Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:11:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Gay marriage? Not in MO!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gay marriage? Not in MO!  (Read 16476 times)
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2004, 10:31:07 AM »

Praise God!  He has heard our prayers.  In our primaries yesterday the people of Missouri voted for an amendment that states that marriage is to be only between one man and one woman.  So no 'judge' can rewrite and interpret it incorrectly. The rest of the nation will follow Missouri's lead and begin doing the same. 70% of Missourians are against gay marriage!  The way the liberal media tells it, everyone and their sister is for gay marriage! Tongue  I pray that this becomes a major issue during the upcoming presidential debates. Grin  Also, Missourians also turned down amend.1 which would turn the southwest portion of Missouri into a gambling haven in the Ozarks.  Thanks for all of the Christians who went out yesterday and voted!  If all Christians came out to vote every election we would see more of these victories!

Peace all!
God bless  

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 12:17:57 PM »

Praise God!  He has heard our prayers.  In our primaries yesterday the people of Missouri voted for an amendment that states that marriage is to be only between one man and one woman.  So no 'judge' can rewrite and interpret it incorrectly. The rest of the nation will follow Missouri's lead and begin doing the same. 70% of Missourians are against gay marriage!  The way the liberal media tells it, everyone and their sister is for gay marriage! Tongue  I pray that this becomes a major issue during the upcoming presidential debates. Grin  Also, Missourians also turned down amend.1 which would turn the southwest portion of Missouri into a gambling haven in the Ozarks.  Thanks for all of the Christians who went out yesterday and voted!  If all Christians came out to vote every election we would see more of these victories!

Peace all!
God bless  

You get "TWO" Thumbs Up, for Posting this Smiley

And ALL the Missourians, Get "TWO" Thumbs UP

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Music4Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 04:31:55 PM »

Praise God for that!  We still need to keep praying for the other states, but thank you, Aiki Storm, for telling us the good news about Missouri!  That is definitely an answered prayer! Praise God! Grin

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. Hebrews 11:1
   The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 05:32:09 AM »

Praise God for that!  We still need to keep praying for the other states, but thank you, Aiki Storm, for telling us the good news about Missouri!  That is definitely an answered prayer! Praise God! Grin

YES!!!! Praise God!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 11:50:36 PM »

Smiley
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 05:55:43 AM »

Smiley

Smiley

Isn’t today a good day...

By placing our faith in Christ’s shed blood and nothing else, we can have eternal life.  Isn’t today a good day to place your faith in Christ?  There will never be a better time.  In fact, there is no guarantee of another day. Trust Christ today.  

<Smiley))><
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 06:28:31 AM »

I'm guessing you all know about the 11 states that voted against gay marriage's or unions as well?

coptic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 06:56:02 AM »

I'm guessing you all know about the 11 states that voted against gay marriage's or unions as well?

EDITED!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 07:30:38 AM by coptic » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 07:22:10 AM »

More"gay"Garbage

+++++++++++++++++++++
Isn’t today a good day...

By placing our faith in Christ’s shed blood and nothing else, we can have eternal life.  Isn’t today a good day to place your faith in Christ?  There will never be a better time.  In fact, there is no guarantee of another day. Trust Christ today.  

<Smiley))><
coptic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 07:24:31 AM »

More"gay"Garbage

I've edited my previous post.

Instead I'll post a quote :

"Small minds are much distressed by little things. Great minds see them all but are not upset by them."
  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 07:33:18 AM by coptic » Logged
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 07:50:54 AM »

French..... Roll Eyes  Useless, you of course miss the point of what God says.  So then it is no small thing.  Of course anything of God is small to you, most likely.  Everything of God is big to those that believe in the LORD and his word.

coptic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 07:56:31 AM »

French..... Roll Eyes  Useless, you of course miss the point of what God says.  So then it is no small thing.  Of course anything of God is small to you, most likely.  Everything of God is big to those that believe in the LORD and his word.

I just refuse to let my religious views affect my political views.  This is important to me.  Especially, in our "democratic" society where my vote can affect others.  I love my fellow Americans and keep them in my thoughts when I cast my votes.

Does this make sense to you?  It must not, because you were able to so quickly summarize my post (before it was edited) in two words, "gay garbage".  And that I think is a shame.  Shame on you.

Oh, and what is wrong with the French?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 07:59:03 AM by coptic » Logged
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 11:43:31 AM »

I just refuse to let my religious views affect my political views.  This is important to me.  Especially, in our "democratic" society where my vote can affect others.  I love my fellow Americans and keep them in my thoughts when I cast my votes.

Does this make sense to you?  It must not, because you were able to so quickly summarize my post (before it was edited) in two words, "gay garbage".  And that I think is a shame.  Shame on you.

Oh, and what is wrong with the French?

Your political views should fall in line with your beliefs.  You beliefs should be your way of life and hence effects everything you do.  I wouldn't vote for legalizing any sinful act whether it be , sexual, drug use, gambling etc.

I didn't summarize your post with "gay garbage".  In fact I have no idea what your post said.  I think you have confused me with brother love.

As far as the french or any other Euopean country, I could care less about what they have to say.  They have fallen far from truth and it makes me quite sad to see where they are socially and spiritually.  Maybe even where they aren't rather.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 11:46:58 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

coptic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 11:56:07 AM »

Your political views should fall in line with your beliefs.  You beliefs should be your way of life and hence effects everything you do.  I wouldn't vote for legalizing any sinful act whether it be , sexual, physical or otherwise.  I.E. drug use, gambling etc.

Yours may.  Mine don't.  Enough said.

As far as the french or any other Euopean country, I could care less about what they have to say.  They fallen far from truth and it makes me quite sad to see where they are socially and spiritually.  Maybe even where they aren't rather.

I don't even know how to respond to this.  Especially since the quote I posted is not from modern times (from the 17th Century).  I don't see how you can draw lines between modern or recent European values (social/spritual) and those of the past.  Where did your family emigrate from?  Can I assume that you descend from European heritage, not unlike many Christian Americans.  So , then, what are you REALLY trying to say here?  I think I'll follow your example of READING BETWEEN THE LINES and letting it mean whatever the heck I want it to mean (absolutely nothing at all).
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 05:11:46 PM »

EDITED!

Good message, the EDITED Part that is Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the