Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Meat is Murder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meat is Murder  (Read 14286 times)
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2004, 01:28:02 AM »

Quote from: felix102 on September 30, 2004, 01:35:50 AM
Hi.

I think its already been established that eating meat is ok both secularly and in accordance to God. If you just want a logical argument, consider animals eating other animals. Is this considered murder? This is nature and without it, predator eating prey, all the animals in this world could not exist. why would it be right for animals to eat each other but wrong for humans to eat animals?  

Animals eat other animals becuase they have no alternative, humans have the option, we can live health life styles without eating meat.  yes our body won't get certain things that it needs, but meat also provides the body with many unhealth things.

You missed the point here.
You said "humans have the option"...yes i have established that by saying:

Ultimately, we are free to make any choice we want...such as to eat or not eat meat.

The point is not about whether animals have an alternative or not (and if you want to go with that argument consider omnivores...many animals can eat both meat and veges...they have a choice). The point is that in nature, animals eat each other. Therefore, since we are part of nature, why would it be wrong for us to eat other animals.

Regardless of what the religious view is, and just looking ast the facts, humans being the most intelligent animals is clearly false.  Humans may have the larger brain, but we only use 10% resulting in us having a much lower brain capasity than other animals.  Lets just look at human behaviour, destroying the planet, killing other humans for no reason, yeha these definately sound like the actionsof the mostintelligent animal on the planet.

Very erroneous. I think you are confusing ethos with logos. Ethos is what humans do that can have a good/bad impact on the world, organisms, and us. The intelligence of a human has nothing to do with this. You actually did point it out yourself. You refered to it as the behavior of humans...but behavior and intelligence are completely different things. What you would be implying is this: I'm freezing cold and I am going to cut down some trees and burn it to keep myself from freezing to death. Since I'm cutting down trees and burning them (harming the environment)...that makes me stupid. simply not valid; it doesnt make much sense. I have pointed out earlier:

1) We have the power to control the environment.
2)humans are the rulers of this earth and everything in it.
3)We can eat just about anything.
4)We can do just about anything with the earth.
and key statement
5)It can be for gOOd or bAd.

So yes, humans destroy the environment (that's the bAd part) and humans also rebuild and improve the environement (that's the gOOd part...btw that's why there are environmental engineers).

« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 03:15:42 AM by felix102 » Logged
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2004, 05:43:52 AM »

Humans are not animals. We were made in the image of God. God said all animals are for us to eat and not to be refused.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2004, 06:14:01 AM »

Humans are not animals. We were made in the image of God. God said all animals are for us to eat and not to be refused.

DITTO Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2004, 07:02:38 AM »

It's a scientific fact humans are animals

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2004, 08:54:49 AM »

Hmmm....I wont argue symantics, but having both eyes in front, makes this predator skilled at measuring distance, and leathal while hunting KFC-Bird in the asphalt jungle!

Grin

I am mindful however to offer thanks to God for Bird, and the Colonel!   Cheesy

« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 08:55:50 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2004, 09:08:22 AM »

It's a Biblical fact we are not animals. Science books are always having to be changed because they are wrong. The Bible is never wrong and has always been proved to be true.

Genesis1:25: And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2004, 09:13:32 AM »

And it is not a scientific FACT that we are animals. People just say that and others follow along with that saying. Our DNA makeup is completly different. THAT is a scientific FACT.
Reba
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2004, 09:24:22 AM »

Hmmm....I wont argue symantics, but having both eyes in front, makes this predator skilled at measuring distance, and leathal while hunting KFC-Bird in the asphalt jungle!

Grin

I am mindful however to offer thanks to God for Bird, and the Colonel!   Cheesy

Hey Tim i think i saw  'that' wild bird over here'  http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=4955;start=165
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2004, 10:43:41 AM »

It's a Biblical fact we are not animals. Science books are always having to be changed because they are wrong. The Bible is never wrong and has always been proved to be true.

Genesis1:25: And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I guess it's purely a religious thing then i guess.  Depends on your view of the bible.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2004, 12:42:25 PM »

Luke O Said:

I guess it's purely a religious thing then i guess.  Depends on your view of the bible.

Brother, I would have to respectfully disagree. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion or the Bible, rather a personal choice by you. The Holy Bible is quite blunt and clear that God made many things for the nourishment of our bodies, including animals. There isn't even a hint in the Holy Bible that people shouldn't eat meat. The closest one can get is meat that was considered unclean under the Law for the Jews. Other than that, the teaching of the Holy Bible is the opposite - man may eat meat and give thanks for it.

So, being a vegetarian is a personal choice and has absolutely nothing to do with the Holy Bible. It's fine to make that choice, but it isn't fine to hint that the Holy Bible teaches it. Further, there is no hint that man is doing anything wrong by eating meat. So eat meat or don't eat meat, but you would be wrong to suggest that God doesn't want us to eat what he provided for our nourishment.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2004, 04:39:35 PM »

Luke O Said:

Brother, I would have to respectfully disagree. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion or the Bible, rather a personal choice by you. The Holy Bible is quite blunt and clear that God made many things for the nourishment of our bodies, including animals. There isn't even a hint in the Holy Bible that people shouldn't eat meat. The closest one can get is meat that was considered unclean under the Law for the Jews. Other than that, the teaching of the Holy Bible is the opposite - man may eat meat and give thanks for it.

So, being a vegetarian is a personal choice and has absolutely nothing to do with the Holy Bible. It's fine to make that choice, but it isn't fine to hint that the Holy Bible teaches it. Further, there is no hint that man is doing anything wrong by eating meat. So eat meat or don't eat meat, but you would be wrong to suggest that God doesn't want us to eat what he provided for our nourishment.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ahhhhh right, well that is actually good to know.  I was only basing the judgement that it depends on your view of the bible because the rest of the posts seemingly seem to go by whatever the bible says on the issue whether to eat meat or not, i maybe be wrong, that's just the impression i got Undecided Undecided

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2004, 09:48:06 PM »

Quote from: Berean_ on October 01, 2004, 05:43:52 AM

The "Humans are not animals" part is not quite right. According to science we ARE classified as animals. All living organisms have DNA and so do humans. Thus, all organism are essentially the same thing. Biologically we exist in the same system as any other animal including bacteria.

You have the right train of thought with wrong facts. A post a said earlier may clarify some things:
About humans being the most advanced creature on this planet, according to scripture God let man rule over all creatures on the earth. Humans are not the most advanced creature persay on biological complexity; we just have higher intelligence and reasoning. We were created in the image of God. We are far different than any other creature on this earth in this respect.

...But we are still animals (creatures)

Science correctly classifies humans as a type of animal. Of the 2 living systems plants and animals, we fall under animals. Sadly, for those who dont know the truth from God, they believe that this is ALL they are. We are quite more than just animals alone, we were created to be in God's image. As christians we know that we were designed to become like Jesus the son of God, so that we too may be the children of God. As christians, this is the good news we have over many atheists who believe that, just like any other animal, we are destined to return to the dirt. This is true just as the bible says that we came from dirt. But we know that our physical bodies die, but we ourselves do not. We ourselves go to live with God forever. "We ourselves" is what science cannot see.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 03:00:55 AM by felix102 » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2004, 11:36:55 PM »

Is Manwich and Sandwich anything like Spinach?

I can hear spinach start to squeal everytime I take a bite.

Grin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2004, 12:39:24 AM »

Is Manwich and Sandwich anything like Spinach?

I can hear spinach start to squeal everytime I take a bite.

Grin
ROFL!!  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2004, 03:42:17 AM »

Science may classify man as an animal, but God does not. God created man separately and unique from animals with a conscience, soul, and spirit that answers to God. Animals do NOT answer to God, and neither do plants. God wouldn't care what scientists call man, but God uniquely called them man and woman, not animal. Animals and plants were made for the nourishment of man, and some animals were and still are used for beasts of burden or work. Jesus Christ did NOT die on the Cross for animals, rather for man.

The birds of the air, fish of the sea, and land animals do not include man, nor are they subject to judgment or condemnation. Almighty God, the Creator, called man "man", and He put man in dominion over all other creatures. Man was made in God's image, but animals were NOT. In short, plants and animals are food, but man is not. There isn't a single portion of the Holy Bible that suggests or hints anything different.

Regarding classification by scientists, The Creator already did that, and He doesn't agree.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the