Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ten Conditions.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ten Conditions.  (Read 2308 times)
Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2004, 10:09:59 AM »

Ten Conditions to recieve The Holy Spirit.
1.Prayer.
Lk 11:13.If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

2.Desire.
Jn 7:37.In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

3.Faith.
Jn 7:39.(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

4.Forgiveness.
Acts 2;38.Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5.Obedience.
Acts 5:32.And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

6.Waiting .
Luke 24:49.And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

7.Through Anointed preaching.
Acts 11:15-16.And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16: Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

8.Know God well.
I Thess 4;8.He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

9.Laying Hands.
Acts 8;17.Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

10.Know Jesus well.
Mark 1;8.I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Give Thanks to The Lord Jesus Christ.

(1 Pet 5:6-7)  "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: {7} Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
http://www.myspace.com/chandru777
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 03:40:43 AM »

Ten Conditions to recieve The Holy Spirit.
1.Prayer.
Lk 11:13.If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

2.Desire.
Jn 7:37.In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

3.Faith.
Jn 7:39.(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

4.Forgiveness.
Acts 2;38.Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5.Obedience.
Acts 5:32.And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

6.Waiting .
Luke 24:49.And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

7.Through Anointed preaching.
Acts 11:15-16.And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16: Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

8.Know God well.
I Thess 4;8.He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

9.Laying Hands.
Acts 8;17.Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

10.Know Jesus well.
Mark 1;8.I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Give Thanks to The Lord Jesus Christ.

There is only one condition...that you believe.

Eppesians 1:13: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14: Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

To come to know the Word rightly divided is to know the difference between Israel and the Body of Christ. Today it is believe and no works. It is not through baptisim and laying on of hands that the Holy Spirit is recieved. There is only one baptism today and that is by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. I Cor. 12:13

13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Boaz

Jesus Loves you too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 04:19:01 AM »

Thank You.Good Insight.

(1 Pet 5:6-7)  "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: {7} Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
http://www.myspace.com/chandru777
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 11:08:21 AM »

Thank You.Good Insight.

Thank you. God bless!
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 12:54:34 AM »

Conditions for receiving the Holy Spirit:

1:  Believe in Him (John 3:16) and ask Him into your life
2:  Keep believing
3:  See number 1

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 12:59:57 AM »

John 16:8
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
KJV
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:04:19 AM »

Reba said:
John 16:8
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
KJV
I say: "Yes Ma'am!!!!!"  Grin  Grin  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 02:26:52 PM »

ONE condition to receiving the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the