Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:47:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christians Against Israel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christians Against Israel?  (Read 13380 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2004, 07:37:08 PM »

Presbyterians to divest from Israel
3 million-strong denomination supports Arab demands
Posted: July 17, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern
2004 WorldNetDaily.com

By an overwhelming vote of its general assembly, the Presbyterian Church USA, boasting 3 million members, is siding with Palestinian Arabs and against Israel, choosing to divest from the Jewish state as it did only with apartheid South Africa.
With the decision, approved in a 431-62 vote at the 216th annual general assembly of the PCUSA, the denomination is believed to be the largest organization or institution to join the divestment campaign against Israel. It is the first Christian denomination to do so.
In 2001, the combined value of the church's foundation and pension fund was estimated at $7 billion.
Leaders of the liberal mainline Protestant church approved several other anti-Israel resolutions at their gathering in Richmond, Va., and also refused to halt funding for "messianic congregations" that target Jews for conversion.
The Presbyterian resolutions came just as Jewish organizations were hailing the results of a historic international interfaith meeting in Buenos Aires last week, where Roman Catholic officials for the first time signed on to a document equating anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism.
The assembly set the stage for the church to divest itself from companies that receive $1 million dollars or more in profits per year from investments in Israel or have invested $1 million dollars or more in Israel.
In a news release, the PCUSA liaison to the Middle East, Rev. Victor Makari, was quoted as saying: "If nothing else seems to have changed the policy of Israel toward Palestinians, we need to send a clear and strong message."
The church statement noted that "divestment is one of the strategies that U.S. churches used in the 1970s and '80s in a successful campaign to end apartheid in South Africa."

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

2 John 7-11

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
KJV

Israel is a antichrist nation.
Reba
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 08:02:12 PM »

From a political standpoint..  

The nation of Israel has the same, or should have, rights as, say, Kuwait.  The USA pushed out her invading forces.  We sent solders to their deaths defending the right of Kuwait to be a nation. Both countries , States,  or what ever the political correct term of the day is, came fully into being after WWII. I would , if it was mine to would   Tongue,  give help or what ever the same aid to Israel as we ( USA) did for Kuwait.  
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 12:01:15 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Israel is still God's chosen people. Bible prophecy clearly states that Israel will be center stage for the end times of this age. We must also remember that the man, Christ Jesus, came unto HIS own. HIS own were Jews.

There is much Biblical prophecy yet to be fulfilled with Israel. There are also promises of God to Israel that will be most definitely fulfilled.

Heads of State may or may not believe in Biblical prophecy and the promises of God to Israel. It is clear that many do not. It is also apparent that many churches either do not understand or disbelieve Biblical prophecy and the promises of God to Israel. I would quickly state that I don't understand all of the Biblical details about Israel. However, I would state with certainty that GOD isn't through with Israel.

As an overly simple statement, I would say it's not smart to go against Israel, nor would it be smart to neglect their needs. Regardless of how small Israel may be, it will most certainly be the world center stage for Biblical prophecy. No power on earth will be able to change the outcome. God's will and purpose for Israel will be fulfilled, regardless of how many nations stand against it or attack it.

Sister Reba, I'm well aware that most people in Israel don't accept Jesus Christ as GOD, Lord and Saviour. However, I'm also aware that God isn't through with Israel. If it came down to a fight with Israel, I would have to fight on the side of Israel.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 12:14:32 AM »

Politically we argree Mr. Bepster.  Smiley
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 12:33:09 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

Sister, I think that I understand.

Can I assume that you would not join the Israeli Rest Home Brigade with me. Some of their weapons are awesome (i.e. bedpans).  Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 08:21:22 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Israel is still God's chosen people. Bible prophecy clearly states that Israel will be center stage for the end times of this age. We must also remember that the man, Christ Jesus, came unto HIS own. HIS own were Jews.

There is much Biblical prophecy yet to be fulfilled with Israel. There are also promises of God to Israel that will be most definitely fulfilled.

Heads of State may or may not believe in Biblical prophecy and the promises of God to Israel. It is clear that many do not. It is also apparent that many churches either do not understand or disbelieve Biblical prophecy and the promises of God to Israel. I would quickly state that I don't understand all of the Biblical details about Israel. However, I would state with certainty that GOD isn't through with Israel.

As an overly simple statement, I would say it's not smart to go against Israel, nor would it be smart to neglect their needs. Regardless of how small Israel may be, it will most certainly be the world center stage for Biblical prophecy. No power on earth will be able to change the outcome. God's will and purpose for Israel will be fulfilled, regardless of how many nations stand against it or attack it.

Sister Reba, I'm well aware that most people in Israel don't accept Jesus Christ as GOD, Lord and Saviour. However, I'm also aware that God isn't through with Israel. If it came down to a fight with Israel, I would have to fight on the side of Israel.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Israel is still God's chosen people...Amen Tom, i would have to agree strongly with Tom on this one. Paul says God blinded the Jews so the Gentiles could be grafted in, to provoke them to jealousy... and to watch that we as Christians dont boast against the first branches.

Rom 11:25  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27  For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28  As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.
Rom 11:30  For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34  For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35  Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, [are] all things: to whom [be] glory for ever. Amen.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 08:48:35 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

Can I assume that you would not join the Israeli Rest Home Brigade with me. Some of their weapons are awesome (i.e. bedpans).  Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom
She may not join you but, I will Beeps. Grin I am still a very good shot with assorted weapons. Embarrassed

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 11:04:09 PM »

AJ Quoted:

Rom 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

Oklahoma Howdy to AJ,

Your post hit the nail on the head. Romans 11:29 speaks of the perfect Character of Almighty God. "Without repentance" pertains to God not taking back HIS promises and always fulfilling them at HIS appointed time. Men are grossly imperfect, they lie, and they can't be trusted to keep an agreement, promise, or covenant. Almighty God is the opposite. A promise, gift, or covenant of Almighty God will be kept and performed beyond the measure of men. It's interesting to note that we never deserve to receive HIS Grace, Love, Gifts, and promises. On the opposite end of the scale, those who have been promised HIS wrath richly deserve it.

I give thanks that most of us on Christians Unite are partakers of HIS Grace, Love, Gifts, and promises, even though we don't deserve it. I especially give thanks to Almighty God that HIS perfection means that our Riches in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, will not be taken back. Jesus Christ, GOD and Great Shepherd, will not lose a single member of HIS Flock. This is because of HIS Might, Works, and Righteousness, not our own.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour for eternity!

AJ, thanks for your beautiful post.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 11:07:54 PM »

Hey guys i didn't write the little books of John just  quoted em. sheeesh...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 11:35:49 PM »

Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

Grin   Grin  Sister, it would have been nice for you to tell us this earlier.

Love In Christ,
Tom

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 01:36:47 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to AJ,

Your post hit the nail on the head. Romans 11:29 speaks of the perfect Character of Almighty God. "Without repentance" pertains to God not taking back HIS promises and always fulfilling them at HIS appointed time. Men are grossly imperfect, they lie, and they can't be trusted to keep an agreement, promise, or covenant. Almighty God is the opposite. A promise, gift, or covenant of Almighty God will be kept and performed beyond the measure of men. It's interesting to note that we never deserve to receive HIS Grace, Love, Gifts, and promises. On the opposite end of the scale, those who have been promised HIS wrath richly deserve it.

I give thanks that most of us on Christians Unite are partakers of HIS Grace, Love, Gifts, and promises, even though we don't deserve it. I especially give thanks to Almighty God that HIS perfection means that our Riches in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, will not be taken back. Jesus Christ, GOD and Great Shepherd, will not lose a single member of HIS Flock. This is because of HIS Might, Works, and Righteousness, not our own.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour for eternity!

AJ, thanks for your beautiful post.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen Brother Tom... Smiley
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 05:56:08 PM »

I suppose since I started this thread without giving an opinion one way or another, I should at least chip in with my take; I am disappointed in the Presbyterians.  I agree that that Israel is chosen by God, and although the majority of Israel still strays from The Word, we know from prophecy that it will not always be so.  As a Christian I feel bound to Israel, scripturally and spiritually.  One day we will all occupy Jerusalem as one flock.  

To me, Christians siding with Muslims against the Jewish nation of Israel just doesn’t play.  It goes against everything I’ve ever been taught – from Genesis through Revelation: Moses leading the chosen from Egypt to the 144,000 - 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes...  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 06:03:48 PM »

I suppose since I started this thread without giving an opinion one way or another, I should at least chip in with my take; I am disappointed in the Presbyterians.  I agree that that Israel is chosen by God, and although the majority of Israel still strays from The Word, we know from prophecy that it will not always be so.  As a Christian I feel bound to Israel, scripturally and spiritually.  One day we will all occupy Jerusalem as one flock.  
To me, Christians siding with Muslims against the Jewish nation of Israel just doesn’t play.  It goes against everything I’ve ever been taught – from Genesis through Revelation: Moses leading the chosen from Egypt to the 144,000 - 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes...  

Hi X,

What does this verse mean to you?

Heb 12:22

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
KJV

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the