Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ephesians 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ephesians 3  (Read 9173 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 02:49:25 AM »

Ephesians 3 - Part Ten

This is controversial to some, but please see a contrast in Matthew:

Mat 13:11  He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

WHY? They don't pertain to the King, Jesus.

There is another portion of the Mystery that is quite precious to most of mankind, those who are not part of Israel. Gentiles were unclean, pagan, heathen that the Jews were to avoid. The things and ways of God were NOT to be shared with the heathen. The unclean would not and could not share in the promises of God. There were considered to be the personification of evil in the flesh. It was unthinkable for the Jews to think of Gentiles as sharing the same BODY, being fellow-heirs, or being partakers of the things of God. Paul uses some words that are unique and peculiar in part of his writing that relates to the calling of the Gentiles. Many Jews hated Paul for two primary reasons: (1) He was preaching about Jesus Christ being Very God, the CHRIST, the Lord and Saviour; (2) He was preaching to the Gentiles and sharing the things of God with unclean things. Please see in context:

Ephesians 3:3  How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Ephesians 3:4  Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Ephesians 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Ephesians 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Romans 16:25  Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Ephesians 1:9  Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Ephesians 6:19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:26  Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 4:3  Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

"who created all things by Jesus Christ:" should be self-explanatory. Jesus Christ was NOT just a man, a preacher, a messenger, or a prophet. Jesus Christ was VERY GOD made manifest in the flesh.  Jesus Christ was and is THE CREATOR. It is interesting to wonder how many REALLY knew that Jesus Christ was VERY GOD. There are hosts that still don't believe that Jesus Christ was VERY GOD.  It is also interesting to wonder about how many REALLY knew and understood that ALMIGHTY GOD was and is a HOLY TRINITY - GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - YET THE THREE ARE ONE!.

Paul was given the most precious truths of the Holy Bible to preach and teach, not just to the Gentiles, but also to teach the other Apostles. The time Paul taught about was NOT the Millennial Kingdom of God on earth, rather about a time that was NOT seen or taught about by the prophets of old. Paul referred to this time as the Dispensation of Grace, and that time is NOW. The highlights of this time are God's Love, God's Grace, God's Gift, the CROSS, the Church Which is the BODY OF CHRIST, Salvation FULL AND FREE ONLY AND COMPLETELY BY FAITH ALONE IN JESUS CHRIST - not of works or deeds of the Law, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and the RAPTURE of the Church which is the BODY OF CHRIST at the end of the age. What Paul preached then was very controversial, and it is still controversial for many today. The Rule and Reign of Jesus Christ in the Millennial Kingdom is quite real and true, but that time hasn't come yet. The here and now is the Dispensation of Grace.
____________________ See Part Eleven

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 05:23:26 AM »

I LOVE YOUR STUDY BROTHER- ALL OF IT

AMEN!!!!

Paul was given the most precious truths of the Holy Bible to preach and teach, not just to the Gentiles, but also to teach the other Apostles. The time Paul taught about was NOT the Millennial Kingdom of God on earth, rather about a time that was NOT seen or taught about by the prophets of old. Paul referred to this time as the Dispensation of Grace, and that time is NOW. The highlights of this time are God's Love, God's Grace, God's Gift, the CROSS, the Church Which is the BODY OF CHRIST, Salvation FULL AND FREE ONLY AND COMPLETELY BY FAITH ALONE IN JESUS CHRIST - not of works or deeds of the Law, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and the RAPTURE of the Church which is the BODY OF CHRIST at the end of the age. What Paul preached then was very controversial, and it is still controversial for many today. The Rule and Reign of Jesus Christ in the Millennial Kingdom is quite real and true, but that time hasn't come yet. The here and now is the Dispensation of Grace.

AMEN!!!!

<Smiley))><
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 05:25:59 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 07:43:44 PM »

Still waiting on Part 11

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 10:05:24 PM »

Brother Love,

Brother, health has been an issue for me. I love this portion of the Bible so much that I don't want to make a mistake. I've really been waiting for a time that I feel strong enough to do it right and not post something that is confusing or in error. I do want to finish this study, and I'm going to ask God to give me the strength and help to do it.

My doctor has just changed my medicine again, and I'm praying that I will be able to do more soon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

P.S. I also love thinking about this Scripture. JESUS will be coming for us soon.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 09:40:10 AM »

Brother Love,

Brother, health has been an issue for me. I love this portion of the Bible so much that I don't want to make a mistake. I've really been waiting for a time that I feel strong enough to do it right and not post something that is confusing or in error. I do want to finish this study, and I'm going to ask God to give me the strength and help to do it.

My doctor has just changed my medicine again, and I'm praying that I will be able to do more soon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

P.S. I also love thinking about this Scripture. JESUS will be coming for us soon.

I am sorry to hear your sick Brother, can I help in anyway?
I will be praying for you and your family.

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 06:08:29 PM »

Brother Love,

Thank you sincerely for your prayers. Prayer is always the best medicine. I'm optimistic that the results of the last visit to the doctor are going to be positive. I am beginning to feel some better and stronger. I like my doctor, but I firmly believe they are only tools that God uses. My doctor feels the same way I do, so I'm in good hands, GOD'S.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 05:48:40 AM »

Brother Love,

Thank you sincerely for your prayers. Prayer is always the best medicine. I'm optimistic that the results of the last visit to the doctor are going to be positive. I am beginning to feel some better and stronger. I like my doctor, but I firmly believe they are only tools that God uses. My doctor feels the same way I do, so I'm in good hands, GOD'S.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Amen Brother

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the