Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  life?!?!?!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: life?!?!?!?  (Read 3074 times)
emptyemerica

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2004, 12:17:05 AM »

I'm a 15 year old guy who goes to church and worships god, but beside that i always feel like what ever i do is useless and a waste of time becuase its not like we ever look back at all the memories when were in heaven so its like why do good in school cause where your dead and in heaven its not like any of that is still there...........idk, do any of you know what i kind of mean, like when were in heaven its not like we will remember the time at the movies with friends or anything....I'm reading a book and the more i think about it, its like why even read it, when i'm gone it wont matter what i did when i was alive. Undecided
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 12:18:48 AM by emptyemerica » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 01:57:54 AM »

I'm a 15 year old guy who goes to church and worships god, but beside that i always feel like what ever i do is useless and a waste of time becuase its not like we ever look back at all the memories when were in heaven so its like why do good in school cause where your dead and in heaven its not like any of that is still there...........idk, do any of you know what i kind of mean, like when were in heaven its not like we will remember the time at the movies with friends or anything....I'm reading a book and the more i think about it, its like why even read it, when i'm gone it wont matter what i did when i was alive. Undecided
Hi and welcome!  Smiley
Though I follow your reasoning, and I don't disagree with all of it; I don't completely agree, either!  Wink
Even if you won't remember the time spent with friends at the movies (or wherever), your friends are aware of YOU. So how you are should reflect Christ - wherever you are. If your friends are saved, then time spent together should be edifying to each other and an example for others. If they're not saved, then you're planting seeds.

And the more you learn the more you will understand people and how they think, etc. which again should help you present Christ to them.

Think of it as your very own mission field. Wherever you go, you are representing Christ... including school.  Wink

Jesus was raised as a carpenter's son. Was there any real 'point' to Him learning that trade? Or attending a wedding? Or eating with sinners?  Smiley

graphxguy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 12:13:21 AM »

There's one thing that matters both on earth and heaven...what you did for Jesus.

Instead of looking at all of life from your perspective, try to see it from Jesus' perspective or a heavenly perspective. Jesus expects us to be the best we can in everything we do. Even though they may seem like mundane and unimportant at the time, they could be times that he is trying to use you to reach a lost family member or friend. Once you are saved (and I'm assuming you are) Jesus expects you to go to work, either as a sower or a harvester, showing His love to a lost world, telling others about Him.

As far as life's memories are concerned, those are things that you would not have had if God had decided not to create you. Sure He wants us to enjoy things and have great experiences with friends but His ultimate purpose for us on this earth is His Glory and pleasure, which we will be rewarded for when we find ourselves in heaven.

In Christ Alone,

Stephen
emptyemerica

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 07:56:15 PM »

Thanks for everyone's help with all my questions.....Its kind of hard when your 15 so thanks for all the answers and giving me more knowledge about the lord...God bless Cheesy
farrer

I'm agnostic ;)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 05:26:22 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.

How about this. You all are wasting your lives for something that may not even exist. No, I am not "saved" and I don't intend to ever consider myself "saved" again. I'd rather not pull off of other's ideas and not grow in any way at all. Trust me, it's a waste of time.

Farrer

Hey, I'm not Christian... Is that okay with you guys? *is slightly scared*
farrer

I'm agnostic ;)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 05:54:34 PM »

Oh yes, and please don't discriminate me because I'm speaking blasphemy or whatever. I just want to have a civil conversation/debate with you guys. If that's okay. Please make sure there is mutual respect.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 06:02:02 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.

How about this. You all are wasting your lives for something that may not even exist. No, I am not "saved" and I don't intend to ever consider myself "saved" again. I'd rather not pull off of other's ideas and not grow in any way at all. Trust me, it's a waste of time.

Farrer

Hello Farrer,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!!

Jesus is quite real, you just don't know him. I've known Jesus for over 50 years. Jesus loves my entire family, and we love Him. Jesus is just as real as you are. Would you like to meet Jesus?

Tom

farrer

I'm agnostic ;)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 06:18:56 PM »

Okay if you want to witness to me, don't scare me all right?  Tongue Sorry that was just a little weird. Um, well, I've been a Christian before, a strong one. But then...I drifted away from religion and I found that I felt...better.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 05:43:02 PM »

Okay if you want to witness to me, don't scare me all right?  Tongue Sorry that was just a little weird. Um, well, I've been a Christian before, a strong one. But then...I drifted away from religion and I found that I felt...better.

farrer,

It is impossible to say that you were a strong Christian once and later say that you don't know Jesus. You never knew or met Jesus. It is a life changing experience you will never forget. Short of falling into a coma or loosing your mind, you either know Jesus or you don't. Many people go through the motions of going to church and other things without ever receiving Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. HE lives in the hearts of those who have accepted HIM. The question about whether he exists or not is answered forever when HE lives in and fills your heart.

Once you have experienced the love of Jesus, HE IS A LIVING REALITY.

Love In Jesus,
Tom

farrer

I'm agnostic ;)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 06:12:30 PM »

All right, Tom, let's think about this first. I don't beleive in the philosophy behind Christianity anymore, so obviously I can agree with you that I never "knew" Jesus. If he doesn't exist, I certainly didn't know him.

HOWEVER you probably define a Christian by a person who surrendurs his/her life to Christ, receives forgiveness from his/her sins, and believes that He died for our sins. I did pray that prayer quite meaningfully, and, by your standards, I was a Christian. Believe me, I was very enthusiastic about it and I certainly thought i know Jesus.

Therefore, once again by your standards, I did know him.

Bear in mind, I do beleive in a God or a higher power, no one in their right mind can deny that; I just don't see how that makes Christianity true. I suppose I'm a deist. I havn't really labeled myself.

The reason I signed on to these forums was because I wanted to see what other Christians would say to this, and, I don't know, possibly convince me to go back to it... I won't deny that I do sort of miss that feeling that I belonged somewhere. But it seems that no matter what other Christians say, it always seems to further turn me off to the whole idea; I'm perfectly content where I am right now. I don't like that Christianity forces people into submission, one of the first steps in brainwashing, and how it makes people separate themselves from others, thinking they are better off. Despite the mission work, it's so self-centered.

Heck, I might be like C.S. Lewis and come back to it in a decade or so, haha.

~Farrer
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 06:21:20 PM by farrer » Logged

Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 11:01:36 PM »

Now we all REALLY wish we had those replies to alice.  Undecided

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 09:46:43 AM »

All right, Tom, let's think about this first. I don't beleive in the philosophy behind Christianity anymore, so obviously I can agree with you that I never "knew" Jesus. If he doesn't exist, I certainly didn't know him.

HOWEVER you probably define a Christian by a person who surrendurs his/her life to Christ, receives forgiveness from his/her sins, and believes that He died for our sins. I did pray that prayer quite meaningfully, and, by your standards, I was a Christian. Believe me, I was very enthusiastic about it and I certainly thought i know Jesus.

Therefore, once again by your standards, I did know him.

Bear in mind, I do beleive in a God or a higher power, no one in their right mind can deny that; I just don't see how that makes Christianity true. I suppose I'm a deist. I havn't really labeled myself.

The reason I signed on to these forums was because I wanted to see what other Christians would say to this, and, I don't know, possibly convince me to go back to it... I won't deny that I do sort of miss that feeling that I belonged somewhere. But it seems that no matter what other Christians say, it always seems to further turn me off to the whole idea; I'm perfectly content where I am right now. I don't like that Christianity forces people into submission, one of the first steps in brainwashing, and how it makes people separate themselves from others, thinking they are better off. Despite the mission work, it's so self-centered.

Heck, I might be like C.S. Lewis and come back to it in a decade or so, haha.

~Farrer

Quick question.....

Hypothetically, if you had died back when you thought you believed, and God had asked you why He should let you into heaven, what would you answer have been to Him?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 02:47:27 PM »

Farrer,

Here's a start for you.

How To Be Saved:
http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/besaved.html

This really isn't a matter for sport, fun, or play acting.

Love in Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 05:17:14 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.

Farrer

Hello Farrer,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!!

Jesus is quite real, you just don't know him. I've known Jesus for over 50 years. Jesus loves my entire family, and we love Him. Jesus is just as real as you are. Would you like to meet Jesus?

Tom
Tom,
What a wonderful invitation.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 06:06:46 PM »

I'm a 15 year old guy who goes to church and worships god, but beside that i always feel like what ever i do is useless and a waste of time becuase its not like we ever look back at all the memories when were in heaven so its like why do good in school cause where your dead and in heaven its not like any of that is still there...........idk,
Hi,
Welcome.
What we do on earth in this life is not for the purpose of building a memory bank to take to heaven. Heaven offers more than we could ever imagine here in and on the physical earth. We will not need or want any of our earthly memories or happenings.
However we are to lay up treasure for ourselves in heaven which I would say are our good works of God we do here on earth in this life that will be a measure of our reward from Jesus Christ. These works donot get us to heaven, faith does that, but Godly works will give a reward accordingly.

do any of you know what i kind of mean, like when were in heaven its not like we will remember the time at the movies with friends or anything....I'm reading a book and the more i think about it, its like why even read it, when i'm gone it wont matter what i did when i was alive. Undecided
Yes, I know what you mean because I still think as a natural man with all the shortcomings and emotions.
 You will not care about that book or a memory of it, or a movie of men origins. There will be no pain or suffering so one will not remember friends because then we would be pained by who made it and who did not. All of this is known, felt, and judged by our five physical senses. We will not have these senses in heaven as they will not be becessary for being.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the