Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Issues for Men and Women worldwide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issues for Men and Women worldwide  (Read 2057 times)
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2004, 08:46:00 AM »

As  a  young  black  Christian  guy  living  in  American  society, I have come to notice  many  things.  Some  of  them are truly  frightening.  So  scary  that  I  try  to  warn  people  about them  but  no one  listens.   This  is  the  hard  truth.  It  may chill, it may provoke.  I am  rather  certain  it  will  leave a mark.

I try to do what I call everyday activism.

There is a lot of injustice in this world. In America, the justice system is biased.....against Men.

All kinds of bad things happen to Men. A Woman can make a false accusation of rape against a man and lawyers and prosecutors automatically believe her. The Man is seen as
Guilty without evidence or proof needed. Man ? Bad. Woman ? Good. That's the way the system works in America. But is that the way it should ?

A man who was married to a woman for years learns from his wife that she wants a divorce. She is angry and bitter. If she wants to, she can make sure that he never sees the children again. She can say that he was physically abusive to her and the children. She can say that he is dangerous. The Cops and Prosecutors will automatically believe her. The Man is always seen as the Bad Guy and the Woman as his Helpless Victim.

This sucks !!!!!!!!!

A man working in corporate America is doing his job and some lady gets mad at him for no reason. She accuses him of Sexual Harassment. Automatically, the system thinks he is guilty. They never even acknowledge the fact that......He Might Be Innocent.

A woman physically assaults a man. She hurts him. He was raised as a Gentleman and doesnt want to hurt her. She will hurt him and then lie to the Cops and say that HE was the one who hurt HER. The police will believe Her over Him any day.

This is NOT fair !!!!!

Feminist Organizations depict all men as evil and that is NOT true.

There are countless SHELTERS for WOMEN who are VICTIMS of Domestic Violence done by MEN.

There are no SHELTERS for MEN who are VICTIMS of Domestic Violence done by WOMEN.

This also isn't fair.

Men and Women suffer and both should be able to rely on the System to help them.
Yet that's not the way it is.

Someone needs to do something about that. More Men need to Speak Up about this. Don't be afraid. Join forces with others who are in the same boat. YOU are NOT alone.
Reba
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:39:42 AM »

The scriptures are full of exsamples of how to be a man. So called christian men have as Adam did, followed a woman instead of God.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 08:03:52 AM »

Abused MEN!  The other side of the abuse issue.  

There is evidence that there are more abused men than  women now. All abuse is wrong but men do not have a place to go. Even the church overlooks this problem. Come here and let us explore this together from a Biblical point of view.
JESUS CARES AND we DO too!

http://www.shatterdmen.com/linkpage.htm

Violence against children by women is another issue where the public attitude is very different than the facts revealed by formal studies.  The Third National Incidence Study of Child Abuse and Neglect (NIS-3) from the US Department of Health and Human Services (call 1-800-FYI-3366 for a copy) reveals data about child abuse by mothers.

Women commit most child abuse in intact biological families. When the man is removed from the family the children are at greater risk.  Mother-only households are more dangerous to children than father-only households.

Children are 3 times more likely to be fatally abused in Mother-only Households than in Father-only Households, and many times more likely in households where the mother cohabits with a man other than the biological father.

Children raised in Single-mother Households are 8 times more likely to become killers than children raised with their biological father.

Other studies reveal more about female violence against children:

Women hit their male children more frequently and more severely than they hit their female children.

Women commit  55% of child murders and 64% of their victims are male children.

Eighty two percent of the general population had their first experience of violence at the hands of women, usually their mother.

Our culture learns to be violent from our mothers, not our fathers.

Yet, 3.1 million reports of child abuse are filed against men each year, most of which are false accusations used as leverage in a divorce or custody case.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ssewell38/Family-Violence.htm

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 08:14:48 AM »

The Fine Print of Federal Domestic Violence Laws
by Anita K. Blair
1/1/2000

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is not the only federal domestic violence law based on false premises. In 1994 and 1996 Congress enacted gun control laws prohibiting any person who is subject to a domestic violence protective order from owning any guns or ammunition. The trouble is, state courts routinely issue boilerplate protective orders in divorce and child custody cases. Either or both parties may seek a protective order, and courts often issue "mutual" orders applying to both parties.

These orders generally are intended to maintain the status quo, stating in essence, "Don't clean out the bank account, and don't sell the house." But many also include, somewhere in the fine print, a catchall prohibition against violence or threats of violence.

The fine print can make anybody a federal felon at the stroke of a pen. It happened to Dr. Timothy Emerson in Texas when he agreed to a routine protective order as part of his divorce case. Even though there was no evidence he had committed or threatened any violence whatsoever, Dr. Emerson suddenly found himself charged with a federal felony (and facing up to ten years in prison) for possessing firearms while subject to a protective order.

This federal law, like VAWA, is based on ignorance, non-facts, and wishful thinking about the power of the federal government to curb violence between intimate partners. It is bad enough that this law makes felons of otherwise law-abiding citizens, merely because they are involved in civil family law cases. What is worse, the law ignores the reality of intimate violence.

Contrary to the beliefs of VAWA proponents, domestic violence is not merely a matter of men beating up women. In fact, about half the incidents of domestic violence involve both parties. In the real world, women are just as likely as men to become subject to protective orders that would deprive them of the right to own a gun. Their remedy in case of attack is to dial 911 -- and pray that help arrives in time. This federal law, like VAWA, is apt to hurt, rather than help, women involved in dangerous relationships.

In fact, millions of people, including about 30 percent of women, own a gun. Most of those women report they do so solely for the purpose of self-protection. Recent studies by Prof. John Lott (Yale Law) and others demonstrate that the incidence of violent crime, especially rape, decreases dramatically in areas where more individuals own and carry guns. Other studies estimate that in about 1.5 million to 2.5 million incidents per year, potential crime victims are able to avoid robbery, injury, or death by using (or just showing) a firearm.

The Independent Women's Forum filed an amicus brief in Dr. Emerson's appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. We argued that the right of self-defense is fundamental, and thus law-abiding citizens should not be deprived of their legal right to possess defensive weapons without due process and credible evidence of threats or violence. Women especially, who are usually smaller and weaker than their attackers, ought to be allowed, if they choose, to use more than a telephone to protect themselves and their loved ones.

http://www.iwf.org/issues/issues_print.asp?ArticleID=396

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 08:18:47 AM »

Capitol Hill Briefing on Domestic Violence
Anne C. Cools Speaks
4/1/2001

At a well-attended Capitol Hill Briefing in February, the IWF presented Canadian Senator Anne C. Cools, an innovator in commonsense solutions to the problems of domestic violence.

Anita K. Blair
Domestic violence -- violence between intimates -- is as old as Cain and Abel. Despite the thousands of years that we’ve had human beings getting angry with one another, sometimes doing things that they shouldn’t, the understanding of the dynamic between people has really not progressed much until recently.

In the United States, we have a federal law called the Violence Against Women Act or VAWA. The IWF and other prominent organizations have been somewhat critical of many parts of VAWA. We believe that the most important thing to be done by the government for the citizens is to protect people who are victims or potential victims of violence, whether it be in their homes, in the streets, at the mall, or in their neighborhoods.

We are delighted to present Sen. Anne Cools from Canada. Senator Cools has been a leader in the creation of social services to help battered women, families in crisis, and families troubled by domestic violence.

Sen. Anne C. Cools
My area of expertise is domestic violence, the family, fatherhood, and politics. I am a Senator -- the very first female, black Canadian Senator, and I frequently speak about the current political condition and the gross distortion of the law -- both family and criminal law -- by radical gender-feminist ideology.

I have asserted the obvious, that both men and women are equally capable of being good parents, just as they are equally capable of being bad parents. I have repudiated the concept of the moral superiority of biology and gender, that is, the proposition that women are morally superior to men and that men are morally defective and inferior to women. I have repudiated the proposition that women can do no wrong and that men can do no right, the proposition that virtue and love are women’s and that vice and selfishness are men’s.

Aggression, violence, and personal imperfection are human afflictions. They are human problems, not gender problems. I have also asserted that the legal term the “best interests of the child” has always included the children’s interests in a meaningful involvement with both parents, fathers and mothers, and that children are not the chattel of their mothers.

In politics, men have received little concern in recent times. In fact, they have received much diminution, even scorn, under the guise of concern about sexism and women’s rights. The data shows that in divorce women are granted custody about 80 percent of the time, while fathers are commonly and frequently alienated from their children.

Empirically, the shorter average life expectancy, the performance of more dangerous and heavy jobs, the higher morbidity rates, and now divorce, stress, and oppression suggest to me that male survival is truly miraculous. Fathers’ alienation from their children is rampant, yet this fact raises little interest from governments and cabinet ministers.

My comparisons are purely to illustrate that the male of the species has had some difficulty not only in obtaining life but in sustaining it as well. That women suffer at the hands of men is now well debated and documented, but that men suffer at the hands of women and female aggression is deserving of attention.
My focus is largely on fathers, on men’s suffering as fathers, on fathers’ punishment in divorce and family law, and the consequences of the radical feminists’ ideological dominion in family law -- the consequences for society, for family, for children, and for fathers themselves.

I assert that anything that diminishes fatherhood diminishes motherhood, and inflicts pain on children. Any social or legal theory that promotes or causes the alienation of fathers from their children is intellectually and morally fraudulent and bankrupt and should be roundly condemned, particularly the mischief that has flowed from the radical feminist theory of patriarchal society.

Men and women, connected by current or former sexual relationships, can inflict hurt on each other, and tragically, some even kill one another. My life’s work has been in spousal and family violence. In many of these relationships, there are tangles of pathologies, coercive patterns, and numerous dynamics that reinforce one another.

Aggression and violence are scourges of the human condition. Human nature’s dark side is reflected in both genders, male and female, as is human nature’s better side.

Aggression and violence are human problems, not gender problems. My position is supported by the evidence and by the scholarly studies on domestic violence that show symmetry and reciprocity in domestic violence. Men and women attack and hit each other equally and as often. Because men are usually bigger and stronger than women they may inflict more physical harm, but women are equally likely as men to commit physical violence against their intimate partners or children.
Both men and women are capable of terrible deeds. But, both men and women are capable of good deeds, great love, and humanity.

Canadian Liberal Party Senator Anne C. Cools from Ontario has been a leader in the creation of social services to help battered women, families in crisis, and families troubled by domestic violence.

http://www.iwf.org/issues/issues_print.asp?ArticleID=374

BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 04:15:21 PM »

You are  very  much  enlightened  and   informed.   Thank  you  for  sharing.  May  God  bless  you.  peace.
child_of_God_2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 12:07:49 AM »

As  a  young  black  Christian  guy  living  in  American  society, I have come to notice  many  things.  Some  of  them are truly  frightening.  So  scary  that  I  try  to  warn  people  about them  but  no one  listens.   This  is  the  hard  truth.  It  may chill, it may provoke.  I am  rather  certain  it  will  leave a mark.

I try to do what I call everyday activism.

There is a lot of injustice in this world. In America, the justice system is biased.....against Men.

All kinds of bad things happen to Men. A Woman can make a false accusation of rape against a man and lawyers and prosecutors automatically believe her. The Man is seen as
Guilty without evidence or proof needed. Man ? Bad. Woman ? Good. That's the way the system works in America. But is that the way it should ?

A man who was married to a woman for years learns from his wife that she wants a divorce. She is angry and bitter. If she wants to, she can make sure that he never sees the children again. She can say that he was physically abusive to her and the children. She can say that he is dangerous. The Cops and Prosecutors will automatically believe her. The Man is always seen as the Bad Guy and the Woman as his Helpless Victim.

This sucks !!!!!!!!!

A man working in corporate America is doing his job and some lady gets mad at him for no reason. She accuses him of Sexual Harassment. Automatically, the system thinks he is guilty. They never even acknowledge the fact that......He Might Be Innocent.

A woman physically assaults a man. She hurts him. He was raised as a Gentleman and doesnt want to hurt her. She will hurt him and then lie to the Cops and say that HE was the one who hurt HER. The police will believe Her over Him any day.

This is NOT fair !!!!!

Feminist Organizations depict all men as evil and that is NOT true.

There are countless SHELTERS for WOMEN who are VICTIMS of Domestic Violence done by MEN.

There are no SHELTERS for MEN who are VICTIMS of Domestic Violence done by WOMEN.

This also isn't fair.

Men and Women suffer and both should be able to rely on the System to help them.
Yet that's not the way it is.

Someone needs to do something about that. More Men need to Speak Up about this. Don't be afraid. Join forces with others who are in the same boat. YOU are NOT alone.

I am going to try to be nice here because this subject is very, very close to my heart.

Most of what you talked about I know about personally, but this part hits closer to home. I am one of those women that was very abused by my x-husband. I was physically, mentally, and emotionally abused for 5 years until I decided that I had had enough and that I wanted to protect my children from having to live in a violent home. There are police reports as well as witnesses to the abuse to back up everything that I say.

When I decided to leave him, I got stalked. One day I got a ride to work (I had no car of my own at that time) from a guy that I worked with. My x followed us to town threatening to KILL both of us. He had to be thrown off the property. I had to get a restraining order against him. Once the devorce was final things were OK for a while until I told him that I was remarrying. That's when the problems started up again. See things were ok as long as I didn't stand up to my x and let him talk do do whatever he wated to do to me, but that all came to an end when I remarried and my x knew he wouldn't have any controll over me anymore. BTW we have been devorced for 4 years now. In 2002, my x threatened to KILL me and my husband just because I had the nerve to hung up on him. I then had to get an order of protection against him. This ran out in April of 2003 since he was stationed in Korea and I couldn't get it extended out.

Now that he is back in the states, he won't leave me alone. He managed to find out where I live at. He drives by my house several times a day and even parks a couple of blocks down watching my house. He has also told several people that he wants me off the face of the earth and when they ask him if he is saying that he wants me dead, he says, "yes, I want her dead." I can't get an order of protection against him. The judge said that I cna't get one because he didn't personally tell me that he wants me dead. He has also said that if he can't have me no one can have me. (Talk about obsessed?) He also stalks me through town. I work for my dad. He owns a satellite instalation business and I run his business for him. I am there every day by myself most of the time. He calls me up and tells me that he knows that I am there alone. He constantly follows me and I can't do anything about it. And, yes, there are police reports to prove this as well.

See, this is where the MAN is winning and is continuing to try to destroy my life and make me a nervous wreck and I can't do anything about it. One other thing, he knows too many people on the police department (including an x-brother-in-law) that keep letting him get away with everything.

This man has bragged about having the judges and the police in his back pocket. I have that on several taped conversations with him. You would think that the police department and the judges wouldn't like someone saying that about them and try to put a stop to him, but that hasn't happened yet and I don't see it happening any time soon.

My point here is that women aren't as protected and believed as you think they are. I know that women do get away with a lot, but in my case, this man has gotten away with everything but murder. Is it going to take him hurting me really bad or murdering me before someone does anything to me?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the