Bamm called me to say “Dad, you better get down here, Bubba hurt his leg.  He’s laying on the ground and he can’t get up.”

I jumped in the truck and drove down to the courts to find Bubba sitting there on the ground beneath the basket.

I walked up to him and asked “What’s up, Bubba?”

He replied that he had gone up for a rebound and when he came back down he landed wrong and twisted his ankle.

He was hurting pretty bad and wasn’t sure whether or not he had broken his ankle or just sprained it, either way, it hurt too bad for him to walk on it.

We got him into the truck and I took him to the hospital to have it checked out.

Well, the doctor said he didn’t break it but he did sustain a bad sprain.

They put him in a soft cast and told him to stay off of it for a few days.

When we got back home I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat out on the deck in the yard to watch the fireworks off in the distance.

As I sat there I thought about Bubba and the trip to the hospital.

Then I started to think about all the trips to the hospital I’ve made over the years raising these 3 boys of mine.

Between the 3 of them and all the sports they’ve been involved in over the years I’ve had more than my fair share of trips to the hospital.

I sat there reminiscing over all the times I’ve had to take one of them there to get stitched up or for a broken bone.

Then I remembered the very first time I had to take one of them to the hospital.

It was a hot summer day and my two youngest boys were out in the yard playing.

Little Durango came running in the house and said “Dad, come quick, Bamm-Bamm fell out of the tree and I think he broke his arm.”

Sure enough, out there under the tree laid Bamm-Bamm and one look told me that Little Durango was right.

On the way to the hospital I asked Bamm-Bamm, “Why were you climbing that tree?  Haven’t I told you a hundred times that I didn’t want you climbing that tree?  Didn’t I tell you that the branches were too weak and that you’d fall and get hurt?”

“Yea”, he replied.

“So why were you doing it then?”  I asked.

“I didn’t think I’d fall, I thought you were just saying that.” Bamm-Bamm said.

Well, as I recalled that little incident this morning I thought about how Bamm-Bamm decided to do as he pleased concerning climbing the tree . . .

How he ignored what I had told him because it wasn’t what he wanted to hear.

Then I thought about how it is with us at times . . .

How sometimes we sit back and ask “Why doesn’t God answer my prayers?”

And I realized that it isn’t that God doesn’t answer our prayers . . .

It’s that sometimes we just don’t accept the answer because it’s not what we wish to hear.

Our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us, and although we may not always understand why a prayer is answered in the way it is, we must trust that the Lord knows what is best for us.

If we pray for healing for a loved one and the prayer isn’t answered in the way we wish it to be answered . . .

We must trust that if the Lord knows what is best for us, that he knows what is best for each of his children.

We must trust that whatever way our prayers are answered, whether favorably or not, that the Lord’s answer fits into His divine plan for our lives.

Faith goes beyond reasoning . . .

Faith is trusting in the Lord and living according to God’s will.

Just a thought!

Durango

[bold]“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you"?
-William Arthur Ward[/bold]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the