Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Meat is Murder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meat is Murder  (Read 14284 times)
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2004, 08:12:39 PM »

what oh what has beocme of my thread Cry
It has been hijacked. Embarrassed
Ok now back on track.

Okay I am a meat eater, I love meat. The Human teeth are for eating meat.

MEAT isn't Murder - Murder is Murder

Vegetarians are denying themselves a basic human comfort- eating the charred flesh of others. Who can help but see a cow in a field and think, "flank steak!" Or a fish in a pond and not think "Filet O' Fish" or "whaler"? It is only natural.

So who is really the Killer?
I believe you should eat whatever you want- when you want it. Why is it OK for the French to eat Horse, but it is ILLEGAL in California? Or how the Chinese who go ga-ga for Cat? Or how about the Koreans and Dogs? You may think of them as pets, but to them, they are Livestock.

"Eating a salad kills dozens of living plants.

hmmm you make some interesting if not sarcastic points there but i repect your opinion.  Pointing something out though, you seem it contradict yourself in your post.  You say "murder is murder" but later on you say "I believe you should eat whatever you want- when you want it".....ermmm well what if i woke up one day and wanted to eat a human, surely judging by what you said, it will be ok, yes?  

Eating salads does kill plants, but not forgeting plants don't have pain receptors or emotions,as animals do.

"The Human teeth are for eating meat"..this was one of the things you said that actually made sense, yeah your right humans teeth are design for eating meat, but humans evolve.  We are supposed to be the most advanced animal on the planet, then how come we have to kill other animals to survive, i'm sure if there was a more advanced animal killing humans for no reason we would look at things very differently.

In my opinion with humans we are NOT the most advanced animal on the planet, how can the most advanced animal on the planet do the only one that is destroying it?  

anywayz rant over

It will be interesting to hear everyone elses thoughts...please try not to be too derogetary, i'm 17 and i'm showing more maturity here Undecided Undecided Undecided
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 03:15:16 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2004, 01:35:50 AM »

Hi.

I think its already been established that eating meat is ok both secularly and in accordance to God. If you just want a logical argument, consider animals eating other animals. Is this considered murder? This is nature and without it, predator eating prey, all the animals in this world could not exist. Disruption of the food chain causes imbalances in the species' population so it is actually imperitive for predators to find its prey. This is nature and since we are animals too...why would it be right for animals to eat each other but wrong for humans to eat animals?

About humans being the most advanced creature on this planet, according to scripture God let man rule over all creatures on the earth. Humans are not the most advanced creature persay on biological complexity; we just have higher intelligence and reasoning. We were created in the image of God. We are far different than any other creature on this earth in this respect. We have the power to control the environment. It can be for good or bad. This would bring humans to the top of the heirarchy of the animal kingdom.

So basically, humans are the rulers of this earth and everything in it just about. We can eat just about anything. We can do just about anything with the earth. Ultimately, we are free to make any choice we want...such as to eat or not eat meat.

There is nothing wrong with eating meat, eating anything other than meat, or eating only candy (very bad for your health though). There is nothing ethically wrong with any of that. I'd say that being a vegetarian is a very healthy lifestyle. I'm just now being to eat a little more veges now. I feel a lot better physically.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 01:42:34 AM by felix102 » Logged
Reba
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2004, 01:39:17 AM »

Seems to this old lady this forum is becoming too 'off color'.

I would that the RCC and the Prods would battle.......
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

Eating salads does kill plants, but not forgeting plants don't have pain receptors or emotions,as animals do.

Yes plants do feel pain.

Here is the link

Scientists Prove Plants Feel Pain, Vegans Face Starvation

DALLAS--Research scientists at Baylor Medical Center have proven that plants, including vegetables, feel pain when subjected to trauma such as being yanked out of the ground, peeled, cooked, and eaten. "Veggies and plants initiate a massive hormone and chemical barrage internally when they suffer any kind of injury," says professor Barry Lindzer. "This response is akin to the nerve response and endorphin release when an animal is injured. We cannot ignore the similarities." When Tarnish asked professor Lindzer and his research team what they thought this finding might mean, they responded unanimously, "Nobel prize, baby!"

Other agencies, namely People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and the sum total of the world's hard-core vegetarians (known as vegans) registered formal complaints against the research. Their team of lawyers has already submitted a motion to have the results of the research destroyed or sealed. Others fear the damage has already been done. A spokesman for PETA said, "This is bad for us. Most of our members haven't eaten anything since hearing about the results. Our lawyers are looking into suing Mother Earth for false advertising, but concede that the suit will probably be inconclusive. In the meantime we'll be surviving on vitamin supplements and water."

In an ironic related story, a dozen PETA protesters picketing the Hungry Carnivore Steak House in New York City were allegedly assaulted by three patrons of the restaurant. Eyewitnesses say that the picketers were making their typical nuisance display of scorn and righteous indignation over the willful consumption of "the flesh of murdered animals" outside the Hungry Carnivore when two unidentified men and a woman stepped out of the establishment and sprayed the picketers with several gallons of what appeared to be blood. Victims and bystanders alike were surprised to discover that the liquid was actually V-8 juice. The truly shocking result of the alleged attack was the reaction of the picketers. All of the PETA protesters were wracked with convulsions and suffered hours of dry heaves while many of the bystanders merely laughed. This reaction within vegetarianism's great bastion of faith has many true believers reconsidering their dietary requirements. Others are quietly making funeral arrangements and the Environmental Protection Agency is considering declaring vegans an endangered species.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2004, 02:43:24 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmm a dagwood. Grin

Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2004, 06:35:24 AM »

Hi.

I think its already been established that eating meat is ok both secularly and in accordance to God. If you just want a logical argument, consider animals eating other animals. Is this considered murder? This is nature and without it, predator eating prey, all the animals in this world could not exist. why would it be right for animals to eat each other but wrong for humans to eat animals?

Animals eat other animals becuase they have no alternative, humans have the option, we can live health life styles without eating meat.  yes our body won't get certain things that it needs, but meat also provides the body with many unhealth things.

About humans being the most advanced creature on this planet, according to scripture God let man rule over all creatures on the earth. Humans are not the most advanced creature persay on biological complexity; we just have higher intelligence and reasoning. We were created in the image of God.

Regardless of what the religious view is, and just looking ast the facts, humans being the most intelligent animals is clearly false.  Humans may have the larger brain, but we only use 10% resulting in us having a much lower brain capasity than other animals.  Lets just look at human behaviour, destroying the planet, killing other humans for no reason, yeha these definately sound like the actionsof the mostintelligent animal on the planet.

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2004, 10:57:53 AM »

Regardless of what the religious view is, and just looking ast the facts, humans being the most intelligent animals is clearly false.  Humans may have the larger brain, but we only use 10% resulting in us having a much lower brain capasity than other animals.  Lets just look at human behaviour, destroying the planet, killing other humans for no reason, yeha these definately sound like the actionsof the mostintelligent animal on the planet.

Along with intelligence comes responsibility. Animals have no responsibility; humans do. Along with intelligence comes conscience...animals have none; most humans have one, but not all of them, apparently, or else they are ignoring it. Because the actions of some are apparently, somewhat less than thoughtful, does not make all of humanity the same.

God apparently thinks humans are worth something, or He wouldn't have given us His greatest gift....Jesus.

Animals eat other animals becuase they have no alternative, humans have the option, we can live health life styles without eating meat.  yes our body won't get certain things that it needs, but meat also provides the body with many unhealth things.

Animals have the same alternative man has, when you come right down to it. There are plenty of animals who are not carnivorous...and they survive quite handily.

God gave man the authority and dominion over animals...not over each other (God is my authority; He has dominion in my life). Equating meat-eating with the eating of humans makes no sense whatsoever. God's word has never said humans may eat humans....  What an odd argument to use.

Personally, I have no problem with vegans...my daughter calls herself a "pastatarian"....she doesn't like meat, but eats plenty of pasta, veggies, fruit etc..... She does, however, cook meat for her husband and has no problem doing that.

I don't see the point in this at all....if you don't like meat, don't eat it. But don't tell everybody else it's wrong, when God clearly says it isn't wrong.

peace

†† Guided by God ††
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2004, 12:37:04 PM »

First of all i'd like to like your post was very constructive, and did make some good points, some i disagreed with though, not trying to changed your view, just giving my opinion....

Animals have no responsibility; humans do.

Do other animals not gave to shelter, feed and care for their young?  Do they not feel sadness, happiness, worry? ...

God gave man the authority and dominion over animals...not over each other (God is my authority; He has dominion in my life). Equating meat-eating with the eating of humans makes no sense whatsoever. God's word has never said humans may eat humans....  What an odd argument to use.

Yeah i'm not that religious of a guy, sothis is where our opinion iwll obviously varie.  But, surely driving your car, making a fire, etc etc all things that destroy the earth is wrong aswell.  I'm sure God wouldn't be too thrilled to see his own creation being destroyed.  

I don't see the point in this at all....if you don't like meat, don't eat it. But don't tell everybody else it's wrong, when God clearly says it isn't wrong.

This thread is meant for opinions, i'm not dictating to people that they have to stop eating meat, i'm just giving reasons why i think it is wrong.  Seen as though the thread is under the categorie 'Debate' i think it is appropriate.

Just a general theory, and i'm probably gonna offend people here or summin.  But God surely made mistakes in his life, and said things he regretted, maybe he might not be right about humans eating meat.  Human's are all about individuality, surely just doing something cause someone else said you should is like a sheep following a herd....just my opinion anywayz, hope i haven't angered anyone.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2004, 03:22:16 PM »

Sister Reba,

Please accept my apology for missing the WAY 'off color' post.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2004, 03:26:31 PM »

Thank you Mr. Beapster!

Again you have shown yourself to be a man worthy of respect. Smiley
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2004, 03:27:10 PM »

Sister Reba,

Please accept my apology for missing the WAY 'off color' post.

Love In Christ,
Tom
And mine for the posting of it.
Now what does RCC and the Prods mean??

Reba
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2004, 03:31:18 PM »

Thank you DW!  Smiley

THE war here, in the forums, between the cathalics and the prodistents. But as you can see i cant spell.... so it gets 'shorthanded' to RCC and Prods.  Grin
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2004, 04:43:18 PM »

It will be interesting to hear everyone elses thoughts...please try not to be too derogetary, i'm 17 and i'm showing more maturity here Undecided Undecided Undecided

LOL! That you are Luke O  Wink

Trouble is, its difficult to take this thread very seriously when the subject foolishly argues against what God has already said about it... carry on  Cheesy

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2004, 05:29:09 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Luke O,

Almighty God gave us many things for the nourishment of our bodies, including the meat of animals. I have no problem at all with you being a vegetarian, but there is nothing in the Holy Bible about it being wrong for man to eat the things God has provided.

Giving thanks to God for whatever we eat is the least we can do to show our appreciation for what God has provided. This is really what this boils down do. If you feel badly about eating meat, don't eat it, but give thanks for the fruit and vegetables you do eat.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2004, 08:40:39 PM »

[

Wouldn't a man-wich be a war-lock?  Huh

Grin

Actually, it was trying to be a play on the word sandwich as in manwich...  oh well, guess everyone didn't get it.

Grace and Peace!

I did so get it!  Tongue I cook Manwich as often as I can get away with!  Grin

The Man Witch (wich) = 'Warlock' was an attempt to play on words. Oh well, guess NO ONE got it!  Lips Sealed  Grin

I GOT IT, I GOT IT !!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the