Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:42:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  christian values
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Who stands for christian values better
Republicans - 3 (37.5%)
Democrats - 2 (25%)
Other - 3 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: christian values  (Read 1257 times)
karikarki

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2004, 12:41:11 PM »

i can't seem to understand when anti-abortion, the integrity of church and state, and anti-gay marriage became "christian values"
i mean when did jesus ever speak against abortion, gays, or the seperation of church and state?
however, jesus did speak for the weak, and those who have no voice
he despised the rich and the corrupt, and gave to those who were poor and the downtrodden
he cured the sick, and he preached to all
thus, i can't understand why christians today would claim that bush, and republicans, have the christian values, but kerry, and the democrats do not
it would seem to me that democrats, not republicans, uphold far more christian values then the republicans do
Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:56:18 PM »

i can't seem to understand when anti-abortion, the integrity of church and state, and anti-gay marriage became "christian values"
i mean when did jesus ever speak against abortion, gays, or the seperation of church and state?
he despised the rich and the corrupt, and gave to those who were poor and the downtrodden
thus, i can't understand why christians today would claim that bush, and republicans, have the christian values, but kerry, and the democrats do not
it would seem to me that democrats, not republicans, uphold far more christian values then the republicans do

Christianity is best validated through the individual...Christians best uphold Christian values.

Bronzesnake
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 02:47:11 PM »

Christianity is best validated through the individual...Christians best uphold Christian values.

Bronzesnake

You Get "ONE" Thumb Up Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 03:02:20 PM »

BL, you are turning into the Siskel and Ebert of CU....lol

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 03:06:17 PM »

BL, you are turning into the Siskel and Ebert of CU....lol

Grace and Peace!

Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
karikarki

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 03:49:58 PM »

Bronzesnake
good call
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 10:57:37 PM »

Well, Jesus is God. The Bible is His Word. The Bible speaks out against homosexuality and the killing of the innocent. Cant' get much more innocent than a preborn babe.

You're right Jesus did speak for the weak and those who have no voice. I have yet to hear a preborn babe speak up for themselves.

he despised the rich

He did??!! Where?

and the corrupt, and gave to those who were poor and the downtrodden

Yup!

In general, the democratic party has done more to promote homosexuality, abortion etc.

It is the job of the followers of Christ to take care of the widows and orphans. That is not the governments job. Every time the gov't touches something, it ruins it. And we think we should give them our most helpless people to take care of? I think not!!

I care too much about our widows and orphans to willingly turn them over to a gov't who really doesn't care a bit about them.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
digme
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 07:16:50 AM »

Well, Jesus is God. The Bible is His Word. The Bible speaks out against homosexuality and the killing of the innocent. Cant' get much more innocent than a preborn babe.

INCORRECT! Romans 3 Doesnot have a disclaimer or a small print against babies or small children...  sin is in us, because the glory has departed... you need to explain yourself. Is the innocence that you talk about categorized  in through the eyes of the world or the innocence as seen by God? if the 1st why are you posting in this thread, it doesnot belong in here for it says christian values, which by necessity is going to be measured up against what the word of God says about the human condition. if the latter, read the top line of this paragraph again! Brother or sister(whoever you are), i am not trying to be unkind, please explain yourself about the babies thing.  And if any suggestion, the solution is not laws...  Christ teaches us "the problem is not really the problem"... finish it, "out of the heart..." I am out!
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 01:08:14 AM »

I think Jesus Christ stands for Everyone better than anyone could think of.

Without Jesus we are nothing! Since I really do not like poilitics at all, I refuse to comment who would uphold values better!

I believe is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, the Holy Trinity!!! God is in control let Him in your Drivers Seat!

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn

PS. I am Pro-life, I believe any abortion is murder in the first degree!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 01:09:41 AM by KristiAnn » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the