Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  John Kerry's View of Children...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Kerry's View of Children...  (Read 11471 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2004, 12:53:19 PM »

From Reuters news group:

A Roman Catholic, Kerry disputed the idea his belief that life begins at conception was incompatible with his support of embryonic stem cell research.

"It is entirely within ethical bounds to do embryonic stem cell research without violating one's beliefs at all about what life is or where it is and what matters," he told reporters at the Grand Canyon in Arizona.

"I think you have to measure it also against the lives you save, against the diseases that you're curing," he said.

Hm.  He wants to measure it against the lives saved by curing the diseases these babies would be giving their lives to save.  Hm.  And that's "entirely within ethical bounds."

If I had any doubt on who to vote for, I don't anymore.  Go Bush.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 01:33:38 PM »

ummmm, People all have different views on Politics and life.  Plus how can we believe in News articles being the True Words of anyone!  The media Always works the words over so people will either listen to them or buy from their sponsors.

No one is Perfect, In Fact, Bush is Not perfect either. Neither is Kerry, No one should expect the Media to portray the candidates in a perfect manner.

Is it interesting that society demands abortion as a birth control method which terminates the life of the unborn, which is thrown away. Kerry is using a military method of thinking of sacrificing a few to benefit or protect the most.

I am Pro-Life; I think any abortion is Murder that is performed by someone.  It is Not murder when God aborts the baby through His natural methods.

So, saying Go Bush is demeaning for anyone to hear this.  What about Children that read these pages, we know that happens?  I say this because non-members can see everything on this Board, so, we need to be careful what we say. Kids are kids, and words are words.  No One is Perfect!!

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 02:43:03 PM »

ummmm, People all have different views on Politics and life.  Plus how can we believe in News articles being the True Words of anyone!  The media Always works the words over so people will either listen to them or buy from their sponsors.

No one is Perfect, In Fact, Bush is Not perfect either. Neither is Kerry, No one should expect the Media to portray the candidates in a perfect manner.

Is it interesting that society demands abortion as a birth control method which terminates the life of the unborn, which is thrown away. Kerry is using a military method of thinking of sacrificing a few to benefit or protect the most.

I am Pro-Life; I think any abortion is Murder that is performed by someone.  It is Not murder when God aborts the baby through His natural methods.

So, saying Go Bush is demeaning for anyone to hear this.  What about Children that read these pages, we know that happens?  I say this because non-members can see everything on this Board, so, we need to be careful what we say. Kids are kids, and words are words.  No One is Perfect!!

Nope.  Nobody's perfect.  But Bush isn't willing to use our children's lives to prolong ours.  My vote goes to Bush.  Sorry if that chaffes, but saying he may have been misquoted, and that his view is ok doesn't change anything.  Go Bush!   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 03:12:10 PM »

ummmm, People all have different views on Politics and life.  

And being able to express our different views is basically the reason most of us participate in posting is it not?

Plus how can we believe in News articles being the True Words of anyone!  The media Always works the words over so people will either listen to them or buy from their sponsors.

Do you think we should disregard current news?

Welcome to the real world!   Not to be taken wrongly.  We as imperfect children of God, should seek HIS infinate perfect wisdom in all things (even our choice of President).  We can't just stick our heads in a hole in the ground and hope God takes care of it all.  He wants us to take action!  When we take action by faith, God can do wonders through us.   Wink

Kerry is using a military method of thinking of sacrificing a few to benefit or protect the most.

And which imperfect news source said this?

Saying GO BUSH is demeaning?  To whom?   Sorry I don't understand this.  Is that like saying "I'M PRO-LIFE" is demeaning?   See what I mean?   Its impossible to say anything that does not differ with someone elses opinion.  We are not called to be of the same opion....we are called to be the salt of the earth, the preserve!  

I know politics is a hot topic for many.  I believe this upcoming election could be more important than most think it is.  But thats just my opinion  Grin  We need to seek Gods wisdom and allow him to lead us in our Choice when we vote.  Don't stick your head in the sand and ignore whats going on.  Read the news, the transcripts the live interviews.  See what these men are about.   Then ask God, who he would have you choose.  

In the mean time, don't mind if me and Allinall yell....GO BUSH!   Grin  lol    Still love ya sister!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 08:06:46 PM »

MsGuidedAngel,

Re-reading my reply, I realise I may have sounded a bit turse.  It was not my intent to be abrassive, but rather understand your reaction to the original post.  Thus the numerous questions.

Anyways, hope you understand I'm not picking a fight, just picking your brain rather.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 09:28:04 PM »

MsGuidedAngel,

Re-reading my reply, I realise I may have sounded a bit turse.  It was not my intent to be abrassive, but rather understand your reaction to the original post.  Thus the numerous questions.

Anyways, hope you understand I'm not picking a fight, just picking your brain rather.

Grace and Peace!

Thanks Tim for Clairifying this!  I do not want to fight with anyone!  I Love Everyone here!! Grin

I am Brain Dead right now, it's 93 degrees outside right now at 6:25PM (PST), and 30% humidity.  I hate humidity with a passion.  Me being second Generation Nørwegian in the USA, I prefer Cold Winter weather.

Once I get my SSDI, I am Moving to the Coast of Oregon, near Astoria, Oregon.

Politics is not my bag of tricks anyhow. No one is Right in Politics!! They all lie one way or another to get into office, and have people covering up there bad doings and tracks!!

My Leader is Jesus Christ!!! \o/

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 11:28:26 PM »

I didn't realize Kindergarten Cop and parts of Free Willie were filmed in Astoria.  I've always wanted to visit Oregon...seems like a peacful place.

Politics is aggrivating.  All we can really do is ask God to guide us in our choice when voting.  Being a prophecy watcher, I do strongly feel this election in particular is of the uttmost importance.  I see trouble on the horizon for America.  I'm not sure either choice can change America's course from sin and judgment, but I certainly feel that one might get us there quicker.   Its deffinately an election to pray over, and that Gods choice will prevail.

My Leader is Jesus Christ!!!

Go Jesus!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:35:46 PM »

uh huh, that is one of my favorite movies!!!

I love Kindergarden Cop, I own the VHS, I must have seen it 30 times and I still love it!!!

Blessings,  \o/

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 11:50:47 PM »

I agree with you, the media will put a twisted on some story or leave enough out etc etc that they don't always give a fair picture.
     My son was with the first wave of Marines to hit bagdad. The military set up a hot line number for family members to call and get an occasional report from the Commanders, in almost every message the commander would remind the family to be careful of what they watched on TV, or listened too. News broadcast give a bleak picture of what was happening there, it was bad enough seeing the explosions on CNN, but I couldn't help myself, by baby was somewhere in the mix. I heard one thing from the broadcast, heard another from the Commanders. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRR, all I wanted was to hear ya Mom, your son is fine........lol.....So it was real confusion to listen to the News, and then turn around and hear the commander's reports, they never went together.
     THe problem is how we each see the "good" guy, and honestly, I would rather a child read GO BUSH that go k....... Like you I don't believe 100% everything from any politician, but I also believe that we have to vote for the guy that represents himself, and shows a history of being Christian. Lots of prayer and following the principals of the scripture is the only way I vote. The other guy seems like a fish out of water, flip flopping over this issue and that. But that is my opinion.

Blessing,
musicllover  

musicllover
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 01:50:49 AM »

I rather have a President that fibs and supports Christians. Then a President that supports murder and Gay rights.

[size=10]GO BUSH!![/size]

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 07:14:04 AM »

WARNING: LANGUAGE ADVISORY!
Go Kerry?  Huh

Quotes FROM Kerry:

Did you feel you were blindsided by Dean's success?
Well, not blindsided. I mean, when I voted for the war, I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, "I'm against everything"? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to gotcha1 it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did.
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2003_1202a.html

Noting my physical discomfort beside him in the backseat, Wade asks Kerry, "Sir, have you ever considered getting a bigger car?" Kerry shoots back, "No, but I have thought about cutting all your gotcha1ing legs off at the knees." Then he waves a hand at the green world outside. "Look at this weather," he exclaims.. "If I could, I'd go roll around on the grass somewhere ideally a spot where a dog hadn't been."
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2002_0827.html

Now, I am thinking that this is sort of unlikely and charming, and certainly amusing, but Kerry is so serious that when I call him the “Anti-Hillary” (apropos of the former First Lady’s 1992 line about not being the sort of political wife who stayed home baking cookies), it takes him a minute to get the joke. He finally does – “You damn right I was. I was the cookie guy”
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2003_0303.html

Did I think Bush was going to charge unilaterally into war? No. Did I think he would make such an incredible mess of the situation? No. Am I angry about it? You're God damned right I am. I chose to believe the President of the United States. That was a terrible mistake."

Your Questions, John Kerry's Answers
How will John Kerry protect Roe v. Wade?
I believe that women have the right to control their own bodies, their own lives, and their own destinies. The Constitution protects the right to choose and to make their own reproductive choices in consultation with their doctor, their conscience, and their God.
I will defend this right as President, as I have throughout my career, and will appoint only pro-choice judges to the Supreme Court.
http://www.johnkerry.com/communities/women/qa.html

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 10:43:17 AM »

I am sorry Reba,

I was just kidding!....

Blessings,  \o/

PS... I deleted it just now, I don't people getting the wrong message at all.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 10:45:23 AM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

Reba
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 11:31:28 AM »

I am sorry Reba,

I was just kidding!....

Blessings,  \o/

Kiss
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 06:11:31 PM »

WARNING: LANGUAGE ADVISORY!
Go Kerry?  Huh

Quotes FROM Kerry:

Did you feel you were blindsided by Dean's success?
Well, not blindsided. I mean, when I voted for the war, I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, "I'm against everything"? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to **** it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did.
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2003_1202a.html

Noting my physical discomfort beside him in the backseat, Wade asks Kerry, "Sir, have you ever considered getting a bigger car?" Kerry shoots back, "No, but I have thought about cutting all your ****ing legs off at the knees." Then he waves a hand at the green world outside. "Look at this weather," he exclaims.. "If I could, I'd go roll around on the grass somewhere ideally a spot where a dog hadn't been."
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2002_0827.html

Now, I am thinking that this is sort of unlikely and charming, and certainly amusing, but Kerry is so serious that when I call him the “Anti-Hillary” (apropos of the former First Lady’s 1992 line about not being the sort of political wife who stayed home baking cookies), it takes him a minute to get the joke. He finally does – “You damn right I was. I was the cookie guy”
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2003_0303.html

Did I think Bush was going to charge unilaterally into war? No. Did I think he would make such an incredible mess of the situation? No. Am I angry about it? You're God damned right I am. I chose to believe the President of the United States. That was a terrible mistake."

Your Questions, John Kerry's Answers
How will John Kerry protect Roe v. Wade?
I believe that women have the right to control their own bodies, their own lives, and their own destinies. The Constitution protects the right to choose and to make their own reproductive choices in consultation with their doctor, their conscience, and their God.
I will defend this right as President, as I have throughout my career, and will appoint only pro-choice judges to the Supreme Court.
http://www.johnkerry.com/communities/women/qa.html

WOW Sincereheart,
                          this is most interesting, thak you for revealing this to us, ooooohhhhh potty mouth, bad addittude and poor vision for this country.....not good, no no not good at all.

musicllover

musicllover
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

I am sorry Reba,

I was just kidding!....

Blessings,  \o/

Kiss

I am sorry I don't understand the response ~>  Kiss

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the