Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:04:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Revelation 8:8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Revelation 8:8  (Read 3155 times)
Seven_Tides
« on: June 13, 2003, 04:13:51 PM »

Revelation 8:8
" The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood, and a third of the creatures which were in the sea and had life, died; and a third of the
ships were destroyed."

Some think that this verse actually means a mountain with fire
on it. However, if you observe it closely, it says "something
like a great mountain with fire". "Something" is the key word
here. It could either be a comet or a meteor.
hisvessel1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 12:37:42 AM »

this may also refer to nuclear devastation, that comes from outer space. [ asteroid or meteor, as you posted ].

HV1
Seven_Tides
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 11:03:37 AM »

Quote from Hisvessel1 today at 12:37:42am:

this may also refer to nuclear devastation, that comes from outer space. [ asteroid or meteor, as you posted ].

Nuclear devastation...Could be. It's possible.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 11:07:31 AM »

A third of the sea will be where the mountain with fire will be thrown into. When it refers to this, does it mean a certain
ocean (ie Atlantic, Pacific, Indian etc.) or does it mean a third
of the water on the Earth?
hisvessel1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 07:52:59 PM »

hi tides. in regards to your question, i would say it means a third of the water on the earth. i would say all the oceans, seas, rivers, etc. as they all have aquatic life. just my opinion.

HV1
Seven_Tides
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 08:43:22 PM »

Hi hv1.

Thanks for the opinion.

I think it's a certain ocean. Even though it doesn't matter
what part of the world's water is plagued by the mountain
with fire, I still find it interesting.

Grin
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 03:11:33 AM »

Wheew!

You are into a big Boy area now!

It is almost impossible to decipher this parable without an item mentioned only twice in scripture and that is the Key of David.

I will say this.

As the Bible is the Mountain of God, so too is the Mountain refered to not a Mountain.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 11:37:05 AM »

Yep, I'm in Big Boy area now! Alright! Grin

But can you possibly clarify that last statement you made, Comforter? Sorry.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 12:39:24 PM »

Wheew!

You are into a big Boy area now!

It is almost impossible to decipher this parable without an item mentioned only twice in scripture and that is the Key of David.

I will say this.

As the Bible is the Mountain of God, so too is the Mountain refered to not a Mountain.

Spiritualizing the Bible huh? I guess Jesus wasn't really beaten and crucified either right? no flood, no plagues in Egypt and so on?
By the way, Jesus was perfect with parables, and He always explained them afterward...you aren't so good with them, and no-one but yourself seems to understand what you're talking about. Sorry, just an observation.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 12:55:54 PM »

I see...

So he [Comforter] thinks everything is spiritual?

Well then, why would the Bible say that a a great mountain with fire fell on a third of the seas, and the sea became blood, if it wasn't a literal prophecy? It sounds pretty much like a real comet or meteor falling on to the Earth's waters and burning them up, doesn't it?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2003, 01:02:16 PM »

I see...

So he [Comforter] thinks everything is spiritual?

Well then, why would the Bible say that a a great mountain with fire fell on a third of the seas, and the sea became blood, if it wasn't a literal prophecy? It sounds pretty much like a real comet or meteor falling on to the Earth's waters and burning them up, doesn't it?

I don't know if he believes "everything" is spiritual, but he certainly seems to believe that scripture should not be taken litterally.

I agree with you seven, I believe the verse describes a huge comet or meteor.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 01:35:30 PM »

Well, I meant to put Comforter thinks most of the Bible is
spiritual.

*Note to self: Remember to use the right words to explain
 what I'm saying.
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2003, 06:06:19 PM »

Clarification:

Since you asked = He who hath an ear...

I will answer = Let Him listen...

Within Scripture you will find carefully placed examples of certain words that are repeated over and over again so that you become familiar with their meanings when used to represent one certain thing. This becomes apparent once you catch on and it reveals hidden things to the trained eye.

Let's look at water.

And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

In the above example it is clear the word water was used for things. People and places and languages.

A connection starts to appear:

Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

By the breath of God frost is given: and the breadth of the waters is straitened.

Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?

And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Ok lets get a little deeper:

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, (refering to the Church)

And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

A quick mention that even today we say:  A sea of information, written in blood, and I just knew deep down inside.

You will find secondary quotes such as:
The Knowledge of Heaven is as the dew...

The Word being information and Christ saying come unto Him.

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Examples that can only mean information:

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Dragon and Serpent being used together to identify an evil presents as in the beast which sets up the little horn which is the other beast speaking great blasphemies against the followers of Christ - Anti-Christ.

A personal note from TheComforter

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jesus well explained parables that were to be understood in the moment, but any reader of the scripture knows well that some parables and mysteries were left unanswered.

Example:

Three Sixes
Mystery, Babylon, The Mother Of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth - with commas to let you know it is three words.
Seven Kings
He Goat with One notable Horn

To name a few, even items such as The Key of David mentioned before, and yet no answer or clue?

Quotes such as saying once, "Think not that I come to save, but to destroy..."
And another saying, "I come not to destroy but to save..."

To the trained eye it is clear that facing the Tare He has made one statement and turning to face the Wheat He makes quite the opposite statement. Therefore, it becomes apparent that scripture in it's entirity contains both Spiritual and Carnal side by side in stereo at all times.

Besides Water, there are many words that have special meaning throughout scripture.

Grass

All flesh is as the grass.

This is one of many examples that pure carnal is as the grass.

Tree

Mine come forth as the trees.

Any man who even turns toward scripture and the Lord is as a tree instead of pure grass.

Heavenly examples even run deeply into modern civilization and slang they are so powerful as we say things like Your (fill in rhyme here) is grass.

All I am interested in is showing men (both male and female) wonders of scripture that lay hidden only because they are yet to be seen. From this moment on all who read this shall begin to see things they have never before seen and statements within scripture that unfold because you are now looking for them.

No where in my efforts will you find me discussing myself personally nor seeking praise. I am only interested in revealing what was there all along.

In His service.

John.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the