Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:32:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HELL DISCOVERED!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELL DISCOVERED!  (Read 1400 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2004, 12:08:19 PM »

NASA news report:

Astronomers have discovered a new planet, about the size of Jupiter, orbiting a distant star. Similar in size to Jupiter, but it has a 1,500 degree temperature, and is about 500 light years away.

DAILY INQUIRER REPORT:
ASTRONOMERS CLAIM TO HAVE DISCOVERED THE REAL LOCATION OF HELL!!! Astronomers today say that they have peered deep into space, and have located hell, and it IS HOT, confirming Biblical accounts of that place. A confidential source within the investigation says that "at 1,500 degrees, the place would be extremely uncomfortable for any human, and would definitely be a 'place of torment'. The source further reports that hell is full of a 'lava-like lake of fire and brimstone'.

ROFL. Cheesy

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
starrleicht

I'm a Christian!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 05:22:58 PM »

Yeah...things that make you go hmmmm...all right.  But it is interesting in a quirky sort of way. Can't deny they make it sound like hell all right!  

Sometimes I think hell is right here on earth... Sad

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 03:25:22 PM »

Maybe they just turned their telescopes the other way and redescovered the sun? Smiley

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 11:36:29 AM »

Maybe they just turned their telescopes the other way and redescovered the sun?

Actually, I think that considering where those telescopes are probably buried, it's really pretty dark....and the light they see is nothing more than the bubbling remains of last nights dinner (stuffed jalapenos!)   Cheesy

BroHank
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 11:11:10 AM »

That is interesting planet they found Evangelist when did they discover it?

I wanted to point out that Scriptures point that hell is found inside the earth.

Psalms 55:15 Let Him incite death against them may they go down alive into Sheol! For where they dwell there evil is.

Psalms 139:8 If I ascend to heaven You are there if I descend to Sheol You are there too.

1 Samuel 2:6 The Lord deals death and gives life Casts down into Sheol and raises up.

Isaiah 38:10,18 I have been consigned to the gates of Sheol For the rest of my years.
For it is not Sheol that praises You, Not {the Land of} Death that extols You Nor do they who descend into the Pit Hope for Your grace.

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire has flared in My wrath and burned to the bottom of Sheol.

Ecclesiastes 8:6 Let me be a seal upon your heart like the seal upon your hand. For love is fierce as death passion is mighty as Sheol its darts are darts of fire a blazing fire.

Isaiah 5:14 Assuredly Sheol has opened wide its gullet and parted its jaws in a measureless gape and down into it shall go that splendor and tumult that din and revelry.

Isaiah 14:15 Instead you are brought down to Sheol to the bottom of the Pit. (A region of the netherworld reserved for those who have not received decent burial.)

Ezekiel 31:14-18 So that no trees by water should exalt themselves in stature or set their tops among the leafy trees and that no well watered tree may reach up to them in height. For they are all consigned to death to the lowest part of the netherworld, together with human beings who descend into the Pit.
Thus said the Lord God: On the day it went down to Sheol I closed the deep over it and covered it I held back its streams and the great waters were checked.
I made nations quake at the crash of its fall when I cast it down to SHeol with those who descend into the Pit and all the trees of Eden the choicest and best of Lebanon all that were well watered were consoled in the lowest part of the netherworld. They also descended with it into Sheol to those slain by the sword together with its supporters they who had lived under its shadow among the nations.
And you too shall be brought down with the trees of Eden to the lowest part of the netherworld you shall lie among the uncircumcised and those slain by the sword.

Ezekiel 26:20 Then I will bring you down with those who go down to the Pit to the people of old. I will install you in the netherworld with those that go down to the Pit like the runs of old so that you shall not be inhabited and shall not radiate splendor in the land of the living.

Ezekiel 32:18

Proverbs 7:27 Her house is a Highway to Sheol, leading down to Death’s inner chambers.

Psalms 18:5 Ropes if Death encompassed me torrents of Belial terrified me ropes of Sheol encircled me snares of Death confronted me….Belial-The Netherworld, like “Death” and “Sheol.

Psalms 16:10 For You will not abandon me to Sheol or let your faithful one see the Pit.

Psalms 30:3 O Lord, my God, I cried out to You and You healed me. O Lord You brought me up from Sheol preserved me from going down into the Pit.

Isiah 14:9 Hell from beneath is excited about you to meet you at yoru coming It stirs up the dead for you All the chief ones of the earth IT has raised up from their thrones All the kings of the nations. They all shall speak and say to you: Have you also beccome as weak as we? Have you become like us? Your pomp is brought down to SHeol and the sound of your stringed instruments the maggot is spread under you and worms cover you.

Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 63:9 But those who seek my life to destroy it shall go into the lower parts of the earth.

Here is a website that is very well written and researched about sheol which is hell.

http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/sheol_hades.htm

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 02:09:08 PM »

That is interesting planet they found Evangelist when did they discover it?

Rofl.....the NASA portion of the "headline" is actual. The planet was discovered about a month or so ago. The Daily Enquirer portion was a tongue-in-cheek parody of what they would turn such a story into.

BroHank
king911

I love skateboarding

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 02:17:23 PM »

NASA news report:

Astronomers have discovered a new planet, about the size of Jupiter, orbiting a distant star. Similar in size to Jupiter, but it has a 1,500 degree temperature, and is about 500 light years away.

DAILY INQUIRER REPORT:
ASTRONOMERS CLAIM TO HAVE DISCOVERED THE REAL LOCATION OF HELL!!! Astronomers today say that they have peered deep into space, and have located hell, and it IS HOT, confirming Biblical accounts of that place. A confidential source within the investigation says that "at 1,500 degrees, the place would be extremely uncomfortable for any human, and would definitely be a 'place of torment'. The source further reports that hell is full of a 'lava-like lake of fire and brimstone'.

ROFL. Cheesy
this is knida stupid because hell is not in space! ok

Andrew
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the